Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Glad to see that his work is being recognized from people in the field, as always. :) Mr. Sunshine from Critics choice and Daesang here for his acting in the movie "Keys to the heart" , by the Korean Society of Cinematographers. I like his reaction here too

47575714_2231518410462614_35343435214796

From an article, he said he was glad to see directors(of photography) he worked with when he began to work in movies. Could be one of those directors here. :D He seems absolutely happy.

• Like 6

What a wow night! Thanks so much @peonie and @mistymorning for the updates, sharing & translation of the 38th Golden Cinema Film Festival Award. Despite the rather low-key no-frills function, this laidback ceremony is truly a worthy and very meaningful award to receive, particularly when it's selected by the movie people themselves. Never expected and quite unfamiliar with the award but such a wonderful recognition for Lee Byung Hun and KEYS TO THE HEART especially. Even with the critical responses, the family-comedy was not selected for any of the other film awards but this one has certainly made up for it all.

No matter where and when, Lee Byung Hun is always so grateful, appreciative and respectful of his seniors in the industry, his gratitude shows every time. This recognition will definitely be one that he'll most cherish and really remember.

th_congrats.gif LEE BYUNG HUN & KEYS TO THE HEART!

Clip: DongSik Kim

Clip: haircostory

Clip: Byungblue

• Like 6

• rubie changed the title to Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee :: Acting Daesang for 'Keys to The Heart' at the 38th Golden Cinema Film Festival 2018 ::
On 12/6/2018 at 8:58 PM, rubie said:

All his movies have always been shown in Japan, quite a rare priority given to a Korean actor considering his large Japanese fan base. One way or the other, he will appear directly to promote the movie in Japan or indirectly in his fan meeting or given specific media & magazine interviews if he can't make it there due to schedule conflict. 

If you’re unfamiliar with the title character, a favorite among fans and a fun side character in the previously released G.I. Joe movies, Snake Eyes is a silent ninja commando with a penchant for wearing black and palling around with his pet wolf, Timber. His archenemy, Storm Shadow, is a rival ninja and also his blood brother. Ray Park played the part of Snake Eyes in the first two Joe films while Byung-Hun Lee played Storm Shadow. With a reboot of this franchise, you can expect a recast as well. Be sure to let us know who you think could play the parts and how you think the silent Snake Eyes is going to be handled as the lead character.

Nice to hear about the impact of LBH in Japan!!

I guess there's no need to worry about the reboot. I doubt they could find a better actor to play the role of stormshadow =)

Also, LBH was at LA earlier, could be finalizing some stuff regarding this snake eye spinoff. 

• Like 5

Found some snippets with Indonesian subs, for those who can't read or understand the Korean/Chinese clips. My translation may be a bit (or a lot :sweatingbullets:) off.. but I think the gist is all there. ^_^It's really nice to see MJ talking about BH and their son. Chatting freely, she's indeed genuinely happy and proud of her two boys.

Thank you to utarykk for uploading & sharing the clips ~

MC 2 (SDY): I've been to their son's first birthday celebration. He's still a baby but already so handsome.. unbelievable. Usually little children are cute and sweet, we don't say they're handsome. But their little boy is handsome, I found it interesting. Do you think he's more handsome now? 

MJ: Beams and laughs happily.

Guests: (Of course) Because his parents are good-looking. Exactly.

MC 1: Who does he take after?

MJ: From the eyes and above, he takes after me. On the whole, he takes after his father.

Guest: He takes after both.

MJ: Yes.

Guest: He's four now?

MJ: Yes. 

Guest: That the funniest age. The best time.

MJ: He makes me laugh all the time.

Guests: How sweet.

• Like 5

Thank you to utarykk for uploading & sharing the clip, my English translation & perception may be a little different from the original dialogue ~

MC 1: Does he know his Appa or Omma on television?

MJ: He's beginning to sense something, when his Appa's name is mentioned. People know his Appa and he realized that.

Guest: Children these days are so smart.

MJ: When he's outside, people said to him "you're so handsome & good looking. Who's your father? You're very handsome"

MJ: My son replied, "My father? Eugene Choi". (laughs)

Guest: Is that so?

MJ: (Person asking) doesn't think of 'Mr.Sunshine' or Lee Byung Hun. So, your father is a foreigner? JH thinks that's the reason for his big eyes(?) and left.

MC 1: Does he know his father plays Eugene Choi?

MJ: His grandma told him. His grandma showed (EC) is his father. Because the drama has some rough scenes, we didn't show him everything. But we told him, that's what your father do.. his name is Eugene Choi. I think he remembers that.

Guests: Amazing.

• Like 5

On 12/7/2018 at 10:31 PM, kansas424 said:

Nice to hear about the impact of LBH in Japan!!

I guess there's no need to worry about the reboot. I doubt they could find a better actor to play the role of stormshadow =)

Also, LBH was at LA earlier, could be finalizing some stuff regarding this snake eye spinoff. 

Yes, his impact in Japan is still going strong and now with MR.SUNSHINE, he's also more known internationally. Not that he hasn't, he already made his mark through highly-acclaimed Korean movies. However, higher number of viewers are more interested with everything related to Korean dramas, so this has been a reboot of some sort as well. ^_^

Totally agree that no other actor could play Storm Shadow and the production must not mess with this character as the comic book ardent fans will not like it. Paramount better not treat him like they did with Terminator Genisys. At least there would be either GI Joe 3 (if it happens) and the Snake Eyes spin-off movie, or both but a lot of travelling & work for BH, again.

Whenever he's in LA, BH would be discussing work and negotiating (schedules) indeed. It's his job and he'd be the one doing it, so he needs to set everything beforehand for things to run smoothly. It's not like he can go back-and-forth each time. It's almost sure that he'll be in the US in 2019 after finishing the MOUNT BAEKDU filming. As for CHIEFS OF NAMSAN, from some fan-sightings and IG posts (related to props/locations rented), the filming is really going well. It's most likely that they will finish filming before year ends.

Published on December 7, 2018 by News1 (BH appearing at 2:32 time-mark)

• Like 5

@rubie, thanks for the info again!! Yea, why else would he be in LA  should GIjoe franchise decided to drop him from the cast lineup. 

If everything went smoothly, LBH could be filming two hollywood movies in 2019, snake eyes spinoff and gijoe 3.

• Like 5

dduck7.gif BH101 by MJ 

If we follow Minjung's IG, we'd know that she is a foodie.. she has been posting and sharing a lot about food & meals shared with her friends. This explains why MJ often goes out with her BFFs for meals.. but when at home or on trips with BH, the couple shared their meals their way. MJ might be eating slower at the beginning of the marriage, she's eating a bit faster now. And as indicated in the related articles, BH had also slowed down as well, to match with his wife's pace. That's a good compromise, eventually.

LBH is very professional at work, he usually is the first lead in the project but he doesn't want the other cast / crew to wait on him. He always came prepared before filming and doesn't waste time unnecessarily. This is why movie directors / PDs / writers wanted to work with him. A lot of people tend to think the worst of LBH but they could not be more wrong and they'd be surprised if they knew which actor(s) are really the ones being 'divas' at the set.

Thank you to utarykk for uploading & sharing this precious clip. Again, my English translation & perception may be a little different from the original dialogue ~

MJ: I'm a slow eater. I eat very slowly as I wanted to enjoy my meal. We only have three meals a day, so I wanted to eat leisurely.
But now my pace is much faster. When first getting married, I eat very slowly.

MJ: I would take out the dishes, slowly. But he couldn't wait for me. BH eats less than 5 minutes. He really eat his meal so fast. Because of the busy and tight schedule at the filming set, eating fast becomes a habit for him.

Guest: Is that so.

MJ: He also has a bigger mouth. He could eat a large 'wrap' easily. (MJ showing with her hand :P) I was just bringing out the soup and he already finished eating. I was so surprised.

• Like 3

December 11, 2018

Lee Byung Hun presents lunch treat to 'Fates & Furies', actor visits wife at filming set

Source: Sports Donga (Google-translate)

93241833.2.jpg

An official of the SBS weekend drama 'Fates & Furies' starring Lee Min Jung and Joo Sang Wook revealed that actor Lee Byung Hun had visited the set and gifted them with a lunchtime treat. The Mr.Sunshine actor came to the filming set to cheer and support his wife's new drama, currently airing on the weekend prime time.

This is the second time LBH visited LMJ at work. He had previously visited the filming of 'Come Back Mister' in 2016, also with a  refreshment and meal treat.

On December 1, 'Fates & Furies' debuted at 4.8% rating and achieved it's highest 9.3% on Saturday, 12/8. LMJ promised that LBH will appear on the variety talk show 'My Ugly Duckling' if the drama rating exceeds 15%.

• Like 5

Thanks Barbara for Byunghun's latest IG entry. Thanks to the translation by mistymorning, his caption for the GBW throwback photo say...

Good Guy COOL Guy Weird Guy th_theBAD.gif .. LOL! BH renamed the BAD to COOL.:lol:

It's definitely never any ordinary caption from him.. :P

Center of image

Wait.. wait! :w00t: Come to think of it.. 2018 is the 10th Anniversary of GBW release. So, BH has given it a new title.. GCW .. :D

• Like 5

Thanks @mistymorning for the coffee truck IG post from BYH, really heartwarming to see his co-stars still keeping in touch and sending support to BH. Seems that HeeSung is Eugene's fanboy and he likes The Terminator as well. :lol:

Byunghun posted another throwback photo today.. this time from IRIS filming in Akita. Why did he choose this particular photo.. there's always a cool reason from BH. :) Looks like he's matching the heavy snowfall capture with the current Seoul weather (also snowing heavily) at -3°C / 26°F

• Like 4

Looks like it's raining IG posts from Byunghun today, he posted several photos highlighting the coffee truck sent by BYH.

I think BH wrote (He's) Finally buying coffee.. LOL.. this obviously refers to HeeSung who'd always tricked his way out from paying for drinks in MR.SUNSHINE. :lol:

But we know he's really happy getting this treat and it's for everyone at the filming site..

Source: HeraldPop

ì´ë¯¸ì§ì¤ì

• Like 5

Thank you for all the updates, @rubie, @peonie, @mistymorning, @kansas424

I totally agree  with you,  @rubie,  that the Kdrama audience is very different than that movies audience - in that many drama followers watch very few films, if any.  Before Mr. Sunshine,  many of these people could only relate to him as Lee Min-Jung's husband...  Pretty shocking to me too.
After Mr. Sunshine his name is golden and all those drama viewers who had no idea what he was like before, are wanting so much to see more material with him....
I think it was a very smart move on his part to take the role of Mr. Sunshine - and of course - with such a wonderful script and fabulous cast in addition to him. 

It is the end of the year, and I look forward to see him win more awards.!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Koreans Vote For Best Drama Stars Of 2018
Keeping only relevant material

9c0c517727614f0793437e502246a262.jpeg?s=

Lee Byung Hun has been voted the drama actor who shined the most in 2018!

Gallup Korea ran a poll from November 7 to 30, asking 1,700 people above the age of 13 from all over South Korea on who they believed was the best drama actor who shined in 2018. People who participated in the survey could state up to two actors they thought were most deserving of the title.

Lee Byung Hun received the most votes of 12.9 percent for his role in tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine.” His decision to appear in the drama was met with high expectations as it was his first drama in nine years since KBS’s “IRIS.” He was praised for his portrayal of Eugene Choi in the drama.

In second place was Lee Byung Hun’s “Mr. Sunshine” co-star Kim Tae Ri, who received 9 percent of the votes. Despite it being her first drama, she impressed with her performance as Go Ae Shin.

source

• Like 5

Another one from Gallup Korea, Lee Byung Hun at Number 3.. not bad, not bad at all. Well done, JoHa! KEYS TO THE HEART was rather quiet and low-profile but the movie received a lot of positive public feedback as well as critical responses. It had also broke even and reached 3.4 million audience admission (considering it's a family comedy-drama) when a lot of highly-anticipated Korean movies released at the same time (beginning of 2018 was somewhat slow & lukewarm) could not move past 500K admission.

So, now we will have the top 3 actors in one movie coming out in 2019. MOUNT BAEKDU Fighting!

December 13, 2018

Movie Stars That Lit Up The Screen In 2018 According to Gallup Korea Poll

Source: Soompi by C. Hong

Movie Stars That Lit Up The Screen In 2018 According to Gallup Korea Poll

Ever since 2007, Gallup Korea has held polls to decide the entertainers/movie stars/TV stars/pop stars/sports stars of the year.

To kick off the end of 2018, Gallup Korea has revealed the results for their poll on “movie stars that lit up the screen in 2018.” The poll was conducted from November 7 to 30 and included 1,700 men and women over the age of 13 all over the country.

Ma Dong Seok took first place in the poll with his role in this year’s hit film “Along with the Gods 2.” The contrast between his tough-looking exterior and his soft personality has also earned him the nickname “Ma-vely” (Ma + “lovely”). The actor is also well-known for his never-ending body of work, many of which go on to become hits at the box office: “Veteran” (2015), “Along with the Gods” (2017), and “Train to Busan.” In 2018 alone, on top of “Along with the Gods 2,” he appeared in “Champion,” “The Soulmate,” “The Villagers,” and “Unstoppable.”

In second place was Ha Jung Woo, who also starred in both “Along with the Gods” movies. He is another heavy-hitter at the box office, with films like “The Handmaiden,” “Tunnel,” and “Assassination” under his belt, and has appeared in the Top 5 of Gallup Korea’s “Movie Stars of the Year” poll every year since 2012.

Third place was Lee Byung Hun, a global star who kicked off 2018 with the film “Keys to the Heart.” Although he gained acclaim this particular year for his first drama role in years with tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine,” he is still mostly known as a movie actor rather than a TV actor, even appearing in Hollywood productions like “Misconduct” and “The Magnificent Seven.” In 2009 and 2012, he had risen as high as No. 1 on Gallup Korea’s “Movie Stars of the Year” poll.

Spoiler

Rounding out the top 5 were Song Kang Ho and Joo Ji Hoon. Song Kang Ho has not yet released a film in 2018, with his latest movie “Drug King” awaiting a December 19 release, but is still riding high on his impressive career to date, not least with 2017’s box office hit “Taxi Driver.” “Taxi Driver” catapulted him to the top of the poll in 2017, a feat that he previously accomplished in 2008 and 2013.

Joo Ji Hoon also starred in the “Along with the Gods” series, but this has been a landmark year overall in the young actor’s career. 2018 saw the release of two other movies in which he has starred, after “Along with the Gods 2”: “The Spy Gone North” and “The Dark Figure of Crime.”

Like 2016 and 2017, the top 5 movie actors chosen in 2018’s poll were dominated by male actors. The last time a female actress appeared in the top 5 was in 2016 (Jun Ji Hyun). The highest that a female actress has ever placed on the poll was in 2012 (Kim Hye Soo was third). Despite 2018 being a landmark year for female-led films in South Korea, the highest an actress placed on 2018’s poll was No. 14 (Kim Hye Soo, tied with another actor), No. 16 (Son Ye Jin, tied with another actor), and No. 19 (Han Ji Min).

Here are the top 10 movie stars of 2018, as picked through Gallup Korea’s survey:

1. Ma Dong Seok
2. Ha Jung Woo
3. Lee Byung Hun
4. Song Kang Ho
5. Joo Ji Hoon
6. Yoo Hae Jin
7. Jung Woo Sung
8. Hwang Jung Min
9. Jo In Sung
10. Cha Tae Hyun

Source (1)

• Like 6