The Best Beginner-Friendly K-Dramas On Netflix

Beginner at K-Dramas? Don’t have a subscription to specific K-Drama streaming services? You’re covered!

Welcome to K-Dramas! Or, if you’re a K-Drama veteran, welcome back! When diving into this wonderful new world of media, it’s often hard to know where to start. Not to mention, you don’t even have Viki, KOCOWA, or any other K-Drama-specific streaming services. But! You have Netflix! With so many amazing titles on this huge platform, it’s difficult to pick just one to watch. So, here are 11 titles found on Netflix that are foolproof for beginners and still entertaining for veterans.

(Warning: Netflix shows are subject to change all the time, so if you’re reading this a year from now, some titles may not be on the platform anymore.)

4. Arthdal Chronicles

This drama is quite a bit more violent than the rest. Set in the fictional ancient land of Arth, Eun Seom (Song Joong Ki) was born with a fate to bring disaster to the world. Ta Gon (Jang Dong Gun) is a war hero and has paved the way for Arthdal to become a prosperous city nation. Tan Ya (Kim Ji Won) was born with the same fate as Eun Seom and is the next great mother of the Wahan Tribe. Tae Alha (Kim Ok Bin) is the daughter of the head of the Hae tribe and has great ambitions.

Described by some as the “Korean Game of Thrones“, it may sound like a lot to follow, but the show is filmed so well it makes it extremely easy. Many people who have never watched K-Dramas have gotten curious, gave this a try, and loved it! Its gorgeous sets, intense fights, and mysterious deities will keep you hooked.

Arthdal-Chronicles-Poster-Best-Korean-dr

(skopped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/best-beginner-friendly-k-dramas-netflix/

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

August 22, 2017 Jang Dong-gun is ready to go again : After falling into a slump, the ‘V.I.P.’ star has finally hit his stride Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily After finding

His Wife's (GoSo Young) posting this on her IG's feed. It seems their celebrate Jang Dong Gun bday    Happy Birthday Jang Dong Gun ssi!!  

Hi @irilight, how have you been? Hope that you have been well, we really missed you a lot at the threads. It's really good to see you back at soompi. V.I.P did indeed top the Korean B.O. upon its

15 Uncommon Korean Movie Recommendations

Evidently, Korea has a lot of depressing and wild films.

Many Korean movie recommendations have been said over the years, especially after Parasite won Best Picture. But what if you’ve already seen Parasite? What if you’ve already seen Train to Busan? Along with the Gods? My Sassy Girl? You’re done with “classics”. You want something else.

Well, you’ve come to the right place. These are great movies that are probably classics to someone, but the average/casual viewer may not have heard of them. Below are the 15 movies that are still quite popular and well-done but hardly ever recommended by other websites,

1. Rampant

GeiIXUqPJv56yBs-Qm74vGpm8H5CqiJiaw8uIVQMnEsX3ObEgIaqErPHTaSw1EeIqrpZa5tq4hmEmzSCKmSWMJBtu2geGMnz4exS7A1VQ40mgO8=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | IMDb

Lee Chung (Hyun Bin) is the Prince of Joseon but has been taken hostage by the Qing Dynasty. He enjoys drinking, gambling, and being with women. His older brother Lee Young (Kim Joo Hyuk) is going to succeed the throne and bring Lee Chung to Joseon to experience it. Soon, Lee Chung faces monsters that run rampant in the night.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/15-uncommon-korean-movie-recommendations/

• 4 weeks later...

**** "Suits" was on Netflix over the last few months - I actually watched this drama while it was airing but did not complete the run since I lacked time. But, I also bought a DVD copy for my collection & can watch the drama anytime I want to. I had picked it up again for 2x and really, the best part was the bromance between the hotshot lawyer who is JDG and his genius protege.  :issohappy:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 9:13 AM, nitnot said:

I miss his acting. What does he do right now? When will he comeback to the screen? :anguished: 

@nitnot, like you, I miss it, too! I also wonder what is he doing at the moment. I guess busy attending to his family. I hope  we could get to see him on the screen soon.  :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

His Wife's (GoSo Young) posting this on her IG's feed. It seems their celebrate Jang Dong Gun bday :blush:

spacer.png

Happy Birthday Jang Dong Gun ssi!! :hooray2: 

• Love 2
  • 1 month later...

8 K-Drama Remakes Of Your Favorite International TV Series

You have probably watched the OG series!

Korean dramas are arguably one of the most popular genres for television shows. But did you know that some of your favorite titles are actually spin-offs of foreign series? Yup, you read that right!

We rounded up eight popular K-dramas that are remakes from international titles:

6. Suits (2018)

Who’s in it: Jang Dong Gun, Park Hyung Sik

Where you can watch it: Netflix and Viu

Another K-drama that is based on an American title is Suits. The series premiered in 2018 and spanned 16 seasons. Similar to Criminal Minds, the South Korean variation only lasted for a season, while its American counterpart has nine seasons and was broadcasted for eight years!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/must-watch-k-drama-remakes-a4825-20210416