Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

Guest jisung

'Typhoon' Star Up to New Challenges

Actor Jang Dong-gun Plays North Korean Pirate in New Blockbuster Movie

By Han Eun-jung

Staff Reporter

``I try not to chase after the money or popularity. I think of what is fundamental in being an actor, and as an actor I never let myself forget that I must deliver through the screen, because when I do that everything else follows.’’

copy from jangdonggun-club

Thanks babe! It's always a treat reading about this man's thoughts as he always has something deep and interesting thing to say that never fails to impress, and even that is not intentional. :) Even as everything is going his way, I don't wanna imagine him in Hollywood, not this time, not just yet, coz I haven't had nearly enough of him! For now, let him be just dong gun, lelaki idaman, right ruff? :wub:

together in mine means bersama-sama and what a waste means sayang sekali...

hahahahahha.... yup this thread become a multi language course.....hahahaha

meaning of virgin birth is very2x....makes me lol...hahahaa

Oh God all you gals are very funny and friendly............. :)

Guest TY_KSW

~very good explanation there "kababayan" Jisung :P:rolleyes::phew:

by the way, another similar word i learned between the malay and filipino/tagalog language is the word: "sama-sama" which if i'm not mistaken means: "you're welcome" in malay? but for us it means "all together"... hehehe... oppa jdg's thread turning into a multi-language tutorial course (hahaha) :lol:

Speaking about Malay... i have been told that.. dun worri to wear T shirt printed the word "Boss" on it because ur boss will wear Bossini... (Malaysian "Sini" mean "here") :w00t::vicx:

Speaking about Malay... i have been told that.. dun worri to wear T shirt printed the word "Boss" on it because ur boss will wear Bossini... (Malaysian "Sini" mean "here") :w00t::vicx:

hahhahahhahahhhaa....it happen in my country too TY...hahahahahaha :D

Guest jisung

"just sit back and relax and watch ur tummy grow" 36_1_33.gif

I adore u gals... now most of his wives need no sipsiow anymore..

thankssss to tat.. I must take this chance... once-in-1000-year chance 4_1_112.gif4_1_112.gif4_1_112.gif

:lol: Hey, I adore u too, TY! U always make me laugh which is good for the soul as most books would say! :P And don't miss ur chance, okey? Am sitting back and relaxing even as we speak! :lol:

Okey, will keep that in mind! :lol:

Had a great afternoon with u gals but gotta go! Enjoy the rest of the afternoon, eh? :)

Guest TY_KSW

Pic+Translation]JDG in China Mag World Screen

wuji01711360098451nu.jpg

wuji02011360099613ca.jpg

Credit to Dreamer at Jang-donggun.com

Source: www.adonisifc.com by lovepeace

China Magazaine "World Srcreen" Jan 2006

Korean Wave Jang Dong Gun

Meeting Jang Dong Gun the first time, his facial features are more distinct in real life than in pictures. With a slight tan, little makeup to hide his scars, and casual mix and match of his clothes, but this fits the current trend of Korean's style of fashion. Wearing a small necklace and accessories with two Buddhist beaded bracelets around his wrist become delicate detailed accessories.

Jang Dong Gun possesses a deep warm voice, needless to say his shinny eyes. Does he mind smoking during the process of the interview? To my opinion, he demonstrated an elegant posture with tilting his head to the side exhaling the smoke. This 33 years old Korea's "International Star" is one of the many that has the highest rate in exposing himself in China and Korea.

For the coming year, (JDG) played in two major movies "Promise and Typhoon" and it will premier in Asia and other countries. If he's not popular, who is?

Last year, you won the best actor award from Blue Dragon, this year do you hope and have confidence that you will win the award for best actor in "Promise" or "Typhoon"?

haha, I didn't think of this. Last year, I did not think I will receive best actor award, so I was looking forward for it. But now, I received it, I will not think or be pressured to receive the awards when filming.

"Typhoon" is named one of the heavy investments in Korea, and "Promise" counts as one of China's greatest investment of the films. Acting in such grand investments and productions, will this be your future acting direction?

This is not my future career direction. I did not purposely select big budget films. It's because I like the movie's plot/story and character. Investors planned for high budget and asked me to play the lead, and said I have influence (in the film industry). Tasks with hardships will have major pressure. Filming in a regular production, actors will not need to think a lot, acting the best I can, is all I'm asking for. Because of the big investments and profit return problem, actors and directors will be pressured and more thinkings will occur.

How do you choose among the many offered films?

When picking films, I look for the script of course, director, character, and the attractiveness of the salary. haha But most important is the director, second is the character. I will think about what I will learned after acting out this character? Some roles I acted many times and therefore will not have lessons to learn from. Therefore, this will not attract me. I will pick something that I can improve in and promote the growth of my character.

Before filming "Promise", did you see director Chen Kaige's other works? Which one do you like the best?

I saw "My Farewell Concubine" and "I am with you (He Ni Zai Yi Chi). Chen Kaige's name is very famous. For now, I like "Promise" of course. haha

Previous, (we) heard that you would like to work with international director like Chen Kaige already. How's your communication with Chen Kaige? Did you feel that Chinese films production and process are much different from Korea's?

I did look forward to collaborate with Chen Kaige. Our communication went very smoothly. Before the filming of "Promise", I was a bit worried about the differences between the filming processes in China and Korea. But when I got here and realized, there are more differences than similarities. Film is like that. Filming with anyone and anywhere is all the same, everyone placed all their effort to produce a good film. Therefore, there are little differences, it matters that every meal be Kimchi to eat. That's good enough!

Director Chen Kaige commented that you're quiet and demonstrated an outstanding performance. He also saw a child 'sense' in you. Did other directors you worked with commented the same?

I recently filmed a couple of Korea's films and all the characters need to release energy. Now many Korean directors gave me scripts that are all the same kinds. But director Chen Kaige....

to be continued ...

Translated by abltmusician for JDG English Forum Board

Guest TY_KSW

continuation

The role of Chen Kaige's Kunlun has two sides of personality. One side, he is full of energy, and the other side, he is like a child. Perhaps Chen Kaige thought I possess this type of appeal. Before there are few directors that have this kind of role for me to act in, therefore, little kids should have innocent appeal as a character.

(We) finally finished watching "Promise". Which scenes do you find that are disctinct from others or feelings from other place.

During the premier of the movie, there were many viewers. At the same time, it made me watching the movie and thought of friends. Looking at my performance, thinking back about difficulties of my role. However, the first time I watched "Promise" with a couple of people, so I felt comfortable. I discovered that there are sides that I haven't found out about myself. It's been a long time ever since I've watched my own movies and forgot my personalities. So I felt embarrassed and felt very unfamiliared. In the movie, Kunlun has a line, "the real speed is unseen, just like the sun rises, blowing of the winds, Just like you don't know when the leaves will turn yellow, babies growing their first tooth, just like you don't know when you will fall in love with someone." When I saw this part, I cried.

"Tyhpoon" and "Promise" have the same premier date in Korea, can you predict the movie that will have the higher box office?

"Typhoon" and "Promise" originally scheduled to be premiered on the same date, this of course will be the same date, when I know about this, I felt very sad, just like seeing children fighting. But now the problem is solved. "Typhoon" will be pushed a little back for premier. I think, these two movies will have good box office. Not a problem that it will surpass "TaeGukgi's" (box office).

Your role in "Typhoon" has the ugliest appearance, "Promise's" Kunlun is also as well, did you purposely act in unattractive characters, therefore showing acting abilities rather just having a pretty look?

I never thought about this, acting out in these roles is for the fun--this will be a breakthrough on their (audience) hope and imagination, they will think " oh, JDG can be this way as well.", I think it will be meaningful.

The media once placed you as "Korea's first handsome guy" and "talented actor", from the two phrases, which do you like the best?

Real effort does not depend on good looks. Acting skills can be earned from diligent work. As an actor, there is a long path, acting skills are definitely important. Therefore, I still like people complemented me as "talented actor". When I just started my career, I heard my acting skills are poor. So I am very sad, now thinking back it's nothing.

Korea now has many new emerging idols, like Jo In Sung, Won Bin, etc. Will you be pressured by these juniors?

There are no pressure from this side. Every actors will have seniors, older actors can not carry out the roles of the young characters and vice versa. So I have my positives and they have their's. Juniors who succeeds will motivate me to be more diligent. However, there is no pressure.

Translated by abltmusician for Jang Dong Gun English Forum.

Guest vannessgal

Yep, I agree he is the best Korean actor...I've seen THE PROMISE and I promise it's worth watching...but, why sometimes, in some angles, he reminds me of F4 Vic Chou??? Hmmm...

im indonesian, but i live in california...

I loved JDG performance in taegugki , it was superb :)

Hi ginachan!..Welcome to the thread!

U bet..!'Taegukgi' is ONE AWESOME korean movie ever!!

Great cast!! and u will cry buckets over them..

Yep, I agree he is the best Korean actor...I've seen THE PROMISE and I promise it's worth watching...but, why sometimes, in some angles, he reminds me of F4 Vic Chou??? Hmmm...

Heya Vannessgal!. Glad u like The Promise too.

Hahaha..ZaiZai ??..yes..they are both daymn good looking maybe!!

HI Omma Inez... u back from swim class..... ah................... wat we do for our kids...hahahah

hello everyone!!!

Audrey!..yeah just came back and it was raining..got a call from SipSiow Babe Azura..there was a short segment on JDG in CNA..unfortunately i was in the car. She apparently saw JDG while on her way back on Mobile News in a bus!!..i think it's about his promotions in Thailand..and he looked absolute heavenly!! The Thai babes know that obviously!. But i reckon there will be a rerun. So got to look out for that!.

Guest TY_KSW

F4's Vic..? :o:o

Vannessgal.. u did think so?

I find they are quite different... Cud ya show them both pix here for gals to compare? :w00t:

Guest jisung

together in mine means bersama-sama and what a waste means sayang sekali...

hahahahahha.... yup this thread become a multi language course.....hahahaha

meaning of virgin birth is very2x....makes me lol...hahahaa

Oh God all you gals are very funny and friendly............. :)

We gotta make certain ur baby grows up to be fun-loving and friendly as we all are, right? ;)

And gals, I think twas inez maman and ruff complaining about the big gorilla taking a substantial bite of Typhoon's share at the box-office, but I kinda liked that gorilla, and Adrien Brody was, as one critic put it, a "sturdy heroic presence!" :wub: Not to take anything away from the pirate of course who's just as yummy! :P

We gotta make certain ur baby grows up to be fun-loving and friendly as we all are, right? ;)

And gals, I think twas inez maman and ruff complaining about the big gorilla taking a substantial bite of Typhoon's share at the box-office, but I kinda liked that gorilla, and Adrien Brody was, as one critic put it, a "sturdy heroic presence!" :wub: Not to take anything away from the pirate of course who's just as yummy! :P

Was just telling my fren about Adrien Brody ..love that guy!!..

Sometimes when JDG was downright skinny he looked a lil' like Adrien too.. ;)

Guest jisung

Pic+Translation]JDG in China Mag World Screen

wuji01711360098451nu.jpg

wuji02011360099613ca.jpg

Credit to Dreamer at Jang-donggun.com

Source: www.adonisifc.com by lovepeace

China Magazaine "World Srcreen" Jan 2006

Korean Wave Jang Dong Gun

Meeting Jang Dong Gun the first time, his facial features are more distinct in real life than in pictures. With a slight tan, little makeup to hide his scars, and casual mix and match of his clothes, but this fits the current trend of Korean's style of fashion. Wearing a small necklace and accessories with two Buddhist beaded bracelets around his wrist become delicate detailed accessories.

Translated by abltmusician for JDG English Forum Board

Thanks for the translated article, TY honey! U and abltm, both equally hardworking gals, deserve a sweet treat from the man himself but that, sadly, has to wait! :P No mention though of what his next project could be, inez maman, but we keep our fingers crossed and hearts open for a romantic film next! :wub: Such a down to earth guy, I especially liked the hahaha part/s, meaning he has a great sense of humor! :D

Was just telling my fren about Adrien Brody ..love that guy!!..

Sometimes when JDG was downright skinny he looked a lil' like Adrien too.. ;)

U like him too, maman? Yeah, such a cool actor, too bad he goes up against an ape for a woman's affections! :P If it were me, I'd make it easy for him...I mean no need to go up against anybody... :lol: And does resemble dong gun a bit, in some shots...I kinda dig the nose too, though it can get in the way of his smooching! :phew:

Thanks for the translated article, TY honey! U and abltm, both equally hardworking gals, deserve a sweet treat from the man himself but that, sadly, has to wait! :P No mention though of what his next project could be, inez maman, but we keep our fingers crossed and hearts open for a romantic film next! :wub: Such a down to earth guy, I especially liked the hahaha part/s, meaning he has a great sense of humor! :D

U like him too, maman? Yeah, such a cool actor, too bad he goes up against an ape for a woman's affections! :P If it were me, I'd make it easy for him...I mean no need to go up against anybody... :lol: And does resemble dong gun a bit, in some shots...I kinda dig the nose too, though it can get in the way of his smooching! :phew:

Off topic babes..yeah Adrien was awesome in so many movies..like The Pianist n The Village..

yeah his nose..n JDG's ..hehehe..u know the shape of the nose has got to do with the ...other part of the anatomy?? :P ....and the smiles...yep..!!

Guest TY_KSW

yeah his nose..n JDG's ..hehehe..u know the shape of the nose has got to do with the ...other part of the anatomy?? :P ....and the smiles...yep..!!

Notty maman... :crazy::crazy: me m innocent to know nothing about wat u mean anatomy relating? :w00t::w00t: .. but it does... :vicx:

Guest jisung

Off topic babes..yeah Adrien was awesome in so many movies..like The Pianist n The Village..

Not merely the shape, maman, but the length too, I'm told! :ph34r: And the size of one's foot correlates with the size of one's oomph as well, legend has it! :blush: And The Jacket with that Brit gal! :)

Notty maman... :crazy::crazy: me m innocent to know nothing about wat u mean anatomy relating? :w00t::w00t: .. but it does... :vicx:

I thought u said u were innocent! :o But what is that big It there?! :lol:

Guest TY_KSW

Not merely the shape, maman, but the length too, I'm told! :ph34r: And the size of one's foot correlates with the size of one's oomph as well, legend has it! :blush: And The Jacket with that Brit gal! :)

OMG... those wives...

i haf read the same topic (seems tat endless topic) in hubbi Kwon n now see it in hubbi Jang..

Tsk tsk... :w00t::w00t:

Guest jisung

JDG in Taiwan - 22 & 23 Dec 2005

More new pix... his mouth shape looked like he speaking Chinese..

00529617.jpg

00529618.jpg

00529619.jpg

00529620.jpg

00529621.jpg

Credit to Dreamer at JAng-donggun.com

Source: eastday.com

Perfect any way u look at him! :wub:

Guest TY_KSW

Big It means it's big lah...

I repeat.. m innocent n demure... my boyfriend said so.. n i think he is 1000% right :w00t::w00t: