Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Fans on twitter are also guessing where Byunghun is right now? :lol:

I had an the same thought seeing the distinct white structure (after watching GOF in Greece few years back ^_^).. so.. maybe Byunghun is holidaying in Santorini, Greece? 

Source: @ByungBlue

But then.. the earlier photos with the trees and flowers.. could be somewhere else. dontknow.gif As long as BH and his family are enjoying their time together. 

• Like 3

bhe.jpg Adding more actors in the agency

August 21, 2019

Jung Woo Joins Lee Byung-hun and Han Ji-min at BH Entertainment

Source: Dailian via HanCinema.net

cats.jpg

Actor Jung Woo signed on with BH Entertainment.

BH Entertainment announced, "We are happy to be with Jung Woo. He's a unique actor with his own color and we will make sure he meets the right work to bring that out to the public".

Jung Woo officially made a name for himself in 2009 in the movie "Wish" and his career took off when he appeared in the 2013 tvN drama "Answer Me 1994".

Meanwhile, he's looking forward to the release of "Hot Blood - 2020", "Dirty Money" and "Good Neighbor".

BH Entertainment is management to Lee Byung-hun, Han Ji-min, Han Hyo-joo, Yoo Ji-tae, Choo Ja-hyun, Han Ga-in, Go Soo, Kim Go-eun, Lee Jin-wook, Ahn So-hee and more.

June 14, 2019

Lee Jin Wook joins same company with Lee Byung Hun, Han Hyo Joo

Source: Ktimes

03.17467386.1.jpg?type=e1920

Actor Lee Jin Wook signed an exclusive contract with BH Entertainment.

On June 13, BH Entertainment gave an official announcement about signing an exclusive contract with actor Lee Jin Wook through an official press release. Lee Jin Wook is showing a passionate acting spirit when taking on the role of a criminal policeman Do Kang Woo who suffers personality disorder and always reviews crime scenes under the eyes of the killer in the weekend drama "Voice 3" (OCN, scriptwriter Ma Jin Won, director Nam Ki Hoon, producer KeyEast).

Spoiler

Lee Jin Wook is receiving a lot of love from the audience through his high filming frequency and his excellent ability to depict the roles. Besides, the actor also attracted attention when the exclusive contract with global entertainment company BH Entertainment is partly forecasting his big leap.

BH Entertainment promised to support Lee Jin Wook, "We are glad to be able to work with actor Lee Jin Wook. Lee Jin Wook is a special actor who has his own color so we will try our best to support him on many aspects so that he can meet the public with better images."

Lee Jin Wook is a talented actor who has been recognized in terms of his wide acting scope through dramas such as "Return" and "The Time We Were Not In Love" (SBS), "Nine Times Time Travel" and "I Need Romance 2012" (tvN) as well as movies like "High Society", "Time Renegades", "Beaty Inside", "Miss Granny', etc. Currently, the audience can meet Lee Jin Wook through "Voice 3" broadcast on OCN at 10:20 pm (KST) every Saturday and Sunday.

BH Entertainment is a company specializing in managing actors with the lineup of artists including Lee Byung Hun, Han Hyo Joo, Han Ji Min, Yoo Ji Tae, Jin Goo, Choo Ja Hyun, Go Soo, Park Sung Hoon, Park Hae Soo, Gong Seung Yeon, Kim Go Eun, Kim Yong Ji, Park Jung Woo, Park Ji Hoo, Byun Woo Suk, Sean Richard Dulake, Ahn So Hee, Yang Ik Joon, Lee Ji Ah, Lee Hee Joon, Han Ga In, Woo Hyo Kwang, Erika Karata, etc.

Sports Seoul = Reporter Jo Sung Kyung cho@sportsseoul.com

Photo = Reporter Bae Woo Geun kenny@sportsseoul.com

• Like 3

From an article by Kyodo News, posting here the related LBH excerpt only

Residents of Japanese islet hit books to impress S. Korean visitors

It turns out that Aragane studied Korean for two years from 2009 at a training center at the National Police Academy in Tokyo. He wanted to master the language and make it his forte.

While many of his classmates were in their 20s, Aragane was 32 at the time.

"There were tough times because there was a difference in how quickly we were able to pick up (the new language)," Aragane said. But he studied hard, telling himself he could not give up as the training was funded by taxpayers, and successfully graduated.

After returning to Oita Prefectural Police, Aragane utilized his language skills, such as translating documents and explaining driving rules in Korean.

He also studied the history and culture of South Korea to acquire more background knowledge and context to the language. Now his favorite actor is Korean star Lee Byung Hun.

On Onyu Island, the first Korean class held in late June was a success, with residents praising Aragane's affable approach to teaching.

Photo: SindyKao

66889810_117168059386096_2107061426269551728_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fkul8-1.fna.fbcdn.net

#Throwback #SONYCameraCF

• Like 3

July 15, 2019

CEO Son Seok Woo & BH Entertainment's Enterprising Network

Source: Media SR

A previous article, recently translated by @mistymorning. Please refer the relationship diagram as it explains BH Entertainment and the CEO quite precisely. As we know, BH Entertainment was started  by Son Seok Woo (manager since 2001) & Lee Byung Hun as a one-person agency in 2006 and after 13 years, it has grown and expanded through affiliation with prospective actors plus various contracts with overseas agents. BH Entertainment strives as a company that supports global activities, as its actors are active in domestic and overseas markets including actors of foreign nationalities. 

bhent_19m.jpg

note1.gif As of 2019, BH Entertainment website link now leads to a new page (under Kakao M) with a new logo, showing the artistes under the agency with their names in Hangul and English. The photo sequence changes every time in random order but there are 21 artistes featured, at the time of update. We can now be sure who's who under BH Entertainment.

bhent_19w.jpg

• About BH Entertainment
  • Happiness Together is the main motto of BH Entertainment.
  • BH Entertainment is laying a strategic foundation in Korea based on a professional team and a systematic system based on solid partnerships. 
  • In addition, we will lead the world of management in the global market based on the expanded overseas network such as Sony PICTURES in the US and Hakuhodo in Japan. In addition, BH Entertainment has considered 'human' and 'personality' as the best value for the last time it has built up the company. 
  • In everyday life where everyone struggles in their place, there are 'people' of BH Entertainment who spend the most time. I would like to share the joy and happiness with the beautiful texture of people who have the same beauty.

bhent_19.jpg

In no particular order, BH Entertainment artistes (21 + 2)

JIN GOO
BYEON WOO SEOK
YOO JI TAE
HAN JI MIN
PARK HAE SOO
PARK SUNG HUN
KIM YONG JI
AN SO HEE
LEE HEE JUN
YU XIAOGUANG
PARK JUNG WOO
KIM GO EUN
LEE JIA

LEE BYUNG HUN
KARATA ERIKA
GO SOO
HAN HYO JOO
CHOO JA HYUN
GONG SEUNG YEON
HAN GA IN
SEAN RICHARD

LEE JIN WOOK (13/6)

JUNG WOO (21/8)

• Like 3

August 24, 2019

An interview with Lee Byung Hun after he received the Best TV Actor Baeksang

Arts Awards. (A translation) 

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/I1TUduykV?fid=1034:4404532055318132

190501_55b_51.jpeg

MC: Lee Byung Hun  Welcome.  Hello,   I would like to congratulate you sincerely on winning the award.  As I was inside here, I could not hear your thank you speech but only see your expression.  Judging from your expression, I can imagine how wonderful your speech must have been!  Did you leave out anything?

LBH:  In order not to miss anything, I really did my best.  Usually, when I attend awards ceremony, there is really a lot to say.  But sometime, I am nervous and there is no room for it.  The ceremony needs to continue and it is impossible to say a lot.  This time, I thought I should not say too much.

MC:   We won't limit you. There are no restrictions on the length of your speech.  If you left out something, please face the camera on your left, we will give you plenty of time to complete your speech.

LBH:  Really.  The speech that I just delivered  must have been the longest speech that I have made in my life.

MC:  OH!  Really.

LBH:  I  really said a lot. Although I have already said it, I could not  devise a specific method to name everyone.  From the beginning of the pre-production of this TV series, all the actors and crews have experienced together the coldest winter and the hottest summer.   Although it was very hot and very cold, no one complained and showed dissatisfaction during this long filming process.   People have achieved good results at work.  If the work is interesting, the shooting process will also be very pleasant.  Here, I want to say thank you again to the staff.

MC:  I feel that the corners of Lee Byung Hun’s eyes are a little moist. Now, Let us look at your amazing winning records at Baeksang Arts Awards.  In the 42nd Awards, you won the Best Movie Actor Award. In the 47th Awards, you won the Daesang in the Movie Section. In the 51st Awards, you won the Best Movie  Actor Award.  This year, for the 55th Awards, you won the Best TV actor Award.  You are a four time* winner, how do you feel now?

[* Correction.  Records indicated that LBH also won Best TV Actor Awards in the 32th and 39th Baeksang Arts Awards.]

LBH:  Just now when I won the Award, I already mentioned that “Mr. Sunshine” got a warm response after the broadcast.  But this has been awhile and I wondered if this impression left with the audience is still there.  Furthermore, many new TV Dramas came out and there were many actors with good acting skills.  Therefore, I had no great expectations of winning the award because of the abundant excellent works and actors.  I came with a relaxed mood.   Winning again, I felt rather sorry for the Hoobaes.  On the other hand, I felt winning this time is all the more precious.

MC:  There is no denial that the title “Unforgettable actor ” belongs to Lee Byung Hun.  Just now when he was on the red carpet with crowds cheering, you have not have heard what I said.  I said as long as he appears on the TV or the movie screen, I can hear people holding their breathes and stay focused on Lee Byung Hun’s acting.  Therefore, winning today’s awards is by no means accidential.

LBH:   Thank you.

MC:  What are your future plans?   Please talk to us briefly about them.  Today’s interview ends here.

LBH:  After "Mr. Sunshine", I made two two movies.  One is “The Man Standing Next” for which filming has wrapped up.  The other which is being filmed is  “Baekdusan”.  Although it is not quite sure,  I feel that you can see both works this year.

MC:  Can later see the handsome face of Lee Byung Hun through the screen,  I would like to congratulate you sincerely once again on receiving the award.  We would like to take the winning photo as the end.  Please stand here and we will take a handsome photo for you.

Source:  JTCB with Chinese character subbing by LBH fan at Weibo.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

August 24, 2019

August Movie Star Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Source: Soompi by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from July 22 to August 23.

Spoiler

Jo Jung Suk, the star of the hit disaster film “E.X.I.T,” topped this month’s list with a brand reputation index of 8,445,931. High-ranking phrases in the actor’s keyword analysis included “E.X.I.T,” “Gummy,” and “YoonA,” while his highest-ranking related terms included “happy,” “thankful,” and “refreshing.”

Park So Dam, who recently starred in director Bong Joon Ho’s award-winning film “Parasite,” rose to second place in the rankings with a brand reputation index of 6,806,981 this month.

Finally, Park Seo Joon, the star of the supernatural action thriller “The Divine Fury,” came in at third for the month with a total score of 5,314,792 for August.

Check out this month’s top 30 below!

1. Jo Jung Suk
2. Park So Dam
3. Park Seo Joon
4. Ryu Jun Yeol
5. Lee Byung Hun
6. Yum Jung Ah
7. Han Ji Min
8. Lee Seo Jin
9. Yoo Hae Jin
10. Son Hyun Joo
11. Yeo Jin Goo
12. Ma Dong Seok
13. Kim Hyang Gi
14. Lee Jong Suk
15. Lee Jung Eun
16. Jung Woo
17. Kim Ji Young
18. Park Sung Woong
19. Song Seung Heon
20. Bae Sung Woo
21. Gong Yoo
22. Sung Dong Il
23. Kim Nam Gil
24. Jo Woo Jin
25. Kim Seul Gi
26. Jo Jin Woong
27. Choi Yoo Hwa
28. Lee Ji Hoon
29. Song Kang Ho
30. Lee El

Source (1)

Twitter post by BillyRocks_13

• Like 3

August 26, 2019

Byung Hun-ssi posted in his Instagram, a set of Matryoshka nesting dolls made in his own image representing his characters in movies and drama such as "Mr. Sunshine" "Masquerade" "The Good, the Bad, the Weird", ".G. I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" , etc.

• Like 2

@peonie Thanks Barbara for the highlight of Byunghun's new IG post. If I'm not mistaken.. as I've seen the set of dolls posted on a Korean fan IG quite awhile back. Not sure if it's a line of official merchandise finally revealed (Rubeurs might know?) but it's probably a customized gift by the fan for BH. If it's indeed the latter, Byunghun must be so happy and impressed with the dolls that he highlighted them on his IG.

Looking at the sizes, Captain Eugene Choi is the most favorite character :w00t: followed by Gwanghae, then Park Chang Yi, Storm Shadow, Ahn Sang Goo and last but not least.. little Presiden Jin of Master. :lol: Have to say, I kinda agree with the arrangement although we're also missing his well-known characters Kim Sun Woo (BSL) and Kim Soo Hyun (ISTD).

• Like 3

Source: taeri_yeosin

CHUNGMURO KINGS AND QUEENS IN DA HOUSE EVERYONE !!! Everyone except them can go home NOW !!! That "You can't sit with us" vibes 
What an abundant of true talents in one frame. Can you imagine if all of them decided to take a movie project together ?? .

These pics were taken at Blue Dragon Awards 2016 after party (the one that Taeri talked about in her interview that she had drink with SKH, LBH and other nominees after Blue Dragon ceremony).
Source : eichoernc and intrareum twitter account

CHUNGMURO KINGS AND QUEENS IN DA HOUSE EVERYONE !!!  Everyone except them can go home NOW !!!  That "You can't sit with us" vibes ð.  .  What an abundant of true talents in one frame ðð.  Can you imagine if all of them decided to take a movie project together ??  .  These pics were taken at Blue Dragon Awards 2016 after party (the one that Taeri talked about in her interview that she had drink with SKH, LBH and other nominees after Blue Dragon ceremony).  .  Source: eichoernc and intrareum twitter account #Kim Tae-ri #KimTaeRi #ParkChanWook #LeeByunghun #BaeDooNa #HaJungwoo #SongKangho #RyuJunyeol #Park Chan-wook #Lee Byung-hun #Ryu Jun-yeol #Mr. Victory #spacesweepers

CHUNGMURO KINGS AND QUEENS IN DA HOUSE EVERYONE !!!  Everyone except them can go home NOW !!!  That "You can't sit with us" vibes ð.  .  What an abundant of true talents in one frame ðð.  Can you imagine if all of them decided to take a movie project together ??  .  These pics were taken at Blue Dragon Awards 2016 after party (the one that Taeri talked about in her interview that she had drink with SKH, LBH and other nominees after Blue Dragon ceremony).  .  Source: eichoernc and intrareum twitter account #Kim Tae-ri #KimTaeRi #ParkChanWook #LeeByunghun #BaeDooNa #HaJungwoo #SongKangho #RyuJunyeol #Park Chan-wook #Lee Byung-hun #Ryu Jun-yeol #Mr. Victory #spacesweepers

• Like 3

Long time no see! BH's new project news is just out! This time it is with SGH, with director Han Jaerim. Bear with me for strange translation because i'm too excited!

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005414941

Song Gang-Ho x Lee Byung-hun 4th movies together, with director Han Jae-Rim.

30000633446_1280.jpg

Actor Song Gang-Ho and Lee Byung-Hun will meet again in the new film from director Han Jae-Rim, titled 'Emergency Declaration' (Production: WooJoo Film, Co-Production: C-Jes Entertainment, CineJoo).

'Emergency Declaration' is air traffic term when during a flight, pilot encounters a distress condition which makes it impossible to fly anymore, declares emergency and let land control knows the plane needs to land immediately. This movie will be an air disaster drama , with high tension and colorful characters.

Director Han Jae-Rim debuted his first movie 'Rules of Dating' won  2005 Dae-Jong Award for new director and Blue Dragon Award for script, became hot star director in Korean Film.

His next movie 'The Show Must Go On'(2007), a noir film won another Blue Dragon Award for the best movie, and with the film 'The Face Reader' showed his satire and sensual directing skills. Film 'The King' made people to call him 'The best story teller', with various filming methods and cheerful stories with deeper meanings. 

.... skipping.. 

This meeting of Song Gangho, The most trust-worthy(to watch) actor in Korea, after the movie 'Parasite' which won Palme d'Or in Cannes Film Festivaland 4th 10M movies, and Lee ByungHun, certified best actor, with Hollywood movies and loved for best actings in both films and TVs raises our expectation to the new level.

This is 4th project they work together after 'Joint Security Area'(2000), 'The good, the bad and the wierd'(2008), 'The age of shadows'(2016). Fresh material and trust for director Han Jae-Rim made this possible.

The movie is scheduled for pre-production this year and will crank-in early next year.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

@mistymorning, thank you so much for the news highlight & translation. Finally, after a long wait.. a new project.. a third movie (yet) to be screened. ^_^ But it's all good, all good of course. Once the movies are released, then we'll have a galore of LBH movies one after another. :w00t: 

On the other hand, glad to know that Byunghun will not be in the Snake Eyes movie since the production is opting for much younger actors to be in the lead. While it can be argued that Storm Shadow may likely have a bigger presence in the upcoming movie, being Snake Eyes' arch nemesis but it's really a better alternative/way out for LBH. He will always be the original Storm Shadow of the GI Joe live-action movie series and he already delivered his best & nailed it. Time for him to move on as well. 

Looking at the trend, Korean movie pairings these days are going for stars reunion working together again with a new director while the current plot lines tend  to feat. disaster/intense/emergency situation which unfortunately are no longer fiction but based on real-happenings in the world.

Still hoping for BH to return to drama (when a good script beckons and situation allows) and still wishing him to reunite with former co-stars, which is also the trend in the drama world these days. 

• Like 3

August 29, 2019

Song Kang-Ho & Lee Byung-Hun cast in movie “Emergency Declaration”

Source: AsianWiki Blog

skhlbh2.jpg

Song Kang-Ho and Lee Byung-Hun are cast in movie “Emergency Declaration” (literal title). The film will deal with an airplane that must declare an emergency and do an emergency landing. Movie will be directed by Han Jae-Rim. He has previously worked with Song Kang-Ho in 2007 movie “The Show Must Go On” and 2013 movie “The Face Reader.” This is the first time Han Jae-Rim and Lee Byung-Hun will work together. Filming for the movie will take sometime in the first half of 2020.

typewriter.gif As more updates are coming out (& thanks to the initial news highlight) here's the movie thread for Emergency Declaration :)

• Like 3

Source: Jason Bechervaise @Jasebechervaise

August 29, 2019

Song Kang-ho and Lee Byung-hun Korean Stars Reteam for ‘Emergency Declaration’

By SONIA KIL  Variety

Korean actor Lee Byung-hun
CREDIT: PHOTO BY SASHA DON

South Korea’s two top actors, Song Kang-ho (“Parasite”) and Lee Byung-hun (“The Magnificent Seven”) have confirmed that they are joining new project “Emergency Declaration.” C-Jes Entertainment, one of the film’s co-production houses, announced on Thursday (Aug. 29).

Han Jae-rim, who previously directed “The Show Must Go On,” “The Face Reader” and “The King” will direct the film. According to C-Jes’ statement, “Emergency Declaration” is a disaster drama set in a plane and will boast suspenseful plot and colorful characteristics. Production budget and distributor have not yet been confirmed.

Song and Lee starred together in three previous films: Park Chan-wook’s “Joint Security Area,” Kim Jee-woon’s “The Good, the Bad, the Weird,” and “The Age of Shadows,” which is also directed by Kim.

“Emergency Declaration” aims to wrap pre-production in 2019, and start production in the first half of 2020.

• Like 3