New Generation Of Boy Groups/bands (present 2009)**

Guest baby-swts

Wow.. such a heated topic. I don't think any of these boybands will ever be as good as boybands back in the day. They just don't compare. In my opinion anyways.

Sorry for the essay. :sweatingbullets:

I know all of these boybands. :ph34r:

Varsity Fanclub; they have a few okay songs but they're definitely going down that "Disney" route. Ew. They have some amusing YouTube videos though. And as for them wearing color and clothes like Big Bang.. VFC has actually been around for awhile (I think they debuted in 2006 like Big Bang) and they've always had the color thing going on. Like their MySpace used to look like a rainbow. It was.. bright. :wacko: And they've kind of dressed like that for awhile and I highly doubt they even know who Big Bang is to be honest. And the one that was in the Spy Kids movie? He was actually in NLT for like 2.5 seconds back in the day. :rolleyes:

Menudo; they formed a little over a year ago from that show on MTV. I didn't like them or their music at first but when I saw them on tour with NLT and V Factory almost a year ago I liked them. They're all extremely nice guys and pretty amusing. They have like 20 leaked songs on YouTube so I'm sure you can find one. :rolleyes: They definitely have some good songs and they're popularity is rising lately so you should check them out. (:

NLT; good old NLT.. horrible management. I've known about them for over a year and they've been around for like 3 or 4 years now. They have some good songs and they're decent dancers. I know awhile back they were compared with Big Bang and Big Bang fans were saying that they stole dance moves from Big Bang and stole Big Bang's "style" but actually you know Shaun Evaristo that choreographs for Big Bang from time to time? He actually choreographs some for NLT and V Factory. The only downside to NLT is that only two of them sing (Travis and Kevin). V (he started the band) and JJ are kind of just backup dancers/backup vocals. That's a little harsh and blunt but it's the truth.

V Factory; .. not much to say about them. They have a some good songs and they make funny YouTube videos. That's about it. ><

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jiwoneex3

so many pretty faces. (:

but no one will ever be as good as BSB <3

their music, lyrics, looks = love.

i loved NSYNC too,

but sorry, no one really sang besides Justin and JC.

and i used to have a huge crush on Lance ):

Guest _ATELIER

NLT, VARSITY FANCLUB, AND MENUDO FTW LMFAO.

lulz menudo because i deem them clever for writing a song using vowels. xD

NLT is by far my fav <3 TRAVIS.

varsity fanclub has the corniest songs but they're all strangely addictive.

Guest Mercetti

hmmm Never heard of any of them...

I must stick to my KAT-TUN and Super Junior just because I adore the heck out of my sexy Akanishi Jin and Yesung.

Say it with me. 'Sexxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyyyyyy' (Or should I say 'Sekushiiii')

Guest xl0v3juicy

so many pretty faces. (:

but no one will ever be as good as BSB <3

their music, lyrics, looks = love.

i loved NSYNC too,

but sorry, no one really sang besides Justin and JC.

and i used to have a huge crush on Lance ):

Oh me too! Lance, Lance, Lance :) .

Anywho, I always laugh when people claim their precious korean boybands to be "original". While I do believe that Big Bang pulls off that style way better than Varsity, i'm pretty sure that style originiated from america

boy band is soo out now...

Can't believe there are still little girls obsessed with them..

... that's something I never expected to read in Soompi :ph34r::ph34r:

Guest lil_miss_kawaii

^

Lmao init :P

with the amount of FanGirls hehe

but to be fair that comment was probably from a over 18er (ya know - the minority of soompi)

--- <3 Lill Miss K

Guest Top'sWifey

i mean girls aloud took the whole "old styl" from the wondergirls video ya know the dresses and thts feel

girls aloud dont even know sho wondergirls is???

wonder girls got whole nobody concept from Dream girls , its so bait ,

so if anything wonder girls n girls aloud copied dream girls , n the whole supremes thing.

so get your facts right.

ling_ling and two hearts collided= delusional! LOL

You girls think Asia( or really Korea) created everything, don't you? LOL

Shinee= America in the 80s and Big Bang= hiphop in the 90s. Who do they get for choreography? It is Americans a majority of times. Plus look how much they copy Japan.

Now with that said, yes I do miss boybands but I do appreciate that Asia still has them :)

Guest aizutto

Personally,I heard about all of them from MySpace.

My personal favourite are Varsity Fanclub.

Their songs are amazing.

There are a few others that I knew of on Myspace that aren't mentioned here who are pretty awesome!

I actually love all the new boy bands. Especially NLT.

I've heard a few songs from each of them and i love it.

I think its so stupid how people think theyre trying to be big bang, or shinee or whatever other korean boy bands. Some people on soompi seem to have the mind set that the whole world revoles around kpop. please.

Guest rentrule

calling western boyband gay is pretty weird when you compare it to kpop boyband because i do not want to be mean but heechul and his so call fanservice is consider pretty gay and this yunjae obsession is pretty gay also

but goodluck to those boyband

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Xiahxingxing

I don't know about this

but it would be hilarious to me if the boy band craze strikes again in America lol

I'm all for my Kpop boy band though

They're so unique and I love their style more

oh and I would be excited if there is a new generation of girl groups

Like Wonder Girls and Girl's Generation :)

Nobody and Gee are so addicting!

Archived