Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest i.said.goodbye

I'll ask a question!

What's your favourite wonder girls trio?

I love Team Unnies [a.k.a] 2YEBIN but my favourite recently is MinAhnBin xD

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest twinzone

i have feeling that the rest of the 2leg tour not many fancam anymore, from the denver,chicago and now is torronto.. i can't find so much fancam on youtube like other tours :(

Guest i.said.goodbye

i have feeling that the rest of the 2leg tour not many fancam anymore, from the denver,chicago and now is torronto.. i can't find so much fancam on youtube like other tours
:(

I have the same feeling!

I've noticed that the second leg of the tour so far has had significantly less fan cams and fan accounts then the first leg of of the tour.

Guest qoxie

WONDER GIRLS INVADE THE MOD CLUB IN TORONTO (PICS & VIDEO)

Sunday, July 11, 2010

South Korea's greatest pop export is undoubtedly Wonder Girls. The five-member Girl Group have been championed by the likes of Perez Hilton and are poised to be Asia's greatest chance at invading the North American market - David Foster prodigy Charice aside of course - especially considering she is now American-based. Wonder Girls have already scored a minor hit with Nobody, despite it being number one on 2009's Year-End Hot Single Sales Chart, according to Billboard Magazine.

Their 2 Different Tears EP was their first-ever domestic release and surfaced digitally on iTunes in May. In their strategy to become a household name in these parts in the manner of Spice Girls, they are now embarking on a World Tour, stopping off at Mod Club Theatre in Toronto tonight. Playing to an estimated 500 fans, the response was overwhelmingly positive for the predominantly Korean, although still ethnically mixed audience, who relished a rare opportunity to see their Idols in an intimate setting. Surely fans back home would pay top dollar to see them in a stadium. Tickets for the part-Korean, part-English show ranged from $50 to $150, the latter allowing fans an opportunity to meet the girls prior to the show.

Before the show, I did get a chance to meet the girls in-person and requested they record a quick Birthday Greeting for my friend Christine, an aficionado of K-Pop (Korean Pop Music). Of course, they obliged in perfect English. They were very lovely despite their Manager being assertive and quick to usher everyone in and out. Before heading on my way, they thanked me for coming to their show.

To be honest, I am not familiar with Wonder Girls' material at all and my good friend DJ Sumation invited me out to partake in the festivities after his partner had last-minute travel plans. I do not regret coming out though as I had a wonderful time soaking in the positive energy the girls sent out to the adoring audience, which came prepared with their own set of chants and choreographed know-how.

Although I'm not certain that the girls are necessarily a perfect fit for the pop palettes of North Americans, even after they had a jump-start opening for Jonas Brothers on tour last year, it is heart-warming seeing them take so much pride in their work even if it is just delivering covers of Pussycat Dolls, Duffy, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga and Lil' Mama to Backing Tracks. Their energy is infectious and I loved their two deliveries of first American single Nobody, a slow arrangement of the track and later the original album edit. Current single 2 Different Tears is decent, but not as catchy as the prior selection. Tracks like So Hot were a hoot to see performed with their simplistic, yet stylized dances and who could forget their touching delivery of Korean ballad Saying 'I Love You' where band member YeEun (my favourite Wonder Girl) took to the keys?

Word is that bandleader SunYe's (my other favourite Wonder Girl) father had just passed away and in just two weeks' time braved it out for fans to continue with the group's World Tour. Extremely selfless and a commendable display of dedication.

Wonder Girls will be stopping off at Mississauga's Living Arts Centre this coming Monday for a second show and indicated to the audience that they will be out enjoying the city tomorrow on their day off. Being Lady Gaga fans, perhaps we might see them out tomorrow at her show?

xc3dp3.jpg

2zs72ie.jpg

98hctj.jpg

73fdky.jpg

sw4eiw.jpg

2s9r38h.jpg

2nbucue.jpg

2wnzgnr.jpg

Source: http://mrwillw.blogs...in-toronto.html

- - - - - - -

2rlzna1.gif

wonder girls @ the mod club: "so hot"

24lvvc9.gif

wonder girls @ the mod club: "nobody" 1

2vb7qdi.gif

wonder girls @ the mod club: "nobody" 2

2lkyxja.gif

wonder girls @ the mod club: "nobody" 3

Credit: dragenki @ flickr

Wow I think this is the first time I post in here...I'm always on the Yoobin Thread but first time here...wow!!

Hello fellow Wonderfuls!!!!

Who do you think will marry a celebrity?

Honestly, I think it'll be either SunYe, Ye Eun or Yoobin!!!

SunYe and Yoobin are obvious, they have a lot of celebrity friends that can introduce them to other celebrities, BUT Ye Eun can also be introduced to other celebrities by YeBin...right?

What's your favourite wonder girls trio?

This is a toughie....I'm going to say SunBinYe...the Unnies Team, but at the same time I like HaeBinSo AND SunMi,Ye Eun and Yoobin together...what would their name be? lol

Guest mine2wise

@ ezzy me too im not sure if i posted here before but i alwasy lurk here,,,

Who do you think will marry a celebrity

for some reason,,i think its yenny and yoobin

Whats your favourite wondergirls trio

my first fave: 2YeBin

my second fave: MiSoBin

my third fave: LimSoBin

my fourth fave: YeMiBin(yenny,sunmi.yoobin)

:wub::wub:

Hmm probably Yubin maybe a singer or actor but I would definitely put my money on her to marry a celeb.

Whats your favourite wondergirls trio?

Agh hard to choose but Ye Eun, Sun Mi :tears:, Yubin! but now that mimi gone its Sunyes spot!!!

Guest qoxie

Happened to see this funny MiSo video collage by chungchun-miso.com at Wondercuty.

While checking for YT reloads (I can't find any good freeware to rip swf files), I found 4 other clips by he/she/them instead.

They are animation mini-clips on the occasion of Sohee's birthday. Very well-done & moving.

소희 생일선물 part1 -청춘미소- (Ahn birthday part 1 - "Almost a smile")

소희생일 선물 part2-1 -청춘미소- (Ahn birthday part 2-1 - "Almost a smile")

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=A3bWWhJQJsU

소희 생일선물 part2-2 -청춘미소- (Ahn birthday part 2-2 - "Almost a smile")

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3XFoSgNz-y4

소희 생일선물 part2-3 -청춘미소- (Ahn birthday part 2-3 - "Almost a smile")

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yhQOjPJc4HE

Guest pandachan_311

Ah, if SunMi comeback, I love MiSoLim <3

They all maknae and funny :w00t:

Yenny is so smart <3

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

I think it will be Sunye. I don't know why but i have this feeling that she is the most popular among guy celebrities as a girl they would want to date. I mean guy celebrities like wg or say they are a fan but i have a feeling its different with Sunye.

I totally agree with you about Sun Ye being most popular amongst guy celebrities. I think our Min Leader is the girl many male celebs want as their girlfriend. :wub: heck even female idols love & adore Sun Ye. :P

I also think it will be Sun Ye who would marry a celebrity. She would need an understanding man who realises that she is married to her work & would support her throughout her career and only a male idol can understand that sort of situation.

other than Sun Ye I think Yu Bin might also marry a celeb. I'm not too sure about the other girls though. ;)

my fav Wonder Girls trio are : 2YeBin or Team Unnies. 2Ye are my biases in WG and YuMin/SunBin were my 1st loves so it's always been Team Unnies. :wub:

For me it'll be Sohee! Haha. Because i'm a heedragon shipper and i believe that she's currently dating G-Dragon. :P

If it's about a trio, my favorite are the unnies. Yeeun, Sunye and Yoobin. They all look and work together when they're with each other though being with the whole wonder girls is better. :D

Guest valentino_rossi46

I dont think Sun ye will marry a celebrity cuz she is ... hrm her personality is like a " mother", she loves quiet, although she is popular among male celeb, maybe she will be in love with a male celeb but will not marry him, she will marry somebody work in music industry, who understand her job and always at behind supporting her, i dont think she want a family that both husband and wife is celeb with no privacy, maybe she will marry a PD or composer?

Ye Eun, hrm she is suitable with a businessman or lawyer, doctor :P

Yoo Bin and Lim, im not sure ><

Sun Mi and So Hee is high chance that will marry a male celeb :P, especially So Hee, ye im SoHeeChul shipper :P, but So hee although she is quiet, but actually her personality is not that, she dont like something quiet as Sun ye, she like a humorous man, and wanna find a guy that understand her job, i think she is highly will marry a male celeb. Sun Mi also :)

Yoobin- I think it's quite obvious that she has the most celebs friends. Also didn't the girls said that Yubin has the most number of celebrities in her phone? And I can just see her marrying someone famous.

Nowadays, I love seeing Yeeun, Sohee and Yoobin together! :D

Guest ariadne32391

first time ever posting.. :D well, i just registered just a few moments back.. :D 

i was lurking for quite sometime now... and now it has come to the point where i couldn't help myself.. i just had to register!

anyways.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE WONDER GIRLS!

okay that's all.. hehehe...

wonderfuls fighting!

Guest cr15co

From Lim

wait that's almost the same view from my friends apartment, omg now i know which hotel they're staying !!

Guest tiffanydawn

Nowadays, I love seeing Yeeun, Sohee and Yoobin together! :D

ME TOO! ME TOO! :D They're my favorite WG members ever since. Love the fact that the three of them are together most of the time. They're like WG's POWER TRIO now <3

Guest evilgary

i like to see sunye,yoobin and sohee

i'll go with the gut feeling that yoobin would end up with a celebrity too

WG trio ?

ummm sohee yoobin lim eieii~

actually i think none of them but maybe yenny

Archived