Asian Celebrities Who Entered University

Guest Xiao Miss

Guest Xiao Miss

but did not take any course related to entertainment
I had been lurking at the thread in the Korean Celebs forum about stars who have high IQ so I got to know that many of them went to college without taking a course in drama/theater/music. I have nothing against artists who choose to do so but I find it attention-grabbing whenever I read about celebs who enter college and take a different course from entertainment which seems to be more of a norm for artists. I did a little research and here is some of the people I could come up with. The fact that they actually spare time for college is already fascinating enough but the fact that some of them actually take courses that are not related to their work is quite intriguing. I am sorry for any mistakes because I just searched these online.

DBSK Yunho and Junsu-Myeongji University, Business

2vj6des.jpg

Choi Yeo Jin-George Brown University, Hotel Management

35jjwvt.jpg

Kim Tae Hee-Seoul University, Fashion Design

n4hb3a.jpg

JYP-Yonsei University, Economics

2mrcrhx.jpg

Tablo-Stanford University, Creative Writing

2wd3ude.jpg

Kim Jung Hoon-Seoul University, Dentistry

3025jxt.jpg

Han Ga In-Kyunghee University, Tourism

2135cn9.jpg

Ariel Lin-National Chengchi University, Korean

33dbh1h.jpg

Arron Yan of Fahrenheit-Chinese Culture University, Journalism

2cztri8.jpg

F4 Vic Chou-Hsing Wu University, Business Administration

29vgetx.jpg

Wu Zun of Fahrenheit-RMIT University, Business

zybp1x.jpg

Calvin Chen of Fahrenheit-National Chengchi University, Public Finance

mn24nr.jpg

Sakurai Sho of Arashi-Keio University, Economics

34qpfn5.jpg

Mizushima Hiro-Keio University, Public Policy

90yf4h.jpg

Koide Keisuke-Keio University, Literature

ogj3ep.jpg

Konno Asami of Morning Musume-Keio University, Environmental Science

244a6bm.jpg

Koyama Keiichiro of News-Meiji University, Literature

kbde09.jpg

Kitagawa Keiko-Meiji University, Chinese

160a9o2.jpg

Yamapi of News-Meiji University, Economics

2cqhfrq.jpg

Tegoshi Yuuya of News-Waseda University, Human Informatics

1z56yhu.jpg

Nakamaru Yuichi of Kattun-Waseda University, Environmental Studies

6gejv5.jpg

Kato Shigeaki of News-Aoyama Gakuin University, Law

20rn243.jpg

Yamamini coopera Shoon-Asia University, Law

2q9hws4.jpg

Kusano Hironori-Hosei University, Career Design

28jedrm.jpg

Beni Arashiro-Sophia University, Political Science

izyj46.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only remember these two actors of musical the Prince of Tennis fame who attended University.

Minami Keisuke [actor & member of boyband PureBoys] - Waseda University (Political Economics)

2006062f032f492fe004524ax6.jpg

He's currently in J-drama 'Mei-chan no Sh!tsuji' with Mizushima Hiro and Sato Takeru =D

Ikegami Shoma [stage actor] - currently doing Masters in Tokyo University (Agro-Informatics)

imgshoma01fu8.jpg

I found his name in the list of laboratory members in Todai site =D M1(Sagara Lab) . If I'm not mistaken he got his degree from the same university too [in Engineering].

Guest sheart

^ lol what the smarttttt.

i think things like business and maybe even econ or fashion can relate to the entertainment business quite easily.

even in tablo's case, he references a lot of literature in his music..

Ikegami Shoma [stage actor] - currently doing Masters in Tokyo University (Agro-Informatics)

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/825/imgshoma01fu8.jpg

I found his name in the list of laboratory members in Todai site =D M1(Sagara Lab) . If I'm not mistaken he got his degree from the same university too.

Todai??...wow..and doing masters, he must be hella smart then..

Guest distorted-daytime

It's nice to see that these celebs aren't only skilled in acting / performing, but also in other fields. Being a celeb may not last for a very long time so it's good that they invested in a college degree. :)

i thought Kim Jung Hoon gave up dentistry to pursuit singing & acting... :huh:

but he has the whole package...handsome with a brain....hehe

i just look up thru wikipedia ('mayb' a reliable source hehe)...he's currently a senior in Chung-Ang University where he majors in acting.

Minami Keisuke [actor & member of boyband PureBoys] - Waseda University (Political Economics)

Wow Tokyo uni and waseda! smartttt!

and i see some law students too, i wonder how they got time to juggle both studies and career, law is a really heavy course!

I think kim jung hoon went to switched to chung an university to major in drama or sth related to showbiz. I forgot. But he's one smart guy. Kth has both beauty and brains.

And I always thought the dongbang boys are studying music...didnt know yunho and xiah are majoring in buisness

Guest JaeHoLove

I knew Ariel Lin always like Korean but never thought she would take the course in University, I wonder if she can speak Korean fluently or not..

Yun Ho looks like someone who would take Business haha but not Jun Su LOL!!

Guest mihsayam

I only remember these two actors of musical the Prince of Tennis fame who attended University.

I found his name in the list of laboratory members in Todai site =D M1(Sagara Lab) . If I'm not mistaken he got his degree from the same university too.

Are they members of D-Boys? Todai makes me go wow. Waseda is not something to scoff about either. Both schools are up there in the best universities in Japan list. I heard admissions at both were pretty hard. I know smart people who failed to get admission at Waseda and geniuses who didn't make it to Todai. The fact that these boys even made it there are great achievments not to mention that they are in showbiz too.

There was actually a thread here on soompi just yesterday about Inoo Key of Hey Say Jump,

being accepted into Meiji University and will be majoring in architecture.

q13.jpg

Finally, something Yamapi and I have in common.

EDIT:

Suju's Kim Heechul majored in something related to IT.

59657489wi1.jpg

Todai??...wow..and doing masters, he must be hella smart then..

Yes, he IS smart. I'm impressed that he's gotten into Todai in the first place, but continuing his Masters there? Whoa~

Are they members of D-Boys? Todai makes me go wow. Waseda is not something to scoff about either. Both schools are up there in the best universities in Japan list. I heard admissions at both were pretty hard. I know smart people who failed to get admission at Waseda and geniuses who didn't make it to Todai. The fact that these boys even made it there are great achievments not to mention that they are in showbiz too.

No, they're not, but they're close to some D-boys members since they acted together in the musical =) Yes they're really serious about their studies, especially Ikegami. He was in the middle of doing his degree in Todai [Engineering, I think] when he got into the musical and I remembered him wrote in his blog, apologizing to his fans for not doing much activities since he's busy studying. I think it's really cool =)

Archived