Asian Celebrities Who Entered University

Guest Xiao Miss

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest inubaka25

it makes sense that yunho and junsu majored in business

and why some others major in economics and finance.

but kato shigeaki in law? and mizushima hiro in public policy? surprising.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xiao jia

i'm so impressed by these celebrities!!! proves that there are still those who have brains along with incredible looks and/or voice!

Guest valley girl

Utada Hikaru went to Columbia University.

i'm surprised that not one mentioned her lols ;]

sorry she's not Graduated it ~ i mean finished her school in columbia..

Gam Woo Sung - Seoul National University art major

Guest diopatra

Charlene gonzales, the filipina actress/model, before she joined Ms. Universe, i think she had a B.S Biology Degree from University of Sto Tomas. Yeah she's a beauty queen.

a few young celebs here in philippines go to school. and some older celebs also go back to school to finish degree.

Sharon cuneta, also taking a business degree in University of the Philippines.

Maxine Magalona studying in Ateneo University

Ryan agoncillo -i think he also have a degree.

Marian Rivera- went to Lasalle, though not sure if she finishes school

actually what i really find bizarre, our basketball players here in philippines. for a player to be qualified to play in the professional league, you need to be graduate in college/university. but if you look at the Major they studied, majority of them take sports-related. and most of the time they dont attend classes yet graduate.

sorry she's not Graduated it ~ i mean finished her school in columbia..

Just like Kim Jung Hoon who was listed in first post; he dropped out of Seoul uni to pursue acting career. This thread is for those who entered uni, not graduated from uni.

Guest goldfishinthesky

I always thought it was kind of weird that Ariel Lin majored in Korean.

i believe she wanted to be selected into korean dramas// you know keep her option open--not just in taiwanese dramas but also korea--b/c korea is known for their dramas/films etc. so it was probably that

and i kind of understand why celebs would take courses such as business rather than their work related courses// i guess this is something they can fall back on//and of course when they retired from their roles (hopefully not anytime soon) as idols/actors etc, they might want to open some kind of business to furthur expand their wealth etc.

well that's how i think it is---

Guest freddie.o1

I know Mike He, Ethan Ruan, and Joe Cheng go to the same university together, but I don't know what they are taking.

i certainly wouldnt mind going to their university :D

three goodlooking guys ^_^

Guest Kdrama_luvr

It's amazing how some celebrities manage to

go to school while still going on with their career.

But some of them didn't graduate/earn the degree

yet, right? Because I remember how KJH was majoring

in dentistry at Seoul University but he dropped out..(?)

JYP went to the save university as my parents...

And my mom was majoring in economics too...and they're

about the same age...hmmm....It'd be hillarious if my parents

had been in the same class as JYP. :D and very cool, but

I doubt they would have been.

Kim Tae Hee is both pretty and has brains...no wonder people

respect and she gets all those cf offers~ :)

Guest janelleski

i am really surprised when i saw someone took law. i dunno how long it will take to study law in other countries, but in my country you'll be needing a 4 year bachelor course (related to law is not a must though, but units required in law is a must) and an additional 4 years to study law per se. i just cannot believe that celebrities do have that much time to read volumes and volumes of books. anyway, once the title ATTY. is attached to their name, i'll definitely bow down. it's not easy to have such a title and to be a celebrity at the same time!

Guest sarsee

I laughed. How does one major in Hotel Management in an Ivy League University? Hotel Management is what community college students major in.

The original poster must have meant

George Brown College in Toronto, Canada.

There's a huge difference between a "College" and "University" in Canada. A College in Canada is the equivalent to a community college in the States.

GBC offers a Hotel Management program.

Guest Joanne <3

Wow, Kim Jung Hoon and dentistry, I'm impressed. Same to the Japanese guys studying law. I never knew Junsu and Yunho studied business... are Yoobin and Sungmin also studying the same?

Archived