Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

February 5, 2019

Wishing Byunghun & family, fans and all friends at the thread a very happy Lunar New Year celebrations ~

Best wishes of blessed happiness, good health and continuous success to all this Seollal & Chinese New Year! orange.gif

lunar_ny.gif

A bright and wonderful celebration with family & loved ones!

seollal1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 1/25/2019 at 12:15 AM, rubie said:

He probably wanted to 'forget' that dance routine but BH does it his way by confronting those moments and being positive. It's been known how some blogs posted the dancing clips in order to get antis & haters to leave mean comments about BH, which some actually did. But with him posting about it directly on his IG.. people can't say anything anymore because he's ok with it (that's what I personally understood by the action, others may have a different perception).. BH himself, indirectly mentioned he did embarrassing stunts for fans but he still do it anyways.. move on and continue to live on.

I'm sorry. It took me so long to reply to this. I felt bad. I didn't know that LBH wanted to forget that performance at the Arena Tour. I asked "Does LBH go on variety shows?" So thank you for answering. I am sad that haters are mean to him. I am happy that LBH just wants to make his fans happy. I hope LBH can ignore the hate. I think LBH is very successful. I believe he is very popular here in the U.S. He is the first Asian Man to present an award at the Oscars. The Oscars is like Baeksang Awards in Korea. And he speaks English really well. Do you know what that means? So I think Asian and Asian-American actors don't have any movie roles in the U.S. I wish that there were more movie roles for them. I hope he can have a future here in the U.S. I hope he can be in more American movies. I hope he can play a hero or a superhero someday. I hope he can be a leading man. I want Asian and Asian-Americans to have fair roles too. That is the world I want. I am an African-American woman. I am not Asian or Asian-American. I don't know it feels to be LBH. I just want him to be successful here. I hope the hate stops. I hope the hate on the blogs stops. I'm happy he is going to move on.

He did quite a lot of variety show appearances when he was much younger and less known, especially in the 90s. There're some old clips showing a bit of these shows but not many around, unlike these days as variety shows can be streamed & watched easily. Starting from  2000 onward, he doesn't appear on variety shows anymore as he's more focused into acting in movies. Mostly he'll do interviews as to promote his movies/dramas but the last (and only) variety show he did was Healing Camp in 2012/3.

I'm happy he did well in variety shows. So he does interviews to promote his movies/dramas. He did Healing Camp. I have seen Healing Camp. I think it's so funny!

ELBH has some HC compilations: Click 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 to check it out.

Thank you! I will try to check it out!

It would be great to see him in a variety or reality show but not sure his already-packed schedule would allow it even if he wanted to. He doesn't need to promote his movies too much these days but it's always nice to see him appear with fellow actors on tv interviews instead. I guess that is already as good as we get to see him on variety shows.mrs.jpg

You're right. Well, you said his schedule is already packed. I hope he does a variety show :).

On 2/2/2019 at 5:21 PM, rubie said:

Really good to read your thoughts on this movie th_rbhcool.gif.. he's definitely nothing like he was in ISTD. A super serious King vs a clumsy clown but BH nailed it in his first historical role. Despite his long list of dramas and movies, he's been 'avoiding' historical roles (he was offered period dramas earlier on but rejected the script) because he wasn't sure how he could be convincing as the character. His way of acting, he used to say that he had to experience what the character goes through to be able to portray the role. But in the end, he just couldn't say no to a good script so he took the dual role and it was the perfect decision. Masquerade received many positive response & critical acclaim, won numerous awards and finally LBH has his first 10-million club movie.

Needless to say that once BH had his first historical movie, he got hooked and went on to act in Memories of The Sword and The Fortress. While the responses for the latter movie were varied, it's obvious that he enjoys the experience and thrives on the challenges.

Keep on sharing thoughts like this, ok.. we may take awhile to response but we will try. ^_^

Found this GIF at the movie thread.. one of the first GIFs when I started to make some back then..so, it's rather raw, a beginner's first try. :sweatingbullets:

Ok! I'm going to watch Inside Men soon. So Keys to the Heart...I really really want to watch it! I haven't finished Masquerade yet! Argghhhh! So LBH is in the 10-million movie club? Yay!!! I haven't seen Memories of the Sword or The Fortress. I hope he picks what he likes. I like your gifs!

6 hours ago, kansas424 said:

Happy Lunar New Year everyone !!  :heart:

Happy Lunar New Year!

6 hours ago, rubie said:

Wishing Byunghun & family, fans and all friends at the thread a very happy Lunar New Year celebrations ~

Best wishes of blessed happiness, good health and continuous success to all this Seollal & Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Happy Lunar New Year to you too, @2handsintertwined.. some of us may not be celebrating it but as we are global fans of Lee Byung Hun, it's nice to know & learn about everything that's related to the actor -- language, culture, festivities etc. When I was much younger I followed a lot of American tv shows. I've never known anything about Korean dramas before till I watched Beautiful Days years ago.. Lee Byung Hun had such an impact and he still do. He is undeniable one of the Korean leading men on the big and small screen. He can definitely headline a major Hollywood movie but till the right moment and good script comes, he will continue to act in Korean movies. At this point, it may seem like it's getting harder (getting lead roles in Hollywood) but BH had been working on & off in Hollywood since 10 years ago and he has 5+ movie projects to his name. Those may not be his most significant work yet but he'll always give his all and more. Hopefully he will one day get his big break and show the true actor he is.

Really glad to read your heart-warming positive thoughts about LBH.. his hard work, energy and effort will certainly be a positive influence on the younger actors to pursue their careers in Hollywood (for instance). 

Photos: Busan Film Commission

CHIEFS OF NAMSAN had location filming in Busan.

• Like 5

th_thumbup.gif Such cute lovely cartoon by Chinese fan ~

Art by Ziqi Wu

LOL.. this is really funny.. Billy Rocks, HaSun-Gwanghae and Storm Shadow photobombing BH's selfie. th_laughing.gif

Btw.. 'The Man Standing Next' cap worn by BH.. is it a fan gift?

• Like 6

Fan-review of the movie recommended by Lee Byung Hun on his IG previously. 

Source: ePhoenix.13 @BillyRocks_13

~ #TheBalladofBusterScruggs

6 stories. Dark, captivating n thought provoking č a bit of a humor. 4th being my fav. More optimistic I'd say. Meal ticket had me while Mortal remains was spooky. After watching, sunshiners would know one of the reasons why captain loved it. JK~

Source: Admiral Ackbars Memoriam @DCrizzler

Watched “A Bittersweet Life” by Kim Jee-Woon again last night. I actually think it’s almost a perfect film it has everything drama, action, love story, well shot and acted. Lee Byung-Hun is underrated in the west big time.  SK cinema is probably my favourite genre at the moment.

• Like 6

Wow! You are all talking about things I don't understand! I'm sorry I can't add to the conversation! Well thanks for the updates.

I hope some of you LBH fans don't think, "She's only here because she's bored." I hope some of you aren't thinking, "I don't like her."

Well, I think you're wrong. I said I Saw the Devil was the first Korean film I saw. I was curious about his thread. Now I'm here. If you don't like me or trust me you don't have to. I noticed a lot of you don't respond to me. I won't complain just makes me sad. So....

I finished Masquerade!

My thoughts:

I think LBH's character was funny. I think he was brave. I think he would make a great king. Sometimes I prayed, "Please don't find out he's not the real king." I enjoyed his acting. I enjoyed everyone's acting. I always think, "I don't think the King can trust his Court." So LBH was amazing!

I finished Inside Men!

My thoughts:

Wow! I loved this one so much. I kept asking how will LBH's character get his revenge. I thought, "They cut off his hand!" "Noooooo!" Well I am happy he got his revenge. I'm happy he met the prosecutor. I think they worked well together. I'm happy  all the bad guys went jail. I wanted to say something. I don't like how the Korean women were treated. I think they were disrespected. All they did was please all the men. I want a Korean woman who doesn't do that. I think LBH's friend was like that. But she got used too. 

So these are my thoughts. You don't have to reply!

Next I'm watching Keys to the Heart! I might not come back for a while. I'm leaving soompi soon. It's just hard to leave. I met all of you wonderful LBH fans. You all introduced me to his amazing works. But I will watch Keys to the Heart. And I will come back with my thoughts.  Thank you! I wish the best for LBH! I hope this thread goes on forever!

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 6

Thank you @2handsintertwined for your thoughts on Masquerade and Inside Men, I'm really happy that you're able to watch the 2 movies. You have a nice and precise way of conveying the mini reviews.. they're neat and well said. It's something special that you have, shows that you have truly enjoyed watching the movies. I agree that in Inside Men, the women were shown only to please the powerful men. It's actually and unfortunately the same situation in many of the Korean movies, particularly those with political themes. Even in I Saw The Devil, the women were victimized in the such unbelievably large amount of gory, gruesome and brutal scenes.

We're definitely looking forward to your review on Keys to the Heart. Hopefully, just like @rori0711 (thanks Rori, for the wonderful thoughts.. it's always good to see you dropping by) ... you will enjoy the family drama. It's definitely and totally different from Inside Men.

There will always be good movies to watch with new ones coming soon and more thoughts to share here.. we hope you will still come to the thread. Some of us may not post and respond directly at the thread but everyone here is very appreciative to every LBH-sharing.

• Like 6

@irilight Thank you so much for the warm wishes for the thread, wishing you well in the new year too.

I saw that tweeted by a Korean fan awhile back but it's highly doubtful or it would have made the news.. like worldwide and all over. :D KWB especially have a lot of fans waiting for him to make a comeback.. I believe this was the movie he signed up (to co-star with LJJ) before he went for treatment. Not sure the status now but it was postponed(?) till KWB recovers.

However, it's just too good to be true and LBH would likely love to work with Dir. Choi but nahh th_no2.gif.. what's real and confirmed is Mount Baekdu which would start or may already started filming with BH, Ha Jung Woo and Ma Dong Seok. It's really something different for Byunghun this time, from what he'd usually choose.. so, it'll be interesting and highly anticipated.

After filming the two Korean movies, presumably he would be heading back to Hollywood for the last GI Joe movie. Sooner than later, they have to start filming if they don't want to miss the 2020 release date. th_confused003.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rubie said:

Not sure the status now but it was postponed(?) till KWB recovers

@rubie, thank you for your answer. Yes, that is what I read too... postponed for his recovery....
I wonder why all of a sudden IMDB lists  LBH for this movie.

2 hours ago, rubie said:

what's real and confirmed is Mount Baekdu which would start or may already started filming with BH, Ha Jung Woo and Ma Dong Seok. It's really something different for Byunghun this time, from what he'd usually choose.. so, it'll be interesting and highly anticipated.

ah... thank you much for the reminder of this film - Mount Baekdu.
I am going to promptly request if from Netflix....

Did you know you can request movies/drama from Netflix (if you have an account). There is  a link under the Help page from our Account.  But Netflix asks that folks will only request ONCE per IP address.

https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest?ui_action=title-suggestion-quicklinks

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

This week Byunghun posted 2 movie recommendations on his IG -- Her and I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore. Today (2/8) BH posted a new photo with Park Jung Min, his brother in Keys to the Heart.. it's like he knew we're talking about the movie. :lol:

Wonder if they were at a recent event or perhaps at a private function? There's no media updates on anything.. everything is pretty quiet these days. Luckily BH is keeping us in the loop.^_^

• Like 6

February 5, 2019

February Movie Star Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Source: Soompi by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from January 2 to February 3.

Ryu Seung Ryong and Honey Lee, the stars of the record–breaking new film “Extreme Job,” topped this month’s rankings at No. 1 and No. 2 respectively. Ryu Seung Ryong took first place on the list with a brand reputation index of 6,395,99, while Honey Lee earned a total score of 5,465,003 for February.

Ryu Jun Yeol, the star of the new hit film “Hit-and-Run Squad,” came in at a close third for the month. The actor scored a total brand reputation index of 5,381,824 for February.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Ryu Seung Ryong
2. Honey Lee
3. Ryu Jun Yeol
4. Park Sung Woong
5. Gong Hyo Jin
6. Yeo Jin Goo
7. Yum Jung Ah
8. Kim Byung Chul
9. Jin Sun Kyu
10. Hyun Bin
11. Lee Sun Bin
12. Lee Byung Hun
13. Son Ye Jin
14. Min Jin Woong
15. Kim Dong Wook
16. Gong Yoo
17. Lee Jong Suk
18. Kim Hyang Gi
19. Ha Yong Soo
20. Jo Jung Suk
21. Lee Dong Hwi
22. Yoon Kye Sang
23. Kim Hye Soo
24. Yoo Ah In
25. Jo Jae Yoon
26. Ra Mi Ran
27. Jung Joon Ho
28. Ha Jung Woo
29. Yoo Hae Jin
30. Gong Myung

Source (1)

Millie Library: Lee Byung Hun feat. 'The Selfish Gene' gaining popularity

1901290825218610.jpg

Source: Newspim

• Like 5

Lotte Cultureworks is having an event called "Star Chair", a series of fundraising events for inviting actors/actresses for their favorite movies. All sales will go to local walfare group, and in addition to that, one chair in the theater will get a special cover and sales on that chair will be donated for 1 year.

BH's been invited for 1st event, with his life time favorite movie "Cinema Paradiso"(1998, director Giuseppe Tornatore). This event will be held on Feb. 10th(Sun), 10 AM(GV after movie), in Lotte Cinema Sungnam Central(Shinheung station) -I guess the threater is picked because BH grew up there. there's tag under the location, saying "Sungnam, where actor Lee Byung-Hun grew with dream" -. Seems that he will have a talk with audience after the movie. 

Ticketing will start on Feb-1st Friday 11 AM(Korean Local Time). It seems to be very nice event and great cause to join in with BH. :)

201902010starchair.jpg

February 10, 2019

Today Byunghun posted 2 selfies on his IG with the caption

Before the starting of Star Chair event feat. Cinema Paradiso 

201902010starchair1.jpg

201902010starchair2.jpg

• Like 5

There're a lot of IG sharing (great photos & clips) on this event by the Korean fans. Good to see BH after the filming of CHIEFS OF NAMSAN. Hopefully this current hairstyle and look will be for his role in MOUNT BAEKDU. :)

Photos: BH Entertainment

Looks like the funds raised will be for the Kids & Future Foundation. Cool.

51001753_2247234255603786_5189878484404204895_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fkul16-1.fna.fbcdn.net

• Like 5

BH also shared his photo from Star Chair event.

Also, @rubie and @2handsintertwined I think somebody asked about his instagram and SNS in the event, and about that arena dance clip(which are being called dark history). From posted part(in BH dc gallery), he said he doesn't think that is it is dark history at all... and he wouldn't have done it in the fan meeting if he thought it would be considered dark. There are actually funnier clips but he doesn't share it to keep people from laughing watching his serious movies. When he posts on instagram, he wants people to see his posts and smiles, even for a short time.

Fan posted personal clip made in youtube. Please enjoy!

"

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

cat2_e0.gif

Also, @rubie and @2handsintertwined I think somebody asked about his instagram and SNS in the event, and about that arena dance clip(which are being called dark history). From posted part(in BH dc gallery), he said he doesn't think that is it is dark history at all... and he wouldn't have done it in the fan meeting if he thought it would be considered dark. There are actually funnier clips but he doesn't share it to keep people from laughing watching his serious movies. When he posts on instagram, he wants people to see his posts and smiles, even for a short time.

Thanks so much @mistymorning for the insight from BH's Star Chair Q&A. That's a great info to know.. how BH doesn't feel intimidated by the so-called dark history. It's good to know that he has such positive energy and wanted to share happiness with the fans. He's been through a lot and with the support of family, friends and fans, he's back and doing even better indeed. What some of us (fans, media or public) thought as dark history are just baseless assumption. We just worry too much.. all the time..th_duh.gif

Also the 28-minute clip is just awesome, such a happy and fun event with the fans. From his outfit, it looks like he had the Star Chair event in the late morning and later the event for MR.SUNSHINE. I think MJ commented that BH looked 'tired' on his IG post. Is that what she wrote?

Nice photos posted by the media. Check out more fan-pics from the event (HERE)

201902010starchair3.jpg

201902010starchair4.jpg

• Like 5