AsobiSeksu

91786-otomen_super.jpg

Year of Released: 2007
Author: KANNO Aya
Artist: KANNO Aya
Genre(s): comedy, romance, school life, shoujo
Volumes: 18 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=6530
Published by: Viz
*This series has also live action drama released.
Summary

From Serenus Dreamers:
Asuka is a guy who has likings for girly things like shoujo manga, baking, and sewing. However, his mother forbids him being so and wants him to grow up manly. He starts learning kendo and karate and grows up to be stoic guy. But can he fight the urge of falling in love and hiding his real identity?

**Title: The title, "Otomen" is a pun. "Otome", meaning "young lady" or "mistress", and the English word "men" put together. The characters refer to Asuka as an "otomen" and even he himself has done so.

hopefully, there's no other thread for this manga. didn't see any in the manga index thread. anyway, i think this manga is really sweet and cute. i found it while looking for another story to read. i never read anything like this before, so i really like it.

Otomenfull318541.jpg

OTOMEN_by_Curryuku.jpg

otomen_bishies.jpg

Guest ~fantasygurl~

i really hate guys who are girly and all but this manga is so different i dunno why but i fell in love with this guy caz he is so much different than other guys o seen in real life and in mangas! hahaha

I started reading this manga! It's really cute~

For some reason Asuka reminds me of Ichigo from Bleach and Chika from Zombie Loan. lol

Guest NO NAME?

I saw two volumes of this series at B&N today. It looks interesting. I was staring at the cover for the longest time because I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy it. Haha.

awwww i read it.. like the first volume ^_^

(i seriously need to find time to read my manga) LOL

and ITS SOOOO CUTE!!! ive been holding back to read it cuz i thought it would be some kind of shounen ai...... but GOOOOOSH~~~ asuka is sooo adorable!!! i adore guys who read shoujo manga and knows how to cook too!!!!

im loving every single of it~~

and the girl is lovable too. she's pretty tough and he's pretty girly... they compliment each other = love ^_^

KAKAKAKAKKAAKKA~

thanks for the recommendation.

Guest shiawasebeam

I've read a little bit of the first volume because my host sister had it when I was in Japan.

But, other than that... I haven't exactly read it. It seems like a good manga, though.

Archived