New Generation Of Boy Groups/bands (present 2009)**

Guest baby-swts

Guest Ass3nav

rofl, why does the first group look like theyre trying to be big bang or shinee?

its sooooo obviousssssssssssssssssssss .... they cant pull of the look...

:rolleyes:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ling_ling

i dont know why

but it jus doesnt work for western guys anymore to be in these type of boybands

the first one look cool

the others jus look rly gaayyy

western guys are jus mre masculine - thts why asian men can pull it off being all feminine and all !!!

But whatevs, i mean NSync and Backstreet were able to do it so whatevers

lol, so you guys HONESTLY dont believe american execs check out the music scene in east asia? yea, okay, just like they dont check out the movie scene either... whateves.

yall need to stop downplaying the cultural influence of east asia, just because the west invented the boy band thing doesnt mean asians cant influence the west. not EVERYTHING originates in the west.

AGREED. loads of producers take asian things because it hasnt been done and they feel that no one will know in the western world about it - thinking its "new and fresh" - i mean girls aloud took the whole "old styl" from the wondergirls video ya know the dresses and thts feel

Im studying PR and i wanna focus on music so i have to research this. And since the boyband thing is getting HUGE in asia, westerners are probably noticing a pattern and starting it up again in the west, plus the whole man-band thing

But to me its just not working that much....

Guest Marilori

i dont know why

but it jus doesnt work for western guys anymore to be in these type of boybands

the first one look cool

the others jus look rly gaayyy

western guys are jus mre masculine - thts why asian men can pull it off being all feminine and all !!!

AGREED. loads of producers take asian things because it hasnt been done and they feel that no one will know in the western world about it - thinking its "new and fresh" - i mean girls aloud took the whole "old styl" from the wondergirls video ya know the dresses and thts feel

Im studying PR and i wanna focus on music so i have to research this. And since the boyband thing is getting HUGE in asia, westerners are probably noticing a pattern and starting it up again in the west, plus the whole man-band thing

But to me its just not working that much....

I am a fan of the Wondergirls, but I have to disagree with you there. That style originated here and widely fashioned in Europe, not in Asia. JYP himself said that he was inspired by the Motown era for their new single "Nobody".

And a lot of you are saying that these groups copied Korean Boy bands when you all know it's not true. Sure the influences between both countries can be shared, but a majority of the time Korean Boy Bands are influenced by Westernized styles. You can cast a blind eye to it all, but that's just ignorant of you.

And just to let you know, a majority of African American are the ones who wear the purples, greens and pinks. And that's only because of the sneakers they want to match >>

Hm, I didn't know to be in a boyband you have to look like a girl.

Yes, but does that include EVERTHING? Just because you see some similarities in their style it doesn't always mean their look is based on Big Bang or Shinee.

And the bolded part, oh God. Funniest thing I've heard for awhile.

Looks like you need to do more research. :/

Guest ling_ling

^

I didnt say EVERYTHING i just said they took things - its true too - And ive done the research! i did a project on it for media studies. When ur a PR and working for a new company you do RESEARCH which means researching other countries aswell as jus the one your in. EVERYONE DOES IT i didnt say it was JUST THE WEST - Im not stupid - i do know that asia copy western things too - im jus saying its NOT JUST asia who steal west, the west take asian things aswell - and obviously saw the boyband thng as a good PR oppurtunity as it is rising on the other side of the world.

ANd i never said shinee and big bang were the style to copy - i actually think Big Bang (minus g-dragon atm) are heavily influenced by western culture - i mean look at seungri - he totally ripped of Justin Timberlake and TaeYang is like one of thos RnB guys like NeYo or Omarion. altho me and my sister agreed that YG is quite western compared to the other korean entertainment groups.

AND I NEVER BOLDED IT - the other poster did

and btw, being feminie doesnt mean being a girl - i just meant - boybands are seen as abit "feminine" for a guy to do - thats why a lot of guys go solo or are in BANDS (lik jo-bros). I just think western guys are seen as not as metro as asian guys and not as like "oo look at me, we'r so

why is it soompi ppl tke things WAY OUT OF CONTEXT?!

Guest epique.

BACKSTREET BOYS & NSYNC were my loves <3

i loved them. *sigh* i remember those days.

i don't like those new boybands.

the only one i recognized was NLT.

& to tell you the truth i don't like NLT.

but good luck to them... ...

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Aw man, BBMak and Backstreet Boys were the best back then =(

As for the new boy groups ... does the Jonas Brothers count.

... But holy good god, I can't stand them. They can't sing and I wouldn't say this if I couldn't sing better than them.

As for ones posted above, I have no problem with them since I haven't heard their music.

I mean if they're music is good, there should be no cons against them.

i recognize every single one of those old boybands XD haha

i can probably even sing to their songs until now.. its hardwired inside my brain lolol

you girls forgot A1 .. they were quite popular too

and i don't know.. maybe its because i was from that generation

the new guys aren't that appealing

they look like a more literal westernized big bang XDD

rofl, why does the first group look like theyre trying to be big bang or shinee?

its sooooo obviousssssssssssssssssssss .... they cant pull of the look...

Neither can Big Bang or Shinee.

Honestly, I don't know why people think omg! Big Bang and Shinee are soo stylish... 80% of the time the outfits they wear make them look retarded. Like G-Dragon's stupid raccoon hat or whatever the hell it is... it just looks as though someone scraped roadkill off the highway and made it into a hat. I don't even want to get started on Shinee.

Anyway, I doubt boybands in America nowadays will be as popular as the ones in the 90s.. :ph34r:

THE BOYBAND ERA IS DEAD! LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY!

lol, so you guys HONESTLY dont believe american execs check out the music scene in east asia? yea, okay, just like they dont check out the movie scene either... whateves.

yall need to stop downplaying the cultural influence of east asia, just because the west invented the boy band thing doesnt mean asians cant influence the west. not EVERYTHING originates in the west.

It's funny that you mention this... this type of style ORIGINATED in the WEST. In Europe, I believe? So how is this "cultural influence of East Asia"?

When I saw the MV for Varsity Fanclub's Future Love,

there was this scene where you see the boys dressed in red...

First thing I thought was SHINee's outfits in the Replay MV

WOW! Jared and that guy from Zoey 101 is in a BOY GROUP?

That's something. Really interesting. Man, I really can't picture it.

I wonder how they sound like...I'm gonna look them up!

The only new groups I've heard of are Varsity and NLT.

Guest adorkiable

wow..i never knew they existed..

i guess it's b/c im in love with big bang soo much that i forgot about american boybands..

nickk!! i haven't seen the other boy bands in action but i do know that nick (in V factory) is an awesome dancer. he's in quest too.

this is funny because i ve never heard any of the new ones EVER! maybe NLT but i never finished watching their music video. i didnt know ashley tisdale s bf was in a boy band. boy bands arent very popular in america anymore. korean boy bands are still better =X

Archived