Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

It is already July 27 in this part of the world, so WG will land in Chengdu (GMT +8, same as SG) later today.

I read on Baidu that there were already a group of Sichuan WFs waiting at the airport -- some rushing down straight after work -- just in case the girls flew in on either of the July 26 evening flights.

They did not. (I think WG would have also tweeted ahead, as fan service & also to create some arrival buzz.)

2qntlkm.gif

Source: http://www.cdairport...chedule_a_2.jsp (July 26 flights)

Chengdu's airport website has yet to update its daily flight info, so I check for Seoul airport's.

The latter has the relevant July 27 flights. I am 99 percent sure WG will take the Asiana one.

Lousy timing for the airport WFs, though. The flight time is 3.5~4 hours, so I think WG will clear immigration at midnight.

2n1hoqg.gif

Source: http://www.airport.k...mm2=50&airline= (July 27 flights)

Otherwise it makes sense.

WG's itinerary has them in Chengdu from July 27~29.

The Chengdu Polar Ocean World 成都极地海洋世界 grand opening is on July 28.

(The soft opening was over the weekend. A number of Chinese websites reported the latter on Sat/Sun, following English websites on Monday.)

WG is supposed to grace the opening-night event, which is logically set for July 28 (since WG won't arrive the day earlier.)

BTW Looks like the Chengdu event is a private/corporate function.

There is no publicity about WG's involvement, ditto the dinner party. (Reminiscent of the Sanya trip earlier this year.)

I tweeted a pic of the theme park yesterday.

28jipfb.jpg

- - - - - - - - -

adikkeluangman -- No, JYP did not join the Sony Ericsson ambassadorial trips, inc. to SG. Why would he?

But the MTV event is different, & also on another prestige level.

WG will be participating in their own name, & I won't be surprised if JYP shows up too, to bask in the limelight & to network.

As I recall, he wanted to go down last year but was tied up with the Jobros tour. He sent 2AM instead for the post-show party.

yunniesammie -- Yeeun has some Chinese nicknames, which are mostly similar to the English or romanized ones: Queen 女皇 (more informally 皇儿 or Queenie in context), Park Oppa, Park Yosa 朴女士, Park Appa 朴爸爸.

There are also a few of the more obscure which you see, say, in subbed clips (in Korean, or from Korean to Chinese): 搞笑中心 aka Comedy Central, 朴松垮 aka 'Sloppy' Park (not sure its origin), 朴大狼 aka Park the Wolf (attributed to 2YE fans, who also call Sunye 闵狐狸 aka Min the Fox).

The ones that stick mostly these days, from 'Nobody' & the Jobros tour onwards, are Queen or Queenie, as in Queen of Fan Service, Queen of Food, etc.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

Keep the food away from Yeeun when WG goes to Taiwan ....

(Wonder if they will meet up with Wilber Pan again?)

27ysrd3.png

Source: http://gb.udn.com/gb...6/5745997.shtml

Marketing Kaohsiung: Tourism bureau is active with summer activities

United Daily News reporter Yang Rujia / Kaohsiung news

2010.07.26 03:56am

Kaohsiung's tourism bureau is making use of the school summer vacation to enthusiastically promote the city. Even a Korean entertainment company's MUSIF 2010 concert in Kaohsiung is deemed a major promotional activity. Using Germany's Oktoberfest & China mainland's Qingdao Beer Festival as archetype, the tourism bureau hopes to build an International Beer City image for Kaohsiung.

The 'Kaohsiung Beer Festival' at the Kaohsiung Dream Mall is due to end on August 1. The 'Kaohsiung Shopping Festival' is set to begin on July 31 & will go on until August 22. On August 22 evening, Korea's well-known entertainment company JYP is holding its 'MUSIF 2010' concert at Kaohsiung Arena. The tourism bureau is lining up the latter as the 'finale' of this year's food festival.

Last night's beer-festival event saw Tiger Huang 黄小琥 as the main performer. The organizer also added beer-drinking games & house parties, heating up the summer holiday nights in Kaohsiung.

Besides the 'Kaohsiung Food Festival' souvenirs by the tourism bureau, when compared to previous campaigns the public has been most receptive to shop & deparment-store promotions.

Together, the tourism bureau & private businesses are offering 'Good-tasting food buys 食在好购味' discount coupons. During the July 31 to August 22 campaign, 13 department stores in Kaohsiung are giving concessions to shoppers who spend NT$2,000. There are also lucky draws with cars, imported furniture, hi-fi sets & '5-day Phuket (Thailand) holiday packages' as top prizes.

Korean girl group WONDERGIRLS of 'Nobody' fame in Asia is part of JYP Entertainment. This year, JYPE is holding their first-ever concerts in Taiwan, with the Kaohsiung show set for August 22. In addition to WONDERGIRLS, the other performers are fellow-company & currently popular boy band 2PM; the all-Korean download chart-conquering girl group MISS A; RAIN's proteges the boy band MBLAQ; & company director JYP who is also a singer.

Kaohsiung's tourism bureau is aware that these idol groups are beloved by domestic K-poppers. They can stimulate Kaohsiung's entertainment consumption. Thus, it is enthusiastically helping with the publicity, with hopes that the fans from the north can head southwards to watch the show.

- - - - - - - - - -

Korea Times says after debut episode on July 29, subsequent MTV episodes to air every Saturday starting August 7.

2ynfo5l.gif

Source: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/special/2010/07/178_70170.html

I found this wonderful video shot during Honolulu's first concert.

First row, fan service feast, lots of spazzing, and Mark PD in the end. Pretty cool.

wonder girls hawaii TOUCHING lucky fans like me YAY!

Source: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlPhaKeNNyMaNn

(he's the same guy that danced tell me for MTV Korea cams)

--

Wow, 300.095 Facebook fans! It could be more than the numbers of registered K-wonderfuls at the peak. Good job girls.

Guest qoxie

WG in ELLE atZINE 'TV Star's How to Wear' fashion feature.

2njcs8.gif

ild18m.gif

29n9yew.gif

28l8bpt.gif

2ed2wev.gif

16bys07.gif

Source: http://www.atzine.com/jsp/atzine/view_contents.jsp?cont_id=SVC10070000000032613

view_contents.jsp?cont_id=SVC10070000000032613

Guest ariadne32391

tnx everyone for the update.. :D can't wait for the 2 shows of the wonder girls... i just wished i could understand korean... 

though i'm still gonna watch it raw.. yeahh. i'm that excited.. ahahah

anyways, gonna share some of my fave pics of them since someone suggested it.. to keep the thread alive.. :D

Now, this pic is very meaningful to me.. THIS IS THE VERY REASON I BECAME A WONDERFUL..

when i saw this kid dancing in Star King.. and also, mostly because of Yubin's dorkiness.. i became a wg fan.. :D

(yes, yubin is my first bias.. but sun mi pulled me over.. :D they're both my biases.. :D )

10429_1250964835966_1284846519_699316_1429653_n.jpg

MISO <3 they look like sisters here.. 

b9ccbcd29.gif

i just love this pic.. :D

20080820_wondergirls_medium.jpg

i like all their photoshoots for EXR.. :D

31405_120616467960647_109696259052668_195764_5374834_n.jpg

Hi, my friend has extra tickets to SingFest for the 3rd August show and would like to sell it for $120.

If you are interested, please email me at zaxxy_23@yahoo.com.sg.

Thank you.

Guest xD_YiYi

fake?

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6778/imag0144q.jpg

Hmm..to me..only Yubin's n Yenny's autograph looks real..the rest i'm not too sure~ Might be "marker" issue..lols

Guest valentino_rossi46

@tommy: Yu Bin,Sun Ye, SO Hee is similar to mine, Ye Eun is different, and Lim's very different, Lim's signature is very simple but the way she sign her is so simple

But it's can be real one, cuz Ye Eun's sign for me is different this one, but also different compared to my friend and her sign at the 1st page, maybe because she must sign a lot so she make it more simple

Guest topsyujah

fake?

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6778/imag0144q.jpg

it's real. those cds were the one's that were sold on the wonder girls' presale site a little after the jonas brothers' tour. it's a limited edition cd (a few thousand or less signed i remember) with a special number on the cd. i know this because i have one and you can tell they shortened their signatures because they signed every single cd :)

oh, and the signature on sunmi is actually sunmi's, not lim's.

Guest tommy96814

it's real. those cds were the one's that were sold on the wonder girls' presale site a little after the jonas brothers' tour. it's a limited edition cd (a few thousand or less signed i remember) with a special number on the cd. i know this because i have one and you can tell they shortened their signatures because they signed every single cd :)

cool. i got worried because when i look at the cd inside the paint is coming off lol and the signatures ... well i'm so used to seeing their current signatures i guess lol and i forgot lim was not on there i was expecting to see hers and that heart thingy that she does with hers.

Guest qoxie

Relevant July 27 flight info at the Chengdu airport website.

The Air China flight is not listed (Seoul airport still includes it).

The earlier expected arrival is the Asiana plane.

mw4dx5.gif

Source: http://www.cdairport.com/cdairport/front/schedule_a_2.jsp

- - - - - - - - - -

'MTV Wonder Girls Season 4' To Broadcast

2010-07-27

The cable channel MTV delivered the news on July 26 that it  will broadcast the first episode of “MTV Wonder Girls Season 4,” which  will portray the story of the girl group "Wonder Girls," on July 29.The program will introduce how the Wonder Girls, who have advanced to  the world music industry, are performing and how they are living their  lives in the United States. Their homes in New York and their practicing  studio will be unveiled on the program.

In particular, it will present the preview of the Wonder Girls’  concert entitled “World Stage Live in Malaysia,” which will be held in  Malaysia on July 31. At the concert, which more than 15,000 audiences  members are expected to attend, the Wonder Girls will perform as the  representative singers of Korea, and they will perform along with  American singer Katy Perry and German pop rock band Tokio Hotel on the  same stage.

The production staff members are planning to show not only their  performances onstage, but also their natural appearances in a meeting  with Malaysian fans and at the resort while taking a rest. The program  will be produced with a total of five episodes, and after the first  episode is aired on July 29 at 10 pm, the other episodes beginning from  the second episode will be aired every Saturday night at 8 pm from  August 7.

MTV had already aired the program entitled “MTV Wonder Girls” from  the first season to the third season, and they had introduced the Wonder  Girls’ everyday life through the program starting from 2006.

A production staff member said, “We had focused on their cute  appearances on and off the stage up until now, but we are planning to  introduce the Wonder Girls’ music that has been developed so far in  season 4.”

Source: http://english.kbs.c...ew.html?No=7459

Guest valentino_rossi46

Oh I think it's the new CD that Lim sign, i wrong

Cuz the way Sun Mi sign is super super complicated, like hẻ 4D character lol, i saw my friend CD that she sign and i wonder how many minute for her to sign 1 cuz it's so complicated lol, maybe this is the reason now she sign like that, so simple leh :P

Sun Ye twitter:

WGsun

Red bean Bingsoo!!in summer! http://twitgoo.com/1eme0g

Guest qoxie

I read about the story behind Yoobin's recent fangifts (which she tweeted about) at the WGHK board.

The 2 boxes were sent by "bored" & "alright", 2 Yoobinians from the kimyubin88.com forum.

Why did Yoobin bow as she did?

Cuz they had jokingly wrote on the attached photo [translating from the Chinese here]: "We are very poor! You are richer than us! We have saved very hard to buy these for you. So when you open them, please bow 3 times in front of the gifts."

The 2 K-WFs were just hoping Yoobin would acknowledge their affections, & did not think she would really follow through with the instructions!

x545zm.jpg

Cr: kimyubin88.com + kimyubin.marlito.com (HK Yoobinians) + Gniyiehsm @ WGHK

- - - - - - - - - -

A Baidu fan account (credit: 安昭粪) said Chengdu WFs learned yesterday morning that WG is booked to stay at the Regal Master Hotel 富豪首座酒店. The tip-off was by hotel staff.

Some 30something guests (presumably JYPE staff) then checked in at 1pm, prompting the ad-hoc fan scramble to the airport later in the evening.

But it was a futile wait.

- - - - - - - - - -

WGW fixed their official photo gallery.

Here are their Honolulu, HI uploads.

ri89rr.jpg

ny7kuh.jpg

33o5gfd.jpg

29wwu8h.jpg

sav2fr.jpg

33kx1zk.jpg

2wpkp3n.jpg

vsl4wl.jpg

2dsid0p.jpg

Guest qoxie

^

I think it will be like the 'Where In The World Are The Wonder Girls?" shorts.

- - - - - - - - -

WG page at cambio.com

There's about it with their coverage, really. (JYPE outsourced to them the tour photos.) Blah.

axfuq8.gif

Source: http://www.cambio.co...ts/wonder-girls

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

2rgflh5.gif

Source: http://www.mb.com.ph...aysia-singapore

- - - - - - - - - -

Found some newly-uploaded pics.

They are from the Seattle concert (Moore Theatre, June 30).

wlsyyo.jpg

23wogtt.jpg

34y77yf.jpg

27ypqx1.jpg

33aruci.jpg

2h88qyp.jpg

29bf53k.jpg

2qktjrt.jpg

Source: http://natewatters.com/?p=588

Guest WGkeon

^^

I think its something JYPE came up with coz 2pm also came up with REAL 2pm maybe 2am and miss A will follow soon.

Archived