Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest baby-swts

New Generation Of Boy Groups/bands (present 2009)**

Guest vic_taebin

awww... miss the 90's. LOL. From the new groups mentioned, i've only listened to NLT. THey have pretty catchy songs, but they and these new groups have nothing compared to the old boybands.

BSB, NSYNC, and 98Degrees ruled my life back in the days. Man, i feel so old now. LOL.

Guest marasshi

I've only heard of NLT... They look okay, I guess, but no one beats the old boybands. :D

Guest chll51

I doubt any of these groups will ever surpass N'Sync or BSB. Maybe I'm too much of a fangirl or something but yeah... haven't heard about these groups either.

Guest kandi

er. i dont think they even know who big bang or shinee is.

anyway backstreet boys & nsync. ftw. it feels weird seeing an influx of boybands.

^ yeah solo artists are more popular.

exactly, geez some fangirls on here are too critical about others copying their fav boyband's sty;e. but really i think the bands have no idea who tvxq or shinee are.

Guest Sasami

Boy band? I didn't think it's that wide heard anymore in America. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the band boys in present time I have not heard of. There was like this big bang of american boy band in the 90's. I really think the age of boy band in America ended now it's all about rock band, Jones Brother and that's like the closest thing you will to a boy band in America.

Guest tamiko-x

LOL

to the "they copied shinee's style"

"Big bang style"

I live in london and A LOT of people dress like this.

Especially in summer.

I only found out about big bang like a year ago

And shinee like 3 months ago after becoming addicted to that replay song aha

And people around me have been wearing these kinds of clothes for ages

I LOL'ed even more at the girls aloud copying wondergirls

Do girls aloud even know who wonder girls are?

Seriously now people.

And you know those chunky gold necklaces and big nerd glasses that big bang wear?

RUN DMC WORE THOSE IN THE 90's!

Next thing you know the whole R&B genre will become "big bang style too"

:|

I still love big bang and I still have some n sync and bsb songs on my ipod ahah :'D

i never heard of any of them lol.

oh mang bsb and nysync daysss :)

i still have bsb songs in my mp3 <3

Guest Twinny

I thought Boy groups are really out in the US. I remember I really like the Backstreet boys hahaha..

Guest IlikeChicken

It's kinda funny....Looks like they got emo-fied

edit-

lol soompi fangirls are stupid.."THEY COPIED BIGBANG and Shinee!!"

God they're like braindead or something

Guest winged_monster

Yeah most of the big bang and shinee comments I understand. But when I first saw those groups, I thought they were copying hip hop and other American clothing and the recent surge in 80's style. It looks different from American clothes because the colors have changed (mainly under Japanese influence, not even Korean) and arrangement is different, but its still the same.Small world.

Guest o1honey

.... who are these people? LOL

i don't know ANY of them O_o.. i actually couldn't think of any new american boybands before i clicked on this thread

IMO.. not my thing

.. Big Bang for life <3

Guest dorkafied!

american boy bands are coming back? O_O?

never heard of any of them though :mellow:

Guest crackednut

where in america do you see white boys rocking that look? with that much color? sorry, never seen it.

:blink: in..............NYC? American Apparel and the streetwear scene is huge there.

guys in Los Angeles are also big on that look too, have been for a while

And Menudo is ollllllllllllllllld (Ricky Martin used to be in it). They're like precursor to Morning Musume, taking out old members and bringing in new ones.

and no ONE boyband is copying from the other, thats just crazy talk :lol: (silly rabbit, trix are for kids)

They're all going along with the current popular trend. Big Bang didn't start the look and Varsity Fanclub didn't either. Sure it'd be epic to say some boyband started a fashion trend but its usually them hooking onto a look thats already been going on.

That is, exactly, the definition of a boyband. A product of careful consumer evaluation and observation of what makes teen girls squeal, scream, cry and spend mass amounts of money on merchandise.

They're pretty much like Furbies.

With all that said, the only boyband I've been listening to is D'Nash.

HEY HEY HEY!

Guest toanyone21

where in america do you see white boys rocking that look? with that much color? sorry, never seen it.

are you serious? theres a lot of people who wears those kind of styles. that style is popluar.

Guest baby-swts

Im pretty sure Varsity Fanclub knows who Shinee is :)

because their new producer for a song coming out on Jan 13th is Sean Alexander

who worked on TaeYangs "HOT", DBSK's "MIROTC"

& Shinee's "AMIGO"

so maybe they've checked his stuff out hehe dunno :P

possibility?

Guest megaSTEPxo

the first group really reminded me of Big Bang.. that it's just..weird.

I feel so outdated and old since I grew up in the BSB, NSync era.. and I havent heard of any of these new groups.

Guest rentrule

jonas brother won't be consider a boyband because they play instruments while singing and they do not dance

Guest CLOUD:7

Varsity Fanclub does remind me of Big Bang! So colorful..

Oh man, O Town! I totally forgot about them! Nothing beats the classic Backstreet Boys and NSYNC.

Guest sweetgirl_121

Gosh I miss BSB, N'sync and Westlife. I never heard of the new groups, I don't know why but now a days western Boys band feel out of place. lol @ fangirls comments"American bands are coping BB & Shinee ".