Asian Celebrities Who Entered University

Guest Xiao Miss

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iridescence

How can you find it attention grabbing to want to do something other than entertainment when entering college? Not everyone relies on entertainment for the rest of their lives. For some, fame is only fleeting. I think it's quite a smart move for them.

Guest hoistdacolors

^ I agree. I mean, look at the Hollywood stars. Most of them probably never finished high school.

can you name those that didn't finish high school?

i can name quiet a few celebrities that went for higher education in good schools without doing any research.

jodie foster - yale

natalie portman - harvard

edward norton - yale

matt damon - harvard

lucy liu - u. michigan, i think

Jake & Maggie Gyllenhaal - columbia

I heard will smith declined a scholarship to MIT

and my personal favorite

conando o'brien - harvard

Guest Atmosphere.

LOL yunho and junsu studying business. I think they have a lot of competition between each other especially when they both know how to dance and sing. But that's good that they are both majoring in business.

Wow.. Yeo Jin is studying to become a Hotel manager?? Wow! I can so see them as a hotel manager!!! But I wonder if she's going to be the nice hotel manager!

Yeah.. it's so understandable that Kim Tae Hee wants to study Fashion Design, she really fits the part. I saw her sketching for fashion clothes, she's really good! But her drawings look like any other drawings that I've seen, so I guess she's not in that unique level just yet.

Park Jin Young is majoring in Economics? Lol.. what for? I thought he already graduated college, but he's taking course in college again?

Whoa Tablo for Creative Writing! Didn't expect it... how does people know what major they are studying for?

WOW Kim Jung Hoon for DENTIST?!?!?! I cannot see him as dentist at all.. that's so surprising!

Aww... Han Ga In.. I can really imagine her helping tourist with tourism!!

WOWOWOWOW ARRON YAN IS HOTHOTHOTHOTHOHTOHTT his smile is soo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, and wow journalism!! OMG!!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...

a lotta these didn't graduate (yet) though and the ones that did, many did it before becoming an entertainer..

The Keio kids... Hiro and Keisuke are both "kikoku shijo" meaning that they're kids who were living abroad and then came back (there's a special admissions exam for kids with these conditions. Plus I think Hiro might have gotten in on a soccer scholarship... I remember reading that somewhere but then he got injured and quit) Sakurai Sho was a Keio boy from kindergarten + his dad is a government official so it's not surprising. (but He actually got really good grades + graduated on time + received some scholarships for academic performance while he was in school so for reals props to him.) And Konno Asami from MM, she was always said to be really smart (like top rank in class before MM)... so her fans always thought she'd be able to get into a good college if she wanted.

Koyama Keiichiro is ended up graduating w/ a major in geography or something like that.

Japanese singer Crystal Kay also went to Sophia U, she majored in International Liberal Arts.

Verbal from M-flo went to Boston College and then after he graduated, enrolled in Gordon Conwell Seminary and was about to become a pastor but then by chance debuted w/ M-flo.

can you name those that didn't finish high school?

i can name quiet a few celebrities that went for higher education in good schools without doing any research.

jodie foster - yale

natalie portman - harvard

edward norton - yale

matt damon - harvard

lucy liu - u. michigan, i think

Jake & Maggie Gyllenhaal - columbia

I heard will smith declined a scholarship to MIT

and my personal favorite

conando o'brien - harvard

I agree...there is no need to generalized all "Hollywood" stars as so.

One more to add: Alicia Keys completed high school at 16 and was accepted to Columbia University, but later on dropped out. The girl is not only talented and beautiful, but also smart.

-ida

Kim Jung Hoon has the smarts and brains and gets accepted to Dentistry school. He decided not to attend and instead wants to become a singer and actor in the Korean entertainment industry. He will become one cute looking dentist if he did not choose to become a Korean celebrity.

Guest janelleski

i know Wu Zun went to RMIT :) that's why he's so fluent in english.

why does ariel lin want to major in korean?

about robbie domingo... hmmm... didn't know that ADMU offers science courses. the main school i think is more of a business school :D

kim jung hoon dropped dentistry. he majored in acting in chung-ah uni

where is kwon sang woo? i think he finished business too. lol im too lazy to look for it but yeah he finished his course and entered military before entering showbiz. lee young ae went to university too i know.

oh and i didn't know the "A" was from UCLA! i thought he would go to a university in atlanta :P

marian rivera finished psychology in lasalle and was even a SPED tacher before she became an actress.

Archived