Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

His manager indicated that they were filming in Washington DC before, perhaps his scenes were not that extensive that he's more in New York instead. Could be there are NY scenes as well.

Thanks to gist by mistymorning.. someone who attended the KACF Gala on the 8th mentioned that LBH was looking really good, happy and glowing. He took photos with everyone but left in the middle of the event.

Photo: Tana Chung

• Like 5

Thanks to @kansas424 for the idea & info and @mistymorning for the clip highlight & input, lets start a fun fan-topic th_coffee5.gif

I Spy: mrs.jpg MR.SUNSHINE vs LEE BYUNG HUN

Come post and share similar items/dialogues/concepts spotted in the recently-concluded MR.SUNSHINE with those you've seen in previous LBH's movies or drama series.

Examples

1. Eugene's Music Box  vs the Orgel in ALL IN (2003)

2. AeShin's red pinwheel vs red pinwheel in THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN (2016) 

mag7_mrs_pw.gif

3. Kyle's gloved right hand vs Ahn Sang Goo in INSIDE MEN (2015) 

im_mrs_hand.gif

4. Eugene's Matryoshka/Russian Doll vs A BITTERSWEET LIFE (2005) - this is such a nice surprise to know. The scene was deleted from the movie but included in the Director's Cut DVD.

bsl_mrs_doll.gif

Published on January 5, 2018 by 다시보기명장면

BSL Deleted scenes (the Russian Doll scene at 8.50 time-mark)

There are definitely more to come, do share your thoughts too! :lol:

• Like 5

On 11/12/2018 at 12:05 AM, kansas424 said:

@rubie  Magnificient GIF!!!  hehe

LOL! I'm actually wrecking my thinking capth_boredom.gif.. trying to remember other scenes and similarities. There are a few in mind but getting the scenes would be a challenge. :lol: But will try to.. will do.. 

If anyone has any feasible ideas, I'll certainly make more gifs.

On with the list:

5. He was the dorky In Woo in love with Tae Hee, their scenes started awkwardly in BUNGEE JUMPING OF THEIR OWN (2001) vs the most intimate sweetest gesture we have in MR.SUNSHINE.

bungee_mrs_shoes.gif

6. The reason why Ae Shin never got to memorize and practice the letter K. It's forever stuck in Kang Jae Hoon's world in A SINGLE RIDER (2017).

singlek.gif

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, rubie said:

LOL! I'm actually wrecking my thinking capth_boredom.gif.. trying to remember other scenes and similarities. There are a few in mind but getting the scenes would be a challenge. :lol: But will try to.. will do.. 

If anyone has any feasible ideas, I'll certainly make more gifs.

On with the list:

5. He was the dorky In Woo in love with Tae Hee, their scenes started awkwardly in BUNGEE JUMPING OF THEIR OWN (2001) vs the most intimate sweetest gesture we have in MR.SUNSHINE.

bungee_mrs_shoes.gif

6. The reason why Ae Shin never got to memorize and practice the letter K. It's forever stuck in Kang Jae Hoon's world in A SINGLE RIDER (2017).

singlek.gif

Im yet to watch single rider....did LBH learn alphabet in this movie?

• Like 4

On 11/12/2018 at 1:07 AM, kansas424 said:

Im yet to watch single rider....did LBH learn alphabet in this movie?

Oh.. no spoilers, then. th_no2.gif It's his son learning English, hence the alphabets. The boy lives in Australia with his mom and misses the father a lot. The last "K" he wrote.. name of his dad, played by BH.

singlek.jpg

• Like 5

Another MR.SUNSHINE quote by byunghun0712 on his latest IG post, photos of the Hudson River. His manager posted that they were staying at the Mandarin Oriental in NY. Looks like they've checked out today? (11/11 refer here)

LBH's caption: Hudson River is not slippery when frozen :lol:

20181111ec.jpg

• Like 4

November 7, 2018

LEE Byung-hun, LEE Sung-min and KWAK Do-won Enter 1970s Political Thriller
INSIDE MEN Director and Star Reunite for CHIEFS OF NAMSAN

by Pierce Conran KoBiz

PudVelakuZQReKohkbra.jpg

The director and star of Inside Men (2015) are teaming up again for a new political thriller. Chiefs of Namsan (translated title), based on the 1992 book of the same name, will star LEE Byung-hun alongside LEE Sung-min and KWAK Do-won, with WOO Min-ho handling the director’s reins. The film kicked off production on October 20 and will continue filming into the new year.

Set in the politically turbulent 1970s, Chiefs of Namsan will see LEE take on the role of Kim Kyu-pyung (based on the former Korean Central Intelligence Agency chief KIM Jae-gyu). LEE Sung-min (seen in The Spy Gone North and The Witness this year) is playing President Park (based on PARK Chung-hee), while KWAK (lead of last winter’s Steel Rain) is on board as Park Yong-gak (based on KIM Hyung-wook, a previous KCIA head). In real life, KIM Jae-gyu is known as President PARK Chung-hee’s assassin.

Also in the cast are LEE Hee-jun (1987: When the Day Comes, 2017) as Kwak Sang-chun, the Chief Officer of Presidential Security, and KIM So-jin (The King, 2017) as the lobbyist Deborah Shim.

When LEE and director WOO last teamed up they landed a huge hit with the acclaimed hit Inside Men. The film attracted over nine million viewers in late 2015. WOO will surely be very busy at year’s end, as production on Chiefs of Namsan will clash with his promotional obligations for his upcoming 1970s-set crime drama The Drug King, featuring SONG Kang-ho and BAE Doo-na, which is expected to come out in December. WOO’s earlier works include Man Of Vendetta (2010) and The Spies (2012).

• Like 4

7. The EuShin lobeu drawer box vs the security box in IRIS (2009). Even with more than a century apart, the message mode never changes. :P

iris_mrs_box.gif

8. When the sun turned into storm.. it's time to retaliate and avenge. Sword expert Eugene Choi vs Storm Shadow in GI JOE: RETALIATION (2013).

gijoe_mrs_sword.gif

• Like 5

From his manager's IG posts, Lee Byung Hun & co. have been to the HBO Office, UTA and Legendary Entertainment while they were in LA, where he also attended the annual LACMA Art+Film Gala as well as meeting relatives & friends. After LA, they were in Washington DC for CHIEFS OF NAMSAN filming and then staying in New York, attending the KACF Gala and visiting acquaintances. From the aerial photos of Hudson River, presumably taken from air, they're either continuing the US trip or flying to France(?) or coming home. Now, we wait for follow-up news from BH Ent.'s business meetings -- perhaps some joint venture projects, maybe a new Hollywood feature which hopefully we'll hear soon apart from more domestic projects, CFs, pictorials and award news.th_pwettybunny.gif

Finally, thanks to our Admin @taprokh's diligent effort, the ELBH website which was down for awhile due to a technical glitch has finally been restored about 95%. We will now resume the compilation updates that have been put on hold recently. There're quite a few of the recent updates still yet to be compiled (particularly the APAN & Seoul Award news).. which will be up in due time. Our apology for these unforeseen circumstances.

In the meantime, some of the compilation that have been posted so far~

user posted image 18/11/13 News compilation at EverythingLBH.com th_up1.gif

Fan-tribute: Dear Eugene, Are you comfortable in the distance?
    Choi Jin Ho: Lee Byung Hun amazed me with his emotional acting
    Behind-the-scene HighCut Pictorial feat. Lee Byung Hun, weibo pics
    Thank you to everyone who watched and loved MR.SUNSHINE
    Lee Byung Hun confirmed to attend 2018 Asia Artist Awards
    MR.SUNSHINE Cast say their farewells as drama comes to an end
    Korea Times: MR.SUNSHINE gives new life to independence fighters
    The final Finale: MR.SUNSHINE Will Not Return For Season 2
    The Seoul Awards Announces Nominations for 2018
    MR.SUNSHINE at 1st ranking position, 9 weeks in a row
    MR.SUNSHINE OST Part 15: Hwang Chi Yeul-How Can I Forget You
    Kim NamHee vs Lee ByungHun: Hard to act with pressured feeling
    Behind-the-Scenes MR.SUNSHINE feat. Lee ByungHun vs Kim TaeRi
    Charismatic quartet brings binge-worthy MR.SUNSHINE to life
    Are We Ever Going to See a GI Joe 3? See you again Storm Shadow?
    September Movie Star Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed
    Seo Yu Jung: Lee Byung Hun's eye-acting, really a master's work
    Upcoming Blu-ray Release: BUNGEE JUMPING OF THEIR OWN

Source: 도미@kkonre

GIFs of LBH and BH Boss at the 25th Buil Film Awards 2 years ago, good to see the unchanging interaction of the same actor and his longtime manager. There's also Kim Tae Ri spotted sitting behind them.

• Like 4

9. Boys will be boys. :P Fanboys of a treasure map (THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD 2008) vs Fanboys of a Joseon girl (The Fool, The Moron, The Loser 2018).

gbw_mrs_fml.gif

The compilation on twitter ~

• Like 5

November 16, 2018

Yoo Yeon Seok: Lee Byung Hun's acting was really great

Source: Edaily / Newsen / Mydaily with thanks to @mistymorning for the gist

PS18111600051.jpg

"I knew Lee Byung-Hun sunbaenim's acting is excellent, but seeing for myself makes it more amazing. I got more tensed and surprised by his acting. Recently when I won an award, I thought of BH and other actors/actresses who gave me such tension. Those situation really made great synergy effect."

September 28, 2018

Excerpt from K-style Yoo Yeon Seok Interview at MR.SUNSHINE soompi

Translation by manyearsago

Q:  Please tell us your impression of co-stars Lee Byung Hun, Byun Yo Han, Kim Tae Ri and Kim Min Jung 

YYS: Because Lee Byung Hun is a senior actor, I was really very nervous in the beginning.  I thought it would be hard to approach him but he is really cheerful and friendly, he approached me first.  He is a mood maker on set, really an interesting person. Kim Tae Ri is very bright and she brings positive energy.   Because I was a fan of Kim Min Jung when I was a child, I am very honoured having acted with her and I am really pleased.  Byun Yo Han has a mischievous image but actually he is bright and very serious, he is a thoughtful and considerate actor.  When we met, we updated what we were up to and we also discussed worries about the characters.

Photo: byunghun0712 via HeraldPop

Spoiler

Center of image

• Like 5