Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

Yea Jisung... U cud be wif Jang tonight... n Azura wif Kwon tonight.. Inez wif Jung Woo Sung tonight.. :lol:

bcz me tonight wif my real boy... :w00t:

I out n see ya tomorrow..

Hey, I dig those partnerships, TY, matches made in heaven, blessed by the gods! :lol:

See ya, enjoy the night or early morn with ur boy! :)

means..Man of my Dreams..babe.. :P

Thanks maman, coz in my language, it could translate to something the forum admin will not approve of and my mom will frown upon! ;) :lol:

Guest TY_KSW

649pb.jpg

Azura.. if i were her... i wudn't sit still n bite my fingers like that...

I wud... (censoreeeedd to say) wif both Jang n Jung :w00t: :w00t:

That Giordano pic makes me wanna be JJH for once!!!!!!!

JDG is the new dude in Gio Town and JJH obviously chose him over The ever macho-manly JWS...daymn!!..(well..JWS is my second idol..so it's ok..i guess..) :P ..

Great news to look forward to..we will be expecting great K/movies this year..!..First will be 'Daisy'..then 'Running Wild'..and...*screams* 'Typhoon'..!!!!

Hope to have more on JDG My Man.... :rolleyes:

Guest ruffluv109

Ruffie, what's "lelaki idaman"? It's making my head spin! :P

means..Man of my Dreams..babe.. :P

right you are, kakak!! jdg is my one and only lelaki idaman! forever and ever.... :rolleyes:

pix....he's soooo happy here.... :)

1_1134529002.jpg

2_1134529048.jpg

3_1134529164.jpg

4_1134529177.jpg

i'm just soooo in love with his looks in Hong Kong... :wub:

source: http://www.jangdonggun.com.cn

credits: www.jang-donggun.com

right you are, kakak!! jdg is my one and only lelaki idaman! forever and ever.... :rolleyes:

4_1134529177.jpg

i'm just soooo in love with his looks in Hong Kong... :wub:

source: http://www.jangdonggun.com.cn

credits: www.jang-donggun.com

Dik..i am always in love with him AND his looks in HK..in some Mongolian desert..in Phi Phi Island..in Vladivostok..anywhere and everyday of his life.. ;) ...

wj_05-loshui37.jpg

(I swear he is THE LOST Aztec King...) :rolleyes:.nobody looks HOTT in that Crimson Armour other than Jang Dong Gun..

angiejdgsin.jpg

(source from Adonis Int'l)

The HAPPIEST night of my life..... :rolleyes: !!

Guest ruffluv109

waaa...so quiet one this thread today..... :huh: ...where's everybody??? mary...still busy shopping?? TY, still busy with your real boy??come back here larrr you gals....mr. jang miss ya all larr...

Source~ News Straits Times Malaysia dated 2/1/06

The Promise of JANG

GERALD CHUAH looks past the good looks and charisma of South Korean actor Jang Dong-Guan and discovers a down-to-earth personality, eager to promote Asian culture with a mixed Asian cast in the movies he makes.

WITH an impossibly handsome face and lean figure, it is no wonder that South Korean actor Jang Dong-gun is currently one of the hottest Asian stars. Arriving at Changi International airport in Singapore recently, clad in sunglasses, a red jacket, and a beret, he looked like a million dollars. Hundreds of fans, young and old, from his Adonis fan club had been waiting for him since morning. They carried placards and wore T-shirts bearing his name.

He waved at them briefly before being whisked away. This TV star turned movie actor has won numerous best actor and popularity awards since the mid 90. Considered one of South Korea Four Heavenly Kings including Bae Yong Joon, Lee Byung Hun and Won Bin, Jang is one of the most sought after actors in South Korea today.

Famous for his TV drama All About Eve and his recent films like Taegukgi: The Brotherhood (2004), Friend (2001) and 2009 Lost Memories (2001), Jang has won international fans from Asia, North and Central America.

In November Time magazine featured him on the front cover. The magazine sold out everywhere, proving he has a large and growing fan base.

Fans claim they love him not only for his good looks, charisma, acting prowess and box-office appeal, but also his down-to-earth personality. He is humble, courteous and sincere uncommon qualities among big stars.

During his birthday bash in South Korea in March, Jang gave away 2,000 roses to his fans, which is still the talk of town until today. Besides acting he also sings and plays basketball and ice hockey.

Jang was in Singapore to promote his new movie The Promise, an epic fantasy directed by Chen Kaige whose best known work is Farewell My Concubine. The US-Chinese-Korean joint production, is one of the most expensive production to date at US$35mil (RM133mil).

The film revolves around a love triangle between a general, a princess and a slave. The story begins with a young woman Qing Cheng (Cecilia Cheung), the most beautiful princess in the world, who lives a life of luxury and is spoilt by the king.

But being cursed, she will never enjoy true love unless ime can flow backwards and the dead can come back to life

Jang plays Kunlun, a slave from the Land of Snow, who battles the odds to be with Qing, his true love. Kunlun uses his ability to run aster than the windto break the chain that fate has put on her.

The film has been getting rave reviews in China and is strongly tipped for an Oscar in Best Foreign Film at the Academy Awards. The filmmaking team includes cinematographer Peter Pau (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) and stunt coordinator Dion Lam (Infernal Affairs, Spiderman 2).

During the Press conference at the Ritz Carlton, Jang, speaking in Korean, said working on the film has been a great experience for him especially having the opportunity to act with other talented Asian actors like Cecilia Cheung, Nicholas Tse and Hiroyuki Sanada.

t was a pleasure working with this multinational cast.He hopes this collaboration will be a stepping stone towards more ground-breaking projects in the future that bring other Asian talents together.

Jang feels honoured being invited by director Chen to act in the film. He sees it as an opportunity to grow as an actor.

e spent a lot of time rehearsing and discussing the movie,he said, adding it was a learning experience working with Chen.

Besides the language barrier, Jang said another challenge was shooting for months in remote places in China.Watching the film for the first time after it was completed, Jang broke down in tears as it reminded him of the challenges he went through, and the bond of friendship he developed with the other actors.

Now that the film is a success, Jang is looking for another opportunity work with Chen and the rest of the team. Will there be Promise 2? Perhaps.

credits: Mei (jdg everland)

reposting some pics....too cute not to repost... :rolleyes:

eh051223022.jpg

eh051223023.jpg

eh051223020.jpg

daeff19b1b050572feb20ce6c8c0b159.jpg

adfbef04b94fcf7a0c11e4f1e5603408.jpg

679239.JPG

luv his smile in the last pic....like a 3 year old boy.... :wub:

one more article/interview...

source: The Junior Herald

Jang Dong-gun could be the poster boy of the “Korean Wave.” He is handsome and sophisticated. In his new film, “Typhoon,” Jang plays a North Korean defector who is refused entry into South Korea. He is eventually killed by South Korean soldiers. Here’s what Jang had to say about the film and his career as an actor.

The Junior Herald: Your character in “Typhoon” battles all types of emotions throughout the film. Was it difficult playing that character?

Jang Dong-gun: It was hard to put myself in his shoes because I had never been a defector before. But I think I did a pretty good job portraying a character who is often frustrated with his situation.

JH: What made you take on this role?

Jang: I thought it was a marvelous honor and opportunity to play this character. But it took a lot of hard work. I had to lose 7 kilograms before shooting the film.

JH: Do you like being labeled as a “pretty boy”?

Jang: There was a time when my fans only cared about the way I looked. But, thankfully, I think they are starting to change. I honestly believe that I’m getting the respect that’s reserved for good actors.

JH: Who is your role model as an actor?

Jang: I would say Tom Cruise. He is always trying to improve his acting skills. He has starred in films with great actors, such as Jack Nicholson, Robert De Niro and Dustin Hoffman. He is always trying to learn. I think I’ve also done the little things to improve myself. In 1999, I was cast in the film “Nowhere to Hide.” Although it was a tiny role, I had the chance to work with An Sung-ki and Park Joong-hoon. I think making that film was the turning point of my career.

By Yun Hyo-won

j2244lf.png

j2215rt.png

j2229he.png

ttt839ub.jpg

jangdonggun-club

Thanks for the pics..Gosh..my man really needs to put on some kilos back..but gorgeous smiling dude there..as usual.. :rolleyes: ..

Thanks for the wonderful articles Ruffie dik!!

Guest I.L.K.

HAPPY FIRST MONDAY OF THE YEAR to everyone!!! :D

how was your new year's eve/ new year's day celebrations dear JDG "angels" ;)

RUFFLUV dear >>> thank you so much for the new year greeting card with JDG & our names on it!! what a very nice way to greet the coming of the new year indeed!! :P

annyeong haseyo to all the loyal posters in this thread and let's keep on 'luving' this handsome/adorable/talented/incomparable/gorgeous man ==> jang dong gun!!! :lol:

cheers to a new year ladies & more happy days of reading & posting & bantering & sipsiowing in this soompi forums JDG thread to come! *hugz and mwah*

Guest Audrey

waaa...so quiet one this thread today.....

The Promise of JANG

eh051223020.jpg

THinks everyone SHACKED already...

LOOK at the way he walks................ so groovy!!!!

:D

Guest jisung

waaa...so quiet one this thread today..... :huh: ...where's everybody??? mary...still busy shopping?? TY, still busy with your real boy??come back here larrr you gals....mr. jang miss ya all larr...

Source~ News Straits Times Malaysia dated 2/1/06

eh051223022.jpg

eh051223023.jpg

eh051223020.jpg

daeff19b1b050572feb20ce6c8c0b159.jpg

adfbef04b94fcf7a0c11e4f1e5603408.jpg

Right u are, ruffie! Too cute not to repost! :rolleyes::PAnd I about emptied my ATM today so have to put up with just bread for the next few days! :blink:

679239.JPG

luv his smile in the last pic....like a 3 year old boy.... :wub:

Yeah, like the fan "touched" him somewhere sensitive...look at that proprietary hand on his shoulder...maybe that is an erogenous zone for him too? U should know, babe! :lol:

JH: Do you like being labeled as a “pretty boy”?

Jang: There was a time when my fans only cared about the way I looked. But, thankfully, I think they are starting to change. I honestly believe that I’m getting the respect that’s reserved for good actors.

Impossible for him not to know we love him for so many reasons besides his looks...that is mere icing! Though we constantly swoon over every pic, we do go out of our way to see his films too, even meet him in person, for most! And his films are petty tough to take, far from the kind that only caters to one's baser instincts...If that's not love, I dunno what is! ;)

JH: Who is your role model as an actor?

Jang: I would say Tom Cruise. He is always trying to improve his acting skills. He has starred in films with great actors, such as Jack Nicholson, Robert De Niro and Dustin Hoffman. He is always trying to learn. I think I’ve also done the little things to improve myself. In 1999, I was cast in the film “Nowhere to Hide.” Although it was a tiny role, I had the chance to work with An Sung-ki and Park Joong-hoon. I think making that film was the turning point of my career.

Whhoooaaa, gotta review all those Cruise films then! But I hope none of that couch-jumping, conventional pregnancy thingies when this man does finally meet his woman! :rolleyes: But why does that cause a twinge in the region of my heart, gals? :(

Typhoon Poster

ww1141lz.jpg

credit loshui37

Waaah, thanks Azura! That lee mi yeon in his arms?

And nice avie! Care to explain, please? Are those hearts? :blush:

Waaah, thanks Azura! That lee mi yeon in his arms?

And nice avie! Care to explain, please? Are those hearts? :blush:

That's me in his arms dear..... :rolleyes:

yes those are flower hearts.... :D

Guest ellabel

eh051223022.jpg

eh051223023.jpg

I agree ruff dear... too cute not to post again. :wub:

emoticonhalloall.gif

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL JANGERS!!! :wub:kissmwah.gif

Hope you all had a wonderful NY celeb. :D

FOR JANG DONG GUN ssi : WISHING YOU MORE SUCCESS IN YOUR CHOSEN CAREER, GOOD HEALTH AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS. :wub:

Guest TY_KSW

eh051223020.jpg

By Yun Hyo-won

Sooooo styllllistttttt ... Super...

Just simply but very attractive... i luv this kind... :w00t::w00t::w00t:

My man... Dong Gun Ssi... day after day i luv u more n more..

Dear babes.. dun be hesitate posting here...

THinks everyone SHACKED already...

LOOK at the way he walks................ so groovy!!!!

:D

Yeah babe.. The Man is cool indeed...but hectic day..lotsa things to do..tomorrow is Kylie's first day at school...she is cool about that

but her parents are excited..camera intact.. :P

Typhoon Poster

ww1141lz.jpg

credit loshui37

Gosh..my favourite scene of Typhoon..everytime i watch the trailer..i choke.. :tears:

Pirate Sin...don't torture me anymore..... :sweatingbullets: