Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

July 23, 2023 

New behind the scene stills of Young-tak for Concrete Utopia 

20230723-215904.jpg

april-2023-07-23-22-00-55-560.jpg

Spoiler

F25-F8215-AC55-4957-93-BE-AE16296-CA412.

Dir. of makeup said their skin tone was expressed in 3 stages to maximize the feeling of character getting rougher in the story, and we can already see the two of them here.(Not in order) These details.... :thumbsup:

More Behind the scene stills here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lee Byung Hun purchases 24-billion-won building and earns 85 million won in monthly rent

Lee Byung Hun is found to have bought a building worth 24 billion won through Project B, the company where his mother serves as director.

According to a report by Hankyung Dotcom on July 24th, Project B purchased a building near Oksu Station in Oksu-dong, Seongdong-gu, Seoul in August 2022 with 23.99 billion won. The purchase price per 3.3㎡ was 183.5 million, and the total debt amount was 19 billion won.

The building has a land area of 732㎡ and a total floor area of 2,494.76㎡, with 6 floors from basement 2 to ground 6. It was newly built in September 2021, and the entire building is currently leased by an international school with a deposit of 1 billion won and a monthly rent of 85 million won.

Building Road team leader Kim Jae Young said, “The building is currently under the management of a trustee by a consignment company”, adding “The reasons for the entrusting normally include management, development, and collateral trust for loans, but in the case of Lee Byung Hun, it is expected to be for loan and tax reduction purposes.”

They added, “The reason why the international school was able to pay a high rent is likely due to the fact that the road adjacent to this building leads to the high-end residential areas of Hannam-dong, such as Hannam The Hill and UN Village.”

Project B is a specialized real estate leasing and consulting corporation established in September 2017 and Lee Byung Hun holds a 100% stake. Through Project B, Lee Byung Hun has been consistently investing in real estate. In 2018, he purchased a 10-story building in Yangpyeong-dong and reportedly made a significant profit of around 10 billion won when he sold it in 2021.

Aside from real estate investments, Lee Byung Jun continues his main job as an actor. His movie “Concrete Utopia” is scheduled to premiere on August 9th.

“Concrete Utopia” tells the story of residents who gather at the only remaining building in Seoul after being devastated by a huge earthquake. Lee Byung Hun takes on the role of resident representative Young Tak, heralding a new character transformation.

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20230724n09725?mid=n1008

• Like 3

'Concrete Utopia' to Be Screened at Film Fest in Spain

2023072400880_0.jpg

"Concrete Utopia" starring Lee Byung-hun, Park Bo-young and Park Seo-joon has been invited to this year's Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival to be held in Spain in October.

The Korean film will be screened at the festival, which runs from Oct. 5 to 15.

As one of the world's top three fantastic film festivals, along with Belgium's Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival and Portugal's Fantasporto, the annual festival mostly features fantasy and horror films.

Korean films invited to compete at the festival in previous years include "Hunt" (2022), "The Spy Gone North" (2018) and "Believer" (2018).

"Concrete Utopia" will also be screened at this year's Hawaii International Film Festival, which runs from Oct. 12 to 29.

"Concrete Utopia" depicts the events following a massive earthquake that razes all buildings in Seoul except for one apartment building, which ends up attracting survivors.

The film is scheduled to hit theaters here on Aug. 9.

credit : Chosun Ilbo
  • Like 3

July 24, 2023 

FINALLY!!!! :issohappy:

TIFF 2023 announces 60 films in first wave of Galas and Special Presentations

Screenshot-20230724-150438-Chrome.jpg

TORONTO — TIFF is thrilled to announce 60 official selections in the Gala and Special Presentations programmes for this year’s Festival, with films representing 70 countries from around the world, shining the spotlight on imaginative storytelling, exceptional performances, and out-of-the-box filmmaking. The first wave of the 2023 Official Selection features 37 World Premieres, 7 International Premieres, 12 North American Premieres, and 4 Canadian Premieres.

"This year’s Galas & Special Presentations showcase a rich tapestry of talent, vision, and storytelling,” said Cameron Bailey, CEO, TIFF. “From thought-provoking narratives to breathtaking visuals and stories so unreal they have to be real, each work embodies the power of cinema to inspire, challenge, and move audiences. Get ready to experience an unforgettable celebration of film and a memorable and star-studded festival, showcasing the best of global cinema for film lovers in September."

GALA PRESENTATIONS 2023

* Previously announced

Concrete Utopia Um Tae-Hwa | South Korea
North American Premiere
Sales Title - North America Rights Available

source : Here here 

• Like 2

July 24, 2023

OSEN

'Concrete Utopia' Director Um Tae-hwa holds a special GV with his teacher Director Park Chan-wook.

0004894637_001_20230725082702607.jpg?type=w430View SourcVie

This summer's most anticipated movie Concrete Utopia (director Um Tae-hwa, production climax studio, co-production BH Entertainment, distribution Lotte Entertainment), which is expected to meet Lee Byung-hun, Park Seo-joon, and Park Bo-young, will hold a special GV with director Um Tae-hwa and Park Chan-wook.

"Concrete Utopia" is a disaster movie about Seoul, which was devastated by a major earthquake, and it is the only remaining palace apartment that begins with survivors gathering. The movie "Concrete Utopia," which is expected to meet fresh materials that stimulate the cinematic imagination and realistic production, will hold a special GV with director Um Tae-hwa and director Park Chan-wook at Lotte Cinema World Tower at 7:30 p.m. on August 4.

Not only does this special GV have a special relationship with director Um Tae-hwa, who directed "Concrete Utopia," but director Park Chan-wook, who fascinated audiences around the world with his unique world of works and fascinating miseens, will spend a special time with the audience.

0004894637_002_20230725082702642.jpg?type=w430View Source

In the special GV, director Um Tae-hwa directly tells a variety of stories about the film, ranging from original stories differentiated from existing disaster films to the background of the birth of vivid productions that add immersion.On top of that, it is expected that the audience will be able to enjoy the movie more abundantly through in-depth talks with director Park Chan-wook's own sensuous gaze.

As such, "Concrete Utopia," which attracts attention by confirming a special GV with director Um Tae-hwa and director Park Chan-wook, is expected to capture the hearts of the audience this summer with high-quality attractions.

Concrete Utopia, a new adaptation based on the second part of Kim Soo-nung's popular webtoon "Cheerful Neighborhood," which has been well-received since its 2014 series, will be released in theaters on August 9 and will completely dominate theaters this summer.

Source: Here

:omg:

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! This is huge. I was hoping/begging Dir. PCW to be one of the people to attend VIP premiere for the movie, but I sure wasn't expecting this at all. I am beyond happy for the movie but also bit sad because only two directors are attending. And now that I think about it, Dir. Uhm Tae-Hwa has actually worked as an Assistant Director for Dir. PCW's 3 movies, "Three Extremes", "Sympathy for Lady Vengence", and "Night Fishing. This Master and Disciple reunion to talk about the movie where LBH is starring as one of the lead is definitely not what I was expecting to happen. 

Also, I forgot to post about this news but few months back Dir. PCW had done a talk show with Netflix CEO and he had mentioned LBH in one of his answers. The question was how he handles rejection from the artists.

In response, he said, "If you are rejected, there is nothing to do. However, you shouldn't think of the rejection as a rejection of me.", he said. "For example, if you don't send the script for the next work to Lee Byung-hun just because he was rejected by Lee Byung-hun, it's a loss for me. I have to think about what is beneficial to me." 

So yeah.....manifesting for reunion continues.... :D

• Like 4

‘Concrete Utopia’, ‘A Normal Family’ and ‘Smugglers’ to be Screened at the 48th Toronto International Film Festival

2b021f3fe6f7f2a693b40d1b856b19e8-side-15

Concrete Utopia, A Normal Family and Smugglers will be screened at the 48th Toronto International Film Festival.

Concrete Utopia, starring powerhouse actors Lee Byung Hun, Park Seo Joon, and Park Bo Young, will premiere in the Gala Presentation Section at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival. The film follows the footsteps of other acclaimed works like The Good, the Bad, the Weird, The Housemaid, Cold Eyes, and Hunt, all of which have graced the Gala stage in previous years.

Meanwhile, the 48th Toronto International Film Festival will be held from September 7th to the 17th.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source: Lotte Entertainment, Mind Mark, STUDIO & NEW

• Like 3

July 25, 2023 

FIRST PREVIEW SCREENING OF CONCRETE UTOPIA 

april-2023-07-25-21-36-32-475.jpg

So detailed review for each charaxter 

The first preview screening of Concrete Utopia happened today, and the reviews are pouring in. Apparently audiences had to sign a non-spoiler oath before they watch it.(I mean, of course!) They even handed out towel set with "Welcome to Imperial Palace Apartment" embroidered on them. That's really nice. Makes me green with envy but there's nothing I can do about it. Sigh :unsure:

Kim Soonyung, original author of the webtoon, which CU is based on, also left his review. He wrote, 

"He captured both artistic and popularity appeal so well. I thought it was good when I first saw the scenario but I didn't know it would come out this well. I'm not saying this because I'm the original author, but it's a really fun & well-made movie."

So far, the reviews from audiences who watched are great for acting, direction, story, and production itself. Some are even recommending to not look for actor's names and movie names until you watch the movie, because of possible Spoiler. 

Some pointed out their discomfort because of the dark theme of the movie and gore scenes, saying it's not quite fit movie to watch with family, children or even on a date. Lol.

The description for reviews were limited because even describing LBH's acting spectrum itself could possibly be a Spoiler apparently. So, they were just going "his acting is crazy" Haha. So few things I liked from the review but what stuck with me was one review where it says, this movie breaks down the "tearjerker" narrative of the Korean movie. It was expected of course but still I am very curious. I'm numb to LBH's characters D wording but those lingering feelings they described really makes me uneasy. This man is indeed after our soul with this movie. :D

Here are some interesting ones. 

This one is quite long and detailed but no Spoiler. 

Last line, "More than anything, I saw actor Lee Byung-hun's acting has captured various aspect of a person in one face." 

Another new review 

"Therefore, it shows various emotional changes. When I see this work, I'm really surprised by Lee Byung-hun's acting. He captures the inner side of the character that changes step by step. Lee Byung-hun, who has shown a lot of great acting, has renewed his life character again this time. I think he expressed Young-tak, who was such a difficult character to express, at a high level."

This one is way detailed. Read this at your own discretion :)

There is even mention of the dialogues and scenes in the movie to describe the characters. LBH and his comicalilty has been praised. There might be next "Let's go to mojito and have a glass of Maldives" born with this movie. OP said the laughing atmosphere was like when Gwanghae was airing. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Exploring the Fascinating World of K-Dramas

photo1692338.jpg

K-drama has taken the world by storm, becoming widely available on a variety of streaming platforms. Nowadays, we cannot go anywhere without seeing at least something related to K-drama, marking its incredible influence on Western pop culture. Whether you're an avid fan or new to this addictive genre, get ready to embark on an exciting journey filled with deep emotions and complex plots.

The Fascination with Korean Culture and K-Drama

We cannot discuss K-drama without first discussing the fascination with Korean culture. While it seems relatively recent, there have been several references to it in Western pop culture, especially in film.

From music to fashion to beauty, there is something captivating about the uniqueness and vibrancy of Korean culture. And at the heart of this global love affair lies K-Drama. Korean dramas, or K-Dramas as they are more known, have transcended borders, offering viewers a glimpse into the lives and stories of this beautiful nation.

One reason why Korean culture holds such a special place in people's hearts is its ability to seamlessly blend tradition with modernity. Whether it's showcasing traditional customs or exploring contemporary issues, they effortlessly capture the essence of Korean life - past and present. Moreover, Korean culture places great emphasis on family values and relationships, which resonates with audiences globally who can relate to these universal themes.

Additionally, K-Dramas often feature stunning scenes that showcase Korea's landscapes and vibrant cityscapes. Furthermore, the acting style tends to be a tad more dramatic and differs from the more realistic Western approach, but still manages to evoke a wide range of emotions within viewers, making them truly addictive experiences.

Last but certainly not least important is how accessible K-dramas have become globally due to streaming platforms like Netflix offering subtitles in multiple languages, with more popular shows even getting dubbed. This accessibility has allowed fans worldwide access not only top-tier content but also exposure for actors seeking international fame.

K-Drama Recommendations

If you're new to K-Drama and have no clue what to start watching - fear not! We've got a myriad of recommendations below for you. Regardless of your preferred genre, you're sure to find something that will captivate your heart and keep you hooked for hours on end and ensure you start your journey with a bang.

And if you're looking for one of the best-rated historical dramas, then "Mr. Sunshine" might be for you. Set during Korea's Joseon Dynasty era in the early 1900s, before the Japanese annexation, this epic series follows a young Korean man who escaped slavery to go to the US. He later returns to Korea as a US Marine Corps officer only to find himself caught up in political turmoil and forbidden love, forced to make impossible choices.

Conclusion

Whether you're a long-time fan or new to the K-Drama scene, there are countless shows waiting to be discovered. And the aforementioned recommendations barely scratch the surface when it comes to exploring all that K-dramas have to offer. So, grab some popcorn, find a comfortable spot on your couch, and immerse yourself in the captivating world of K-Drama.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.hancinema.net/exploring-the-fascinating-world-of-k-dramas-170778.html

• Like 2

On 7/25/2023 at 7:30 PM, Ephoenix said:

July 25, 2023 

FIRST PREVIEW SCREENING OF CONCRETE UTOPIA 

So detailed review for each charaxter 

The first preview screening of Concrete Utopia happened today, and the reviews are pouring in. Apparently audiences had to sign a non-spoiler oath before they watch it.(I mean, of course!) They even handed out towel set with "Welcome to Imperial Palace Apartment" embroidered on them. That's really nice. Makes me green with envy but there's nothing I can do about it. Sigh :unsure:

Original author of the webtoon, which CU is based on, also left his review. He wrote, 

"He captured both artistic and popularity appeal so well. I thought it was good when I first saw the scenario but I didn't know it would come out this well. I'm not saying this because I'm the original author, but it's a really fun & well-made movie."

So far, the reviews from audiences who watched are great for acting, direction, story, and production itself. Some are even recommending to not look for actor's names and movie names until you watch the movie, because of possible Spoiler. 

Some pointed out their discomfort because of the dark theme of the movie and gore scenes, saying it's not quite fit movie to watch with family, children or even on a date. Lol.

The description for reviews were limited because even describing LBH's acting spectrum itself could possibly be a Spoiler apparently. So, they were just going "his acting is crazy" Haha. So few things I liked from the review but what stuck with me was one review where it says, this movie breaks down the "tearjerker" narrative of the Korean movie. It was expected of course but still I am very curious. I'm numb to LBH's characters D wording but those lingering feelings they described really makes me uneasy. This man is indeed after our soul with this movie. :D

Here are some interesting ones. 

This one is quite long and detailed but no Spoiler. 

Last line, "More than anything, I saw actor Lee Byung-hun's acting has captured various aspect of a person in one face." 

@Ephoenix  thanks for sharing this. Those who watched the movie through the monitoring preview praised the actors’ acting skills. As this monitoring preview restricts the act of posting content that can infer the movie’s ending online, the audience’s reactions surrounding the ending could not be seen. However, they said, “The story was fun and the CG was good”. "Lee Byung Hun and Park Bo Young’s acting is the best”…   :kitty:

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote images
  • Like 3

July 26, 2023 

CONCRETE UTOPIA SPECIAL POSTER 

20230726-210156.jpg

This would look really cool on a tshirt. Besides the one with Young-tak sitting on a toilet, this one is my favorite. It's so atmospheric and powerful enough to make you stop and wonder "What's going on here?", regardless of whether you are a fan or not. Love this! 

@willenette You are welcome. I've added some more if you'd like to read them on the same post, and will keep on adding there if I find anything interesting. Some are a bit revealing like dialogues and scenes although not at the level of spoilers but it was a good read since majority of reviews

are all praises, and even the criticisms were very interesting. :)

스포츠동아

Director Um Tae-hwa, who will face 10 million Directors, said, "Focus on disaster reality."0001065844_001_20230727063101346.jpg?type=w430

"Concrete Utopia" is the latest movie to be released among the Big Four movies.
It's the first commercial movie worth 18.9 billion won.Expectations for a different production.

Starting with "Smugglers," which was released on the 26th, the Korean film "Big Four" entered the summer box office competition.

In the summer theater's "War of Money," which was held in earnest three years after the outbreak of the infectious disease, four masterpieces with a total production cost of nearly 80 billion won will face off.There are many similarities such as colorful cast members and star directors, so attention is already focused on who will cry and who will laugh among the four films that were compared even before the release.

Above all, directors who will watch the situation with sweat in their hands are also one of the other interests.This is because it is as recognized as the actors in each film and is known as a "hit director."

Curiosity is growing about director Um Tae-hwa of "Concrete Utopia," which will be released the latest among the masterpieces.Director Um is relatively unfamiliar to the audience, unlike Ryu Seung-wan ('Veteran' · 13.41 million) if ‘Smugglers’, Kim Yong-hwa ('Along with the Gods' series · Ssangman) of 'The Moon', and Kim Sung-hoon ('Tunnel' · 7 million) of 'Unofficial Operation'.

In particular, whether Um, the first director of a large-scale commercial film, will be able to show his power through the offensive of "10 million" directors such as Ryu Seung-wan and Kim Yong-hwa is drawing attention from inside and outside the film industry.

Based on the webtoon "Cheerful Bullying," "Concrete Utopia," which will be released on August 9, depicts the survival of people who flocked to apartments that have not collapsed since the earthquake.Lee Byung-hun, Park Seo-joon, and Park Bo-young will appear.

Director Eom made his name known in the independent film industry in 2013 through his first feature film "Ingdugi," featuring actor and younger brother Eom Tae-gu. In 2016, it introduced "Vanishing Time" with a production cost of 5.5 billion won, but it only attracted 510,000 viewers amid a lack of commerciality.

This is the first blockbuster production with a production cost of 18.9 billion won, but some expect that director Um, who has shown unusual directing skills through in-depth works, will deliver new things and fun that have not been seen in other disaster films.

The movie is even receiving love calls from leading foreign film festivals such as Sitges, Hawaii, and Toronto.In addition, director Um, a former assistant director for "Three Extremes," "Lady Vengence" and "Night fishing," is drawing attention by announcing that he will hold a special GV (conversation with the audience) of the film on August 4 with great director Park Chan-wook.

Director Eom said, "We focused the most on the reality of the disaster," adding, "It will be a movie where the ensembles of actors gather and emit energy that we have never seen anywhere else."

source: here 

Really hope this movie becomes Director UTH life’s utopia in all the good ways and reasons, and shed some light on his past works as well

• Like 1
  • Love 1

July 27, 2023 

TEAM CONCRETE UTOPIA ON MMTG WITH MC JAE JAE 

Eng subs will be uploaded within 48 hrs. 

This was such a fun filled, chaotic, and laughter madness interview I've seen LBH ever been part of. The interview itself is funny but his mixed reactions had me in tears, laughing and crying. The way he looked fascinated by the insane energy of Jae Jae at first, at times shocked and traumatized even, and then eventually loosening up and enjoying it was so endearing to watch. I felt bad for him at times due to constant roasting and throwing shade, but I commend him for taking everything like a champ and throwing all those witty comebacks. My cheeks really hurt from laughing too much. 

Basically, this whole video is our poor CU residents Trio surviving their embarrassing past lol. Seriously, after surviving all those pics and comments, earthquake and cold is nothing hahaha. I really do appreciate Jae Jae for bringing this honest side of actors especially LBH, and admire her for her thorough research on every guest she invites on her show. No wonder she is so popular among new generations. 

One of the best part of this video for me was how LBH was so honest and spoke clearly on his feelings, especially on his Tokyo Dome fanmeeting dance and all the meme that came out of it. There are other bittersweet moments too. But It was heartbreaking to hear him speak about it again, which he's already mentioned in the past. It's as if people really just disregard his feelings and mock that moment of his life every chance they get. I mean it's all for fun and giggles but only LBH knows the extent of trauma he feels from that video, and after knowing how he feels, I cringe everytime someone just brings this up again. He did it in SNL as a gag but even there the story with Jun Hoo dancing had a hint of sadness. After knowing how he feels, I really feel the embarassement and anger on his behalf honestly whenever some idol and that comedian brings this up.

april-2023-07-27-16-38-12-353.jpg

Anyway, I doubt it will stop anytime soon but hope this would at least let people be aware that he always doesn't appreciate this even if he's such a good sport about it. I think it's time to move on from this mockery. Even LMJ mentioned this that he hates it in "Gamsung Camping" eps when Park Narae did that dance looking like Park Chang yi. Seriously. I'm tired at this point. <_< Like LBH said, everytime it somehow subsides, someone just brings it up again and people start talking about it. :tears:

One new thing I learned about LBH is he loves vinegar. Omg same. I don’t add in every meal I eat like he does but I drink it daily and also use for my food. No wonder he looks fresh always. That cleaned up his vinegar drink meme as well. That he didn’t act cool but actually that vinegar drink was too mild for him. I love him for this! :wub:

Screenshot-20230727-162002-Chrome.jpg

Anyway, I really miss you guys @rubie @peonie @Annelyse Court here. The promotion is going with full speed and we have so much to look forward to. Makes me guilty for leaving you guys when I was away. I hope you all are doing well. @Annelyse Court Wish you a wonderful and pleasant vacation. See you all in the thread soon. :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

July 28, 2023 

daily sports

[Big 4 Special] “I only believed in Lee Byung-hun” Byung-hun Lee’s presence as hard as concrete.

0003291122_001_20230728060108550.jpg?type=w430원본보기

There is an actor who can bring audiences to the theater with just his name, and whose colleagues can decide to star in a movie based on his name alone without even looking at the script. An actor who has no disagreement about his name. This is Lee Byung-hun.

Lee Byung-hun returns to the screen with the movie 'Concrete Utopia'. 'Concrete Utopia' depicts a story that begins with survivors gathering in the only remaining imperial palace apartment in Seoul, which was devastated by a major earthquake. As a drama genre that claims to be in a disaster situation, it contains both the overwhelming feeling of a great disaster and the emotional drama that unfolds within it.

Is there anyone better than Lee Byung-hun as an actor who can express both blockbuster scale and delicate emotions? In 'Concrete Utopia', Lee Byung-hun leads the disassembly play from the center as Yeong-tak, the new resident representative of the imperial apartment.

“When I thought of an actor to lead this work, Lee Byung-hun came to mind. He is an actor who plays a variety of characters, from young stars to villains, and he shows a new challenge and a new look in each work. He thought that even in ‘Concrete Utopia’ he could show a new side.”

Byun Seung-min, CEO of Climax Studio, the production company of 'Concrete Utopia,' said this about Lee Byung-hun. As he said, Lee Byung-hun, who has played multiple characters in various works, is a veteran actor who is perfect for portraying three-dimensional characters that change situationally and psychologically.

The imperial palace apartment and Yeong-tak are in an unprecedented disaster situation in history. It has not been experienced so far, and because of that, the burden that Young Tak has to endure is very heavy in a situation where it is difficult to predict the future. Survivors are flocking to the Imperial Palace apartment, which is the only one holding out here. The dynamic environment unfolding inside and outside the apartment drives Yeong-tak and the apartment residents into deeper and deeper conflicts.

Other actors chose this difficult work believing in the name Lee Byung-hun. At the production report meeting, Park Seo-joon said, “Because I am a fan of senior Lee Byung-hun, I really wanted to work with him.” Kim Seon-young said, “I was 80 percent Lee Byung-hun. Hearing that senior Lee Byung-hun was doing this work, he decided not to report the character either.”

0003291122_002_20230728060108592.jpg?type=w430원본보기

Lee Byung-hun is famous for his good attitude even on set. When he is filming, he is focused and respects the staff he works with. Lee Byung-hun is an actor who personally proves that just being immersed in the role and sharpening the edge is not a necessary condition for creating a good character. The staff all say, “Lee Byung-hun is an actor who respects the production team.”

In this work, even hair that looks like M-shaped hair loss was implemented, and even the visuals that actors might be a little reluctant to digest. It must have been a possible choice because he put the work and character first rather than the image. With realistic visuals that realistically show the disaster situation and excellent acting skills, what could be better?

Park Bo-young, who appeared together in the movie, said of Lee Byung-hun she saw on the set, “There was a time when I wondered if he had changed his eyes. She  saw him, but it wasn't the eyes she saw 10 seconds ago. She was surprised how a person could change like that in a short time.” Also, “There was a storyboard saying ‘he makes a strange sound’, and it was expressed in a variety of ways according to the director’s direction on set. She said, “I wonder if he prepared 100 versions.”

An actor with both acting skills and hard work. About working with Lee Byung-hun, CEO Byun Seung-min said, “There were many magical moments on set. It shows the parts that need to be persuaded non-verbally through acting, and it was like magic.” Lee Byung-Hun, who is said to be the best actor in Chungmuro, decided to appear on the show after only looking at his first name. The magic he performed in his work can be seen at the theater on the 9th of next month.

Lee Byung-hun said, "I decided to do it as soon as I saw the scenario." "'Concrete Utopia' is a work in which actors perform well in a good story. Absolutely must see I will tell you to look forward to it with confidence,” he asked for expectations.

• Like 3

7 Korean celebrities with astounding real estate investment

img_20230726171605_b3e5421f.webp

From Jun Ji Hyun to Hyun Bin, many celebrities have made astronomical amounts in profits through real estate investment. 

Recently, actor Lee Byung Hun reportedly purchased a building worth 24 billion won (approx. 18.8 million USD) in the Oksu-dong area of Seongdong-gu through a corporate project owned by his mother.

The building has a land area of 732 square meters and a total floor area of 2,494.76 square meters, spanning across 2 basement floors and 6 ground floors. It was built in September 2021 and is currently leased to an international school for a deposit of 1 billion won and a monthly rent of 85 million won. After acquiring the building, Lee Byung Hun is said to be receiving a monthly rental income of 85 million won.

Previously in March 2018, Lee Byung Hun purchased a building in Yeongdeungpo-gu for 26 billion won and sold it in July 2021 for 36.8 billion won, earning a profit of over 10 billion won.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/873427

• Like 1

Best Korean Shows You Should Stream to Learn Korean

photo1692371.jpg

Owing to delicate and attractive characters and bewitching storylines, Korean dramas have made their way to all nooks and crannies of the world. Ask a Korean drama buff and they will tell you that they are fascinated by simple and high-quality storytelling that resonates with, especially, a large section of the female audience.

No matter what the reason, there is no denying that if there is any other entertainment industry doing well, followed by Hollywood and Bollywood, it has to be Korean Industry, informally called Hallyuwood.

Due to the popularity of rich Korean dramas and films, a large section of people are lured into learning the language.

While most of their content is dubbed in other languages, such as Spanish, and comes with English subtitles, the audience is convinced to learn Korean for an even better understanding.

Well, if you are someone who loves Korean films and shows and is looking for ways to learn the language, then we got you a list of shows ready for you. In the article, we have mentioned some of the best Korean shows which will serve as good content for lessons for learning the language.

But before you get into the list, you need to make sure that you are all set to enjoy the content encapsulated with a dose of a lesson. For example, it is highly recommended to check your internet because you, obviously, would not want to watch floppy shows.

In that regard, choose an internet that aptly covers your online streaming needs, for example, Optimum. If you are Spanish, you must expect more from the ISP. To learn more, you may contact Optimum servicio al cliente en español.

Anyway, let's find out the Korean shows apt for learning the language.

photo1692370.jpg

5. "Mr. Sunshine"

"Mr. Sunshine" is a period drama that is set in one of the most crucial periods in Korean history. The story is about a man born into slavery who escapes to the US in 1871. He returns with a mission but falls in love with a native who is also the granddaughter of an aristocrat.

The story unfolds the odds and tension in their relationship, and how they get through it. Again, this show will teach you a plethora of political and romantic vocabulary in Korean.

Where to Watch