Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

May 2, 2019

Winners Of The 55th Baeksang Arts Awards

Source: Soompi by J. K

Winners Of The 55th Baeksang Arts Awards

The 55th Baeksang Arts Awards celebrated some of the best of this year’s television and film!

The award ceremony held on May 1 in Seoul was attended by many of Korea’s top stars. Shin Dong Yup, Suzy, and Park Bo Gum took on the role of hosts again for the night.

The Grand Prizes went to Jung Woo Sung in the film category for his performance in “Innocent Witness” and Kim Hye Ja in the television category for her work in the JTBC drama “Radiant.”

Lee Byung Hun of “Mr. Sunshine” received the Best Actor award for television and Yum Jung Ah took home the Best Actress award for television for her performance in “Sky Castle.”

In the film category, the Best Actor award went to Lee Sung Min for “The Spy Gone North” and Han Ji Min was recognized once again for her work in “Miss Baek” when she received the Best Actress award.

Check out the full list of winners below!

Television categories:

Grand Prize: Kim Hye Ja (JTBC’s “Radiant”)
Best Drama: tvN’s “My Ahjussi”
Best Variety Show: MBC’s “Omniscient Interfering View”
Best Cultural Program: KBS’s “Journalism Talk Show J”
Best Director: Cho Hyun Tak (JTBC’s “Sky Castle”)
Best Script: Park Hae Young (“My Ahjussi”)
Art Award: Park Sung Jin (tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”)
Best Actor: Lee Byung Hun (tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”)
Best Actress: Yum Jung Ah (“Sky Castle”)
Best Supporting Actor: Kim Byung Chul (“Sky Castle”)
Best Supporting Actress: Lee Jung Eun (“Radiant”)
Best New Actor: Jang Ki Yong (MBC’s “Come and Hug Me”)
Best New Actress: Kim Hye Yoon (“Sky Castle”)
Best Male Variety Star: Jun Hyun Moo (MBC’s “I Live Alone”)
Best Female Variety Star: Lee Young Ja (“Omniscient Interfering View”)

Film categories:

Grand Prize: Jung Woo Sung (“Innocent Witness”)
Best Film: “The Spy Gone North”
Best Director: Kang Hyung Chul (“Swing Kids”)
Best New Director: Lee Ji Won (“Miss Baek”)
Art Award: Hong Kyung Pyo (“Burning”)
Best Script: Kwak Kyung Taek, Kim Tae Kyun (“Dark Figure of Crime”)
Best Actor: Lee Sung Min (“The Spy Gone North”)
Best Actress: Han Ji Min (“Miss Baek”)
Best Supporting Actor: Kim Joo Hyuk (“Believer”)
Best Supporting Actress: Kwon So Hyun (“Miss Baek”)
Best New Actor: Kim Young Kwang (“On Your Wedding Day”)
Best New Actress: Lee Jae In (“SVAHA: The Sixth Finger”)

Additional awards:

Best Short Play: Sung Soo Yeon (“Actress-1: National Robot Actress 1”)
V Live Popularity Award (Male): EXO’s D.O.
V Live Popularity Award (Female): IU
Style Icon Award: Kim Hye Soo

Congratulations to all the winners!

Source (1) (2)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rori0711 said:

hello! hello!

Congratulations to all the winners at 55th Baeksang Arts Awards most especially to Lee Byunghun ssi:wub:

Hats off to Han Jimin for Best Actress. It was a big night for BH artists :thumbsup:

Hello, hello back! :lol:

Big night for BH artists indeed. :wub: They're definitely gaining all the good result after a lot of the hard work before this. Looking forward to more great projects and achievements from Byunghun and his colleagues at the agency.

Can't wait to see BH's IG post of the selfie taken with HJM. Wonder who else he took selfies with? Sure hope he took a photo with Daesang actress Kim Hye Ja, who is another rubie fave. ^_^ In one of the many Baeksang (fan) clips, LBH & KHJ were talking warmly with each other before the awards.

But now here's one from minee *kumawo!*

and one more ~

• Like 3
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, rubie said:

Hello, hello back! :lol:

Big night for BH artists indeed. :wub: They're definitely gaining all the good result after a lot of the hard work before this. Looking forward to more great projects and achievements from Byunghun and his colleagues at the agency.

Can't wait to see BH's IG post of the selfie taken with HJM. Wonder who else he took selfies with? Sure hope he took a photo with Daesang actress Kim Hye Ja, who is another rubie fave. ^_^ In one of the many Baeksang (fan) clips, LBH & KHJ were talking warmly with each other before the awards

Ms. Kim Hyeja is now my favorite too ;)

To be honest, I'm rooting for HyunBin as Best Actor becoz i was touched by his acting in Memories of The Alhambra. I didn't get to fully watch Mr. Sunshine that's why. I know BH has a lot of Best actor trophies already so it's a wishful thingking. If not HB then i pray BH wins.

When BH name got called out, i was overcame with joy becoz i realized that it took him 10 yrs since his last TV drama, IRIS. It was truly momentous. I also expected Mr. Sunshine to win Technical award becoz that cinematography was top notch. In the end, it was won by MoA. 

I must commend that last night was a fierce competition esp. the Best Actor & Actress (TV/Film) category and i had a blast watching and celebrating the best of 2018 productions :)

• Like 4

Last night's competition for the Best Actor (tv) category was indeed tough but seeing Cho Seung Woo coming out to present the award with Kim Nam Joo, just felt that BH would win. Just feels that way and thankfully it happened. CSW definitely had a feeling that his hyungnim would win as well that he sent BH a message beforehand. Can't forget how much he adored BH during the Inside Men filming, promos and from then onward. :lol: Lee Min Jung herself is a fan of CSW and would always watch his musical plays.

And of course, there must be a photo of the brothers.. courtesy of Lee Byung Hun.

Byunghun's caption: The award felt so much better because you announced my name.

I hope LBH would have a chance to act with Kim Hye Ja sunbaenim, just like he did with Youn Yuh Jung in Keys to the Heart.^_^
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, rubie said:

I hope LBH would have a chance to act with Kim Hye Ja sunbaenim, just like he did with Youn Yuh Jung in Keys to the Heart.^_^

just the possibility would be an exhilarating news for us.

----------------------------------------

cr: @BillyRocks_13

• Like 3
  • Love 1

May 3, 2019

Stars shine at annual Baeksang Art Awards: Actors Kim Hye-ja and Jung Woo-sung were granted top honors

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

02204452.jpg
From left, actors Lee Byung-hun, Yum Jung-ah, Kim Hye-ja, Jung Woo-sung, Lee Sung-min and Han Ji-min, all winners at the 55th Baeksang Arts Awards, pose for photos after the ceremony. Kim and Jung each received the Grand Prize - Kim for television and Jung for film. [ILGAN SPORTS]

Wednesday was a big night for the film “The Spy Gone North” and the tvN show “My Mister,” which both took home top honors at the 55th Baeksang Arts Awards, which was held at Coex in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. 

As for the top awards for actors, the veteran actress Kim Hye-ja received the Grand Prize for actors in the television division, while “Innocent Witness” star Jung Woo-sung won in the film division. 

Both actors seemed to be stunned when their names were called and the audience exploded in applause for them while they walked to the stage to accept their awards. It was Kim’s fourth time receiving the prestigious award - she took her first in 1979. 

In the series “Radiant,” Kim plays an old lady in her 70s who is surprised by her suddenly aged appearance because she swears that she was in her mid-20s yesterday. As the story unfolds, it turns out she is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, a startling plot twist for viewers. 

Kim said that she was truly unprepared to make a speech, but she came to the ceremony with a page from the script of the last episode of the show. She read, “To all who are struggling in their lives, as you were born into this world, you deserve to have it all every day. Whether you have a normal day, doing nothing particularly great, it does not matter, because your life is worth living. Do not let your past, full of regrets, and your anxious future ruin your day. Live for today.” 

The prize for Best Director went to Kang Hyung-chul, who directed “Swing Kids,” while the film awards for Best Actress and Actor went to Han Ji-min from “Miss Baek” and Lee Sung-min for his role in the film “The Spy Gone North,” respectively. 

Best Screenplay went to “Dark Figure of Crime,” which is based on a real case about a serial killer who committed seven murders. Yet the detectives have a hard time investigating the crimes due to a lack of evidence and due to the statute of limitations. 

As for the television series, although the mega-hit JTBC’s “SKY Castle” failed to clutch the award for Best Drama, four actors from the show went home with awards. Yum Jung-ah received the Best Actress award, while Best Supporting Actor went to Kim Byung-chul, and Kim Hye-yoon for Best New Actress. 

The anticipation for the final episodes of “SKY Castle” was so intense that scripts for episodes 17 and 18 were leaked online, much to the dismay of the show’s producer. But it came as no surprise when Jo Hyun-tak was named Best Director for a TV Series. 

190501_55b_51.jpeg

Best Actor, on the other hand, went to Lee Byung-hun for his portrayal of a Korean U.S. Marine Corps officer during the Japanese colonial era in tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine.” Lee thanked his fellow cast and his wife Rhee Min-jung for “always being there for him and cheering him on although he wasn’t home much while the shooting [of the drama]”

The MBC show “Omniscient Interfering View,” which features assistants talking about their famous bosses, won Best Entertainment Program. Best Variety Performer awards went to Lee Young-ja for her role on the show, while Jun Hyun-moo received the prize for MBC’s “I Live Alone.” His win was deemed a surprise by many because the host is no longer part of the show due to his break up with co-host Han Hye-jin. 

Both stars quit the show soon after news of their separation broke in March. 

JTBC Plus and Ilgan Sports were the organizers of the annual ceremony, which was hosted by comedian Shin Dong-yup, actor Park Bo-gum and singer-turned-actor Suzy for the second consecutive year. 

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 4

Source: Soompi

Hello,

This is BH Entertainment.

We would like to relay that Han Hyo Joo, who works as a model for JMsolution, did not attend the event mentioned in the May 4 broadcast of SBS’s “Unanswered Questions.”

Han Hyo Joo is simply a model for JMsolution. She did not participate in the event and has not once stepped foot in Burning Sun. In addition, we maintain that none of her fellow actors in the agency attended the event.

We will pursue strong legal action against all posts and comments on social media that damage our actors’ reputations by spreading these falsehoods.

Thank you.

Source: Soompi

JMsolution has now released a statement, which reads as follows:

We would like to address the recent controversy involving Burning Sun.

On November 23, 2018, JMsolution held an event with our employees at Burning Sun. Celebrities who are models for our brand did not attend that event, and we were not aware of the issue that occurred at the time. We find it very unfortunate to have cause worry and concern to everyone by having our company and our brand models’ names associated with the controversy simply because we were in the same location.

From last October, JMsolution began marketing in Korea, and most cosmetics brands use various advertising channels to launch brands and hold events. The event that was held at the location [Burning Sun] was simply an even for the brand, and had nothing to do with the ongoing controversies.

Despite never being contacted by or speaking with any media outlet regarding this, reports have been linking our brand and our brand models to the controversy, and we find it unfortunate that we are suffering from damages due to this reporting.

JMsolution plans to take a strong stance against those who spread false information and contribute to defaming our brand.

Thank you.

• Like 4

Related  excerpt from full article posted at Masquerade thread ~

May 3, 2019

Herald Interview: Artistry of movie makeup

By Yoon Min-sik The Korea Herald

Even longer, if it is a period flick. In the case of the 2012 film “Masquerade,” starring Lee Byung-hun, it took three months to prepare for the four-month shoot. 

“I have to organize the concept for every makeup, prepare for props like wigs and beards. It’s a big process. Not only that, I have to analyze the scenario and discuss it with the director and actors. I have to study all the actors,” he said.

Transforming a man living in the 21st century into a king from the Joseon era can be tough, but complicating the matter is that these are some of the most recognizable faces in South Korea. How do you take a man who played a ninja bodyguard, gunslinger and a shape-shifting robot, and hide him inside 17th-century royalty?

“I have to consider the personal traits of that actor. Visually, (the new character) cannot overlap with that person’s previous works.”

That is becomingly increasingly tougher as actors take on so many roles, and the audience tend to link their image to the role they have played. 

“In the case of ‘Masquerade,’ it was Lee’s first period piece so everything was fresh. But that film sold over 10 million tickets and left an impression,” Cho said. 

For Lee’s another period film “Fortress,” set in the same 17th century Joseon era but only a few decades later, Cho said he focused on bringing out the dark, gloomy nature of the times the movie tried to capture. 

“In any case, a person watching, ‘The Fortress,’ must not look at Lee and be reminded of ‘Masquerade,’” Cho noted. 

20190502000809_0.jpg
Cho Tae-hee (Park Hyun-koo/The Korea Herald)

In the case of a traditional Korean headdress (binyeo) worn by Han Hyo-joo in “Masquerade,” it has large and small dragons engraved onto it, symbolizing the king and his lookalike, both played by Lee. “They are glancing at each other, but can never meet, and the queen is in the middle. It is a metaphor for the situation,” he said.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

May 6, 2019

Lee Byung-hun, Han Hyo-joo's Management Statement for 'Burning Sun Cosmetics Event'

Source: STARNEWS via HanCinema.net

photo1059804.jpg

While it turns out that club Burning Sun held a cosmetics brand event, BH Entertainment explained that the models of the brand, Lee Byung-hun, Han Hyo-joo and Kim Go-eun have never attended it.

BH Entertainment released a statement on the 5th of May and said, "Han Hyo-joo is just the model for JM Solution. She was never at the event and she has never even been to the club. We would like to stress that the actors mentioned have never been to the cosmetics brand event".

The SBS TV show "We Want to Know" revealed on the 4th that on the day Kim Sang-kyo was assaulted in club Burning Sun, a cosmetics brand held a dinner party there, and an actress in her 30s who was there at the scene showed behavior strange enough to suspect drug use.

Right after the broadcast, the cosmetics brand was made out and names like Lee Byung-hun, Han Hyo-joo and Kim Go-eun from BH Entertainment were mentioned for the reason that they are the models of this brand.

The following is the official statement from BH Entertainment.

"We at BH Entertainment would like to clarify.

Regarding the JM Solution event at the club Burning Sun, Han Hyo-joo who is the model of the cosmetics brand, did not attend the party mentioned by the SBS TV show "We Want to Know" on the 4th of May.

Han Hyo-joo is just the model for JM Solution. She was never at the event and she has never even been to the club. We would like to stress that the actors mentioned have never been to the cosmetics brand event.

This company is prepared to strictly and legally deal with any speculative statements and SNS posts that are baseless and defaming to the actors.

Thank you".

• Like 4