Kim So Eun 김소은

Guest ilikemangoss

ㅋㅋㅋI'm enjoying this :phew:

Fantagio posted this article in their twitter.

The headline says: 'Night Scholar's KSE, even with whomever (she's) being linked, well-matched devilish 'Chemi-Maiden'

(might try to translate the whole article, we'll see)

And another one from Newsen on the same topic:

'Night Scholar's KSE, strange loveline with three men, strange 'food chain'' :sweatingbullets:

There are a few others articles talking about HR's chemistry with all three male characters. I only managed to go thru 2 articles. Interestingly, these articles did not merely report/narrate what happened in the drama, but included analysis on HR characters etc. I found it intriguing to see many articles analyzing Sso's performance in this drama.

And yesterday (7.30.2015) the search word 'TSWWTN Choi Hye Ryeong' and ''TSWWTN Lee Myeong Hui' topped the rankin at #2 and #3 (behind 'Oh My Ghostess Choi Seong Jae' at #1, my current fav drama)

Oh please translate it, thank you and I suggest you put the translated article on the scholar thread too :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The headline says: 'Night Scholar's KSE, even with whomever (she's) being linked, well-matched devilish 'Chemi-Maiden'

'Night Scholar's KSE, strange loveline with three men, strange 'food chain'' :sweatingbullets:

There are a few others articles talking about HR's chemistry with all three male characters. I only managed to go thru 2 articles. Interestingly, these articles did not merely report/narrate what happened in the drama, but included analysis on HR characters etc. I found it intriguing to see many articles analyzing Sso's performance in this drama.

And yesterday (7.30.2015) the search word 'TSWWTN Choi Hye Ryeong' and ''TSWWTN Lee Myeong Hui' topped the ranking at #2 and #3 (behind 'Oh My Ghostess Choi Seong Jae' at #1)

Oh please translate it, thank you and I suggest you put the translated article on the scholar thread too :)

Sorry :tears: I am having hard time to translate some parts (on Gwi and Hye Ryeong) that I feel like giving up. I might try again some other time. On posting to TSWWTN thread, TBH I am not confidence with my translation (thus keeping it just here). But I have no prob if you want to share them (but with disclaimer to take it with a grain of salt, in case I might misinterpret).

Meanwhile, just sharing the parts I managed to translate from the previous article (http://wowstar.wowtv.co.kr/news/view.asp?newsid=71358)

밤선비' 김소은, 누구와 붙여도 어울리는 마성의 케미규수:

'Night Scholar's KSE, even with whomever (she's) being linked, well-matched devilish 'Chemi-Maiden'

MBC 수목드라마 '밤을 걷는 선비'에서 혜령 역으로 출연 중인 김소은이 누구와 만나도 어울리는 마성의 ‘케미규수’로 시청자들의 시선을 사로잡고 있다.
In MBC Wed-Thu drama 'TSWWTN', KSE is capturing the attention of the viewers through Hye Ryeong’s reversal appearance and well-matched devilish ‘Chemi-Maiden’ with whomever (she) meets.

먼저 극 초반 김소은은 단아한 여인 명희 역을 맡아 성열(이준기)과 사랑스러운 연인의 모습을 보여줬다. 서로 바라만 봐도 행복함이 넘치는 두 사람의 풋풋한 커플 케미는 뒤이어 그려진 비극에 더욱 큰 슬픔을 더하며 시청자들의 눈물샘을 자극했다. 특히 성열을 위해 죽음을 선택한 명희의 애절한 눈물고백은 이준기와의 케미는 물론 김소은의 완벽한 연기력까지 느낄 수 있었던 장면. 

Initially, during the opening of (this) drama, KSE displayed the appearance of a lovely sweetheart with Seong Yeol (LJK) by undertaking the role of elegant woman Myeong Hui. The couple chemistry of two young people, who only wished to see each other’s happiness but ill-fated with tragedy, has added up more sadness, which evoked spring of tears (crying fest) from the viewers. Especially, the chemistry with LJK (during) the sensible(?) scene of Myeong Hui’s touching (and) tearful confession, when she chose to sacrifice herself for the sake of Seong Yeol and of course with KSE’s complete performance.

이어 3회부터 차가운 여인 혜령으로 돌아온 김소은은 명희와는 360도 다른 분위기를 만들어내며 극을 압도 하고 있다. 성열을 귀 앞에 데려가기 위해 악녀로 변신한 혜령이 명희와는 다르게 또 어떤 모습으로 성열과의 이야기를 만들어갈지 시청자들의 궁금증을 자아내고 있는 중이다.

Continuing from third episode, KSE returned as the cold woman Hye Ryeong and overwhelmed (the viewers) with the story of a pretentious beautiful woman, which 360 degree difference of mood with Myeong Hui. (At) the ‘centre’, is the story of Hye Ryeong with Seong Yeol, who disguises as a wicked woman and harms Seong Yeol by bringing him to Gwi, opposite to (what) Myeong Hui (has done), (and) also what kind of character is the doppelganger, which arises anxiety/curiosity of the viewers.

성열에 이어 냉미녀 혜령 역으로 귀(이수혁)와 보여주는 투샷 또한 시청자들에게 ‘귀령 커플’이라 불리며 많은 사랑을 받고 있다

After Seong Yeol, (after) the publish of (official) stills of the cold beautiful woman Hye Ryeong with Gwi (LSH), likewise, known as ‘GwiRyeong couple’, (they) also received plenty of love from the viewers. (there's a bunch of stuff i cannot fathom yet)

김소은의 마성의 케미력은 여기서 끝이 아니다. 지난 '밤을 걷는 선비' 30일 방송에서는 혜령과 윤(심창민)의 새로운 관계가 전개될 것을 예고하는 장면이 전파를 타 시청자들의 눈길을 끌었다. 과거 혜령이 머문 사찰의 중이 윤의 어머니였으며 오랜만에 어머니를 찾아온 윤이 단아한 혜령의 모습을 마주하게 된 것. 지난 이야기에서 그저 서로 스쳐 지나가는 장면만으로 시청자들의 반응을 이끌었던 두 사람의 만남이 본격적으로 그려지며 어떠한 케미로 존재감을 과시할지 기대감을 높이고 있다.
(However) KSE’s ‘devilish(?)’ chemistry-power does not stop here. During the latest broadcast of ‘TSWWTN’ on the 30th, the scene that foretells development of new connection between Hye Ryeong and Yoon (SCM) attracted wave of attention from the viewers. Previously, Hye Ryeong visited Yoon’s mother, who is staying/dwelling (at) the temple’s centre, after a long time and (there) Yoon encountered the graceful Hye Ryeong. With only the scene from the previous episode, where (they) randomly passed by each other, has brought response from the viewers, thus (their) expectation is increasing (to see) what kind of chemistry will be displayed from  the meeting of (these) two people.

TO BE CONTINUED ...

(translation by me)

Hi All. I will not be disappointed again by appearing 2 minute. Would not protest again with the lead actress who appeared 30 minutes. I will call this drama KSE as the "Miracle 2 minutes". I can feel the magic of 2 minutes it now.:wub: 

Hi All. I will not be disappointed again by appearing 2 minute. Would not protest again with the lead actress who appeared 30 minutes. I will call this drama KSE as the "Miracle 2 minutes". I can feel the magic of 2 minutes it now.:wub: 

Hi @kimayaza 

I absolutely understood your previous disappointment and totally understand your feeling right now. 

While I was (and still am) translating a few articles and headlines, I was amazed by the response from the Korean's audience to Sso's performance in the drama. The latest waves of article (around 7 articles) focused only on her 'blackhole chemistry'/'chemi-maiden' with her male counterparts despite a few minutes appearance with each of them. The previous wave was focusing on her powerful screen presence (or what I call 'yuya-yagira effect').

I might be biased (thus only filtering Sso's articles) but there are many articles published for each of her appearance. This may not be the case for international viewers. I believe, we may not be able to fully appreciate her ability in sageuk due to our reliance on subtitles, not the actual conversations. Sso is well-loved for her ability in pronouncing the dialogue 'clearly' (instead of mumbling/'eating up' the words). This is very much important for sageuk to ensure the realness of the acting, thus helps the audiences to understand her character better.

Enough from me for today (been somewhat very active these days, need to back lurkin'). Ciao!

Two minute of Kim So Eun heaven? hahah I am still glad to read such rave reviews about her and her portrayal of her dual characters! It seems the viewers wants more of her! At this rate, I don't even care anymore as long as the writers makes up for it by not disappointing us with the outcome. lol 

Hi @kimayaza 

I absolutely understood your previous disappointment and totally understand your feeling right now. 

While I was (and still am) translating a few articles and headlines, I was amazed by the response from the Korean's audience to Sso's performance in the drama. The latest waves of article (around 7 articles) focused only on her 'blackhole chemistry'/'chemi-maiden' with her male counterparts despite a few minutes appearance with each of them. The previous wave was focusing on her powerful screen presence (or what I call 'yuya-yagira effect').

I might be biased (thus only filtering Sso's articles) but there are many articles published for each of her appearance. This may not be the case for international viewers. I believe, we may not be able to fully appreciate her ability in sageuk due to our reliance on subtitles, not the actual conversations. Sso is well-loved for her ability in pronouncing the dialogue 'clearly' (instead of mumbling/'eating up' the words). This is very much important for sageuk to ensure the realness of the acting, thus helps the audiences to understand her character better.

Enough from me for today (been somewhat very active these days, need to back lurkin'). Ciao!

Ah, very interesting!!! That's awesome!!! Shows how dedicated she is... I hope she stars in another historical drama but as the leading actress who doesn't fall too into the damsel in distress ordeal. I would love tons ee her opposite actors like Lee Jun Ki, too. Can you imagine if she plays opposite mainstream actors (not idols, but actors) like Song Joong Ki? Or even better, reunite with Yoo Seung Ho! YES PLEASE! lol

P.S. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TRANSLATING THE ARTICLES! You rock!!! :)

And yesterday (7.30.2015) the search word 'TSWWTN Choi Hye Ryeong' and ''TSWWTN Lee Myeong Hui' topped the rankin at #2 and #3 (behind 'Oh My Ghostess Choi Seong Jae' at #1)

Thank you so much for translating the article :) I agree just watching the drama to see her performance

can you please translate the comment about KSE? I want to understand what the knetz talks about her acting

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/472887

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/472894

And yesterday (7.30.2015) the search word 'TSWWTN Choi Hye Ryeong' and ''TSWWTN Lee Myeong Hui' topped the rankin at #2 and #3 (behind 'Oh My Ghostess Choi Seong Jae' at #1)

Thank you so much for translating the article :) I agree just watching the drama to see her performance

can you please translate the comment about KSE? I want to understand what the knetz talks about her acting

Hi there! 

Here you go. Apologies for misinterpretation.

(disclaimer: i see that my translations have been shared around this forum & twitter. Totally no issue, except that I am not that confident with my own translation. Do correct me if you find any mistakes. I am basically learning Korean thru this activity and got addicted:) )

TRANSLATION FOR KSE'S CUTS OF TSWWTN#8

VIDEO 1

(+678,-10) 이 둘 계속 기대하게 되는 건 뭐지ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
(+678,-10) These two together (we) have been waiting (for the kiss) what is this ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

(+617,-32) 김소은은누구와도캐미가장난아니네목소리도예쁘고사극에딱이네요^^진짜연기잘하고...*^^*
(+617,-32) KSE's chemistry with whomever is no joke, your voice too is beautiful and accurately (projected) for sageuk. Really fine acting...*^^*

(+593,-14) 냄새맡으려고한게아니라 키스하려고한거였어??? 이와중에이쁜혜령이
(+593,-14) Is there going to be a kiss, not (just) smelling (of Hye Ryeong)???  The beautiful Hye Ryeong (is going) to this whirlpool(?)

(+414,-13) 귀령 진짜 케미가 ... ♡
(+414,-13) The chemistry of Gwi-Ryeong is really ... ♡

(+389,-9) 이수혁 진짜 섹시터짐..
(+389,-9) LSH really sexy-explosive

(+320,-20) 김소은 진짜 이쁘다bb
(+320,-20) KSE is really beautiful bb

(+297,-17) 김소은 캐미여신~~~누구와 있어도 캐미가 ㄷㄷㄷ...
(+297,-17) KSE chemi-goddess~~~ even with whomever the chemistry ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ...

(+265,-10) 김소은의 눈썹언기!!
(+265,-10) KSE's eyebrow acting!!

(+224,-17) 이쁘디 김소은
(+224,-17) KSE beautiful

VIDEO 2

(the comment with highest upvote is on SCM)

(+976,-18) 점점더혜령의정체가궁금하다어떤키를가지고있는지...
(+976,-18) (I am) getting more and more anxious about Hye Ryeong's identity, what kind of key will she have...

(+936,-118) 김소은 왜이리 이뻐 ㅠ
(+936,-118) KSE why on earth beautiful ㅠ

(+797,-100) 김소은하고 심창민 분량좀 늘려주세요 제발ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 양선이하고 양선이아빠 민폐좀 그만 끼치라 하고ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
(+797,-100) Please increase the amount (of screen time) of SCM with KSE pleaseㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Enough of the nuisance of Yangseoni with (her) appaㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 
[t/n: I dont really watch the drama so I am not sure on YS & her appa. and I may not agree with K-netz comments on other characters in the drama]

(+651,-69) 케미여신!!!! 드디어윤혜령말을하구나이때를기다렸다ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 잘어울림케미짱
(+651,-69) Chemi-goddess!!!! Finally the moment of Yoon-Hye Ryeong's conversation that I have been waiting (for) ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Really well-matched chemistry jjang

(+614,-26) 이뿐둘인데 세드앤딩일것만같은 늑힘적인늑힘
Two beautiful people but it is going to be sad ending [t/n: cannot find the meaning of 늑힘적인늑힘]

(+542,-31) 저렇게나 밝다니..
(+542,-31) 

(+492,-57) 김소은 좋아ㅠㅠ분량 더 많았으면 좋겠다
(+492,-57) KSE is goodㅠㅠ but it would be better if (she gets) more amount (of screen time)

(+455,-52) 오늘은 청초하게...김소은 짱
Today (she's) nice...KSE jjang

(+394,-36) 잠깐 나왔지만 둘 케미가 ㄷㄷ.. ㅡ!!!!
(+394,-36) although (only short) appearance, these two's chemistry ㄷㄷ.. ㅡ!!!!

(+213,-21) 김소은은 이준기 이수혁 심창민  누구랑 있어도 케미좋다
(+213,-21) KSE's chemistry, even with whomever it is, is really good

Hi there! 

Here you go. Apologies for misinterpretation.

VIDEO 1

(+678,-10) 이 둘 계속 기대하게 되는 건 뭐지ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
(+678,-10) These two together (we) have been waiting (for the kiss) what is this ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

(+617,-32) 김소은은누구와도캐미가장난아니네목소리도예쁘고사극에딱이네요^^진짜연기잘하고...*^^*
(+617,-32) KSE's chemistry with whomever is no joke, your voice too is beautiful and accurately (projected) for sageuk. Really fine acting...*^^*

(+593,-14) 냄새맡으려고한게아니라 키스하려고한거였어??? 이와중에이쁜혜령이
(+593,-14) Is there going to be a kiss, not (just) smelling (of Hye Ryeong)???  The beautiful Hye Ryeong (is going) to this whirlpool(?)

(+414,-13) 귀령 진짜 케미가 ... ♡
(+414,-13) The chemistry of Gwi-Ryeong is really ... ♡

(+389,-9) 이수혁 진짜 섹시터짐..
(+389,-9) LSH really sexy-explosive

(+320,-20) 김소은 진짜 이쁘다bb
(+320,-20) KSE is really beautiful bb

(+297,-17) 김소은 캐미여신~~~누구와 있어도 캐미가 ㄷㄷㄷ...
(+297,-17) KSE chemi-goddess~~~ even with whomever the chemistry ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ...

(+265,-10) 김소은의 눈썹언기!!
(+265,-10) KSE's eyebrow acting!!

(+224,-17) 이쁘디 김소은
(+224,-17) KSE beautiful

VIDEO 2

(the comment with highest upvote is on SCM)

(+976,-18) 점점더혜령의정체가궁금하다어떤키를가지고있는지...
(+976,-18) (I am) getting more and more anxious about Hye Ryeong's identity, what kind of key will she have...

(+936,-118) 김소은 왜이리 이뻐 ㅠ
(+936,-118) KSE why on earth beautiful ㅠ

(+797,-100) 김소은하고 심창민 분량좀 늘려주세요 제발ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 양선이하고 양선이아빠 민폐좀 그만 끼치라 하고ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
(+797,-100) Please increase the amount (of screen time) of SCM with KSE pleaseㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Enough of the nuisance of Yangseoni with (her) appaㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 
[t/n: I dont really watch the drama so I am not sure on YS & her appa]

(+651,-69) 케미여신!!!! 드디어윤혜령말을하구나이때를기다렸다ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 잘어울림케미짱
(+651,-69) Chemi-goddess!!!! Finally the moment of Yoon-Hye Ryeong's conversation that I have been waiting (for) ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Really well-matched chemistry jjang

(+614,-26) 이뿐둘인데 세드앤딩일것만같은 늑힘적인늑힘
Two beautiful people but it is going to be sad ending [t/n: cannot find the meaning of 늑힘적인늑힘]

(+542,-31) 저렇게나 밝다니..
(+542,-31) 

(+492,-57) 김소은 좋아ㅠㅠ분량 더 많았으면 좋겠다
(+492,-57) KSE is goodㅠㅠ but it would be better if (she gets) more amount (of screen time)

(+455,-52) 오늘은 청초하게...김소은 짱
Today (she's) nice...KSE jjang

(+394,-36) 잠깐 나왔지만 둘 케미가 ㄷㄷ.. ㅡ!!!!
(+394,-36) although (only short) appearance, these two's chemistry ㄷㄷ.. ㅡ!!!!

(+213,-21) 김소은은 이준기 이수혁 심창민  누구랑 있어도 케미좋다
(+213,-21) KSE's chemistry, even with whomever it is, is really good

wow thanks, oh and the 'YS and her appa' is Lee Yubi with her father scene. 

Thanks for the translation :)

Hey everybody!

Hope you won't get bored with my (poor) translations. I am actually enjoying it as I learn more about the language and uri Sso.

TRANSLATION FOR KSE'S CUTS OF TSWWTN#7

(disclaimer: i see that my translations have been shared around this forum & twitter. Totally no issue, except that I am not that confident with my own translation. Do correct me if you find any mistakes.

CUT 1

(+616,-21) 저 미소면 안넘어갈 남자 없을 듯ㅋㅋ
(+616,-21) There's hardly any man who will not fall for that smiling face (of KSE)ㅋㅋ

(+536,-15) 김소은 진짜 이쁘다..
(+536,-15) KSE is very beautiful..

(+444,-12) 한복 진짜 잘어울린다..ㄷㄷ
(+444,-12) She looks really good in hanbok..ㄷㄷ(lit.: fits really well)

(+380,-44) 헐~~바로 귀한테데려가지말고 이준기꼬셨으면~~!!ㅎㅎ 그러다가!!둘이진짜사랑하게되는거지!!!!
(+380,-44) Heol~~instead of being taken by Gwi, (she) manipulated LJK ~!!ㅎㅎ (...)!! These two really have fallen in love, right!!!!

(+336,-11) 이쁘다말하기도 지친다.. 존예

(+271,-49)은애 커플 응원합니다!
(+271,-49) I support Eunae-couple! [t/n: 은애 (eunae- tender loving) is the couple name for MH/HR & SY]

(+126,-10) 진짜 오늘 회는 다시만난은애커플.이준기눈빛과 꿀성대.혜령이 미소미소미쏘!!!!!! 이걸로 할말다함...둘다 분위기쩌는배우들.... 연기너무잘해ㅠㅠ 김소은 너무이쁘다 미소짓는거보고 내가다 설레ㅠㅜㅠㅠ 이준기는 오늘도 역시ㅠㅜㅜ♡♡
(+126,-10) Today's ending is really (about) the reunion of Eunae couple. LJK (with) his eye-expression and sweet (lit. honey) voice (lit. vocal chord). Hye Ryeong is Smiley-Smiley-Sso*!!!!!! Upon (seeing) this (scene), (people) are silenced (lit. stop what they want to say)...these two are actors (who) (...) the atmosphere....really good actingㅠㅠKSE is really beautiful (and when) I see her healing smile, I am flutteringㅠㅜㅠㅠtoday LJK is as expectedㅠㅜㅜ♡♡ [t/n: *the commenter is making a pun of 미소 (miso- smile) and 미쏘 (misso- changing the 2nd syllable with Sso)]

CUT 2

Most of the highest up-voted comments in this cut are talking about the chemistry between HR and Gwi (Gwi-Ryeong couple)

Just translating a few interesting comments, despite the low upvotes

(+86,-2) 역시 완쏘^.~눈이호강하는구나~~
(+86,-2) As expected Sso ^.~ Her eyes are luxurious (lit. living in luxury)~~ [t/n: I interpreted the luxury as in 'rich/full of expression']

(+36,-1) 김소은 사극발성 힘있고 좋으네
(+36,-1) KSE has powerful sageuk-vocalization, it's good [t/n: IMO, sageuk requires specific technique to project your voice and intonation]

CUT 3

(+360,-19) 드디어 혜령 분량이 늘고있습니다다다ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
(+360,-19) Finally the amount of Hye Ryeong (screen time) is increasingggg ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

(+272,-11) 곱다 고와ㅜㅜ 눈 정화 확실히 하게 됨ㅎㅎ
(+272,-11) Pretty (and) delicateㅜㅜ(we) got authentic eye-romance ㅎㅎ

(+250,-8) 이준기도 좋고 김소은도 좋도 둘다좋다 연기도 굿
(+250,-8) LJK as well as KSE is good, both are good, as well as (their) acting is 'gut' [t/n: the spelling for 'good' in hangeul]

(+238,-14) 김소은  진짜 쩐다  쩔어 연기력도 미모도 ㅎㄷㄷ다시 봤네    진짜 대박
(+238,-14) KSE is really ggood (...) her acting capability as well as her beautiful face ㅎㄷㄷwatching (her) again, really daebak

(+91,-3) 김소은   눈빛연기 굳
(+91,-3) KSE eye-acting 'good'

TRANSLATION FOR KSE'S CUTS IN TSWWTN#6

CUT 1

(+840,-49) 혜령이 분량 많이 좀 부탁드려요ㅠㅠ혜령이도 불행한 삶을 살고있군요근데 왜 이리 이쁜거죠?♥
(+840,-49) Please increase the amount of Hye Ryeong (screen time), I beg you ㅠㅠ even HR is living an unfortunate life but why is it beautiful (even) like this?♥

(+732,-67) 혜령이 너무 안됐어요 ㅠㅠ분량좀 늘려 주세요~아직도 혜령♡성열 잊지 못하는 1인
(+732,-67) HR is really not (yet) finishedㅠㅠ please increase the amount (of screen time)~ (I am) a person who still cannot forget Hye Ryeong♡Seong Yeol

(+569,-28) 눈빛 목소리부터 시크 도도 그자체구나 혜령.. 오늘도 분량은 시망ㅠㅠㅠ
(+569,-28) from her eyes (and) voice (...) that one person is indeed HR... today as well the amount (of screen time) is cruelㅠㅠㅠ

(+167,-31) 억지스런 남장여자 연기보면 짜증나다가 단아한 혜령을 보면 눈이 시원해짐
(+167,-31) Looking at the stubborn woman, disguising as a man, (it's) annoying (but) looking at the elegant HR, it's pleasant to watch (lit. eyes become cooler)

[t/n: putting this under spoiler to avoid any reason for fan war:sweatingbullets::vicx:]

(+115,-3) 완전포스있다 짧지만 임펙트갑 케릭
(+115,-3) (HR) Completely powerful (lit. have force) a character (with) short (screen time) but impact 'first-class'

[t/n: there are so many comments on her ridiculously small amount of screen time, I am getting lazy to translate each]

Notes:
1) there are many comments on how beautiful Sso is. Since it's getting repetitive, I might skip it unless it has additional info/comments.
2) I may skip comments on other characters unless it is being connected with HR/MH or Sso.

That's all from me for now.

edit: erk.. just a quickie. The comments from this CUT from TSWWTN#4 had higher upvotes. Basically they commented on KSE's performance, MH-SY chemistry, HR-Gwi chemistry, how beautiful KSE in hanbok.

Kim So Eun Twitter, Weibo, IG update

Hi Lovelies!

sorry need to quote pic in my attempt to translate Sso's caption

@kimso_: 귀할배 밑에서 읍소하는 아부지랑 나 #꽁양꽁양#대사맞추는중#사이좋은부녀# http://t.co/i1JIy57KNs

Me, who bows to Gwi-grandpa (LOL!) with my Dad #kkongyangkkongyang#inprocessoffixingthedialogue#fatheranddaughterwithgoodrelationship

Edit3: additional hashtag from IG # It's Monday's hint/clue

Edit2: Better translation from Twitter

@NikTee0309: Father and I are bowing and pleading with GrandpaGwi. #tryingtomendthediscourse  #Insyncfatherdaughter      

Edit: DC chingus are raving about her hashtags saying how good her sense is...

I am trying to make sense of my translation. I think the 'father & daughter' tag is supposed ro be irony since it's the opposite in the drama. Not sure about the other tags. 

Hi Lovelies :wub:

Great updates from Sso & all of you.

There are a few new articles came out today (8/5/2015). I attempted translating one, but please bare with my poor translation & interpretation. But the general understanding of the article should not be affected, I hope so.

This article is her interview with Newsen on her dual role in 'Night Scholar' and I found it good for us to know how she feels towards her decision to act in this drama, despite the small screen time and non-lead character.

(disclaimer: I have no issue for my translations to be shared around this forum & other platforms , except that I am not that confident with my own translation. Do correct me if you find any mistakes)

SOURCE

김소은 "첫 냉소적 캐릭터 도전, 고민 많았다"
KSE “First challenge (acting as) cynical character, increased (level of) stress”

배우 김소은이 처음으로 냉소적 캐릭터에 도전한 소감을 밝혔다.
Actor KSE revealed her thoughts on being challenged for the first time with a cynical character.

김소은은 최근 MBC 수목드라마 '밤을 걷는 선비'(이하 '밤선비')에서 초반에는 120 수호귀 김성열(이준기 ) 정인 명희 , 현재 비정한 아버지 영의정 최철중에 의해 흡혈귀 귀에게 바쳐져 야망을 품게 양반집 냉규수 최혜령 역으로 강렬한 연기를 펼치고 있다.
KSE is unveiling intensifying performance in MBC’s recent Wed-Thu drama ‘TSWWTN’ (hereafter ‘Night Scholar’), as Myeong Hui, (noble/royal(?) guard) Kim Seong Yeol (LJK)’s sweetheart during the opening 120 years earlier, and in present as the cold maiden/woman Hye Ryeong, who was sacrificed to the vampire Gwi for the sake of the personal ambition of (her) heartless father, Prime/Chief Minister Choi Cheol Jung,  to be part of the House of Aristocrat.

김소은은 85 MBC 통해 '밤을 걷는 선비' 자신의 캐릭터에 대한 생각을 밝혔다.
KSE revealed her thoughts of her own character in the currently showing ‘TSWWTN’.

Q. 밤선비 김성열(이준기 ) 과거 정인 명희와 현재는 야망 가득한 양반집 냉규수 최혜령 역을 맡았는데 극명한 분위기로 1 2역의 진가를 발휘했다.
Q. (Can) you reveal the truth (behind your) ‘1 person 2 roles (dual role)’ character in ‘Night Scholar’, as Kim Seong Yeol (LJK) past lover Myeong Hui and completely impersonation in the present as the cold maiden of the House of Aristocrat Hye Ryeong, with detailed atmosphere(?).

A. 1 2역이라는 역할이 많이 생소했지만 명희와 혜령이 각각 다른 캐릭터이기 때문에 나올 있었던 같아요. 좋게 봐주셔서 정말 감사합니다.
A. About the ‘1 person 2 roles (dual role)’, (although) the characters are very unfamiliar/different, since Myeong Hui and Hye Ryeong are separately different characters, it seems (that) I was able to display (them) well. Thank you for watching (me/the drama) well.

Q.
비정한 아버지 영의정 최철중으로 인해 귀에게 바쳐진 그의 수하로 움직이고 있다. 냉미녀 혜령 캐릭터로 서늘미와 조소, 냉랭한 분위기까지 냉미녀 향취를 제대로 뿜어내고 있다. 비주얼적인 면이나 연기에 공들인 부분이 있다면?
After being sacrificed to Gwi by (your) heartless father, Prime/Chief Minister Choi Cheol Jung, (you) are serving as his (Gwi’s) follower/underling. As the character of Hye Ryeong, the cold beautiful woman, (you) are emitting smoothly the scent of cold-beauty with shivering/cold beauty and sneer (cynical smile) until the mood becomes chilly. Visual-wise, is (lit. if) there any part (that require) elaborate expression and performance?

A.
항상 밝은 역할을 하다가 처음으로 냉소적인 캐릭터에 도전하게 같아요. 처음엔 어떻게 연기를 해야 하나 고민도 많이 하고 어려운 부분도 있었는데 지금은 혜령 역할에 점차 빠져들게 되어 자연스럽게 나오게 되는 같습니다.
It seems (that) I always plays (lit. do) bright character and for the first time I challenged (myself) to a cynical character. At first, I worried a lot especially on how (well) was I performing and I also had difficult parts (to be acted), but now I think I am gradually sinking into (absorbing) and naturally showing Hye Ryeong’s character.

Q.
이수혁과 연기하는 장면에서 케미스트리가 돋을 아니라 묘하게 섹시한 분위기를 풍겨내 '귀령커플'이란 애칭으로 불리며 팬들의 많은 지지를 받고 있다. 극에서 사람을 이어달라는 요청들도 상당수 있는데, 알고 있었는지? 귀령커플 포함해 '밤선비' '베스트 커플' 누구라고 생각하는지?
Q. (Since) the scenes that you acted with Gwi (LSH), which not only forming (good) chemistry, (but also) giving out strange/odd, sexy atmosphere/mood all the time, being called with the nickname ‘Gwi-Ryeong couple’, (the couple) is receiving a lot of support from the fans. There are considerable amount of requests (for) you two to continue in the drama, did you know (about that)? Gwi-Ryeong couple, who is included as (one of) ‘Night Scholar’s ‘best couple’, do you think (so)?

A.
몰랐어요. 모든 커플들이 다양한 매력이 있고 인기가 많지만 저에게는 초반에 공을 많이 들이고 캐릭터 공부를 많이 했었던 명희-성열 '은애커플' 가장 인상이 깊어요.
A. I really do not know. All couples have different/diverse charm and the popularity increases, but for me, (since) I have put a lot of energy/effort and really studied the character at the beginning, Myeong Hui-Seong Yeol ‘Eunae couple’ (left) the deepest impression.

Q.
함께 연기하는 이수혁이 흡혈귀 '' 변신해 본인의 향취를 맡을 어떤 기분이었는지, 진짜 무섭지는 않았는지 궁금하다. 옆에서 이수혁의 흡혈귀 연기 어떤지?(촬영 에피소드 연관시켜주셔도 됩니다)
Q. When LSH, who acts together (with you) and transforms into vampire ‘Gwi’, sniffs (your) scent, how did you feel personally (lit. what kind of feeling was it), (we) are anxious (to know) whether it is frightening or not. What kind of acting/performance as a vampire by the model LSH? (The opening episode (where) they were being implicated)

A.
분장이라는 것을 알기 때문에 무섭지는 않아요. 촬영할 때에는 귀가 굉장히 카리스마가 있는데 번은 불을 사용하는 신이 있었는데 불길이 너무 귀가 도망갔던 적이 있어요. 그때 많이 재미있었고 많이 웃었던 같아요. 반전 매력이 있는 배우에요.
About the costume/make-up, in order to know/understand things(?) I do not feel scared. During the filming/shooting, he was very charismatic but one time there was a scene using fire, the flame was so strong (that) Gwi fled away. Then, I think we had a lot of fun and laughter. He is an actor with a reversal charm.

Q. '
밤을 걷는 선비' 사랑해주시는 시청자 여러분께 마디.
Any words for the viewers who have given their love to ‘Night Scholar’?

A.
다들 열심히 고생하며 촬영하고 있습니다. 더욱 좋은 연기와 좋은 이야기 보여드리겠습니다. 앞으로도 많은 사랑 부탁 드리고 예쁘게 봐주셨으면 좋겠습니다. 감사합니다.
Everybody is working hard to shoot in a difficult situation. We would like to show you better performance and story. Even in the future, we hope for more love and to show more beautiful (story). Thank you.

Hi.. First time posting here... She is so beautiful....!

Kim So Eun Is a Breathtaking Beauty for Grazia

Kim So Eun Is a Breathtaking Beauty for Grazia

Kim So Eun, who is currently acting in the historical drama “Scholar Who Walks the Night” did away with the traditional clothing and transformed into a modern, elegant beauty for Grazia magazine.

kim so eun 1

On August 6, Grazia released the fall makeup pictorial of the beautiful actress. They released four photos of different makeup styles with the help of Siero Cosmetics. The looks were inspired by different regions of Italy including Rome, Venice, and Sardinia.

kim so eun 3

In the pictures, she is as breathtaking as ever, looking sexy and elegant at the same time.

Meanwhile, Kim So Eun is currently starring in “Scholar Who Walks the Night” as the past lover of the main character, Sung Yeol (played by Lee Jun Ki).

kim so eun 4

Which look is your favorite?

Source

Archived