Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest valentino_rossi46

Thanks you Jo Kwon a lot alot alot :P

Mark PD :P

It was a small venue and um...well anyways, the girls and the boys did their best!!!people who came to see the show was fantastic also!!!!

still everyone, girls and the staffs are very much experienced, we've done a great show tonight,we are all family now!that uall 4 ur support

@WG_Lim you were great tonight lim, your solo was very powerful tonight, you've gain more confidence!!!good going dear!!go go LIM!!!

Thank you all for supporting the girls,seeing them closely everyday the efforts they put in the show is just breathtaking...thank you all

It's always nice to see you guys @ the venue and when u guys are at the other concerts, say hi to all the crews. ^^

From Lim:

@WGMARKPD yeah!! the audiences were totally awsome!! :D

Mark PD always take care Lim :)

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

Hi, Can someone give me some information about the chicago concert there having tomorrow about the whole meet and greeting thing and taking pictures with them, since i'm going and i've been searching through eveything on this forum and still nothing.

There has been a paucity of fanaccounts & fanpics for the second leg (unlike the first leg), so I'm not surprised. But my impression is the pre-show routine has remained the same.

Concertgoers would begin lining up in the afternoon. Sometime after 5:30pm, those with VIP tickets would be separated to form another queue. The latter would then be let in around 6pm for the meet-&-greet (with both groups).

The photo-taking is pretty brisk, unlike on the Jobros tour. One picture per person or party.

The VIP tour gifts have also been very inconsistent. Some venues distributed WG posters, some have nothing at all.

For the second tour leg, there were online evidence that Seoul tourism-sponsored WG electromagnetic wave shield stickers (to stick on mobile phones, etc.) were distributed, but I'm not sure those with GA tickets got these.

It appears WG has also re-added some of the songs (except for One Night Only) that were removed after the first tour leg commenced.

- - - - - - - -

Concert fanpics.

Source: http://rafu.com/news/2010/06/wonder-girls-2pm-concert/

Guest i.said.goodbye

Yubin with Mark PD (??)

tumblr_l56fg2JlHi1qasvleo1_500.jpg

Yubin @ House of Blues Anaheim! ^^

She waved & smiled at us~ plus she is super pretty in person!

cr: xhijoycex @ twitter

Guest valentino_rossi46

All of us know Yu Bin lost weight so her mandu cheek is disappear , but So Hee also lost weight, her cheeks seems higher, mandu cheeks is smaller ><

WonderGirls YeEun expresses excitement for going up on Billboard chart for the 2nd time with ’2DT’

201007071257501002_1.jpg

WonderGirls YeEun expresses her excitement for going up to the Billboard music chart for the 2nd chart.

WonderGirls’ latest hit song ’2DT’ entered American Billboard’s ‘Heatseekers Album’ chart on 10th July at #21. The chart is a chart that tracks the ranking of albums by newcomer singers.

YeEun talked about it on her Twitter, saying “hey guys, did you get to see Billboard chart yet? we just ranked on Heatseekers album chart #21 !! yeay~~~~~~~~ XD”

WonderGirls previously went up to the #76 ranking on Billboard’s hot 100 chart with the song ‘Nobody’ last October.

S:Newsen

Guest qoxie

I just explained it over at the WGTW board &, to also preempt misunderstandings here (there's already some error reporting in the blogosphere):

• 2DT is on the Heatseeker album chart, but has not hit the Billboard 200 album chart yet.

• Last year, Nobody reached #4 on the Heatseeker singles chart & #76 on the Billboard Top 100 singles chart.

• The Heatseeker charts are for artistes yet to hit top 50 singles or top 100 album in the respective charts.

Between the two, I consider Heatseeker singles to be more significant. It means the song concurrently on the Top 100 fringe, at worst. More importantly, it signals the song has US radio support.

That said, 2DT's feat is no small achievement cuz WG has relied on sales volume again (although not on the scale as Nobody). This, despite the girls currently playing to 1,500-3,000 Kpop (i.e. already-converted) fans on the tour & yet to partake any formal 2DT promotions in the States (meeting the local media, etc.).

- - - - - - - -

Fanaccount...

Just In–WG Are Still Amazing

7 07 2010

I just got back from the Wonder Girls concert! It was AMAZING to say the least!!! It was a small venue, a not-so-lively crowd, and one rather rude bouncer trying to take all of our cameras, but it was AWESOME. And 2AM opened instead of 2PM, but they were still exciting!!!!

I’ll try to remember the setlist as best I can, but it isn’t exactly easily accessable.

They opened with intense short dances behind a curtain that got the crowd going. I can’t remember the opening number, but then they performed “Goodbye” from their first album. I wasn’t really expecting that, in fact I would have much rather expected to see “Ii Pabo”, but it was a powerful opener. All I could think of for the first couple of songs was WOW. They stunned me. What especially stunned me was that SoHee didn’t suck. She really seems to fail on Korean music shows, but this showed me completely different.

Then they got to the solos, which surprised me. Lim introduced all the other members, with the “So this is what you know about them…” (Sun is caring, a good leader; Yenny is sweat and gentle; YuBin is a “diva”; SoHee is the cutest thing ever) and then shocked me by going “But what do you know about me?” followed with Lil Mama’s “Lipgloss”…. a song I REALLY didn’t expect from Lim. Needless to say she ROCKED it.

YuBin performed Black Eyed Pea’s “Boom Boom POW” which was stunning. Her ability to not only speak English but rap it that well is amazing. In fact, my friend who came with me (not a previous WG fan) said at one point “I can’t believe how good their English accents are!” Haha.

SoHee danced (and I say dance because it was very obviously lipsynced, but that’s okay) to Beyoncee’s “Single Ladies”, which we’ve all seen her do on Korean music shows before. But you know, it was still better live twenty feet in front of you.

Yenny performed Duffy’s “Mercy” flawlessly. It was absolutely beautiful. Yenny’s voice is so beautiful. And finally Sun finished it off with a song by my favorite American artist, Lady Gaga. She performed “Paparazzi” powerfully.

Then they call came out and sang a samba-fied version of Pussycat Doll’s “Don’t Cha”. It was okay, but what really caught my attention was how creatively they transitioned it into their hit single “So Hot”. They just took a couple words, played them around, and BAM! So Hot!

After that they sang the Yenny-composed “Say I Love You”, which was beautiful. During it they sprayed the first few rows (which I was in) with “snow”–soap bubbles. Ruined my hair, but it cooled down the front area (which was SO NICE) and was perfect for the song.

They played the music video for “2 Different Tears” and then came right out and performed it–awesome!! I loved dancing to it. And then they got the crowd to sing along with their debut smash-hit “Tell Me”. It was a crowd-pleaser and they even stopped the music several times to hear us all singing. I loved it.

The end.

Or wait… maybe not?

They made us WORK for the encore. So much I actually almost fainted (my friend held me up!) from the screaming and heat combined.

But finally they came out and performed one last song, Nobody in all it’s full glory. THAT had everyone dancing. =D It was a nice ending.

Oh, and YuBin walked off stage with a Forever 21 bag. Coincedence one of my favorite members holding a bag from my favorite store? Hmmmmm….

Anyway. 2AM was okay, but GREATLY out-shined by the headlining act. They promised to come back to Denver (even though it was Englewood), and SunYe made us promise that we would all return if they did.

Can’t argue with that.

Source: http://tsukiki.wordp...-still-amazing/

- - - - - - -

Aw, Southeast Asia is getting the 2PM Seoul tourism CFs instead.

Can't waiting for the BTS/Making Of clips.

Lee Byung Hun, Wonder Girls and 2PM to Promote Seoul City

2010-07-06

Seoul city official announced on July 5 that Seoul city will broadcast four kinds of TV commercials to promote Seoul city in foreign countries, in which Hallyu stars such as Lee Byung Hun, Wonder Girls, and 2PM appear. The advertising commercials for Seoul city were made in order to inform the world of the attractiveness of Seoul city, and the contents and themes were differentiated by different regions targeting Japan, China, South-East Asian countries, and countries in Europe and the American continent.

Lee Byung Hun, who will be appointed as a global honorary ambassador of Seoul city, appeared in a promotion commercial to be broadcast in Japan. He showed off attractive and lively Seoul city by visiting places such as Gwanghwamun, Cheonggyecheon, Seonyudo Park, Apgujeong-dong, and Myeong-dong along with Japanese tourists, and the commercial used the theme of “Lively Touch” to show the overflowing passion, energy, pleasure, and vitality of Seoul.

The commercial for China focused on the romantic lifestyle of Seoul city with the theme of “Romantic Touch.” It was filmed like a romantic movie to reveal Seoul’s romantic and stylish lifestyle. In the commercial, members of the Wonder Girls made cameo appearances in scenes filmed at an amusement park and restaurant.

In a commercial for South-East Asian countries that used the theme of “Fascinating Touch” to present Hallyu culture and a fascinating exotic atmosphere, 2PM appeared with young people from South-East Asian countries and they enjoyed the culture of Seoul together. The commercial for Europe and America will introduce both the modern and traditional appearance of Seoul city under the theme of “Timeless Touch.” It shows the city transcending time and space by keeping cutting edge IT technology and the history of 600 years together.

The commercials began airing from June 28 in China and July 4 in Japan, and the TV commercials for South-East Asian and Europe and America will begin airing from the beginning of next month.

A video showing the filming of those commercials along with pictures of the star actor and singers and interview images will be provided online through YouTube.

Source: http://english.kbs.c...ew.html?No=7433

Guest valentino_rossi46

Remember this clip, from San Diego airport?

The owner hypnoticASIA also cut some GIF :) Jin Woon babe and Yoo Bin unnie is so cute ha ha

jinwoonie-1.gif

jinwoon-5.gif

jinwoon-4.gif

jinwoon-2.gif

fb0e19c8.jpg

aefe6ae0.jpg

credit: hypnoticASIA + as tagged

Guest qoxie

New JCE announcement about their WG-Kara Freestyle Basketball game.

Dunno what it is about (I can't read Hangul), so here are the screengrabs.

There is a playable animation video at the second link below, which I don't think has been re-loaded into Youtube yet.

Sources: http://fs.joycity.com/main.jce

http://fs.joycity.co...e?eventidx=2174

- - - - - - - -

Old Hyerim photos. I don't recall seeing them around before.

Credit: Wondercuty

Guest WGkeon

^

from what i can gather from ur screen cap, its about a special character event for wg and kara.

I see alot of girl group special character event in there.

lim's so cute in those old pics .. i like her eyes

to me ,she look more chinese or taiwanese than korean eieie~

Guest Maila_Oscar

Congratulations WG for making it on Billboard Heatseekers list. To think they haven't fully promoted 2DT state side yet. The new album is coming they have a good chance to break into the top 100 again. So happy for them!!! w00t.gifwgcelebrate.gif

Guest cr15co

Old Hyerim photos. I don't recall seeing them around before.

Credit: Wondercuty

thanks for uploading those pictures of LIM and sharing them with the SOOMPI community. i'm not sure if anyone is familiar with this site, its called HEY LIM!! most of those pictures can be found there. i recently found this pic from HEY LIM!! so cute !!

omg the day i wasn't expecting LIM to respond to my question via twitter.. she responded to my dumb question, now i feel embarrassed. blush.gif

@cr15co um..im not really sure...i think not..?

— Lim ♥ Hyerim Woo (@WG_Lim)

July 7, 2010

Guest qoxie

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/28qnf.html

WONDERGIRLS Yeeun publishes photos with 2AM; the fans praise her & Seulong as well-matched

Korea Star Daily update: 2010/07/06 08:42

Popular Korean girl-group WONDERGIRLS member Yeeun has published her snapshots with 2AM Seulong & Jo Kown in America.

On July 5, Yeeun uploaded the photos on her blog [sic]. In the picture with Jo Kwon, he had his signature reverie look, while Yeeun wore a thoughtful expression. She even described the setting then: "Queueing up for dinner! We are starving!" Another picture was with Seulong, both of them side by side & smiling. The fans who saw this said Seulong & Yeeun form a very compatible match. To support WONDERGIRLS on their far-flung tour, 2AM also went to America but is set to return to Korea on June 9.

- - - - - - - -

Source: http://www.koreastar...m/sc/photo/3312

MISS A Fei Fei & Meng Jia - WONDERGIRLS Hye Rim were "once the China version of WONDERGIRLS?"

Korea Star Daily update: 2010/07/07 10:18

Photos of Korean girl-group MISS A's Fei Fei & Meng Jia & WONDERGIRLS's Hye Rim when they were conducting China activities have attracted numerous netizens' attention.

Before their Korean debuts, they were part of active 5-member group SISTERS that was labelled as "China version of WONDERGIRLS". The fans who saw the photos left messages that expressed their fascination: "They were former members of the Chinese version of WONDERGIRLS?" "They are prettier now" & so on. JYP's newly-launched group Miss A is made up of Korean members MIN & Suzy & Chinese members Fei Fei & Meng Jia. They are in the process of vigorously promoting their debut song 'Bad Girl Good Girl.'

- - - - - - - -

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo...07/5/28tc6.html

4MINUTE wants to fall in love, reveals their Prince Charmings

Central News Agency update: 2010/07/07 12:14

(Central News Agency reporter Cai Xinhua, Taipei, July 7 cable) Korean idol group 4MINUTE, who was in Taiwan in January for a performance, has recently launched their new album 'Hit Your Heart.' Universal Music said today that 4MINUTE had talked about romantic love during their Korean radio promotions. Each group member also described their ideal sweetheart.

While promoting their new album 'Hit Your Heart', 4MINUTE happily got to meet WONDERGIRLS on the Korean music shows. Universal Music recounted that, [even though] they are popular girl groups, there was no charged atmosphere when both sides met up. They even embraced one another & offered encouragement.

4MINUTE member Hyuna had left WONDERGIRLS in 2007 due to ill-health. Upon recovering, she made her comeback in 2009 by joining 4MINUTE. On meeting WONDERGIRLS once more, Hyuna said: "I was very happy at being able to see my friends again. Hopefully, WONDERGIRLS & 4MINUTE can [both] do well. Everybody must look after their health, & also stay in contact every now & then to keep up friendships!"

Universal Music said that, pressed by the program host during their radio promotions, 4MINUTE revealed bashfully their ideal male celebrities.

Group leader Jihyun's affection remains with the extremely self-motivated Korean heartthrob RAIN. Jiyoon is fond of Korean-drama "bad guy" actor Kim Nam Gil. Gayoon, who confessed she will take the initiative if provided the opportunity, praised actor Gong Yoo of '1st Shop of Coffee Prince' as the perfect sweetheart. Hyuna favors short men the most. [i think she picked MBLAQ's Lee Joon ~ ill-timed :phew:] Group maknae Sohyun said guys with big hands give her a sense of security.

- - - - - - - - -

Source: https://www.koreatim.../182_68976.html

- - - - - - - -

The below is taken from a Filippino lifestyle portal.

Top 10 Dance Crazes in the Philippines

Pietro Santos | Published: 7th of July, 2010

It seems that Filipinos can groove to any kind of music. If you need any proof, the Cebu Dancing Inmates alone are more than enough. SPOT.ph lists 10 dance crazes from all over the world or just around the corner that had Filipinos shaking their bon-bons.

[omitted Nobody video]

The Wonder Girls had everyone singing their song (or at least humming to it) and copying their dance moves.

1. The Nobody Dance

Prime movers: The Wonder Girls, a five-member South Korean girl group, popularized this dance move in the music video of their like-titled song, which was was released in Korea in late 2008. By 2009, it was enjoying heavy airplay in the Philippines and elsewhere in the world. Jocelyn Lee of The Straits Times wrote that "fans across Asia" were "devoting hours of practice [in order to copy] the exact dance movements" of the pop princesses. Pinoys got in on the craze even if the song was mostly in Korean.

Sassy steps: "The dance involves synchronised participants clapping their hands, shaking their shoulders, and swaying their hips to the catchy chorus, which goes: 'I want nobody nobody but youuuu,'" explained Lee.

Dance floor lowdown: The song made an impact beyond the dance floor. In September 2009, ABS-CBNNews.com reported that Leo Santos, 28, was stabbed to death by one of his drunk friends in his Tondo neighborhood after he asked the suspect (who was singing "Nobody" on videoke), "Ano ang kinakanta mo?"

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

This group of funny Bisayas can give the Wonder Girls a run for their jobs.

[Omitted the rest of the article.]

Source: http://www.spot.ph/f...philippines-/1/

Guest qoxie

I had posted Rafu Shimpo's concert pics (see previous page, or go the mentioned link below) without realizing they also conducted a interview with WG.

They are also a legit newspaper, a daily edition for the Japanese community in Los Angeles.

A Few Minutes of Wonder

Thu, Jun 17 2010

k14xl.jpg

South Korea’s girl pop sensations unleash their mix of sweet and sassy onto a wild House of Blues crowd.

By RODO RIOT

RAFU CORRESPONDENT

WEST HOLLYWOOD.–During their concert at the House of Blues last Friday, the Wonder Girls sat down for an interview with the Rafu a few minutes before they took the stage to bring their world tour to L.A.

The Wonder Girls–Yenny, Sohee, Sun, Yoobin and Lim–are currently the number one K-Pop girl group in Asia. Their hit single, “Nobody” entered the Billboard Hot 100 in 2009, making them the first Korean group ever to place on the coveted chart. The quintet also served as the opening act for the North American leg of the Jonas Brothers World Tour.

Their management agency, JYP Entertainment, calls the Wonder Girls the hardest working group of girls in the music industry, with the result being music that is fresh and performances that are amazing. Their videos routinely attract millions of hits on the internet.

Rodo Riot: Let’s start this off on a humorous note. The World Cup is going on right now. So, which team are you guys rooting for?

Yenny: Well we have to say…

Sun: Definitely…

Wonder Girls: Korea!

Sun: Aaaaaaand Mexico!

RR: Since you guys are touring a lot, what are your favorite places so far?

Sun: Well there’s a lot…

Yenny: We love LA.

Sun: I love Chicago and she loves San Jose.

Yoobin: Yes! I love San Jose. It’s my home town.

RR: A question a fan wanted to ask was, “How do you like guys like boys in the U.S. versus boys in Korea?”

Yenny: Oh well, we haven’t really dated anyone here so we don’t really know how different it is.

Sun: Yeah, we didn’t really get to meet anyone.

RR: Do you guys play any video games at all?

Yoobin: I like video games.

Sun: Is Wii Fit a video game?

RR: Yeah, Wii Fit is a video game. That counts.

Yoobin: Yeah, Wii Fit and Xbox.

Lim: How about the bubble popping game? I’m not really sure [of the name.]

RR: Oh, Bust-a-Move you mean? The one with the little dinosaurs?

Lim: Yeah, yeah, yeah! I love that game!

RR: What’s the best part of performing for you guys?

Yenny: Just being on stage is amazing for us.

Sun: Like being able to interact with people…

Yoobin: Yes.

Yenny: They follow our dance and sing along with us–we get goosebumps!

RR: You get goosebumps even now, after you’ve performed so much?

Yenny: Yeah! Everytime we hear their voices cheering.

RR: What are your goals for your music?

Yenny: We’re still young, but we just want to interact with more people. I think a lot of people like our music so we got to the US a little earlier than we expected. So it’s just amazing performing for the audience here.

RR: One more question: How would you describe your music?

Sun: It’s fun, retro…

Yoobin: Funky, easy to follow…

Sun: Our concept is very retro.

Yenny: And very addictive!

RR: Thank you so much and good luck tonight.

Wonder Girls: Thank you.

Yenny: And we hope you enjoy the show!

To view the photo gallery from the concert - Click here

Source: http://rafu.com/news...house-of-blues/

- - - - - - - - -

Found a Korean magazine interview with North Korean striker Jong Tae-se (remember him?), in which he mentioned WG a couple of times (fave group & songs).

I got the gist of it through Google Translate, but can someone fully translate his replies?

Magazine cover

ibm8gk.jpg

4. 한국은 요즘 걸그룹(Girl Group)들이 인기가 많습니다. 정대세 선수도 한국의 걸그룹 중에 알고 있거나 좋아하는 걸그룹이 있나요? 또 한국/일본 연예인 중에서 좋아하는 사람이 누구인지도 궁금합니다. (이세준)

정 : 절대로 원더걸스! 지나치게 귀엽습니다☆

6. K-POP을 많이 듣는 편인가요? 듣는다면 어떤 가수를 좋아하고 또 요즘 어떤 노래를 들었는지 알고 싶어요. (앤써)

정 : 조금 유행에 뒤떨어졌다고 생각하실 지도 모르겠는데요, 드라마 '천국의 계단'에 나왔던 '보고싶다'라는 노래는 항상 듣고 있습니다. 그리고 최근에 가장 좋아하는 곡은 역시나 원더걸스의 '텔 미'와 '노바디'입니다.

Full interview (online version): http://sports.news.n...270&from=latest

Guest vietboi_tuan

Congrats the girls for making onto the billboard once again.

They haven't really promote 2DT that much in the state

so I was quite surprise it hit the board. So proud of the

girls and Wonderfuls.

Guest Zeth

More Teasers for Wonder Girls’ New Reality Program

wgteasers.jpg

Can’t wait for July 30th? Well then, take a look at more teasers for Wonder Girls’ new reality program.

A week ago we told you about Wonder Girls new show with Mnet, Made in Wonder Girls, which will take all of us behind the scenes of Wonder Girls life during their Wonder World Tour.

Two new teasers are going around the net; both from the Washington DC concert which was the first show of the tour. The teasers show us the girls praying before taking the stage and a look at the fans screaming and proclaiming to be their number one American fans.

On the weekend, Mark PD, producer and director of the show, shared a three minute long teaser of the girls singing So Hot in Chicago with his Facebook friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTdR4QFFQJg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TqvGJoZVWc

Stay tuned for more teasers until the big premier on July 30th at 6:00pm (KST)

yahoo.... The Girls are Back in Variety,, but this one just like Documentary or Footage Video from The girls when they are in US....

I'm wondering How episode this show will airing or just once only ?? :mellow:

Archived