New Generation Of Boy Groups/bands (present 2009)**

Guest baby-swts

Guest pangstar_lOVEs_herojaejoon

ooh..intresting..

some of the members are acutually really goodlooking,

but the idea of american boyband...kinda scare me...

in a werid way,

but i cant wait to listen to some of their music!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Allison

Lol at people who think they got their look from Big Bang or Shinee. Sure, everyone's following the Korean trend nowadays.

Ditto. Haha (:

THE NERDY GUY FROM SPYKIDS3? Oh gosh, I remember having a crush on him xD Hahaha.

Varsity Fanclub is pretty chill. I've only heard of NLT & Menudo before I saw this thread.

Guest sweet_hunny

:lol: Boybands are soo not in anymore in the international stages compared to the Asian (possibly Europe) counterparts. NKOTB are trying to bring it back but it's just so ridiculous ><!

I admit I was a HUGE fan of BSB and N'Sync since it was fun to listen to although I am sort of ashamed of it now :sweatingbullets:. I remember there was a boyband from the UK called 5ive or something where they had this song that was addictive (back then) called "When the lights go out" and as you listen to the music now, the lyrics are pretty suggestive and was a huge :blink: moment for me. Trust me boybands should NOT come back this generation.

Guest winter.love

Wow, how much music has changed since the early 00's :blink:

So strange to see American boybands...

I've only listen to NLT & V-Factory.

I remember listening to the Backstreet Boys when I was like 9 :blush:

Guest doofus9

never heard of any of the new ones except menudo. the new generation of boy bands are so freaking metro... i miss the days when every girl was obsessed with backstreet boys and nsync. good ol' days :[

LAWL I know right.

Yeah ditto. I don't know why they still exist in America. It seems like the most popular people now are solo artists.

so true but in my opinion, boy bands are not as popular as girl groups in the US. The only popular boy band is the Jonas Brothers. Leading the young teen idol world. In Asia, boy bands are still popular.

I still love Backstreet Boys though. Their songs/music are really great. I was just listening to Incomplete a while ago. Yes, I still have their old songs in my computer. LOL! :P

Guest Chakra'ca

so true but in my opinion, boy bands are not as popular as girl groups in the US. The only popular boy band is the Jonas Brothers. Leading the young teen idol world. In Asia, boy bands are still popular.

I still love Backstreet Boys though. Their songs/music are really great. I was just listening to Incomplete a while ago. Yes, I still have their old songs in my computer. LOL! :P

I think girl groups work so much better because they're sexy, and they can do choreographed dance routines without looking stupid.

I think the only reason Jonas Brothers don't seem weird (well that's debatable), and aren't considered a boy band as much, is because they play instruments. I think if you're going to be a "boy band" you now have to either play instruments, or you CAN'T dance, standing their and singing is fine but don't do goofy choreographed dance routines. No matter how good the dance is, or how well they can dance, they'll still look stupid.

While these guys for Menudo are new, The original group was one of the first boy bands ever formed. They were formed in 1970. Long before it became an it factor and better than what you hear today from this group.

lol my mother was a menudo fan. she even had posters that she kept for years. sometimes i think that the guy from JE was a menudo fan or something like that ,because the johnnys' clothes and the menudo's clothes are so similar...completely ridiculous.

BTW menudo the original group was a rotational group and they changed members once they reached certain age (i think it was 18) thats why the group lasted like 30 years, the last generation of menudo ended when i was in junior high or in elementary school, i dont remember clearly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_inl2_X4CY menudo from 1981, this was one of the most popular formations

Guest baby-swts

yeah true that...

i dont see ever see any of the boy groups I listed on TV or anything.

they are to downlow

where as girlicious, PCD, and danity kane are like super famous already

and on the radios etc.

Guest PB&Banana

I don't think big bang/shinee started any trend the stylists themselves said that they took inspiration from other places forgot where but I know not asia

Realistically yeam America remakes asian movies but America very big in the music world so no I don't think these guys tried to copy big bang/shinee

I mean nowadays there is no such thing as 'originality' in the music scene

Guest j.a*star

lol they are not copying shinee and big bang.....i doubt they even know who they are...

and sorry but these guys have nothing on bsb and nsync!!! <3

Guest XOx_bOnBoN_xOX

I've never heard of any of these bands in my life except for Menudo and thats only because they had a competition to get into the band the on TV

Guest dreamsicle

As far as western boybands in general no one will ever replace Backstreet Boys for me, even though I don't really consider them one more like a vocal group.

And like someone said before me I have never heard of any of these new boybands before, am I behind or are they not mainstream

Amen to that! My generation was so lucky to grow up with them. :blush:

Guest Storytime

This is why I love my Asian boybands.

After BSB and N'sync - no other American boyband can ever live up to their legacy. I haven't even heard of these boybands before.

Guest NauticalJanine

everyone in my school LOVES menudo, including me. lol~ they're cute! but i love NLT more! JJ's my favorite, so cute :blush: . i like varsity's music but their choreography sucks. and i've never heard of v-factory.

and its ridiculous how people think westerners are following the korean trend.

Guest sarangg.x3

Umm, SHINee has their own stylist, and the stylist said himself that he chose SHINee's outfits based on western culture.

Not sure about Big Bang, but I completely disagree with the people who say that Varsity copied SHINee/BB's style.

And I'm a fan of both groups by the way;

Metro style is in these days... But anyways, it shouldn't matter, what matters is their talent, I guess. :sweatingbullets:

I personally lovelovelove Varsity, their rnb songs are so addictive, I don't think Zero is a good example

for them, try other songs like All Of Me or Babysteps. I've never heard of NLT before but they

seem prettyy good.. I'm gonna go check out their songs. :)

Archived