Song Suggestions For Auditioning

Guest Boe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you want to sing really high like Mariah Carey?

LET ME TELL YOU THIS

you can..... yes... you CAN

you just have to know your own vocal chords, know how to work them

IT WAS PROVEN by scientist that 95% of every single female can do it

there is a certain technique to it

did you know that? i learned that last spring when i was searching up "THE WHISTLE REGISTER"

that's what mariah carey has

so if you want to sing like mariah carey

learn the technique

you can google it lol that's what i did

HAY I HAVE COMPLETED TAEYON'S IF =D

gona put a soundclip up soon =) YAY. [that is, if i figure out how to record with my camera! xD]

ohh and that mariah carey thing,, YAH I KNOW shes like..insane =="

but idk i just wanted to show i have a big range like her =="

cus i can go beyond alto and WAYY beyond soprano..

and i dont know many songs that have that big of a range =\

and lately i've gotten into rapping too =P

cus my normal talking voice is actually quite low...

i've tried some 1TYM,, its hard..but im looking into epik high as well..

lalalallalaalalalalal i wanna show YG all that i can do..~

HAY I HAVE COMPLETED TAEYON'S IF =D

gona put a soundclip up soon =) YAY. [that is, if i figure out how to record with my camera! xD]

ohh and that mariah carey thing,, YAH I KNOW shes like..insane =="

but idk i just wanted to show i have a big range like her =="

cus i can go beyond alto and WAYY beyond soprano..

and i dont know many songs that have that big of a range =\

and lately i've gotten into rapping too =P

cus my normal talking voice is actually quite low...

i've tried some 1TYM,, its hard..but im looking into epik high as well..

lalalallalaalalalalal i wanna show YG all that i can do..~

hey mee tooo

my normal talking voice is low too lol

i sounnd like a guy sometimes, which is scary lol

but you know what

i think it's hott lol

Guest Sweet_Asian819

OMG ~!

I'm so glad to find this thread xD

Thanks Boe for creating it ^___^

This is giving me more ideas ^^

I'm excited to try some of these song suggestions lol

Guest aiko_da luv child

Name: Jade

Sex: Female

Vocal Range: In class, I'm a soprano but I think I'm mezzo soprano

Preferred Company: I don't know now. It used to be YG but then it switched to SM. So I'm gonna go with 1. YG, 2. SM, 3. JYP (cuz I'm non-Asian)

Special Regards: I have a sweet voice. I don't think I sound like any famous person but I mimic Utada Hikaru and don't fail (she's my inspiration). I've been in a talent show once and sung a Pussycat Dolls song (3rd place to a pianist who rocked and wrote an original song).

Guest fanyfany

This person I know is going to sing Mollaing by Maydoni in the 09 SM Global Audition. For the chorus, she asked me if she should sing in vibration or not

like what Maydoni sang. What do you guys think??? And yes, she can sing high, but not too high. Get what I'm saying?

Guest inn0c3nt_ang3l

Name: inn0c3nt_ang3l

Sex: Female

Vocal Range: Alto

Preferred Company: uhm.....doesnt matter for me

Special Regards: i need an english song cause i will screw the korean up..espically when im nervous. havent done any "special" performances except karaoke..i can also hit high notes depending on how high tho..

oh oh!

try

my life would suck without you - kelly clarkson

in the chorus she sings in a good... uhh... place...?

just listen to the chorus. :)

kelly clarkson sings pretty good. you should consider her songs when going for an audition. ^^

one step at a time - jordan sparks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzyys6kW8yg

:) i dunno, i just like that song. :D

finally, the last american idol person i have for you is fantasia!

i believe - fantasia

well, thew song isn't by her, but she sang it to WIN american idol.

all 3 of those songs require a powerful voice in general :)

if you don't have one, it'll be kind of hard to sing those higher notes...

and you'd have to sing kind of loud.

you can't do these songs quietly :)

edit:

Name: Anthony! :)

Vocal Range: ok, so i did what Boe said, and even though it took me about 10 minutes to figure out what that sentence meant in particular, and after reading the wikipedia article a few times, i went down to my grand piano and started to test my range.

i go about

E2 - C7

i made sure that the sound of my voice matched perfectly with the sound of the particular note exactly so that i wouldn't be cheating.

when i go high, it sounds like i'm screaming, or it sounds like i'm some starving rat who has found a giant heap of cheese or something. T_T

when i go lower, it sounds like a walrus is on my shoulders....

so i'd say preferably, i SHOULD sing from E1 - C6. if i go over those notes, then it sounds awkward. i can hit them... but... it's not... good. ahha. =3

Preferred Company: SM ENTERTAINMENT!

YEAH SM TOWN ROCKS!

i mean, come on.

you got

SNSD

SUPER JUNIOR

DBSK

CSJH

ZHANG LI YIN

BOA

SHINEE

and...

i think that's it. but all the SM artists i see now are extremely talented. all of their MR removed performances are so clear, and their voices are so strong, yet crisp. they can all dance, too, and they all look REALLY pretty (and handsome) (no homo). if i would want to be in a company, i would want to be in the best. not to mention, i don't really like the other companies... yea, some people say that i might fit some other company more... but i don't feel confortable with them. the only place i can see myself is SM. so yeah :) gonna aim for there. ^^

!!YAY!!

so, tell me if there are any good songs for me to sing ;)

:D

i hope you'll all make it to the end!~

God bless~ :)

-Anthony

@ inn0c3nt_ang3l

some songs that i like and i like to SING are:

PCD - How Many Times [this song goes pretty low...like F3, if you've got a rich, low sound..this will sound SOO good]

Toni Braxton - Unbreak My Heart [again, this goes pretty low, and it shows off your range too]

Tamia - Officially Missing You

Thats all i can think of right now ><"

ill add more if i can find more..

I THOUGHT OF ONE MORE!

Rosette - Crushed [MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE...and its so touchy-feely...close your eyes when u sing it :D have FEELINGGZ..xDDD <--totally bsing]

@ AnthonyKkoKko

Haha, sorry about confusing you about the vocal range thing..

i dont really know a better way to explain it, unless if i had a piano to show you ><"

Okay, just a question, but has your voice changed yet?

sorry if it sounds mean ><" but i just want to make sure so I dont suggest songs that hurt your voice..

Guest MistahKK

Name: Anthony! :)

Vocal Range: ok, so i did what Boe said, and even though it took me about 10 minutes to figure out what that sentence meant in particular, and after reading the wikipedia article a few times, i went down to my grand piano and started to test my range.

i go about

E2 - C7

sooo... you can sing 5 octaves?

I can't even reach C5 comfortably!

HEY HEY,, i need your help soompiers ><

i wanna audition for JYP SM AND YG..but i REALLY want to get into YG

and i was wondering, should i include japanese/cantonese/manderine songs as well?

cus i can sing in all of them..i dont know if that will give me and edge

or will it annoy the judges because it's a korean company...

THANKS EVERYBODY!!

Guest dubledeath

sooo... you can sing 5 octaves?

I can't even reach C5 comfortably!

@ Anthony

Yea, this confuses me. Are you sure you're using the proper notation to find your range?

Because 5 octaves is helluva range. I can't imagine why you AREN'T part of an entertainment company already if you've got such a huge range.. O_O

Guest dubledeath

okokok TECHNICALLY i can only sing about 3 octaves.

if i go above certain notes, it sounds like i'm screaming. :)

like, really bad. :D

God bless~ :)

-Anthony

Oh. shocked me for a bit. Maybe you should learn musical notation, instead of going by (incorrect) scientific notation. :P

E1-C6 is 5 octaves. And starts off really low. Like bottom of the piano low. And ends about a 1.5-2 octaves higher than what tenors sing.

In fact, I think E1-C6 would be the range of about 2/3 of a piano...

W/e. Either you made a typo or I just don't believe you ^^;;

be-tee-dubz

can you TECHNICALLY sing about 3 octaves? or can you technically SING about 3 octaves?

Because I remember i heard this song a while back that would be great if you can sing 3 full octaves. I'd rather not look for it though if it turns out you can't :P haha, call me lazy.

@ KayrinJJ

YAYYAAA you figured out your range :P even through my really confusing tutorial thing xDD

yepp you got it right, all the "3"s are directly under the middle C, so yepp you gots it :D

From your description, im assuming you pretty much fall in the "soprano" section from the wikipedia thingy that i put...so here it goes...

SONGS I SUGGEST for you would be [these ones, I also sing myself...]:

Destiny's Child - Stand Up For Love [This SHOWS OFF your soprano AND your alto-ness, because Michelle goes PRETTY high and if you're like me, big range yeye? this will be very impressive]

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love [Personally, maybe my voice, I sound HORRIBLE with this song...i guess it's cus my voice is a bit like a boy too..but give it a try! i think you will have better luck than me...]

Sweetbox - I Miss You [Cute song, i think it's JYP/SM style too..i think..xD]

That's all i can think of,, cus some songs i have are JUST TOO cutesy..i really dont suggest using those songs for auditions..

since it really doesnt show your voice off...ill add more laters! :D

@ aiko_da luv child

AHH sorry for neglecting you ><" i just saw your post today,, SO I GIVE YOU SUGGESTIONS =D

the only utada hikaru song i have is First Love, so I guess you sound like her? nice rich low sounds? =D

but hey, could u tell me about which keys you can reach? like...with a piano? cus im not sure what songs i should suggest you

some songs I have consist of big ranges, so im not quite sure what to suggest to you ><"

Archived