Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

The Men In A Secret Room

Lee Byung Hun, Kwak Do Won, Lee Hee Jun

The rumors about THE CHIEFS OF NAMSAN opening on the 22nd are serious. Before the assassination of the president in 1979, the three main characters of this cherished movie, following the 40-day period, met in a secret room prepared by W. You can check out the February issue of the story and the force-filled pictorials told by actors Lee Byung-hun, Kwak Do-won and Lee Hee-jun.

Photos: W Korea

w2020_1.jpg

w2020_2.jpg

w2020_3.jpg

w2020_4.jpg

w2020_5.jpg

Spoiler

w2020_7.jpg

Spoiler

w2020_6.jpg

• Like 3

Not sure if THE MAN STANDING NEXT is aiming for the Golden Egg or if they've won it already (CGV Golden Egg Awards). The movie is now ranked first in the advance ticket booking rate, which nationwide release is this coming Wednesday (1/22).

Clip: Showbox via AlatusDeus

The Man Standing Next - Character Trailer

Published on January 18, 2020 by HanCinema

• Like 3

January 20, 2020

THE MAN STANDING NEXT VIP Premiere

Source: Naver // kyonu // twitter ++

image_readtop_2020_66375_15795164204059068.jpg

[포토] 이병헌, '꽃을 든 남자'

oops.gif Our Mr.Namsan was a bit late to come on stage, he was busy accepting flowers and gifts from fans lining up the red carpet. :lol:

• Like 4

Nice and happy to see MJ attending the VIP screening and wearing black, just like BH. ^_^ They have a great coordination when it comes to styling and matching the clothes that they wear, be it together or separately.

bhmj20_04.jpg

bhmj20_03.jpg

• Like 3

January 21, 2020

Political film, comedies set to compete at holiday box office

SEOUL, Jan. 21 (Yonhap) -- For the upcoming Lunar New Year holiday starting later this week, three homegrown movies will hit local theaters to lure film buffs and holiday shoppers.

"The Man Standing Next," "Mr. Zoo: The Missing VIP" and "Hitman: Agent Jun" will open simultaneously on Wednesday, two days before the four-day Lunar New Year holiday begins. The first day of the new year based on the lunar calendar falls on Jan. 25.

A scene from "The Man Standing Next" provided by Showbox (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

A scene from "The Man Standing Next" provided by Showbox (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

Based on a local bestselling nonfiction book, "The Man" is a political movie that unfolds a hidden story of power struggles among second-in-command characters before the assassination of President Park Chung-hee in 1979.

Kim Gyu-pyeong, played by Lee Byung-hun, chief of the Korean Central Intelligence Agency (KCIA), is considered No. 2 in Park's 18-year-old regime, but he feels anxious about the dictator's growing inclination to his rival. The film closely tracks how Gyu-pyeong pulls the trigger on the president during the last 40 days of the dictatorship in a descriptive rendering of the emotions of the character.

"The Man" is in the spotlight as it marks the anticipated reunion of director Woo Min-ho and actor Lee four years after the success of "Inside Men." The 2016 crime movie sold more than 7 million tickets at the South Korean box office.

Spoiler

A scene from "Mr. Zoo: The Missing VIP" by Megabox Plus M (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

A scene from "Mr. Zoo: The Missing VIP" by Megabox Plus M (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

Directed by Kim Tae-yoon, "Mr. Zoo," a comedy that stars animals, is targeting teens and families for the family-gathering holiday season.

Joo Tae-joo (Lee Sung-min) is a spy agent who meets with an accident while carrying out an assignment to guard a VIP, a Chinese panda. After the accident, he can hear and understand animals and tries to find the missing VIP with the help of a military dog.

Stars including Lee Sun-kyun and Lee Jung-eun of "Parasite" lend their voices to the movie.

A scene from "Hitman: Agent Jun" by Lotte Entertainment (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

A scene from "Hitman: Agent Jun" by Lotte Entertainment (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

The third movie is "Hitman," starring Kwon Sang-woo, who plays Jun, a spy agent-turned-webtoon writer.

Struggling to create a hit cartoon, he posts stories that contain classified material for his former company, the National Intelligence Service (NIS). While his new web series wins popularity, he becomes a target of the NIS and a group of terrorists.

"The Man" is highly likely to be the front-runner in the holiday box office race, as its presale tickets reached 96,000 as of 10:40 a.m., accounting for 42.7 percent of all tickets reserved.

"Hitman" came next with 35,000 presold tickets, followed by "Mr. Zoo" with 21,000 tickets reserved.

brk@yna.co.kr

THE MAN STANDING NEXT behind the scene stills

Source: extmovie ++

tmsn_41.jpg

tmsn_42.jpg

tmsn_43.jpg

• Like 2

January 22, 2020

THE MAN STANDING NEXT at Park Myung Soo's Radio Show

Source: Xportsnews //gpark_radio

(Google-gist) Radio DJ Park Myung Soo is the same age with Lee Byung Hun but BH called him 'Senior' *by two months of working experience?) stating that he used to listen to the radio show on KBS while filming 'Tomorrow Love' in his debut days.

20200222rs1.jpg

20200222rs.jpg

• Like 3

Fan-clips from the radio show this morning showing Byunghun appreciating the gifts (breakfast snack from Rubeurs). Even co-star, KDW knew instantly that BH's fans have been waiting outside the studio. :lol:

Always nice to see these moments and a bit envious as well.. BH happily showing off the treats from his fans..

Source: awesome_hyeminee

• Like 2

On 1/11/2020 at 9:07 AM, peonie said:

January 11, 2020.

@closetserialaddict  "Keys to the Heart" illustrated Lee Byung Hun's versatility as multifaceted actor.  His role is that of an elder brother to an autistic brother. HIs acting was intense and showed his inner feelings of being abandoned as a child.  If you like classical music, this movie featured many beautiful piano pieces performed by Park Jung Min.  I read somewhere that he is not a piano player but learned the skills  for this movie.  I also liked "A Single Rider" .  My only regret was that there were not more scenes between Lee Byung Hun and Gong Hyo Jin whom I consider an amazing actress. 

I am a huge fan of classical music, so i shall try to watch this.

Btw, i know i sound totally irrelevant and am shamelessly perving, but i just have to say this. 

i just started on Iris again and saw the  first three episodes. Man! LBH is sooo hot in the show!

I won't even talk about the acting yet.. i don;t know why i didn't find him so sexy till i REWATCHED iris...

Hahaha. i used to just think he was a good actor.. dunno what came over me. 

I mean he's a good actor.. but i wouldn't mind just watching him for aesthetic reasons.. but he' not having any more of those roles right? 

• LOL 1

@closetserialaddict, LBH has always been an attractive and sexy individual. Not just in his dramas and movies with undeniable screen presence & charisma, he knows how to project his persona.

Regarding IRIS, he (his character) was rather goofy, curly-haired but manly in the earlier episodes. Only after he was betrayed and set as traitor/target, his charismatic persona came through.. especially in Akita, the second time and all the way. Probably it's the hairstyle, too. :P

For me, he's most sexy in I Saw The Devil, the tormented angry agent with the sweeping high-kick. He was mostly in suits, turtleneck sweaters or dark clothing but those did not hide his physical attractiveness, not one bit. no2.gif

He's already 50, by Korean age, but this man still looks many years younger.

Source: W Korea // YKYfVIGVPxvNhoi

• Like 3

January 22, 2020

THE MAN STANDING NEXT opens today at number 1 with 252K audience admission. The three new Korean movies released today all occupy the three top spots at the box office. There's a lot of positive & good TMSN reviews on IG. Some of the remarks, "though slow, the movie is not boring" "Lee Byung Hun's acting is crazy, Lee Sung Min's acting is creepy (good)".. acting by the actors are amazingly real and even though everyone knows the story, they still feel nervous watching the movie especially towards the end. A lot of comments also saying that they appreciate the democracy in the country more and if the assassination did not happen, a lot of people would have died..

Luckily for Dir. Woo Min Ho, TMSN helped clear his name after Drug King that was heavily criticized before this. Because there're 4 new movies coming out today, Ashfall have finally said goodbye to the top ten. However, the movie is still being screened at number 11.

There's an interview event held tonight, if not mistaken hosted by Kim Gu Ra. This fan clip showing at the end of the event, BH went over to the fans (they're separated by the high barricade from the stage) and he collected all the fans' gifts, shaking their hands after that. We really don't see this done by other celebs, BH is really amazing in this sense. Those there would feel really happy and we too, watching this from far away.

Clip: wang_eun_hye

The king of fan-service

• Like 2

CONGRATULATIONS hny2.gif

hny2.gif    THE MAN STANDING NEXT !

No.1 at Korean B.O. on opening day with 257K Audience Admission stars-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

Source: KoBiz

20200122.jpg

Updated Audience Rating: 8.51, Media Rating: 7.0 (Naver)

2020.01.22 THE MAN STANDING NEXT Stage Greet

Published on January 22, 2020 by 영니야놀자 // 구찬성

• Like 2

With the coming Seollal  / Lunar New Year celebrations this weekend, TMSN team have started the super busy promo events for the movie and meeting the audience. Today, in the afternoon, there were rounds of Stage Greet and tonight, there will be another Live Chat event (this time with Kim Gu Ra).

Source: SHOWBOX

'movie1.gif THE MAN STANDING NEXT GV LIVE

Coming soon    Today 8:00 PM

Watch the streaming HERE 176.gif

January 23, 2020

LBH & THE MAN STANDING NEXT at Stage Greet 

Source: Naver news  // twitter (all credit as stated)

Actor Lee Byung-hun is doing a stage greeting.  [Photo / Oh Hoon Reporter]

Actor Lee Byung-hun is doing a stage greeting.  [Photo / Oh Hoon Reporter]

• Like 2

January 23, 2020

The box office numbers tonight shows that THE MAN STANDING NEXT gained 320K audience admission on the second day, with the current overall tally of almost 600K admission. It's definitely much higher than the opening day helped by positive responses and strong word-of-mouth. Way to go, man! :w00t:

dduck10.gif Looks like someone just got adopted and going home with Joonhoo-Appa today. Since the VIP Premiere and Stage Greet events, BH received lots and lots of gifts from the fans.. always more than an armful every time. :lol:

Source: @wisecrack07 //  @ILCHIRI

• Like 2
  • Love 2

January 24, 2020

Lunar New Year movie battle begins mouse1.jpg

By Yoon So-yeon INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily // KoBiz

“The Man Standing Next” started strong ahead of the Lunar New Year holiday, beating its rivals “Mr. Zoo: The Missing VIP” and “Hitman: Agent Jun,” which opened simultaneously on Wednesday at the local box office.

20200123-1.jpg

According to the Korean Film Council, “The Man,” directed by Woo Min-ho, took the No. 1 spot with 252,114 tickets sold on Wednesday, taking up 56.1 percent of all moviegoers in the country that day.

The film revolves around the assassination of Park Chung Hee, featuring actors Lee Byung-hun, Lee Sung-min and Kwak Do-won.

Coming in at second was comedy action flick “Hitman,” featuring actor Kwon Sang-woo, with 81,351 tickets sold.

“Mr. Zoo” followed in the third spot with 45,094 tickets sold. The movie also features actor Lee Sung-min who plays a former intelligence agent who one day gains the ability to communicate with animals.

The three movies are expected to compete over the four-day national holiday that begins today and ends on Monday.

Source: Showbox (1) (2)

tmsn_bh1.jpg

tmsn_bh.jpg

• Like 3