[[can I Make It Based On Looks?]]

Guest hamuja

@Celestra Thanks! Yeah I get that a lot sometimes, My skin tone in that lighting doesn't do much justice lol. But I'm not latino lol. If I find a more recent picture of myself it should do more justice, I've been approached as usually thai or malaysian, my eyes have been opened wide for this too. lol. But really interesting post if I do say so myself!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest serendipity1430292255

I'm no stunner but I'd like to know some feedback. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Serendipity: You have really white skin .__. How lucky (:

Ps. I'm curious about this one fact, on the SM Entertainment website, they said that your photos can't be photoshopped, but how can they tell if it's photoshopped? I mean, of course if it's really obvious that it's photoshopped then anyone can tell, but what if you just have a really good photo/face? 

_RaiN_

Guest EverydayImKpopping

@_RaiN_ 
I think that by "no photoshop", they mean no filtering and glittery/sparkly things. Because there are plenty of mobile apps that "filter" photos to adjust the contrast/color etc and make your photo look better.

Guest raraawr

Height: 168 cm
Nationality: Indonesian.......
Ethnicity: Indonesian (Javanese if you really want to know -_-).................
Agency (I want to try get in?): Starship.

Without fancy effects 1 2

With effects 1 2 (i'm on the right) 3

Just curious about your opinions! Teehee thanks everyone

Guest EverydayImKpopping

@raraawr

The second picture looks a lot like Yoona, and you're tall. :D

And of course, when you send your pic to Starship, you should add in one of full headshot, body shot and side shots. :) why Starship?

Guest raraawr

@EverydayImKpopping

Ah what a compliment, thank you! Yes yes will do. Because.. I feel that maybe I could fit there. I'm also considering LOEN :)

Heya all :)
Height: 175cm (yeah ... that could be quite bad if they want all the members of a group to look like they're the same height haha)
Nationality: French
Ethnicity: Chinese
Agency: dunno, give me some ideas ? :P
Well, it's just for fun since i guess 18 is too old to audition, and i won't be getting near korea for the next few years so :'( so i guess that's it for me.
Anyway, here are the pics: (please don't mind my hairdo and my tired look lol, it's like 6am here and i didn't get any sleep yet)
1g0yx.png
and a pic from the side  205hd.png (creeeeepy smile omg. tomorrow when i'll see those pics after waking up i'll be like "omg why the hell did i even post that" xDDD)

Thaankies :)

class="H" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(30, 30, 31); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"i'm sorry my webcam can only take blurry photos ... i was only curious so i just used what i had around at the moment :/
Thanks for the answer tho :P

btw: how do we tag someone on this forum ?

Guest BoiceMelodyInspiritBeauty

ethnicity: Filipino (1/8 Spanish)

Agency: SM, JYP, DSP, Woolim or any as long as it's a good company. :) I didn't' t included YG cuz I know I'm not good enough for it. :))

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/3lz4w43ee/media/229895_208056195882613_4905684_n_zps5ed1aaf0.jpg.html

1st from the left [without headband]

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/3lz4w43ee/media/SAM_2074_zpsb0dce19b.jpg.html

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/3lz4w43ee/media/h_zps6e6b3369.jpg.html

th_SAM_2978_zps9f75e7ca.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jellyleaf

@BoiceMelodyInspiritBeautyTo be honest you are cute but it's not want Korean companies would really go for. Well maybe, who knows? I'm sorry I'm not trying to be mean. 
@oosonyaooYou are cute but not SM's style. But who knows? I'm sorry I'm not trying to be mean.

I got someone who is connected to Korean companies, mostly SM. 

Guest Puiey

Since this thread is based on looks, and there's that company who focuses a lot on looks, I'll compared ya with people from SM :P
@BoiceMelodyInspiritBeauty
Your looks are kind of ehh, prominent. You're not going to match with the image SM usually goes for.
@oosonyaoo

You're on the old side, and not a beauty either. Probably won't get into SM unless you're skilled/talented.
To everyone: Go google "Korean beauty standards". Most of you on here are pretty, but do remember that most companies only take people who fit into those standards. If you don't look Korean/Chinese, you're out of luck if you're trying to enter a company based on looks.

Guest Celestra

@Puiey
I was wondering if it would be ok with you if I messaged you some photos? I've noticed your past posts and I really like how you're totally honest with your opinion. Right now I'm trying to get an idea whether I would have a shot at all if I auditioned for modeling next week at the SM Globals. I'd just rather not have my photos on here publicly, so yeah haha.

Guest nighmare_carousel

I'll probably delete this later, haha, but....I'm curious...

photo-1.jpg

Please keep in mind that I literally got out of bed and took this - I couldn't sleep so I started fooling around with my webcam (which is clearly crap quality) and Instagram (which, for some reason made everything incredibly dark - my skin's lighter, I have no idea where the eye-shadow-ish color around my eyes came from haha, and I look like I'm wearing lipstick but I wasn't - Instagram darkened that, too).

I actually lived in Korea for a little bit: friends, friends of friends and teachers used to offer me compliments, and they tended to like my eyes, forehead, and bridge of my nose. There were some that wanted to take me to MBC for a show with foreigners but I wasn't fluent enough in the language then. Knowing Korea is a very homogenous country, I was surprised that even complete strangers came up to me about my looks - including little old Ahjumma's in the bathrooms at reststops on my way to Busan :P I don't know if they only thought I was pretty because I looked 'unique' among everyone, or something else....

Anyways, I don't know that any of that would mean that if I were to try, an entertainment or modelling agency within Korea would accept me....opinions? ^^;;

Guest filmgirl0928

@nightmare_carousel 
I agree with @puiey judging from your picture that I saw earlier you would never be someone marketing torwards koreans in kpop. For example I can't imagine you in an innisfree ad.

Guest filmgirl0928

@timeforcupcakes
Since your are half korean you probably do look korean just not in the picture.. dye your hair black and as long as your korean it'll work.
actually dark brown..

Archived