[Drama 2009] My Fair Lady / Lady Castle 아가씨를 부탁해

_shin_

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TaroTard

Wah thanks for the gorgeous pics!!!!

I just watched episode 9 on viikii, gosh that was tense! XD it was done really well though I felt really heartbroken for the both of them, Hye Na because she seems utterly destroyed by the betrayl and Dong Chan because he's hurting and been misunderstood... I know it was his intention to begin with, but we've seen him progress and it's so heart breaking to watch them both suffer T_T

Next episode should be interesting from what I have read, looking forwards to it ^0^ aja!

Guest magarine

Thank you so all beautiful pics.

That looks like a scene at the end of ep 10, may be this is why there's no preview <_<

The schedule must be really tight for the casts. I wish all of them be healthy.

smr05 thanks for the translation, why didn't he just tell her he love her??!!!??!!

Ep10 already up, Taro-chan ^^

I loved Ep10. It was utterly fab.

Things began to take a change, and is entering the black-white stage.

Like how Hyena doesn't want Dongchan to leave and stay by her side, like how Taeyoon discovers Hyena's feelings for Dongchan, like how Euijoo confesses to Dongchan yet feels so jealous of Hyena.

I had something to say though. Why must Euijoo feel jealous? I mean hell yeah, your man's in love with another and that another is a 'bad' woman who's mean and all that crap, but look, you're selfishly only wishing to keep your love with yourself; I don't mean one wont feel anything or that one should give up his/her love, but What is Euijoo doing?

She seems like she's forsaking DC-oppa to come into any contact with Hyena-agassi and all~

What are you doing, Euijoo-ssi? :huh:

Though I practically loved the drama (up till now) and its twists + the protagonists and their love for one another, be it in any form. ESPECIALLY Dongchan's, for Hyena --- the rescuing her from media after her grandpa was hopitalized -- oh man, that was utterly ridiculously so...touching (could I say?). Imagine a guy doing that. And it was after watching you on television, he rushed there at all costs...to save you.

-----------

edit:

yea why didn't DC just be honest with her?

I guess he didn't wanna lose her, because if he really did confess earlier, Hyena would have misunderstood more.

It's better to keep her like this, actually.

Ep11 should have a preview, just sometime next wk. :)

Kidarigo! ^^

Hi YEH warriors..

It's nice to read that audience and critics started to give good feedback to MFL and YEH acting..I think the bad criticisms hurled at MFL, & YEH's acting in the early episodes really hurt the rating of MFL...MFL has a good start even started strong as compared to CP and Goong...but it fails to sustain it or go up....episode 4 earns the highest rating right?.

Maybe the 11 year age gap of Yoon-Yoon couple does not excite Koreans much...also I am little bit sad that the better twists and good episodes came later..if only if it came (good episodes) early, well Koreans' interest will remain.

But, I have to still give credit to YEH for the 13,14, ratings is not bad..it is still a success..(even pupular actors and actress in Korea have share of flops) please YEH fans in Korean watch MFL, don't let it go down to 1 digit rating..good rating is still good as it will give YEH opportunity to choose better scripts for movies, TV..in the future how can she get better offers if she fails in her last drama...I am not Korean but I like her and I will still support her..she is still good in emotional scenes and she is good in crying..don't get me wrong YSH is good actor but of course this is a rom-com ...some audience prefers that the lead actors were almost of the same age bracket...it's good (for me) the director, writers do not capitalize with the formula of too many kissing scenes ...well it work with YEH and Gong Yoo in CP (they have sparks, chemistry)..but I do'nt think it will work in this MFL plot, the production is right to reserve the kissing scenes in the latter parts as the Yoon-Yoon chemistry started to finally manifest especially in episode 9 (they have still have chemistry although as not as much with GY or Joo Ji Hoon in Goong)..YEH please do heavy drama ( movie or TV drama), next time, or political thriller..I hope you can do a movie or drama that does not require you to have love interest-partner...i hope you can do a movie or drama with Dennis Oh or Oneil of the Spy drama (am I right?) MFL fighting

Guest ladyusagi

I read this thread a lot but have never commented because I didn't want to accidentally step on any toes unless I really really had to say something. I think this has been stated before but it's not like an 11 year age difference hasn't been done before in successful kdramas. I read this thread and the comments on javabeans' recaps and sometimes the comments at that website are just plain mean. I believe on ep 9, somebody under anonymous actually said people that liked DC were donkey heads(?) and were mad that everybody was against TY. It was pretty funny in a ridiculous way because she was seriously yelling at and attacking the fans for liking someone besides TY.

Personally, I don't feel like TY is hated by anyone at all. I mean, people might complain that he doesn't do enough but that's a writing problem not JIL's fault himself. And the consensus is that he's adorable so yeah..

But I digress. What I originally wanted to say was that a lot of people have been saying the "low ratings" are because people aren't interested in seeing an ajusshi like YSH. Um, first of all, I don't think a 14-15% range is low for ratings. It's not spectacular but it's still very good. Low ratings would be hovering around 4-5% like Joo Jin Mo's Dream is right now T_T. Also, YSH is really popular right now in Korea so if anything, I think people would be curious to watch just to see him in something else after his lovable portrayal in Queen of Housewives.

I think the 3% drop in ratings from the first episode probably resulted from the initial YEH criticisms and the disjointed writing of the story. I really enjoy this drama and the main casts a lot but you have to admit, the first few episodes felt like test runs and the directors and writers weren't really sure where they were going or what they wanted to do.

I really wonder why there's got to be such a severe divide for lack of a better word between people that like this character or that character. Like, you can't like DC AND TY or HN and EJ at the same time.

Guest MisS CuTe

Eui-joo is stuck in that limbo that women often find themselves in, that “He’s just not that into you” purgatory.—-> OUCH! If am EJ.hehehe^__^

thanks JB for the ever wonderful recap as always ( i think I always say that.. but who cares that’s the truth) …

the story is really progressing nicely…

anyway, i always want to eat in that “pojangmacha”. can someone explain to me what that is. i’m really curious. it is just a “drinking venue” cause i always see that in kdrama where the actor is always drinking soju.

YEH is really pretty with less scary make-up, real bobcat hairdo… I think she is really pretty even without make-up….

Guest kapeadik

Hi all! :)

I just finished watching episodes 9 and 10 in mysoju and vikii, respectively. I can't agree more... 9 and 10 are the best episodes for me...so far! :lol: Although I loved the 9th because of all the confessions and what not, I kinda felt that all of the characters' lines were a little weak...the writers could have milked more emotions from the scenes, just my opinion. :P Like most of you here, my favorites were the DC-HN confrontations and that yummy hug at the end. :wub:

On episode 10, I have no complaints whatsoever haha! Loved it from beginning to end! I confess that this was the first episode in which I appreciated MCW's acting...finally felt a little sympathy for her ---ugh, the "evils" of unrequited love! In previews epis, just kinda put up with her character as the "necessary villain" --- nothing new, nothing special --- thus, not much to mention about. On the 10th though, EJ earned her 4th main lead distinction for me. It's kinda unfortunate though that EJ will turn out to have some malicious streaks in her all because of her love for DC (saw that coming a mile away really). For YSH, no one will ever get lost on him in this series! You feel the difference in emotions and even in his nuances as to whom he's currently on screen with. He has brotherly love for EJ and so much more of the romantic kind for HN. I especially loved him in the scene where he was "speaking" to his mom...ahh, felt his pain! And finally, not to be outdone, JIW came to life! He has become more "real" because of his jealousy of DC. One can see that he has it in him to fight for HN til the end. May be we will see a TY-EJ team-up, albeit if only as allies to keep DC and HN apart hehe.

I love the mystery that's about to unfold regarding the plans of the greedy uncle. I'm not very sure of Dong Gun being the mole anymore either (fickle me haha!). I noticed that the hands of the spy (when HN's computer files were being copied) looked more of a woman's especially with the longer and clean fingernails! :lol: Ah, I dread whatever's gonna happen to the grandfather in the future...poor HN! At least, it will mean more emotional scenes for YEH. No one can argue that she is very adept in making us all shed tears with her!

I just hope that epis 9 and 10 finally stopped the supply of fodder for all the criticisms on YEH's acting. Her acting speaks loads (and far more eloquently than I can muster) for itself! No need to provide a leg-up for her to continue staying in that well-deserved high horse hehe.

In my opinion, no one outshone, nor stayed in the background of, anyone in episode 10! All the 4 leads came to their element in this one. Kinda disappointed though that there was no preview...the writers are slowly killing us all in the anticipation of what's to come...aaahhhh! :blink::wacko:

Go, go, go MFL! woot woot!

Oh, let me correct myself: I have one complaint on epi 10! You, TY! Who in his right mind and heart would be satisfied with a mere hug after that awesome date you had with HN?! Better move fast, boy, while you still have a chance...kiss her already darn it! Peace! :P

Guest resident:alien

This drama is starting to pick up fast (took long enough). I like that we don't have a preview for next week. This is how "they" keep you hooked and thirsting for more. It keeps it buzzing.

BTW, which episode was it when KHN informed SDC that he should grant her a wish in the future (since it was brought up in Episode 10)?

Guest sakura_dubai

I read this thread a lot but have never commented because I didn't want to accidentally step on any toes unless I really really had to say something. I think this has been stated before but it's not like an 11 year age difference hasn't been done before in successful kdramas. I read this thread and the comments on javabeans' recaps and sometimes the comments at that website are just plain mean. I believe on ep 9, somebody under anonymous actually said people that liked DC were donkey heads(?) and were mad that everybody was against TY. It was pretty funny in a ridiculous way because she was seriously yelling at and attacking the fans for liking someone besides TY.

Personally, I don't feel like TY is hated by anyone at all. I mean, people might complain that he doesn't do enough but that's a writing problem not JIL's fault himself. And the consensus is that he's adorable so yeah..

But I digress. What I originally wanted to say was that a lot of people have been saying the "low ratings" are because people aren't interested in seeing an ajusshi like YSH. Um, first of all, I don't think a 14-15% range is low for ratings. It's not spectacular but it's still very good. Low ratings would be hovering around 4-5% like Joo Jin Mo's Dream is right now T_T. Also, YSH is really popular right now in Korea so if anything, I think people would be curious to watch just to see him in something else after his lovable portrayal in Queen of Housewives.

I think the 3% drop in ratings from the first episode probably resulted from the initial YEH criticisms and the disjointed writing of the story. I really enjoy this drama and the main casts a lot but you have to admit, the first few episodes felt like test runs and the directors and writers weren't really sure where they were going or what they wanted to do.

I really wonder why there's got to be such a severe divide for lack of a better word between people that like this character or that character. Like, you can't like DC AND TY or HN and EJ at the same time.

oh no.. i like them all hahaha~ seriously,, i'm not on DC side and i hate TY.. i like them all.. EJ and HY... they are all nice.. i like EJ's cute dresses, and YH's amazing dresses.. EJ is cute and YH is also cute.. TY is somehow not acting that well.. but he is still cool !.. and of course the shouting DC.. i love him too.. though he shouts whenever he speaks XD but he is still cute.. they are all wonderful and i love this drama..

I just agree with you.. about the rating.. it's not so high.. but it's still good ! people aren't thinking of this as satisfying yet because other dramas have hit the 30 couple of times within this year.. so maybe that's why ppl are saying the rating is low.. Low or high.. it doesnt matter because i love this drama.. and I just hope that this rating is going to push all actors and actress to do better and better .. and not worry too much about the criticism !

The drama was fine at the beginning,, lacks a lot of emotions and such.. it was kinda hard to accept DC at the very beginning because he looks too old.. you know.. but a bit by bit.. i started to love it all.. he looks cute.. and i really like him a lot now.. so it's a matter of giving a chance to everyone to shine.. and DC really shines in here.. so the same is what we need to do to the rest.. they need more time to get into the character and we need time to get into the whole story and understand each character..

Take Care of My Lady~~~ Hwaiting~ :D

Archived