Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest songbird86

^Hmmmm.... I guess I'm of the notion that if they are dating then I'm happy for them. And if they aren't, they aren't. Not really anyone's business, especially if they're of age and their superiors don't seem to care.

EXR is coming to the states!!! (SCREAMS) I love their clothes, i love the WGs.... this is too awesome. Any idea when the launch date is, cause I need to save up some money.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope the news of DongHae and SUnye doesn't make a big headline as Taecna couple coz it's so fake and make DongHae and Sunye's current friendship becomes awakward. They are still young and time will tell. if they mean for each other, they will be ..lol...

btw, i'm new here so i want to ask when will WG come back to Korea? as much as i'm happy that they're doing well in US, i still hope they sang in Korean and attend TV show :))....

Something about a EXR-Pucca-WG clothing line for the USA, I think.

That's news! Pucca is a well-known brand worldwide.

In Europe the Pucca cartoon serirs has been aired since 2006 on Disney's Jetix channels; since around year 2000 Pucca merchandise has been available in specialty stores here in Milan -- for me and I guess many other Italians it has been the first Korean entertainment/cultural product available.

This could be another good promotional stunt for the Wonder Girls if well executed.

I did some search and noticed that Warner Bros Consumer Products launched a Pucca fashion line this spring in NY and in the West Coast. So EXR is going to compete against WB adding the Wonder Girls to the mix? I'm curious to see how this will develop, also considering that there's Justice (now part of Dress Barn) that is selling Wonder Girls items.

--

@verona -- it's not easy to guess when the Wonder Girls will return to Korea and settle there for a while.

They have one week left touring the US, then some dates in Asia and their plan is to ready and launch the new album during Fall. Apparently there's time available, but since 2009 they consistently kept NY as their "home" during the times in between concerts and other activities.

Guest qoxie

FYI There is Internet buzz in the last few hours that WG, 2PM & MBLAQ will perform 2 shows in Taiwan come August 21 & 22 (in Taipei & Kaohsiung respectively).

Trying to verify this, cuz the announcements were posted & then deleted.

Okay, I'll lay out the info out there. NB. NOTHING IS CONFIRMED YET.

The ticketing agent's notice was posted here . It has been withdrawn, but a splattering of blogs & message boards still link to it.

The concert organizer has nothing at its website, but has a denotation at its Facebook. (The wall messages are just posted MVs, plus spazzing fans in the comment sections.)

The venues are quite spacious: 30,000 & 15,000 capacity, respectively.

no9h8i.gif

Very Aspect (organizer) links:

http://www.veryaspect.com/home

http://www.facebook.com/VeryAspect.X

Era Ticket (ticketing) links:

http://www.ticket.com.tw/

http://www.ticket.co...p?P1=0000010856

Credit: WGTW community

Guest sunmikiwangjang

I'm trying to keep this thread alive so just follow

Your changing views about wg

At first- I saw Sunye on Manwon Happiness. At this time I was out of Kpop except for those singers who have been out for a long time. I didn't care about the newbies but when I saw Sunye, that changed. WG was different. It was the first time I saw a girl group around my age in kpop. They were so lively and fresh. Sunye blew me away with her singing. I thought, "wow these girls are cool". I liked Irony but that didn't really pull me back into kpop.

Then- Although I wasn't in kpop i occasionally watched some music shows. Then suddenly I thought I should watch Music Bank for some odd music so I downloaded it. Thats when I saw the Epic BB and WG Tell me and Lies Special Stage. Now that was something. I was like in AWW. I loved it. THat not only pulled me back into kpop, but now as an obsessed wg fan. They were just amazing. I didn't even know tell me until that performance and i remembered that these were the girls that I saw a few months back. my wg obsesssion begins.

Then Cont.- I started to watch all the shows wg was on and even went back to watch mtv seasons 1 & 2. Immediately Sunmi caught my eye. She reminded me of Ha Ji Won who is my fav actress. Sunmi was cute and extremely weird. I loved it. Thats when I started entering the world of fansites. soompi, wgspectacle, sunmijjang. I just wanted to know the girls better and be more involved.

SO HOT- This song is amazing. From the beginning of the song with the first few notes, i just knew this was a hit. I loved the concept and everything about it. I hate cockiness but as the girls said, it was supposed to a funny cockiness. They did it once again.

Nobody but wg- Nobody was an amazing song and I am so proud of what that song did for the girls. The girls were already popular overseas in Asia but I think this is the song that really got their spot on top.

Now- now its not just about being a fan of them, i respect them. Unlike others, these girls went through so many hardships they had to overcome. Not just long trainee days or rumors, these girls went through a car accident, family members passing away, members leaving, health issues, living in another country. I respect the girls more than any other because I knew that they truly earned their spot.

Guest qoxie

WG is definitely going to Taiwan.

The August dates are still unconfirmed, but Hualien County officials have announced that the girls will perform a free 30-minute set at their Summer Carnival 夏戀嘉年華 concert on July 23.

10ngu12.png

Source: http://udn.com/NEWS/...2/5721160.shtml

Hope I translated the local references correctly.

WONDERGIRLS "Korean wave" will sweep Hualien [pun on 'Hallyu' 韓流 & 'Lotus' 花蓮 respectively]

United Daily News / reporter Fan Zhenhe / Hualien County report

2010.07.13 04:09am

They were a sensation when they visited Taiwan in late April. Korean girl-group WONDERGIRLS will be back again. This time, they are to perform a free 30-minute set for Hualien County's major summer event, the 'Summer Carnival' 夏戀嘉年華 concert, on July 23.

During yesterday morning's 'Summer Carnival' press conference. Hualien County head Fu Kunqi enthusiastically announced WONDERGIRLS's visit to Hualien. They will perform classics like 'Nobody' as well as songs from their new album '2 Different Tears'. Fu Kunqi welcomes WONDERGIRLS fans nationwide to come down to Hualien on the day to sightsee & to enjoy a top-notch show.

WONDERGIRLS's showcase will be at Feng Lin Junior High School 鳳林國中 in the central district of Hualien County. The fans have already begun hooking up via the Internet, intending to pursue the stars in Hualien. Other performers on the day include well-known domestic singers like Terry Lin 林志炫 & Julia Peng 彭佳慧. The masses will get a feast for their ears.

County tourism head Chen Youzhen also said the county government is still unclear about what the high-profile WONDERGIRLS like to eat, stay at, etc. But, when the time comes, she hopes to let WONDERGIRLS enjoy Hualien County's scenery & gain an appreciation of Hualien's local customs & culture. In turn, through the girls' generosity, to help raise Hualien's international profile when they visit other countries.

WONDERGIRLS was launched as a 5-member girl group in 2007 by Korea's JYP Entertainment. The current members consist of Sunye, Yeeun, Yoobin, Sohee & LIM. In 2008, their 'Nobody' MV had once again spearheaded a craze. The following year was WONDERGIRLS's first year of their American offensive. With lively song melodies & uncomplicated dance steps, they had quickly expanded worldwide. Hualien also has many community organizations whose activities include learning WONDERGIRLS's dances.

Fu Kunqi announced yesterday that the 2010 Summer Carnival will kick off at Creative & Culture Park 光華樂活園區 from July 16 until August 29. Tourists from home & abroad are welcome to spend the summer in Hualien. This year's summer concert will be handled according to international standards. The singers will not perform just 1-2 song sets, but are expected to give their bests. Related info can be obtained at the official event website http://www.summerfestival2010.com.tw & the Hualien county government website http://www.hl.gov.tw

- - - - - - - -

Elsewhere, Youtube also has this WG video message to Shin-Soo Choo (Cleveland Indians).

Remember him? It was through him that WG had visited the club, threw the ceremonial pitch, etc. during the Jobros tour.

I haven't seen this clip before. It must be relatively recent (LIM is in it, so definitely 2010). The uploader said it was recorded during the 2DT promotions in Korea, but the backdrop looks more like it's from WG's cosmetic-line session.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PQAuwxzFdmU

Guest qoxie

Sunye tweets ...

72da0x.jpg

"Niagara falls in canada.... Sooooooo beautiful..with rainbow!!!"

hsnx55.jpg

"Niagara falls!!!! Isn't it so beautiful??!! So happy i brought my X10!! "

35lumhk.jpg

"Its so amazing that finally we could do the schedule together..haha proud of u my oooldest friend!! :)"

- - - - - - -

Earlier news report (note the date):

f0x4jn.gif

Source: http://udn.com/NEWS/ENTERTAINMENT/BREAKINGNEWS8/5718429.shtml

Breaking News: Hualien Summer Carnival invites Korean girl group

United Daily News / Reporter Xiong Naiqun / real-time report 2010.07/11 07:17pm

Hualien's 2010 Summer Carnival concert event kicks off on June 16. Over 42 days, there will be a series of large-scale performances, with invitations extended to 'A-plus' idol singers like A-Mei. It has even managed to request Korean girl-group WONDERGIRLS to perform, in order to enthuse tourists for the entire summer.

There was a news update a day later (7/12), announcing the performers.

But WG's name was not included yet, so I won't highlight it too much.

Plenty of Mandopop A-listers included, otherwise: A-Mei, Ricky Hsiao, Jam Hsiao, Show Luo (I bet he's spazzing, after missing out in April), Fish Leong, Claire Guo, Rainie Yang, Rene Liu, Elva Hsiao, Mayday, FIR, Sodagreen.

- - - - - -

Found the WG-2PM-MBLAQ listing among the August scheduled concerts at Era Ticket (Taiwan) website.

bfnno5.gif

Source: http://www.ticket.com.tw/search.asp

Guest evilgary

i'm so loving the picture of sunye tweets

she looks so bright and cheerful in the picture with her friend jokwon

Guest vietboi_tuan

SunYe's glasses are really funny to me.

It remind me of an old grandma hehehe

SunYe and Jokwon are so cute together!

Guest qoxie

Thanks to the 100 WFs (inc. me) who participated earlier, LIM's ringtone is now downloadable (for all) off the SE Asia-Pacific Facebook.

Go to this link (or click on the 'Sony Ericsson' tab over there), then click 'Wonder Girls ringtones' (depicted in 2nd pic below), then click 'download' link (3rd pic).

2v3pi7s.gif

ixqc7k.gif

2iraiqq.png

- - - - - - - - -

The WG-Hualien news, United Daily News print edition. Same content as online.

30w9sop.jpg

Cr: justinro145 @WGTW board

Guest YW1801

Now I'm wondering what WG will be doing from the 4th till 20th August.

Also kinda bummed they won't be going back to Korea. :(

Guest xjjjLOVE

I was watching the M!Countdown episode from the 8th of this month and they did a poll I suppose for the best diet(?)

Sorry I don't understand Korean...I got diet out of it..

anyway I think it was the best body from a successful diet

the ranking was:

5. 4Minute- Gayoon(?)

4. 2NE1- Park Bom

3. KARA- Nicole

2. Seo In Young

1. Yoobin

I was so excited when I saw that!!

Wonder Girls are still rocking Korea even if their not active >.<

Guest i.said.goodbye

Yubin and Sunye

129035572.png

[07/10/10] yoobin ♥ me ♥ sunye

cr; ryouuu @twitter

--------------------------------

some yubin pictures from toronto

37739_1280706871846_1655280118_657457_5359560_n.jpg

34174_1280705991824_1655280118_657447_6673525_n.jpg

37739_1280706791844_1655280118_657455_4437190_n.jpg

cr; Power-Leuis Choi @facebook

Source;

4784833673_f770ca87cd.jpg

cr; evanescent @wgmainthread

Source:

Guest confuzzlld

Wahh!! I just came back from the concert in Mississauga and still can't believe how close the girls actually were. I seriously fangirld so hard -without noticing apparently, trying to get fanchants going and whatnot (oh gosh I still can't believe how ahhh! I was lol). I got a couple of good pics, but I wish I stared less through the camera though ><. Yeeun and Yoobin went off to the side and shaked some people's hands, and then Yeeun went down into the audience (but only took maybe 3 steps in lol- people got out of their seats and it got a bit crowded) but that got me off guard. She. Was. So. Close. So. Close.

What surprised me about the audience was that during 2DT, there actually were fanchants present lol, and they were pretty legit ;D it was cool to experience. I wish the concert was longer, it seemed to end so fast.

Anyways, the girls said they'd be in Mississauga for a couple of days :DDD - and when they asked where they should go, a couple of people were all "MY HOUSE!! ;D". Everyone lol'd, it was pretty funny.

I'll probably post a few of the great pics I was able to get later. This concert was completely worth it, I think my neutral cousin has now become a fan :)

thanks for sharing a pics and fancams and fanaccounts from the tour ...

but the tour almost end TT

i like sunye's pics ~~ eiei

and JOSun always cute together

Guest i.said.goodbye

I was wondering does anyone know what wonder girls will be doing after their tour is finished?? What's their exact schedule?

Archived