Quantcast

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

August 22, 2017 Jang Dong-gun is ready to go again : After falling into a slump, the ‘V.I.P.’ star has finally hit his stride Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily After finding

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing the NICE photos. He looks so fine here.  >- ____________________________________________________ Korean actors and their Hollywood Counterparts Sometimes whe

Hi @irilight, how have you been? Hope that you have been well, we really missed you a lot at the threads. It's really good to see you back at soompi. V.I.P did indeed top the Korean B.O. upon its

Guest jisung_15

potato11 said: class="H" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(30, 30, 31); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Happy Lunar New year everyone ..!!!I haven't heard from ruffluv for a long time, are you still ok?
Thank willnette for keeping posted this thread

@rubie, thank you for updates.. esp. loved the one about Tae Guk Gi being commemorated in stamps. This movie was beyond amazing. I can still cry just thinking of it.

Also loving that Jang Dong Gun has decided to resume studying.. Awesome, and good luck to him.  =D>

Interesting posts about actors salaries as well..

@willenette, thank you for all the updates.

@potato11, love the airport photos... And Indeed - Happy Lunar New Year...!

Jang Dong-gun, his dignified afternoon in Apgujeong

photo573105.jpg

Top star Jang Dong-gun's daily life was captured by Star Today.

Jang Dong-gun showed up in a multi-shop in Apgujeong, Gangnam, Seoul in the afternoon on March 10th. People around him started whispering with each other. As he showed up dressed in comfortable look wearing a simple jacket and a pair of sunglasses, it reminded us of a scene from a pictorial.

It was known Jang Dong-gun had been accepted to Culture and Art Management at Seoul Cyber University. He will start enjoying his school life as a freshman this spring.

Although Jang Dong-gun was admitted to Acting School of Korea National University of Arts in 1994, he withdrew himself at the time. He was always interested in management and production of culture and art and goes to back to school in 21 years.

Jang Dong-gun is reviewing for his next project since his movie, "No Tears for the Dead" last year.

photo573094.jpg

Source: Hancinema

@willenette, thank you for all the updates.

Jang Dong-gun, his dignified afternoon in Apgujeong

Top star Jang Dong-gun's daily life was captured by Star Today.

Jang Dong-gun showed up in a multi-shop in Apgujeong, Gangnam, Seoul in the afternoon on March 10th. People around him started whispering with each other. As he showed up dressed in comfortable look wearing a simple jacket and a pair of sunglasses, it reminded us of a scene from a pictorial.

It was known Jang Dong-gun had been accepted to Culture and Art Management at Seoul Cyber University. He will start enjoying his school life as a freshman this spring.

Although Jang Dong-gun was admitted to Acting School of Korea National University of Arts in 1994, he withdrew himself at the time. He was always interested in management and production of culture and art and goes to back to school in 21 years.

Jang Dong-gun is reviewing for his next project since his movie, "No Tears for the Dead" last year.

Source: Hancinema

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing the NICE photos. He looks so fine here.  :)>-

Korean actors and their Hollywood Counterparts

Sometimes when words fail you, it's easy to explain your favorite Korean actor/actress to your friends as the "Korean version" of a global, Hollywood

star. But ever wonder what your favorite Korean actor/actress would

actually be like if they competed in a film industry across the world? 

Here are our guesses! 11 Korean actors and their Hollywood counterparts, let's go.

Jang Dong Gun ≈ George Clooney

go-hyun-jung_1426199369_GeorgeClooney_E.

Last, but certainly not least, Jang Dong Gun has often been compared to George Clooney

by the Korean media simply for aging well. While they may not

necessarily act in similar roles, Jang Dong Gun and Clooney definitely

give off a similar vibe of having experience and maturity as veterans,

and are still lookin' hot at their age.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

class="title entry-title" itemprop="name" style="margin: 0px; position: relative; font-size: 20px; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 40px 0px 0px; color: rgb(153, 0, 0); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue Light', HelveticaNeue-Light, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; width: 668.731201171875px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: middle; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);" Salute D'Amour VIP Premiere 1 April 2015 

20150401_1427890669_58008700_1.jpg
201504012057773808_551bde83bfc7d.jpg

more..http://sunshineemine.blogspot.com.tr/2015/04/han-ji-min-bi-rain-jang-dong-gun-song.html/

• Like 1
Guest kyung-jin

6 Hot actors over 40 who are splendid like well-aged fine wine

by Nancy Z on Fri, Apr 03, 2015

actors_over_40.png 

These exceptional leading men over 40 are entering their prime. They still look youthful and energetic despite a few fine wrinkles, but they are definitely not flower boys. Some of them have weathered life's ups and downs, and all have certainly learned a lot from their long career. The extraordinary men on our list are mature inside and out, just like fine wine that has aged well, and they attract us with their unique bouquet. You'd be surprised that they also share something else in common.

5. Jang Dong Gun (age 43) - He has been a star and leading man for over 2 decades in movies and dramas. Jang was one of the first Korean stars to gain a following in other parts of Asia, and he also branched out into making movies in China and in Hollywood. In 2012, he return to TV drama in the fabulous A Gentleman's Dignity, leading a group of 40-something buddies in a romantic comedy. He is also happily married to actress and Love Wind Love Song co-star Ko So Young and they have 2 children. 

jang-dong-gun.jpg

JangDongGun11.jpg

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/hot-men-over-40-can-be-splendid-like-well-aged-fine-wine/

itemprop="name"DRAMAFEVER MOVIE NIGHT: My Way, starring Jang Dong Gun, Fan Bingbing, and Joe Odagiri

My_way_slwwRFM.png

This week's DramaFever Movie Night selection is My Way, a riveting World War II film based on a true story and starring Jang Dong GunJoe Odagiri, and Fan Bingbing

It premieres exclusively for DramaFever Premium members on April 4. Let's take a look:

Synopsis:

Blind to the tensions between Korean freedom fighters and Japanese nationalists, Kim Jun Shik (Jang Dong Gun) and Hasegawa Tatsuo (Joe Odagiri) become good friends united by a mutual love for running. Years later on the eve of World War II, both men are drawn further into the war, where they are forced to make sworn enemies out of their truest friends. Within the harsh realities of the war, Jun Shik and Tatsuo are thrust into the frontline at key moments, tracing an epic history of friendship and strife.

Trailer:

Tune in HERE for the premiere!

source : dramafever

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

“Entertainment Weekly” ranks the top 5 most handsome actors

entertainment weekly handsome

In the most recent episode of Entertainment Weekly, the top 5 most handsome Korean actors were chosen and ranked.

According to the results, Jang Dong Gun led the charts, and was named the most handsome actor in Korea. Wonbin followed at number 2 and was dubbed the “Vampire Beauty” while Jung Woo Sung, at number 3, was nicknamed the “Walking Statue of David.” Jo In Sung, known as the “Thief who steals Noonas’ hearts” was ranked at number 4. Finally,“Perfect visual and proportions” Kang Dong Won took 5th place on the chart.

Source: Koreaboo

Edited by irilight

Thanks Irilight . I'm satisfied with Top 4, but I hope to hear news about his film soon. He hasn't been working for so long !

​Hi potato, me, too - I hope he's going to do another project soon............maybe another drama? Right you are, we missed him on the screen already.......it's been quite a while since the last. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Melody Day’s Yoo Min Revealed to Be the Niece of a Top Star

Melody Day’s Yoo Min Revealed to Be the Niece of a Top Star

It has recently been revealed that a member of vocal girl group Melody Day—best known for singing songs included in the OST for many hit dramas including “Master’s Sun” and “I Can Hear Your Voice”—is related to a top star.

On June 9, a representative of Melody Day’s agency shared that member Yoo Min is the niece of one of the most well-known actors in Korea—Jang Dong Gun.

The agency rep explained, “Yoo Min is the granddaughter of Jang Dong Gun’s aunt (his mother’s sister). They are like close family. The two really look alike.”

It is said that Yoo Min’s father and Jang Dong Gun, who are cousins, have a very close ‘hyung-dongsaeng’ relationship.

Yoo Min was in attendance at Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young’s wedding, and the Melody Day member often visited the couple’s home. Jang Dong Gun is also said to be very supportive of his niece’s debut as a singer.

Meanwhile, Melody Day is preparing to kick off promotions with their second single “Love Me” following its release at noon on June 9.

Source (1) / soompi news

June 14, 2015

Koreans urged to stay away from Shanghai film festival over MERS fears

By Lee Min-hyung The Korean Times

450jang(0).gif

Korean actors and movie officials have been asked not to attend the Shanghai movie festival because of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) outbreak, according to the South China Morning Post, Friday.

"On the principle of being responsible about health, we suggest they do not come," the Post quoted festival official Yang Xinwei as saying.

Following the announcement, Korean stars have cancelled plans to visit Shanghai. Actor Jang Dong-gun was to attend the Jackie Chan festival on Thursday, but withdrew. Actor So Ji-sub was scheduled to join the event while staying in China, but returned to Korea.

"According to the current circumstances of the breakout and development of the MERS virus, the Korean government has adopted a series of protection measures and cancelled mass events and activities," a letter from the festival committee said. "We consider your health and hope you are taking extra precautions to maintain your well-being."

Twenty-two Korean movies were originally scheduled to be released at the festival.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Media experts reveal top celebrities who look prettiest in real life

In a survey amongst entertainment personnel to find the best looking male & female celebrities of Korea, only one idol was included in the list of all actors and actresses!

Fans are sharing the trending post showing how just ONE idol was included in this list amongst some of the most gorgeous actors and actresses in Korea.

Girls’ Generation Yoona was the lucky one to be added to the list, while no other idol was included. Check out the full list below!

c6405a9225ac5208aedd1ee82502f380

(skipped unrelated.....)

Male:
1. Jang Dong Gun – 12
2. Bae Yong Joon – 4
3. Jung Joon Ho – 3
4. Lee Byung Hun, Jo In Sung, Hyun Bin, Song Seung Hun – 2
5. Joo Jin Mo, Won Bin, Jung Woo Sung, Daniel Henney, Kang Dong Won, Park Jae Jung, Shin Sung Il, Park Sang Won – 1

Source: Instiz / koreaboo

Jang Dong-gun's niece, Melody Day Yoomin posts her uncle's autograph Read more at: http://tr.im/53uSX
  • Like 1
Guest jisung_15

Hello everyone!

jojo05, thank you for the AAE caps! They bring back the good ole days when I was head over heels over this man.:wub: still am, but in a more restrained manner. And I see that the AAE site is up as well. Was searching desperately for AAE fanfics a few months ago when I stumbled upon a site maintained by our Indonesian chinggus that contained some of my favorite stories and had a blast reading them all over again. I hope we see Dong Gun act again in the small screen very, very soon. I'm happy he's always on the list of top 5 faves of whatever, but not as satisfying as actually seeing him act. I also noticed he's remained the korean female character's fantasy as he keeps getting mentioned in dramas.:P

Hello everyone!

jojo05, thank you for the AAE caps! They bring back the good ole days when I was head over heels over this man.:wub: still am, but in a more restrained manner. And I see that the AAE site is up as well. Was searching desperately for AAE fanfics a few months ago when I stumbled upon a site maintained by our Indonesian chinggus that contained some of my favorite stories and had a blast reading them all over again. I hope we see Dong Gun act again in the small screen very, very soon. I'm happy he's always on the list of top 5 faves of whatever, but not as satisfying as actually seeing him act. I also noticed he's remained the korean female character's fantasy as he keeps getting mentioned in dramas.:P

jisung_15:

Were those the fanfics at Lautan Indonesia?

Check back at All-About-AAE / AAEclub again in the future, as I will be adding more fanfics soon.

Guest jisung_15

Hi jojo05, yes, indeed they were from Lautan Indonesia!:) Great relief when that site popped up in time to get my fix! Yes, I have been to the AAE-club site and will be checking back often, thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...

K-pop stars brought to life at Grevin Museum Seoul

Life-size wax figures of K-pop stars and Hollywood movie stars are on display at Grevin Museum Seoul, which opened Thursday in Seoul (Grevin Museum)

Leading K-pop stars, such as Psy, G-Dragon and Rain and dozens of other Korean celebrities, as well as historic and sports figures, have been brought to life in wax models at the Grevin Museum opening in Seoul on Thursday.

The French wax museum’s first Asian branch presents 80 life-size wax models of world-renowned figures and celebrities, including 30 Koreans.

“We decided Seoul to be our first destination for Grevin Museum in Asia because the city has rich history and strong cultural content. From here, the Hallyu boom has spread throughout Asia,” said Dominique Marcel, CEO of the Compagnie des Alpes, which operates the museum, at a press conference Wednesday at the Grevin Museum in Seoul. The French firm also runs ski resorts and leisure facilities around the world.

The Seoul museum, located near Myeong-dong, Seoul‘s hottest shopping district, presents wax figures of movie stars, celebrities, historic figures and politicians in the four-story building from the Japanese colonial era in the early 1900s.

The wax figures are on display in different themed rooms.

Popular Korean actors, such as Bae Yong-joon, Jang Dong-gun, Kwon Sang-woo and Song Seung-heon, greet visitors to a movie awards red carpet scene.

The television studio titled “Hallyuwood” features popular Korean actors and actresses, such as Kim Soo-hyun, Park Shin-hye, Lee Min-ho, Jang Keun-suk and Hyun Bin, filming shows and movies.

“This is the world’s biggest exhibition featuring Hallyu stars ranging from the first generation stars to the latest ones,” said Kim Yong-gwan, president of Grevin Korea.

Hollywood movie stars are also on view in interactive settings. Brad Pitt and George Clooney stand side by side, watching visitors play roulette. Robert De Niro welcomes visitors to a dimly lit bar.

U.S. President Barrack Obama, Queen Elizabeth II and secretary-general of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon are gathered in the same aircraft, accompanied by the noise and tremor felt in an actual flying aircraft.

The museum also attempts to impress visitors with a state-of-the-art audio and light system that helps them be fully immersed in the viewing experience and take quality selfies and photos.

It expects to receive 450,000 visitors per year, including foreign tourists from other Asian countries, including China and Japan.

“We found a great potential in Seoul for attracting many other Asian tourists. We hope the Grevin Seoul is one of the tourist attractions that tourists don’t want to miss,” said Marcel.

The museum plans to add four to five new models each year in addition to the current list of figures.

At the end of the museum tour, visitors can learn the steps of making wax figures and make their own wax figure with the special software that scans one’s face and turns it into a three-dimensional image.

Compagnie des Alpes runs Grevin wax museums in Paris, Montreal and Prague. The first museum opened in 1882 in Paris.

Tickets to the Seoul museum cost 23,000 won ($20) for adults, 18,000 won for teenagers and 15,000 won for younger children.

For more information, call (02) 777-4700.

By Lee Woo-young (wylee@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1
  • Guest unfeatured this topic