Quantcast
Guest makemyday

Jang Dong Gun 장동건

12-16-2009

Hallyu "4Card" Tokyo Show Draws Attention

091216_p32_4.jpg

Four superstars ― Lee Byung-hun, Jang Dong-gun, Song Seung-hun and Won Bin ― are gathering in Tokyo amid tight security for a special Korean Wave or "hallyu" festival to be held at Tokyo Dome, Thursday.

Jang, Song and Won left for Tokyo, Wednesday, while Lee plans to fly the next morning as he was involved in the filming of the last episode of the KBS megahit drama "Iris," officials from the event organizer said.

The event, dubbed as "4Card ― Four of a Kind," is drawing extra attention from the media as the promotional fan meeting comes after top stars Lee and Jang made headlines with their former and present girlfriends, respectively.

Lee, the star of "GI Joe" and "Iris," will make his first public appearance after he has been dragged into a scandal involving a former girlfriend over allegations of sexual misconduct.

The media is also keen whether Jang ("Good Morning President"), who recently confessed to a two year romantic relationship with top actress Koh So-young, would make any comment on their involvement.

The event organizer has been reluctant to disclose the stars' schedules to shield them from the press, with individual media access to the two stars likely to be tightly restricted during their stay.

The event will be directed by renowned Japanese writer-producer Yasushi Akimoto. The four actors will give a theatrical performance set to an audiovisual piece by acclaimed Korean director Hur Jin-ho (``A Good Rain Knows'').

The top stars will also introduce fans to their latest films and TV dramas. They originally planned to take part in interview sessions too, but whether they will proceed with them is unclear.

Song garnered local fans with melodramas such as ``Autumn Fairytale'' and Won is the star of the critically acclaimed thriller ``Mother.''

The unconventional promotional event of the top four heartthrobs is expected to draw a total of 70,000 Japanese fans.

Credits : chojh@koreatimes.co.kr

Hallyu stars depart for Japan[/b

okay just want to know is SSH taller than JDG, I thought JDG was about 5'11?

Guest 2uss

okay just want to know is SSH taller than JDG, I thought JDG was about 5'11?

SSH is approximately 180cm, about 5'10"

----------------------------------------------

a video during preperation talks with stage director at the Shilla Hotel, the final minute is a commercial promoting the event at Tokyo Dome...LBH was absent due to IRIS filming (allow the video to buffer first)

http://serviceapi.nmv.naver.com/flash/NFPl...77d5a4b782b3374

*thank you dear njs of TSH :blush:

(Three of four) Hallyu stars arrive in Japan

December 16th, 2009 // by javabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/12/three-of...pan/#more-13496

hallyujp19.jpg

Three of Hallyu’s biggest stars — Song Seung-heon, Jang Dong-gun, and Won Bin — arrived at Japan’s Haneda Airport to an excited crowd of fans on the afternoon of December 16.

They are in the country for an event titled “Hallyu Four of a Kind,” which takes place on the 17th. The fanmeeting will take place at Tokyo Dome in two parts. The fourth participant (Lee Byung-heon) was busily wrapping up filming for his drama, IRIS, and will catch a later flight.

(Remember the previous post that mentioned the possibility of Kwon Sang-woo for the IRIS sequel? Aside from Kwon, the only real viable options for a sequel to be on par with the original is to cast one of these guys. The other actors mentioned in the comments may be able to pull it off in terms of acting ability, but don’t have the heavyweight Hallyu cachet of the old guard. Now, if they wanted to go for next-gen Hallyu, by all means cast a Gong Yoo or a Kang Ji-hwan — both great options! — but that would skew the production into a different direction, in my opinion.)

hallyujp13.jpg

hallyujp16.jpg

Via Newsen

Guest ruffluv

latest pix from Tokyo. I guess the event has started??? Dong Gun looks soooooo goood!!!! *nosebleed*...

17121.jpg

17122.jpg

17123.jpg

17124.jpg

17126.jpg

17127.jpg

17128.jpg

17129.jpg

171210.jpg

171211.jpg

171212.jpg

171214.jpg

171215.jpg

source: on pix

credits: Yahoo Korea

tanio12, Dong Gun is 181.6 cm in height. :)

Guest vic_taebin

i love what JDG is wearing at the event! HE looks really, really good! I'm so smitten by his charisma. =)

12-17-2009

'Four of a Kind' Captivate Japanese Fans in Tokyo Dome

Four Korean heartthrobs ― Lee Byung-hun, Jang Dong-gun, Song Seung-hun and Won Bin ― enthralled 70,000 Japanese fans who packed the Tokyo Dome at a special Korean Wave or ``hallyu'' festival, Thursday.

This was the first time that the top stars have taken the same stage for a promotional event, dubbed ``4Card ― Four of a Kind.'' The actors held two fan meetings on Thursday at the dome which accommodates about 35,000.

The first event took place at 1.00 p.m., about 30 minutes later than originally scheduled, according to the event organizer. The show started late as Lee, who had to take part in the filming of the last episode of the KBS drama ``Iris'' until dawn, Thursday, left for Tokyo in the morning, while others flew in the previous day.

Lee blamed himself for the delay of the show. ``The event started late because of me. As the shooting of 'Iris' was concluded several hours ago, I'm in sort of in an unrealistic mood. I'm tired due to a lack of sleep but I was awakened by your cheering.''

It was his first public appearance after being dragged into a scandal involving a former girlfriend over allegations of sexual misconduct.

He made no direct comment about the feud. But he indicated that he was going through hard times. ``It has been so hard both mentally and physically of late but meeting you fans always invigorates me.''

For his part, Jang said, ``hello,'' in Japanese, drawing thunderous applause from the fans. He also gave the audience a nice surprise by playing drums.

Known as an avid baseball fan and a member of an amateur baseball team comprised of entertainers, Jang said, ``My dream is to play in Tokyo Dome. I'm a pitcher on my team.''

In reaction to Jang's remarks, Song, the star of the TV drama ``Autumn Fairytale,'' quipped that he was willing to become a ball boy for Jang if he played baseball in the dome.

Won, the star of the critically acclaimed thriller ``Mother,'' said he was so pleased to meet Japanese fans. ``I barely slept last night at the thought of meeting you. I want to make good memories with you.''

The stars introduced fans to their latest films and TV dramas and took part in various events with them.

Credits : Cho Jae-hyon, Staff Reporter (chojh@koreatimes.co.kr)

Source : The Korea Times

4 of Korea’s Top Stars shine at Tokyo Dome

20091116_4hallyu_572.jpg

Back in July, the boys of TVXQ / DBSK / Tohoshinki rocked the Tokyo Dome. In September, Bae Yong Joon (Yon-Sama) also had a huge event at the Tokyo Dome.

On December 17th, four Top Korean stars Lee Byung Hun, Song Seung Hun, Won Bin, and Jang Dong Gun, dubbed as the Four Kings, gathered at the Tokyo Dome for a special event titled 'Hallyu's Four of A Kind.'

These four stars are very popular in Japan and they packed the Tokyo Dome.

More than 70,000 people (35,000 over two events) packed the Tokyo Dome to get a glimpse of the four. Lee Byung Hun arrived a bit late to Tokyo as he had to film the final scenes for IRIS in Seoul, this resulted in the first event starting 30 minutes late (1:00PM instead of 12:30PM). He also made his first public appearance after his alleged scandal went public. Both the events were very tasteful and classy, so there was no mention of the scandal.

Check out the photos below,

20091217_hallyu4_1a.jpg

20091217_hallyu4_4.jpg

Source : allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_stor..._at_tokyo_dome/

Guest pssrby2005

I've translated some of the highlights of the Tokyo Dome events by the four actors at my blog. Feel free to visit here.

At least 3 of them look awesome and by all means, truly Hallyu stars.

JDG still has that "cute" look even at late 30's going to 40's.

Guest ruffluv

I've translated some of the highlights of the Tokyo Dome events by the four actors at my blog. Feel free to visit here.

Thank you very much for those great translation, Sandra! I know that i can always count on you... :). Lol at the ridiculous brushing teeth question... :lol:. Would love to see DG's shy smile at the mention of dating his co-star... :rolleyes:. And really want to see him playing drum! He's really good at it!! :rolleyes: Hope they are planning on producing a DVD on this event. I read that a 5-minutes unseen Warrior's Way clip was also shown...well at least that's some positive development regarding the movie... ;).

At least 3 of them look awesome and by all means, truly Hallyu stars.

JDG still has that "cute" look even at late 30's going to 40's.

hi Dramamia.....why only 3? i thought there are 4 of them up there?? :unsure:

i think DG will continue to have that 'cute' look in him even in his 50s or 60s.....it's all about his small mouth and big eyes... :rolleyes:

Guest kdramafanusa

Just saw this article at AsiaEconomy homepage, hope everything will go well..

~~~~~

Jang Dong-gun to undergo knee surgery next year

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok | kave@asiae.co.kr

기사입력 2009.12.25 10:02 최종수정 2009.12.25 10:02

2009122415121519169_1.jpg

Korean actor Jang Dong-gun [Asia Economic Daily]

Hallyu star Jang Dong-gun is scheduled to undergo knee surgery early next year, according to his agency on Thursday.

An official at AM Entertainment explained that the actor will have surgery "sometime around January or February" on his left knee, which he injured while shooting the 2004 blockbuster film "Taegukgi ".

The actor reportedly complained of being in pain while shooting action scenes or doing high-intensity workouts although he does not have much problem with daily activities. He had reportedly been planning to have the surgery since wrapping up "Good Morning President" and his Hollywood debut film "Warrior's Way".

Jang, one of Korea's top actors who starred in numerous television dramas and movies, made headlines in November after admitting to his two-year romantic relationship with Korean actress Ko So-young. The two stars have long sparked dating rumors since they appeared together in 1999 film "Love Wind, Love Song" but it was not until last month that they officially announced their status as a couple.

He is set to start shooting on a new film by Korean filmmaker Kang Je-gyu -- who directed Jang in "Taegukgi" -- next year.

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok kave@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Guest miniejungle

Happy holidays, Jangers! May this festive season bring you joy, hope and happiness!

Love Oppa in the outfits in Japan! he looks dashing!

For his surgery, hope everything goes well. at least we know he would be well taken care of! :D

Guest TY_KSW

Merry Christmas

To Mr Jang

and all beloved Janngers ^^ :lol:

Sorry, i m broken hearted these days (my own stuff :( )

i dun know about our JANGGIE having operation! :blink:

he'll be well soon! i trust!

surely Mrs Jang is always beside him ^^

wonder why he has knee operated before GETTING MARRIAGE ?? :D how ? :D

Guest TY_KSW

To Mr Jang Dong Gun and family

To all Janggers,

happynewyearagol.gif

dance3z.gifdance3z.gifdance3z.gifdance3z.gifdance3z.gif

May all the best to you in the Year 2010

Guest valley girl

hi all i want to say