Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest sushii-viet

110114 JYP’s Twitter

드림하이 찍는 도중에 갑자기 원걸 곡이 써졌다. 진짜 가슴이 두근거리고 설렌다. 얘들아 쫌~ 아주 쫌~ 좋은것 같애 기대해! 선예야 절대 니가 아침에 준 선물 때문은 아니야!

While we were filming Dream High a WG song was suddenly written. My heart is really pounding and I’m so excited. You guys I think it’s sort of~ sort of very~ good Look forward to it! Sunye-ya it’s definitely not because of the gift you gave me this morning!

Just wrote a new Wonder Girls song while shooting Dream High. So excited cuz I think it’s PRETTY good…Get ready girls!

Credit : JYPNATION@tumblr

Can't wait to heard it. What about you guys ?

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

Ah, so WG didn't really have that many unreleased English songs left in the vaults.

I wonder if they are recording the new song as a planned single or EP, though, as part of overall re-strategy.

The release date will become clearer once the accompanying MV filmshoot become public news.

I am kinda expecting the English album will be more -- & maybe completely -- Americanized since Dave Stewart & the Miley Cyrus/Britney Spears songwriters are involved.

If so, JYP's retro songs may take a backseat, but who knows what the music direction is. But IMO there is a chance the English album may not be a Kpop album.

Anyway, good to see JYP back on twitter in 2011.

It's amazing he still has 90K followers despite being dormant for the last half year. Even Sunmi couldn't top that.

- - - - - - - - - -

Kinohimitsu, one of the sponsors of the Malaysian concert, posted a WG photoessay of the event at its Taobao (a China e-shopping mall) portal.

t21fzxbfbxxxxxxxx449765.jpg

t1as4yxc0uxxb1upjx.jpg

10年12月11日,Kinohimitsu赞助WonderGirls在马来西亚的演唱会... ("On December 11 2010, KINOHIMITSU helped sponor WG's Malaysian concert..."

t1l4ryxnxkxxb1upjx.jpg

wonder girls永远都是那么的活力,仿佛有用不完的热情。她们每天都有饮用 kinohimitsu的习惯,这次在马来西亚的演唱会也收到了来自Kino的赞助,看看姑娘们是多么的开心和惊喜啊~ ("WG are forever so vibrant, seemingly possessing endless enthusiasm. They drink KINOHIMITSU every day, & KINO also helped sponsor their Malaysian concert. Look at how happy & surprised they girls are~")

t1i34yxartxxb1upjx.jpg

Love WonderGirlS, Love Kinohimitsu.

t1eoxyxhbexxb1upjx.jpg

WULI KINO在马来西亚很是热卖哦!"Our KINO is a bestseller in Malaysia!"

t1bn0yxh8jxxb1upjx.jpg

t1lndyxllrxxb1upjx.jpg

拿到QQ饮,看她们开心死啦^_^ ("Look at how happy the girls are at the sight of our cool drink")

t1iyxyxnvgxxb1upjx.jpg

I Want Nobody But You

t1p3hyxmbcxxb1upjx.jpg

热情的歌迷们&可爱的BB饮 ("Enthusiastic fans & our lovely BB Drink")

t1qmvyxk0uxxb1upjx.jpg

有了KINO的滋润,WG会越来越美丽,越来越性感...... ("With KINO moisture, WG will become more beautiful, more sensuous....")

t17xryxldkxxb1upjx.jpg

Fighting WonderGirls

Source: http://bangpai.taoba...05-24900984.htm

Guest valentino_rossi46

Sun visit JYP this morning? That means she's in Korea now

Recently, always Jane, LimSoBin together, so I wonder where's 2YE now :)

followjyp JY Park

I'm the most low-profile among the musicians and producers making the WG's new album. So get ur hopes up and hold tight everyone!

1 hour ago

So I think JYP song will not be the tittle song for American album :)

Guest wonderr23

dm496p.jpg

awww...JY defining himself as the most low-profile composer of WG's upcoming album. Aigoo..i really don't think of him that way. But coming from the man himself, i guess we can expect the best of the best! I truly can't wait for the album. JY and WG hwaiting!!

-----

Jo Kwon tweeted this

29zq4pl.jpg

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

JYP hints at a Wonder Girls comeback

After nearly half a year since the release of ‘2 Different Tears’ with tours in both America and Asia, it looks like the Wonder Girls may make their return to the music scene shortly. JYP Entertainment CEO Park Jin Young (JYP) recently hinted as much on his twitter account.

He tweeted:

“Just wrote a new Wonder Girls song while shooting Dream High. So excited cuz I think it’s PRETTY good…Get ready girls!

In addition, it seems JYP will take a back seat in the production of the Wonder Girls new album as he later tweeted:

“I’m the most low-profile among the musicians and producers making the WG’s new album. So get ur hopes up and hold tight everyone!”

It’s going to be interesting to see what the Wonder Girls can bring this time around.

cr: all kpop

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

i hope their new song gonna be huge hit <<333

and i hope to see them in variety shows and radios :rolleyes:

can't wit

WG FIGHTING

Guest infinite7

First of all I gotta say I love Sunye's maybe for the OST of Dream High. Ive always loved her voice. Secondly Im really excited for the new Wonder Girls album. I cant wait to hear it. They can come back and dominate with their style and charisma. Ive missed it so much.

Guest jcsmark

[Real Wonder Girls] Cutie Lim in LA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s8GrGXWnrY&feature=sub

Lim: Hi! We’re at a hotel in L.A.! The weather is so nice today and right now we’re going to meet Nick Jonas from the Jonas Group. And then we’re meeting with a producer.

Camera: Is today the first time you’re meeting Nick Jonas?

Lim: Actually, I met him once before when we started doing 2 Different Tears…

Camera: Oh! We’re waiting for a car…

Yenny and Sun: Hi

Camera: And…

Lim: But…it’s going to be the first time I speak with him and stuff…

Yenny: Are you nervous!!?

Lim: No… not really nervous

Camera: Do you like him?

Lim: [Nod] yes….

Credit: http://www.wondergirlsworld.com/video_mu/?p=733

^

So WG did visit with Jonas Group during their West Coast jaunt. (They have offices in Dallas & LA.)

Thanks for posting.

Sun visit JYP this morning? That means she's in Korea now

So I think JYP song will not be the tittle song for American album :)

Nope, the timeline doesn't match. Jane tweeted she was at LA's & then at NYC's JFK airports that day.

Whereas Yoobin tweeted she was at the airport (didn't mention which one) the next day.

So JYP must be in California or New York to receive Sunye's gift.

The former destination seems more plausible, since WG was in LA for at least 5 days to -- as WG's latest video blog reveals -- liaise with Jonas Group & also a music producer. (His presence would be needed for both purposes.)

JYP's recent tweets also seem to hint he's in the studio, so WG might have been recording new songs in LA as well. (JYP was modest about his contribution, so it appears he may be letting other music producers run the sessions.)

If JYP is in Korea instead, then someone must have passed the gift to him & he tweeted Sunye to let her know.

EDIT: I am starting to get the hang of Jane's 4SQ tweets now.

She always mentions how many people are with her flights; I used to think she was referring to WG's entourage. That's erroneous; I think she is alluding to her co-passengers instead.

Here is Jane's flight timeline the past week, from newest to oldest.

She had tweeted WG was flying with her from Santa Ana to the Monster Cable event (Jan 8). So the girls were in California for at least one day prior (if they flew over with Jane on Jan 5). Longer, if they had headed there earlier. After the CES show, they would again spend another 4 days in LA.

JFK Airport (New York, NY) - 1/13 - arrival

LA International Airport (CA) - 1/13 - departure

Bob Hope Airport (Burbank, CA) - 1/9 - arrival

McCarran International Airport (Las Vegas, NV) - 1/9 - departure

John Wayne Airport (Santa Ana, CA) - 1/6 - departure

JFK Airport (New York, NY) - 1/5 - departure

Guest i.said.goodbye

I'm so excited to finally hear some news about their album.

I really hope it doesn't get pushed back any more.

Is it possible that the song that JYP wrote will be used as a song for their Korean comeback rather then the American album??

BTW don't wonder girls have a performance in china today??

WG in rehearsal, tweeted via Weibo about 2 hours ago.

676d440ajw6ddd6jii479j.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Saw someone tweeting a negative fan encounter on Weibo.

Said her cousin & fellow dance students are also recording for LiaoningTV, but WG's manager refused their requests for autographs & group photos.

Skipping the many resulting unkind remarks, but she also mentioned WG wore heavy makeup -- which in hindsight might be a deliberate insult too, or maybe the girls went down straight from the airport but wanna hide their jet lag.

EDIT: Still dunno whether it's a recording or a live telecast (tonight).

The tweets by those at the scene alluded to "recording", though.

Girls’ Generation’s “Oh!” and Wonder Girls’ “Nobody” play at Qatar

On January 14th, South Korea had a match with Australia in the Asian Cup, a World Cup just for Asian and Oceania countries. The match was held in the Al Gharafa Stadium in Qatar.

The Korean fans sitting in the stadium were greeted with a pleasant surprise when Girls’ Generation’s “Oh!,” Wonder Girls’ “Nobody” and Supreme Team’s “Deng Deng Deng” were played over the stadium’s speakers. It was an act to entertain and relax both the crowd and the athletes, and many people in the crowd sang together with the music.

source: Sports Chosun

via: koreaboo

darn, i missed this match!

------------

Idol Group Fan Club Member

bigbangdaumfancafe.jpg

cr. yeppopo@wordpress

------------

Wonder Girls' Nobody was 2nd the most used song for MBC “The Great Rebirth” global auditions. Source HERE

hope the next WG single will be hit and popular as much as 'never-ending-nobody fever'

^

My first comment about the Daum cafe rankings.

Honestly, I was not bothered with them all this while. (More so, after learning how to explore the Korean search engines a few months ago.)

Pre-2010, I don't think overseas Kpop fans were that preoccupied either.

These DIY compilations only became an obsessive topic internationally last year, perpetuated by English-language blogs & then spread to message boards.

They are okay for casual reading, but are flawed in reflecting Korean total fan popularity.

3 reasons:

• Foremost, only a Kpop group's top fancafe is included. In WG's case, it's Byulha in Wonder Girls (aka wg070210). But several idol groups have multiple popular fancafes at Daum. In WG's case, WonderFul would rank inside the top 20 & Wondercuty inside the top 30 as well. All in all, a few prominent artistes will easily dominate the compiled lists if every fancafe is considered.

• Daum cafes have varying membership policies, ranging from liberal/open-door to conservative/exclusive. (You must register a Daum account & then apply to be admitted into each individual Cafe.)

• Popular fan communities also exist domestically outside of Daum cafes.

I did a quick search & here are the most popular WG cafes (at least 1K members) at Daum.

Omitted the other JYP family, music video & Kpop fancafes who also tagged WG.

Apologies for any left out.

URL                           Created    Members Fancafe in Hangul

cafe.daum.net/wg070210        2007.10.28 102,484 별하。in Wonder Girls☆

cafe.daum.net/WonderFul       2007.10.15  61,899 WonderFul

cafe.daum.net/wondercuty      2007.10.28  37,899 원더걸스 월드

cafe.daum.net/ahnsohee92      2007.10.28  31,144 안소희 공식 팬카페[라크슈미]

cafe.daum.net/sunmeLOVE       2006.12.21  13,698 순수미소 천사 선미 in 원더걸스

cafe.daum.net/WonderGirlsYeen 2007.01.17   6,375 박예은 청월가련★

cafe.daum.net/wondergirls07   2007.09.04   6,158 김유빈 공식팬카페 ‘프리지아’

cafe.daum.net/twoinloveY      2007.04.15   5,840 The wonder city ; 19픽션[Two In Love Y]

cafe.daum.net/Wondergirls     2006.12.18   5,500 RYUGABINMU ★ 우혜림

cafe.daum.net/sunye           2001.07.15   4,871 투명천사민선예

cafe.daum.net/hyuna1          2006.12.18   3,904 김현아팬카페ː화유휘인♡

cafe.daum.net/wgmiso          2007.10.25   3,741 Always Smile: 소희♡선미의 [다정다감]

cafe.daum.net/minahn          2007.07.25   1,204 민안커플이 후원합니다: [Cherish*]

cafe.daum.net/revolyepark     2007.08.03   1,142 [Revolution 박예은_★]

cafe.daum.net/MinSunYe        2007.02.24   1,057 민선예개인파1호ː17茶파♪

Source: http://search.daum.n...ab&ResultType=1

Other Korean WF communities (non-Daum cafes) that come to mind; they have been highlighted here before.

http://wondergirls.jype.com/

http://www.wonderholic.com/

http://kimyubin88.com/

http://gall.dcinside...?id=wondergirls

http://920901.com/

http://sunme.mireene.com/

- - - - - - - - - -

As for the skewered DIY listings, I actually did a year-on-year comparison sometime after Xmas.

Almost posted my results then, but ultimately decided not to. Doubted it would discourage anyone from re-posting future compiled rankings. LOL

But -- gotta say this -- as far as the Kpop groups' top Daum fancafes go, some 9 in 10 suffered declining membership numbers in the past year.

Biggest slump was 2PM's (around 71,000: understandable), Suju's (around 62,000: shocking) & Shinhwa's (59,000).

BigBang's also suffered greatly until a remarkable December, when I think some 30,000 joined up following their members' respective comebacks.

They are still down 20,000 year-on-year, though. TVXQ's & SS501's are also down at about 26,000.

SHINee, FT Island & f(x) are down at between 10,000 & 16,000.

WG's (i.e. Byulha's) is down 7,000 year-on-year. Relatively negligible -- despite the despairing  reactions here at soompi over the months -- compared to rivals in the  top 15.

But, most discouragingly perhaps, Byulha did not experience any popularity revival during the 2DT comeback. Only stemmed the gradual hemorrhaging numbers over 2 months or so.

B2ST's was the biggest climber last year, adding almost 91,000. MBLAQ also did well, improving by some 20,000. They -- & momentarily BigBang -- were the only idols to reverse the declining popularity trend at Daum.

SNSD (10,000), 2NE1 (3,000) & Kara (5,000) also saw modest increases, but not enough to completely discount monthly fluctuations. Still, 2NE1's own comeback did not see a spike in fancafe numbers neither, despite their chart success & successor-in-waiting status.

WG recording for LiaoningTV. Not live telecast.

The Weibo twitterer is one of the show emcees. She mentioned WG wore headsets & sang live.

4d5ad568jw6dddgzbj9dxj.jpg

Cr: as tagged.

Wow, they look so slim. The trio wearing belts (YeBinLim) show off very small waistlines.

53f1d5e4tw6dddlathy5uj.jpg

53f1d5e4jw6dddgm0msorj.jpg

5418ed66jw6dddgvn7jcij.jpg

554cdbb7jw6dddgrodvr4j.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - -

The sender of the following pics identified himself as from Shenyang Evening News, possibly a reporter covering the event.

477e771btw6dddlucrnsaj.jpg

477e771btw6dddlthfauwj.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

This sender said WG recorded 2 songs.

WG is doing the 'Nobody' move here, so it must be the other song.

537ba471jw6dddgs048gpj.jpg

Cr: tagged

- - - - - - - - - - -

This sender quoted the 2DT Chinese version chorus he heard.

Otherwise I don't think he knows WG or the song title.

443dc159jw6dddgog49xrj.jpg

443dc159jw6dddgji7deej.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - -

Another rehearsal fanpics from earlier.

676d440atw6dddf5boh11j.jpg

4a935e71jw6ddd6taqytyj.jpg

63699e17jw6ddd6fk9r97j.jpg

Cr: as tagged.

- - - - - - - -

Backstage pass for performers.

It lists the said identification, the CNY event name (top), plus the venue (Liaoning Grand Theatre) & effective dates (Jan 11~15) for the pass at the bottom.

62bcc44ejw6ddby4wxhdtj.jpg

A couple of non-WG pics, for context.

61e39e2djw6ddc7a1ttyej.jpg

443dc159jw6dddbtfnpuwj.jpg

Guest GreenTeaGraffiti

I really like what JYP and the Wonder Girls are doing.  Instead of hitting up Japan, where many other Korean artists venture (like SHINee will be doing this year too), they are concentrating on the US and now China.  I was watching a season 6 episode of "So you think you can dance?" and they were the featured artist singing "Nobody".  The Americans that are first introduced to Kpop through that show (and others) did give "Nobody" high acclaim after the show.

I just hope they come back to Seoul for a concert sometime this year in 2011.

Let's come their new songs are a success in 2011 too!  

Guest wonderful ♡

I have to agree with qoxie. Ngl, I was one of those people who was bothered by the fluctuating number of WG's fancafe and I kept worrying about their decreasing popularity in Korea. I've learned not to... care as much because, as many as the numbers in some of the fanclubs, a huge portion of the members may not even be active. And really, I think WG are still relevant to the public, albeit not as much as the time when they were active in Korea. I want to make comparisons but this is a WG thread and I don't think it's right to bring up names of other groups. Let's just say that there may be groups who have higher fancafe rankings than WG, but the public don't really pay much attention to them. They have large fanbases, yes (this is where they get their huge album sales, etc) but they're not popular with the general masses.

The only thing I'm worried about is them losing that relevancy with the public. Which is why they need to make a comeback as soon as possible so Korea don't forget about them and for them to prove that they're not in the "weak four" (referring to the "Which girl band will rule the charts in 2011?" article).

I really like what JYP and the Wonder Girls are doing.  Instead of hitting up Japan, where many other Korean artists venture (like SHINee will be doing this year too), they are concentrating on the US and now China.  I was watching a season 6 episode of "So you think you can dance?" and they were the featured artist singing "Nobody".  The Americans that are first introduced to Kpop through that show (and others) did give "Nobody" high acclaim after the show.

I just hope they come back to Seoul for a concert sometime this year in 2011.

Let's come their new songs are a success in 2011 too!  

I agree with u I'm also glad that WG did not enter the Japanese market b/c I think it will be a matter of time before the hallyu wave die in Japan and with all of the debuts of Korean idols in Japan I don't think the girls will be shine that much but in China there is no Korean female group active except for our girls and I believe now Wonder Girls are very big there since they invited to perform in many big events and concerts plus they are paid lots of money just perform in concerts and events I also think it will be a smart idea for JYP to make the girls promote their American album in China

Archived