Byung Hun Lee...Exists to Act

Not so glamorous

But....ever so tranquil and passionate

He lets his existence known

Byung Hun Lee...

Actor like him, there never was.

bh.jpg

Jumping Up Step By Step

Born on July 12th, 1970, Byung Hun Lee officially entered the world of acting through 14th annual public audition held by Korea Broadcast System (KBS) in 1991. After graduating from Hanyang University majoring in French Literature, he continued his studies at the Graduate School of Joongang University, majoring in Theater and Cinematography. Having appeared in several TV dramas, he made his screen debut in 1995. However, he only gains the present recognition that he so longed for, as being 'an actor' in the truest sense of the word, only after experiencing quite a few failures in the box-office. Steadily walking down the road he has chosen, without haste and solely relying on his passion for acting alone, has led him to the recognition that he enjoys today.

An Actor Who Progresses Slowly

Byung Hun Lee, is not an actor who has walked the so-called fast and easy road. While harboring dreams to be an actor, he experienced considerable disappointments and frustrations because of the realities that contradicted his dreams, and so he has also become an entertainer who learned to adapt to the realities. For now, his role as an entertainer for the public will have to continue for some time (although no one knows for how long).

However, this young actor with unyielding faith, stubbornly adhering to the road of 'an actor', led the audience to see the 'Byung Hun Lee' who continues to become stronger and more refined as 'depth' called 'time' is added.

Acting that is Unique Only to Byung Hun Lee

Even until recently, the roles that Lee projected on screen, were mostly that of pure or strong spirited young man, which he continued (?) appeal from the time of his debut. However, the audience expected 'something different' from him, and was not attracted by Lee who demonstrated qualities that could easily be found in other actors. Now, at this point in time, when it is clear that he has secured a firm place for himself as an actor, what is it that the audience saw in him?

Year 1999. Regarding Lee's role in the movie "Harmonium in My Memory", many critics said that it opened their eyes to his acting. Regarding "JSA (Joint Security Area)", spot light tended to concentrate on other co-starring actors. Even though his acting was more than satisfactory...it failed to deeply touch, the hearts of the audience. Then, next year, the audience finally met him in "Bungee Jumping of Their Own...".

In "Bungee Jumping of Their Own" ...Byung Hun Lee had to play the role of middle-aged 'In-Woo Suh', who had to endure in his heart the confusing and desperate 'present', rather than a 'past' filled with innocence of youth. This role finally stamped him as a true 'actor' in the hearts of the audience. 'In-Woo Suh' was someone who could not be expressed by anyone else other than Byung Hun Lee.

Have You Seen Byung Hun Lee, The Actor?

Actors are said to create their own face through passage of time. A face created by the time he has passed and that he will pass, slowly. When we look back, nothing changes more drastically than the face of an actor. In this sense, 'time' can be a fatal 'poison' to actors but to those who continuously anguish over their acting ability, time can add 'depth' that they long for so much.

In this aspect, Lee is one of the few who has gained 'depth' through time. And finally, the audience has started to focus on this actor who has slowly been refined with time. As if this was only meant to be.

Some people say, without hesitation, that Byung Hun Lee has an uncanny talent of character expression that is difficult to find in other actors his age. Happily surprised by the unlimited possibilities of this young actor who demonstrates his versatile spirit on screen, they regret that they did not pay attention to this 'actor' in the 'past' and do not spare any praises for him. They also add that they were able to reflect upon the significance of 'passage of time' that seems to be the essential element for creating a true actor.

Hoping He Remains a Movie Actor

Byung Hun Lee himself has said that he wants to be called a 'movie actor'. However, going a step further, we do not wish for him to just remain as 'one of many actors'. Even though he is one of the many, there is only one 'Byung Hun Lee, the actor'.

He is still an incomplete actor, and is an actor endlessly trying to perfect his talents. However, as he has learnt 'self-control' and 'wisdom' through time, we hope that he will show the audience 'that something' which he will learn through time in the future.

As a final note, like my mother who boasts about the movies of Anthony Quinn, who provided her with so much enjoyment in her memories, I hope that, many days later, I will also be able to reminiscence that I lived in the same time frame and same space with an actor named Byung Hun Lee and about how I felt the beauty and pain of existence, happiness and tragedies of life, joys and pains of love, together with his movies.

I have confirmed the possibilities of a great actor that will shine forever, sealed in time.

Gratitude to PlanetBH0712

To read more on him:

http://www.byunghunlee.pe.kr/index.html

PlanetBH0712 - English

Filmography

TV - Dramas that nurtured him

His Talents

Guest Mrs. Lee

Jenesepas! Thanks for the pics! mwah! I love them all! keep them coming ok?? :lol: ...ey! no one is too old when it comes to admiring BH! everyone feels young at heart esp when we drool over yummylicious, papalicious , GBL, BBL, SBL BH pics! :P:wub:...we also have married pandas here! :D

Tere/stardust! Good to see you re-registered back! Miss you! I hope we can do a BD marathon together again soon with the other Pinay BD Shippahs! :P

Chula, yes I saw also that I was the 2000th member! very cool huh! B)

BTW, I finally saw BSL this morning...like I said in the BSL thread I will now watch it coz everybody said it is good...and boy! it was so good! Love BH's acting! the torture scene and the scene where he was buried alive! I was so amazed with his acting!...made me love BH 1000x more! :D

Hi Liezle!

ADDING BIRTHDAY GREETINGS TO :

ELAINE .. hope you enjoyed yourself today .. watched that movie yet .. you'll definitely dropped off your chair ..

ANN .. celebrate your special day in a special way ..

To all here .. Have a Happy Day ! :)

June 23, 2005

4th Annual Mise-en-scene's Genres Film Festival 

6/23/2005 Photo source: wireimage.com

m1.jpg m2.jpg m3.jpg m4.jpg m5.jpg

m6.jpg m7.jpg m8.jpg m9.jpg m10.jpg

Sponsor: Mise-en-scene by Amore Pacific 

m11.jpg m12.jpg m13.jpg m14.jpg m15.jpg

m16.jpg m17.jpg m18.jpg m19.jpg m20.jpg

m21.jpg m22.jpg m23.jpg m24.jpg m25.jpg

m26.jpg m27.jpg m28.jpg m29.jpg m30.jpg

m31.jpg m32.jpg m33.jpg m34.jpg m35.jpg

m36.jpg m37.jpg m38.jpg m39.jpg m40.jpg

m41.jpg m42.jpg m43.jpg m44.jpg m45.jpg

m46.jpg m47.jpg m48.jpg m49.jpg 

m50.jpg m51.jpg

m52.jpg m53.jpg m54.jpg m55.jpg

m56.jpg m57.jpg m58.jpg m59.jpg m60.jpg

June 29, 2008

4th Annual Mise-en-scene's Genres Film Festival - Closing Ceremony

6/29/2005 Photo credits: wireimage.com

m61.jpg m62.jpg 

m67.jpg m68.jpg m69.jpg

m63.jpg m64.jpg m65.jpg m66.jpg m70.jpg

Guest Mrs. Lee
Hang in there folks! 20050930101608.827.0.jpg Pic source: new.media.daum.net, :)
Hi River!!! Nice to see you back here in the forest!...we miss u !...thanks for this pic! aww he's so cute in this one...aiissh! that killer smile of his again!!! :wub:
Today's photos at the 10th Pusan International Film Festival. Any news gist? 10/06 19:28 [MD포토] 이병헌, '달콤한 PIFF!' <부산영화제>

200510061941590200_1.jpg

2005100619274366658_1.jpg2005100619274366658_2.jpg

haaay! just love his look now...so refreshing and boyish! Definitely GBL! :wub: this pic will be included in my fave BH photos! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Guest elviehunnie

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users) 2 Members: elviehunnie, Wei Lin HELLO lil' sis Wei Lin!! just the 2 of us here, huh? guess the other pandas are so, so busy! Hey Mrs. Lee! Wish came true! the name you've been wanting to use! See? there are good things that came out of this soompi crashing.... a chance to finally get that name change.... lots of newbies.... hopefully a lot more of those hunnie treasures and goodies too. To those who posted the latest hunnie-licious photos... thank you! thank you!

Guest Wei Lin

Hi elvie sis!!! and hi to River too!!! hey dears... just to inform... I set up a LBH Archive using blogger.com... the link is in my siggy... It'll contain all the precious memories from our 1st thread... It's currently in a very raw form now... please excuse it... I'm trying to organise the posts that I saved last time... And I thought of something... please say yeah or nay... to facilitate us recognizing each other... I'll start another entry in the blog to contain our old nicknames, then the new ones and where we come from alright? Something like our Hunnie Panda Mafia Clan... So now it's the Hunnie Panda Directory... opinions please! thanks! and psst.... for the lexicon.... please provide me with all the terms, words etc and meanings.. then I can start updating them too! thanks!!!

Guest Mrs. Lee
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users) 2 Members: elviehunnie, Wei Lin HELLO lil' sis Wei Lin!! just the 2 of us here, huh? guess the other pandas are so, so busy! Hey Mrs. Lee! Wish came true! the name you've been wanting to use! See? there are good thing that came out of this soompi crashing.... a chance to finally get that name change.... lots of newbies.... hopefully a lot more of those hunnie treasures and goodies too. To those who posted the latest hunnie-licious photos... thank you! thank you!
waah! Elvie sis! finally you're back!!!! and you changed ur ID too!!!! we miss u here! hahaha! yeah finally had a chance to be Mrs. Lee now... no more waiting for my 1000th post! :lol:DEWA/Tina!!!! I see you! Been looking for you since yesterday*wavesfrantically*.. I haven't seen HYC since yesterday... :unsure:Weilin! thanks for all the effort! *huglilsis*...it will be a big help in this new thread!... and yeah! we need a directory of the Pandas with their old and new IDs...it's so difficult recognizing everyone with new USER IDs! :P

Guest elviehunnie

5 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users) 4 Members: elviehunnie, casey wong, Mrs. Lee, dewa130 good evening hunnies!! gosh! I miss this thread so much! hello and tight hugs to you my dear twinny Mrs. Lee!! oh yah! finally! you've made a rightful claim to the famous last name!! :P :P

Guest elviehunnie
Hi elvie sis!!! and hi to River too!!! hey dears... just to inform... I set up a LBH Archive using blogger.com... the link is in my siggy... It'll contain all the precious memories from our 1st thread... It's currently in a very raw form now... please excuse it... I'm trying to organise the posts that I saved last time... And I thought of something... please say yeah or nay... to facilitate us recognizing each other... I'll start another entry in the blog to contain our old nicknames, then the new ones and where we come from alright? Something like our Hunnie Panda Mafia Clan... So now it's the Hunnie Panda Directory... opinions please! thanks! and psst.... for the lexicon.... please provide me with all the terms, words etc and meanings.. then I can start updating them too! thanks!!!
brilliant idea sis wei lin!! a directory would be a big help to lost pandas like me :P :P about the lexicon... err... I was assigned to compile these panda terms and should have posted them a long time ago... I have them in my file somewhere... will try to post them later so you can update and incorporate all the necessary trimmings and improvements.. please forgive this toxic panda :( :(

Some more photos from the 10th Pusan International Film Festival. 20051006193019.861.0.jpg20051006193019.239.0.jpg20051006214014.644.0.jpg Credits and thanks to yc @ bhjwlove 獻給撀愛~~美麗的日子 for sharing the photos

Guest dewa130

Hi everyone.......gigi, rubie, ylin, elvie, wei lin, zashibear,river, ella, jolee and all new pandas...sorry if I miss anyone...... ...I apologise for not posting...hv been busy with relocation of my office....and projects....( which mean hv more fund to buy LBH stuffs or travel to meet you all).....and got sick because I frequently skip lunch.........really love th idea of an int'l hunnie pandas gathering...may I suggest Singapore as it is the central of asia...and has one of the largest LBH supporter....then nxt time maybe can choose Japan (eventhough its expensive)........or Phillipines, Malaysia ....Just finish Beautiful My Lady...love the chemistry of LBH and his son and of course the timeless beauty of the lovely Shim Eunha..........eventhough I hate the fighting scenes...... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANN AND ELAINE !!! TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH!!