New Generation Of Boy Groups/bands (present 2009)**

Guest baby-swts

Guest polaris

It's so weird how different the vibe is with American or Euro boy band vs. Korean boy bands.

The whole concept of these new boy bands seems so awkward to me.. (I dont know why this is.. because I love N Sync and BS boys).... perhaps the era of boy bands in America has passed because I dont think I could get into these new American boy bands. Americans do better with singer/solo indiv. artists.. such as Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Gwen Stephani (All who left their group and branched out into solo careers)

On the otherhand ..it seems it IS the era of boy bands and girl groups in korea because they have huge popularity there with that type of format such as Shinee, Big Bang, SNSD, Wondergirls.. etc.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest watermelon586

i like VFC's dance....none of these guys are very cute, though. except for the blonde guy in NLT (who would look way better if he left his hair dark) and the middle guy in V Factory....none of them hold a candle to the korean guys.

idk, but american boybands just seem kinda eehhhhh to me...korean ones rock though :D

Guest ms.incredible

I miss NSYNC, but neither of those groups are the least bit appealing. someone needs to give Lou Pearlman probation so he can create another hot guy group :lol: ......and then rip them off.LOL Anyone notice that most male groups usually end up complaining of being ripped off? I've heard stories from the U.S to Korea about that.

I don't know where some of you live or how often you go out, but Varsity Clubs'(and BB) fashion has been in for a few years now.LOL If you want you could attribute it to fashion trends repeating itself(wearing bright and as many color as possible was the "in" thing in the 80s) or hip hop culture, who to some degree brought it from Japan when rappers started buying BAPE hoodies and found out there was a smorgasboard of colorful shoes over there that you couldn't find in the U.S; so of course then you needed colorful clothes to match you colorful shoes :lol:.....add a few rock influences like skull appearal, chain belts, skinny jeans aaaaaaaand there's your new trend.LOL

Guest dying1004

OMG. david lei brandt from vfc. i know himmmmmmmmmm. ahhhhhhhhh. he went to an adjacent high school, and so i'd see him at rehearsalsss. he's such a good singer =]

Guest Jaely

i'd just like to say, that um none of these guys probably even know who big bang, shinee, or tvxq are. so how are they trying to be them ? & boybands began in america anyway, so they aren't trying to follow any asian concepts of a boyband. & you people are just judging by their looks. no wonder kpop is all about looks nowadays :P i've meet a majority of these guys & their great. their style, isn't from big bang or shinee ect. its just what's in in here. bb & shinee probably got their style from the west. i know that big bang is heavily influenced by the west.

Guest mo0shell

I know like 2 of those listed there? LOL

Hahahaha! I grew up listening to old boygroups :X

And nowadays, I mainly listen to Korean/Mandarin/Japanese music

So, I'm not updated anymore with them :X

I know right, couldn't agree with you more.

Guest tokyohoney

i think america is over the whole boy band phase, maybe thats why they arent as big as what boy band back then used to be

Guest tofuu

Honestly... I've never heard of any of them lmao. I kind of like the concept all of them went for though

I think the hottest thing right now are solo artists, there isn't much of a crazy with boy bands anymore.

Guest Tonyc402

Boybands suck period. Most boybands(be it asian or western) are are just packaged and trained kids so that companies can milk in money cuz they know fangirls will do it.

Boybands suck period. Most boybands(be it asian or western) are are just packaged and trained kids so that companies can milk in money cuz they know fangirls will do it.

THANK U!!!

People seem to think their asian boybands are gifts to god :rolleyes:

Guest wakeupluv

i think NLT is officially broken up. I have them as a friend on myspace and one of them posted a blog and he said that they are broken up. But he assured the fans that the guys relationship is still strong, it's just that the company doesn't want to put up more money, something happen with their company. so for now, one of them is pursuing acting, another working on a solo, and the other two doesn't know yet.

http://blog.myspace.com/travisgarlandmusic --> here's the link if ya wanna read

Guest superivystar

^WHAT! NO! and i was so looking forward to their album.. :(

THANK U!!!

People seem to think their asian boybands are gifts to god :rolleyes:

you meant from? not to? ^_^

Guest traveler

My heart still belongs to the Backstreet Boys :phew:<3

It's funny how I know all the old groups you posted, but I don't know any of the new ones.

Archived