Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest baby-swts

New Generation Of Boy Groups/bands (present 2009)**

Guest a-dang

rofl, why does the first group look like theyre trying to be big bang or shinee?

its sooooo obviousssssssssssssssssssss .... they cant pull of the look...

oh comeon

its as if bigbang or whatever made this look

im so sick of people saying its "big bang's style"

its not.

Guest KuYA II

The only group I know from those list are NLT and from my biased view, they have great voices. My sister in the other hand is obsessed with one of the guys in the group. I only like one song from them which I forgot what it was called. Other than that for some reason no one can't beat the boy groups in the 90's hence Nsync and BB era.

Guest prisonerzero

NLT's been around for a couple of years, but they've been trying to release their album for about two years now. It keeps getting pushed back. They said it would definitely come out by Christmas 2008, and nothing.

Guest EUNSHIHAE

i like NLT.

but sorry, none of those new groups will EVER be as big and popular as

Backstreet Boys and NSYNC and the rest that you mentioned.

but...

why the heck do people keep comparing these new groups to kpop groups?

they're all boybands and of course they're all going to look alike. And quit saying

that they're trying to copy Big Bang and SHINee, it's not like they invented that

style.

Guest jeannguyen

I prefer the old boybands..the old boybands look more mature, older, and bigger compared to the new ones..

Guest myGLAMrocks

*look at these fangirls..lol..so stupid..aha*

Anyways, i don't think boy bands are popular anymore. Now people are becoming solo artists.

I miss the Backstreet Boy and NSYNC days..lol..

Guest DongBangJunior_x

these dont seem very famous to me...

Never heard any of them exept for varsity fanclub because of my friend...They seem good at dancing lol

Guest repeat_on_echo

For some reason, boy bands in America make me giggle because they've been out for a while now, but who knows, maybe something drastic will happen, I mean after all '09 will be full of changes... hopefully.

where in america do you see white boys rocking that look? with that much color? sorry, never seen it.

did one of them get plastic surgery? his nose looks way off, lmao

WTF? :blink:

U think Korea started this trend???

i dont know why

but it jus doesnt work for western guys anymore to be in these type of boybands

the first one look cool

the others jus look rly gaayyy

western guys are jus mre masculine - thts why asian men can pull it off being all feminine and all !!!

But whatevs, i mean NSync and Backstreet were able to do it so whatevers

AGREED. loads of producers take asian things because it hasnt been done and they feel that no one will know in the western world about it - thinking its "new and fresh" - i mean girls aloud took the whole "old styl" from the wondergirls video ya know the dresses and thts feel

Im studying PR and i wanna focus on music so i have to research this. And since the boyband thing is getting HUGE in asia, westerners are probably noticing a pattern and starting it up again in the west, plus the whole man-band thing

But to me its just not working that much....

What? have you heard of En Vogue??

they were doing the "vintage" before Wondergirls even knew how to walk #1

2. No No No, trust me the west doesnt have to copy asia to ahead as far as boybands are concerned.

Go do more research

Lol at these groups copying Big Bang and Shinee

I hope I don't get in trouble for saying people who think that are incredibly BAKA!!

Yes Menudo is old as hell and yes technically they are the latino morning musume.

Guest China-doll

where can I download some of their songs??

Guest Lucy

i definitely prefer korean boybands. maybe cause i'm just used to seeing it. O_O

but korea did not start many of the trends...they only monopolized it.

and like some of you said...haha the first group definitely made me think "Big Bang".

but worse.

and this picture made me think of backstreet boys soooo much >__< LOL.

oh how i miss old school boy bands from the 90's. >__<

http://www.vfactorymusic.com/sites/vfactor...775%20FINAL.jpg

Guest adorkiable

wow im speechless that i never knew anything about these boybands.

i guess it shows that america boybands are ending..

i prefer solo artist in america..

Guest Tonyc402

lol, so you guys HONESTLY dont believe american execs check out the music scene in east asia? yea, okay, just like they dont check out the movie scene either... whateves.

yall need to stop downplaying the cultural influence of east asia, just because the west invented the boy band thing doesnt mean asians cant influence the west. not EVERYTHING originates in the west.

You obviously dont know anything about streetwear in America or Japan when you claimed that you've never seen the style before other then Big Bang/Shinee. What BB wears is pretty much from the US streetwear brands or Japanese brands. They wear the Hundreds(US),Stussy(US),10 Deep(US) , Nike(US), Swagger(JP), Bape(JP). These brands already existed way before BB even wore it , stop playing it as if its Big Bang's style when its not. Maybe you should do some research before claiming that these artists are trying to copy Big Bang's style.

Guest woaini715

Are a lot of these going to be Disney groups?

I know menudo won't be but what about the others, because that's the only way I can really see these working, but then again I guess they could just have a young fanbase.

Now that I think about it, there is Day 26 and I guess they were pretty popular, then again that a whole lot of publicity and an already built in fanbase and they're more r&b than pop.

Wasn't Menudo formed a while ago? Not in general but I mean this one, they had that show on MTV. Did they release anything directly after that?

I watched Zero from the one group and I don't think they're going to go far. Boybands like that just don't work over here. Their whole thing is just kind of corny.

Yea, menudo did release some songs, like "More Than Words" (check it out!), "Lost", "Move" and a couple of others. but theyre not mainstream, which sucks, cuz they really do deserve the fame and the attention

i definitely prefer korean boybands. maybe cause i'm just used to seeing it. O_O

but korea did not start many of the trends...they only monopolized it.

and like some of you said...haha the first group definitely made me think "Big Bang".

but worse.

First of all no one is asking whether u prefer korean bands over western bands

and NO Korea did not monopolize it, people dress this way EVERYDAY

perhaps if people get out of korean boyband lalala land and more into the real world u would know this.

sidenote: Since people wanna start the who copied who, and who is the best boyband

don't even start cuz u will get schooled/

New Edition is the best

this right here is the definition of a boyband

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnEi2MyqBlY

untouchable!!!! vocal and dance abilities=PWNAGE

Guest winterofdiscontent

Whoa at the debate this topic started.

It's funny how some people think that Koreans are like the trendsetters of the world. :rolleyes:

Guest lil_miss_kawaii

Why is everyone arguing about who copied who?!

It's silly

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion ---- this is why its called a forum *a place to open your mind*

But truthfully speaking - i think the western boybands look gay keke - they look like guys who couldn't be models or somethign so were stuck in a group of boys to become a boyband

keke

I think western boybands is outdated. Solo Artists are in. Boybands is big in Asia now but I think Boybands in USA are a bit...try hard - look at their faces! hehe

Not saying they arent good looking - i mean a bit o eye candy - but musically and dancing wise - not so much

We'll see how they go though. Good Luck I guess? Don't really think they'll go that far. If they go to asia maybe..but eh even if Big Bang come to US i dont think they'll be that big either.

--- <3 Lil Miss K

Guest Iaong

i still love BSB!!! they were awesome when I went to their concert...they still rock! ^^

Guest Marilori

First of all no one is asking whether u prefer korean bands over western bands

and NO Korea did not monopolize it, people dress this way EVERYDAY

perhaps if people get out of korean boyband lalala land and more into the real world u would know this.

sidenote: Since people wanna start the who copied who, and who is the best boyband

don't even start cuz u will get schooled/

New Edition is the best

this right here is the definition of a boyband

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnEi2MyqBlY

untouchable!!!! vocal and dance abilities=PWNAGE

Do you know how upset I am at the fact that people don't appreciate this kind of talent?

New Edition was a full package. Freaking amazing!.

Do you know how upset I am at the fact that people don't appreciate this kind of talent?

New Edition was a full package. Freaking amazing!.

Yawp!

New Edition all the way *sings Mr. Telephone Man"

it pisses me off how many boybands in the world half richard simmons their way to success

when REAL boyband talent like New Edition gets no love BOOOO!!!!

Forget Nsync, Varisty Boys,DBSK,Suju

New Edition is the real deal.

oh yeah and how can people fix their mouths to say these western boys look gay??

you need to look at your lil korean boybands *cough Hero Heechul*