Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

"Warrior's Way" Gets Release Date

jdg_011110_sb.jpg

Formerly known as “The Laundry Warrior”, Jang Dong Gun’s Hollywood debut flick finally has a release date. The movie wrapped up forever ago (February 2008 to be exact) and was supposed to premier in the summer of 2009. Better late than never I say.

Speaking of better late than never, Jang is also scheduled for knee surgery this week. He injured it way back in 2004 while filming for “Taegukgi”. After a month of recuperation, Jang will be back to work in June to film another new movie, ”D-day”. Busy, busy, busy! Hope he still has some time for girlfriend Ko So Young. I’m sure that Hawaiian getaway earlier this month wouldn’t be enough.

Source : seoulbeats

http://seoulbeats.com/2010/01/the-warriors...a-release-date/

Guest ruffluv

"Warrior's Way" Gets Release Date

Thanx for the long overdue good news, will....but....when's the release date???? :unsure::unsure:

DG has undergone the knee surgery successfully and safely yesterday (13th), and now is resting and recuperating... :D. Our man will be sleeping in a hospital these few days....awww...poor thing.... :P

pasting an old pic.....at least now we know who's the owner of that lucky foot! All these while i really thought that was inez's foot! :D

14110.jpg

Thanx for the long overdue good news, will....but....when's the release date???? :unsure::unsure:

DG has undergone the knee surgery successfully and safely yesterday (13th), and now is resting and recuperating... :D. Our man will be sleeping in a hospital these few days....awww...poor thing.... :P

Hi ruffluv, I think the release date is near, so, we'll just wait & see. Thanks for the update about his surgery, Here's an article about this. :D:lol:

Jang Dong-gun resting in hospital after knee surgery

2010011410034188383_1.jpg

Korean actor Jang Dong-gun is resting in the hospital after undergoing surgery to his left knee yesterday, according to his agency on Thursday.

"It was a simple surgery and went well," an official at AM Entertainment said, adding that the actor will be released from the hospital sometime next week but will continue physical therapy for about a month afterwards.

The actor, who had injured his left knee while shooting the film "Taegukgi" in 2004, had been putting off the surgery to shoot his Hollywood debut flick "The Warrior's Way" and the recent Korean box-office hit "Good Morning President".

He and his actress girlfriend Ko So-young were photographed at the airport over the weekend, returning from a trip to Hawaii. It was their first public appearance together since admitting to their two-year romantic relationship last November.

Jang is scheduled to return to work in June, shooting the film "D-day" with his "Taegukgi" director Kang Je-gyu.

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok kave@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...011410034188383

"Avatar" becomes sixth most-watched film in Korea

Hollywood film "Avatar" has set another record in Korea this week, becoming the sixth most-watched film in the country's history, according to the film's distributor 20th Century Fox Korea on Friday.

(skipped...............)

The top five spots were all claimed by Korean movies -- "The Host", "The King and the Clown", "Taegukgi", "Haeundae" and "Silmido".

(skipped............)

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?sec=e...011508474075810

January 15, 2010

Actor Jang Dong-gun Has Successful Surgery on Knee

101115_p16_jang.jpg

Actor Jang Dong-gun underwent knee surgery at a general hospital in Seoul earlier this week and was discharged on Friday, officials from his agency said.

``Jang had surgery to repair damaged cartilage in his left knee and was discharged from the hospital as the surgery went well,'' an official said. ``He will concentrate on rehab for a while.''

Jang sustained the injury in 2003 while he was acting in the movie ``Taegeukgi.'' He previously had surgery but failed to recover from the injury completely.

The next film Jang will star in is director Kang Je-gyu's ``D-Day,'' which will start shooting in May.

chojh@koreatimes.co.kr

Credit : Korea Times

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/speci.../178_59105.html

Guest nitrogen123

Has anyone seen the kdrama "Ghost". It was shown by SBS in 1999.

How was it? What was it about?

It's one of his earlier works. And I'm curious as to what he was like back then.

Guest inezjang

thget.jpg

Get Well soon DG...!

Have you gals read about this new major movie (a sniper role..)?. I read it in my mail and the (or highly speculated..)possible lead had DG and/or BYJ names on it. But i dont know if DG is doing it coz his knee's recuperating and it might take months to heal completely..besides he has another movie coming up..

Guest sect0r7

ok i am new here and will love to know where could i purchase Jang Dong Gun 1999 drama Youth (chung-choon) DVD/VCD boxset with english subtitles.I had search high and low for this in yesasia but to no avail.This is the 1st korean drama that i watched way back in 1999 and was the reason why i had been a fan of Jang Dong Gun ever since.It seems that this mini drama series just disappeared,and not much info is available..any help is appreciated.

Japanese paps ruined their Hawaiian vacay

jang-dong-gun-ko-so-young_20100118_seoulbeats.jpg

That’s what you get, you two, for being filthy rich and devastatingly gorgeous! As you all know, Jang Dong Gun and Ko So Young graced Hawaii with their luminous presences last week for a lovers’ getaway (thanks to hijinx’s super special insider tip), but alas, relaxation was not to be had for the couple due to the apparent constant clicking n’ flashing intrusion by some Japanese paparazzi.

Korea’s current Brangelina not only failed to keep the details of their travel itineraries completely secret (even though they thought they did), but they could not fully evade the invading photographers either. In fact, there is much speculation that the two had to shorten their vacation by a day (from the 10th to the 9th) directly because of this unforeseen hassle.

The photos haven’t been officially released yet, but you can bet your bluefin tuna sushi roll that the magazine in question is hammering out the details right now.

ko-so-young_20100118_seoulbeats.jpg

Meanwhile, these are the only legitimate photos the Korean paps could produce of the infamous(??) trip, and netizens are going nit-picky insane over Ko So Young’s trendy outfit.

http://seoulbeats.com/2010/01/japanese-pap...hawaiian-vacay/

Meanwhile, these are the only legitimate photos the Korean paps could produce of the infamous(??) trip, and netizens are going nit-picky insane over Ko So Young's trendy outfit.

http://seoulbeats.com/2010/01/japanese-pap...hawaiian-vacay/

i thought is was not Japanese paps' fault. She should blame herself by wearing so striking ... whose taste is quite different from her man.. <_< Thats why Japanese paps were noticed and running after ... B)

i thought is was not Japanese paps' fault. She should blame herself by wearing so striking ... whose taste is quite different from her man.. <_< Thats why Japanese paps were noticed and running after ... B)

TY, hmmmmm........ this couple have different personalities, huh? The woman is so sexy in the way she dresses up while JDG is so simple. Wondering if she's naturally like that? But so nice looking at both of them together. JDG has chosen a good & appealing woman. :D:lol:

Guest greenhotchilipeper

it's not secret now anymore, pls say some nice words about JDG' girl. I think this couple is totally perfect. Wating for the bell ring.

Guest ruffluv

Some pix from the Tokyo Dome event....

181101.jpg

181102.jpg

181103.jpg

181104.jpg

181105.jpg:wub::wub::wub:

181106.jpg:wub::wub::wub:

181107.jpg:wub::wub::wub:

181108.jpg

181109.jpg

1811010.jpg

1811011.jpg

1811012.jpg

1811013.jpg

1811014.jpg

Cr: http://blog.naver.com/yoko105, DG Baidu Video, http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/red_wing1024, http://jpnews.kr, www.krdrama.com

This paparazzi really are very rude!!! Stop invading on people’s privacy, will ya?!!! How would you feel if every of your move is being recorded?? They are ordinary human being too...please respect them!!!! Aishhh....this news really makes my blood boil!! The recent one, those crazy reporters went as far as trying to invade his room in the hospital after his operation!!! DG had no choice but to discharge early! And guess what, their main concern is not his health, but whether or not Ko So Young come visit him in the hospital. Sheesh....i really pity him, not enough with the physical post-operation pain, he had to endure emotional pain too. I can’t imagine how hellish his life has been ever since that love revelation last November. Maybe they should get married ASAP, this way i think those greedy media would stop harassing them. Be strong, Dong Gun!!!

TY, hmmmmm........ this couple have different personalities, huh? The woman is so sexy in the way she dresses up while JDG is so simple. Wondering if she's naturally like that? But so nice looking at both of them together. JDG has chosen a good & appealing woman. :D:lol:

I think it’s her hair that makes her look quite...umm...wild? When she done her hair in ponytail, she actually looks pretty decent and sweet. Oh, and maybe plus that leopard jacket....and that boots!!!! How can one wear that kind of boots in a more than 12 hours flight???? :wacko::wacko: Watch her movie called APT on youtube here, she had a ponytail and she looks really sweet and beautiful although you can feel the 'classy' air about her. Here's another website, she’s doing charity somewhere.....she looks sweet. I know many people are quite disappointed with DG’s choice of life partner, most fans are hoping for him to find some really decent looking girl, and preferably not a celeb. I’m quite worried too, worrying if she’ll really take a good care of him from now till their old age together. But i trust DG, and he knows her for so long and of course he knows her better than any fans would, so let’s just trust his choice.

Has anyone seen the kdrama "Ghost". It was shown by SBS in 1999.

How was it? What was it about?

It's one of his earlier works. And I'm curious as to what he was like back then.

The story is about DG fighting with a devil soul (a ghost) with the help of Kim Min Jong who has the ability to ‘talk’ with ghosts. Oh wellz, more or less like that.. It’s about DG as a cop has mistakenly killed a guy’s sister. So, as a revenge, this guy surrendered his soul to the devil and started his evil acts. He even killed DG’s fiancée, and since then, DG turns into this melancholic cop (so hot!!) and fought with this evil soul guy. Kim Min Jong is also very cool here...love his sense of humor and his male bond with DG. Overall, nothing much on the storyline, but DG as a melancholic cop, wearing jeans and unbuttoned shirt all the time...awwww c’mmon, what fan is going to miss a drama like that??? Here are some Ghost related pix that i have...

ghost1.jpg

ghost2.jpg

ghost3.jpg

ghost4.jpg

ghost5r.jpg

ghost6.jpg

ghost7.jpg

ghost8.jpg

ghost9.png

ghost10.png

ghost11w.jpg

ghost12.png

ok i am new here and will love to know where could i purchase Jang Dong Gun 1999 drama Youth (chung-choon) DVD/VCD boxset with english subtitles.I had search high and low for this in yesasia but to no avail.This is the 1st korean drama that i watched way back in 1999 and was the reason why i had been a fan of Jang Dong Gun ever since.It seems that this mini drama series just disappeared,and not much info is available..any help is appreciated.

Sorry, couldn’t help you much on Chung Chun....maybe you can email YesAsia or something. I feel pretty helpless every time i get this kind of question, how i wish his fans are able to watch all of his previous dramas just like me and not only AAE. You girls just don’t have any idea what you are missing. Oh wellz, at least Models and Medical Brothers are quite easy to obtain. Another one that i like is Myth of A Hero, but it’s seems like i’m the only one who has watched it.. :( . I think one of the smartest investment i had made was to buy all of his dramas/movies in one go once i started realizing i’m getting crazy over him 6 years ago. I have all except for his debuts Our Heaven and Ii Jil Mae (sp?). ;)

Maybe they should get married ASAP, this way i think those greedy media would stop harassing them. Be strong, Dong Gun!!!

;)

my dear, hold that first before the groom gain back his strengh and health!! :lol:

I always pray for JDG health! that's all for me ^^

he looked stress these days, and lost weight again :(

poor him, lack of a realy person to take care of <_<

January 21, 2010

Jang Dong-gun to film Africa doc

Talk of the town

20205129.jpg

Actor Jang Dong-gun will appear in a TV documentary about poverty in Africa.

Jang has been the goodwill ambassador for the United Nations World Food Program since December 2008. The film aims to raise awareness about the issue in Korea.

“Jang has long had an interest in eradicating poverty in Africa,” a source close to Jang said. “He will leave in March and is scheduled to stay for about a month.”

By Hannah Kim Contributing writer

Credit : JoongAng Daily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2915556

Guest miniejungle

hello Jangers... it's been a while... :)

Read about DG's trip to Hawaii (i was quite shocked to see the pics - if they meant to hide it from paparrazi, then she shdn't have worn something to outstanding right?) but i guess Oppa needs a good rest before the operation - thank God it went well.

I have a confession to make... i thought the news of them getting together didn't affect me (much) but i guess it did somehow. well on one hand i'm happy he's finally found someone, but on the other hand i still can't fathom why he kept it under cover for so long and have been telling us fans he doesnt have anyone - that hurts. though i still like him a lot but i guess the level of affection has dropped quite a bit.

there.... i said it. shoot me... i don't know why and how but this is how i feel :((( anyone sharing the same sentiment?

Guest ruffluv

hello Jangers... it's been a while... :)

Read about DG's trip to Hawaii (i was quite shocked to see the pics - if they meant to hide it from paparrazi, then she shdn't have worn something to outstanding right?) but i guess Oppa needs a good rest before the operation - thank God it went well.

I don’t think they are trying to hide from the paps at all. They were just getting out from the airport like any normal people do. The one about the paps constantly following them was when they were in Hawaii, having a private vacation like any normal couple would want to have.

I have a confession to make... i thought the news of them getting together didn't affect me (much) but i guess it did somehow. well on one hand i'm happy he's finally found someone, but on the other hand i still can't fathom why he kept it under cover for so long and have been telling us fans he doesnt have anyone - that hurts. though i still like him a lot but i guess the level of affection has dropped quite a bit.

there.... i said it. shoot me... i don't know why and how but this is how i feel :((( anyone sharing the same sentiment?

By the rate their privacy is being invaded now, i perfectly understood why he hid his relationship. Look at what’s happening now....media reporting their every moves, spreading so many rumors everyday and seems like their management agencies have no better work to do but to answer every stupid rumors first thing every morning. (Today’s rumor is that KSY has been shopping a Kenneth Pool bridal gown in Gangnam and the wedding is set in May before DG start shooting D-Day, which, again, their agencies had to deny early this morning saying nothing has been set yet). Imagine what will happen if he reveal his love 2 years ago??? What would happen to his career? Go to any forum board (i.e, krdrama.com) you can see that the number of views on any topic concerning him and KSY will reach thousands number of views in just a matter of hours, but those thread on his latest movie, or him as a WFP ambassador urging us to help Haiti, the number of views are only hundreds. It shows that people are way more interested in his love life rather than his career. DG is a low profile person who is very serious in his work. He would want people to recognize him as a real actor rather than people knowing him because of his private matter. But alas, now his fear is becoming real, people IS more interested in his private life.

One more thing, as i said before, i don’t think the real serious relationship started 2 years ago. From my PoV, their relationship really started in the middle of 2009. DG started wearing that couple Buddha Beads only from the 2nd half of last year. Same goes to KSY, i have her picture attending some fashion show in France in January 2009, and she’s not wearing any Buddha beads. Furthermore i read somewhere that KSY started to look really cheery and admitted to her close friend that she’s in love only starting in June last year. Another thing, DG only quit smoking around August 2009, with the reason given that KSY could not stand the cigg smoke. So if they are already in a serious relationship for 2 years, why only quit smoking in August? Should have been way earlier than that. So i concluded that they might be in a relationship for 2 years (or 10 years, whatever) but the real serious and certain one has only started in the middle of 2009.

I can fully understand why he said he has no girlfriend. Surely you don’t expect him to admit he has a girlfriend and destroy his and her privacy all at once. The only thing that upset me a little bit was him saying he’s lonely in the Park Jung Hoon show. But then, like i said before, the show was recorded in December 2008, and probably he is lonely at that time. He might already be in a relationship then, but maybe they were having some difficulties and misunderstanding at that time, leading to a strain relationship, hence, loneliness. People in love are very sensitive and can be hurt easily. Probably during that time both of them are having problems in their relationship, which can make one feel lonelier than ever. One more thing, i was rewatching the PJH show (with Eng subs) recently, and need to clarify that DG was not the one who said he will ask the first girl who called him in the middle of the night to marry him. Kim Min Jong was the one who said that. We were led to believe that DG was the one saying that by some bad translation from one popular drama blog. Here’s the excerpt of that part, credits to Mystique from JustJDG Forum:

PJH: When you travel in Asian countries, people recognize you, don’t they? So i guess you can’t travel in Asian countries.

JDG: To be honest, not a lot of people recognize me. There are only a few places which i don’t feel comfortable to travel to. One of the reasons why i like travelling is, i mean, it’s different from sightseeing. After having shot a film, having met a lot of people, and had lots of interviews, i sometimes forget what kind of person i am.

PJH: That is a very meaningful things to hear.

JDG: When i travel then i find myself again. And also sometimes there are moments when i get disappointed.

PJH: Why are you disappointed?

JDG: I mean when i find that i’m a nobody.

PJH: A person like Mr. Jang Dong Gun says to himself that he is a nobody. I understand what you mean, and at the same time i’m surprised to hear that. I guess you often feel lonely.

JDG: To be honest with you, yes i do. Especially nowadays i feel lonely a lot. When i was younger i enjoyed solitude. Recently i often feel empty especially after coming home from drinking with my friends. I sometimes have difficulty falling asleep. I have to drink 3 cans of beer before i could fall asleep. (my notes: he only stated he is lonely, but like i said, there are many reasons why one would feel lonely, even if he or she are in a relationship at that time)

PJH: What time do you usually go to bed?

JDG: I usually stay up late. Bachelors around my age are having the same problem. Not long ago, I attended a gathering and there i met Mr. Kim Min Jeung. We’ve known each other for a long time. I told him that i was feeling lonely and hardly i finished saying that,he suddenly gave me a big hug and said “i finally found someone like me”. Only then i realized that he’s experiencing the same problem. He said that he would marry the woman who calls him when he’s drinking beer in the middle of the night.

---

Let bygones be bygones. I believe that his true fans will support and love him no matter what, for as long as he never commit any immoral behaviour or crime. That’s what fans are for, to support their favs one through thick or thin. The trend i see of his fans in Soompi, no one come to this thread to praise him when his movie is doing well, no one support him when he initiates charity works, no one wishes him health and safety when he’s undergoing a surgery , but when he did one small mistake (if you can even consider hiding a relationship a mistake, which actually he has no obligation to inform to anybody to begin with), every ‘fan’ here started to think they have rights to be upset with him, as if they really care so much about him and posted at his thread every day. I salute his fans in China (WJF, Baidu, krdrama.com) for their unwavering love and support to him.

Oh wellz, those are just my 2 cents. No hard feelings. :blush:

All the best to Dong Gun in life, career and love. :)

Jang Dong-gun, Ko So-young rumored to wed in May

2010012114194293659_1.jpg

Top Korean actors Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young, who admitted to their two-year romantic relationship last November, are again sparking rumors of a wedding in May, according to various reports surrounding the couple.

First, there was talk among industry sources that Ko was seen around Seoul, shopping for a wedding dress at high-end bridal shops.

Then producers of "ENEWS" -- which airs on Korea cable channel tvN -- reported that an employee at one of the wedding shops had said the 37-year-old actress had been eyeing American bridal brand Kenneth Pool. ENEWS even went as far as to predict that Ko "will choose a simple, romantic dress."

However, representatives for the star couple dismissed the rumor, saying that "there are no plans for a wedding."

There had been similar talk and sightings of the actress shopping around for a white gown shortly after the two went public with their relationship last year. But their agencies had denied the rumor, saying that Ko had accompanied her former stylist who was engaged to be married.

Jang and Ko, both 37, met as co-stars in the 1999 film "Love Wind, Love Song". They were seen together for the first time at the airport two weekends ago, returning from a trip to Hawaii with close friends.

Jang, who recently underwent a knee surgery, is scheduled to start shooting the film "D-day" in June.

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...012114194293659