Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

November 9, 2016

Jun Ji Hyun, Yoo Jae Suk and Lee Byung Hun are record holders among Korean Stars  (a translation) 

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-09%20at%202.08.3

According to the reporting by “Aju Business Daily”,  tvN’s entertainment's  “Public list 2016” based upon the theme of “Korean actors who are the first and fastest to break records” published the rankings.  Jun Ji Hyun, Yoo Jae Suk, Lee Byung Hun and others are of the list. Topping the list is “Hallyu super star” Lee Byung Hun.  Lee Bung Hun who successfully made headway in Hollywood has a large number of international fans.  Lee Byung HUn was the first Korean Actor who held his fan meeting in Tokyo Dome, attracting 42,000 fans.  In addition, Lee Byung Hun is the first Korean star to leave his handprints on the Avenue of Stars in Hollywood and the first Korean actor to participate in a Hollywood movie that topped the box office. 

Source:  http://ent.cri.cn/2016119/789c5617-7b98-816a-b778-26ebc7084f21.html

• Like 5

@peonie Thanks Barbara for the translated gist of the tvN program feat. LBH et.al It's good to know that his years of hard work and achievements to globally promote Korea have not gone unnoticed. Really appreciate the article highlight and translation. 

Published on November 8, 2016 by MYDAILY 마이데일리

Published on November 8, 2016 by stardailynews

• Like 4

November 9, 2016

The Magnificent Seven 4K Blu-ray

by Webmaster Blu-ray.com

PRE-ORDER NOW
mag7_blu-ray.jpg

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is set to release director Antoine Fuqua's The Magnificent Seven (2016) on standard and 4K Blu-ray on December 20th. The action-packed western is a remake of the 1960 John Sturges classic of the same name (itself a reimagining of Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai), and stars Denzel Washington, Ethan Hawke, Chris Pratt, Haley Bennett, Vincent D'Onofrio, Peter Sarsgaard, Vinnie Jones, and Lee Byung-hun.

Official synopsis: Director Antoine Fuqua brings his modern vision to a classic story in Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures' and Columbia Pictures' The Magnificent Seven. With the town of Rose Creek under the deadly control of industrialist Bartholomew Bogue (Peter Sarsgaard), the desperate townspeople employ protection from seven outlaws, bounty hunters, gamblers and hired guns – Sam Chisolm (Denzel Washington), Josh Farraday (Chris Pratt), Goodnight Robicheaux (Ethan Hawke), Jack Horne (Vincent D'Onofrio), Billy Rocks (Byung-Hun Lee), Vasquez (Manuel Garcia-Rulfo), and Red Harvest (Martin Sensmeier). As they prepare the town for the violent showdown that they know is coming, these seven mercenaries find themselves fighting for more than money.

The Magnificent Seven, released theatrically by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures and Columbia Pictures, in association with LStar Capital and Village Roadshow Pictures, was directed by Antoine Fuqua from a screenplay by Nic Pizzolatto and Richard Wenk. The film is produced by Roger Birnbaum and Todd Black, and executive produced by Walter Mirisch, Antoine Fuqua, Bruce Berman and Ben Waisbren.

Exclusive to the Blu-ray releases is an interactive "Vengeance Mode," where Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke and the other members of the cast sat down together with director Antoine Fuqua to breakdown key scenes, share their best memories from the set and reflect on the extraordinary experience of making a classic western. "Vengeance Mode" combines behind the scenes footage with the group's lively conversation to give viewers an all-access look at the process of bringing The Magnificent Seven to the screen. Also available exclusively on the Blu-ray are deleted scenes and two featurettes. "Gunslingers" shows the extensive firearms training the cast went through with the trainer to prepare for the film, while "The Taking of Rose Creek" is a breakdown of the first big shootout.

Four additional featurettes included on the Blu-ray releases are also available on the DVD. "Magnificent Music" highlights the moving story of composer James Horner's final score before his untimely death; Antoine Fuqua is profiled in "Directing the Seven;" "Rogue Bogue" profiles the chilling villain played masterfully by Peter Sarsgaard; and "The Seven" features stylized character profiles with behind-the-scenes footage, cast and director interviews.

The standard Blu-ray release of The Magnificent Seven is presented in 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround. The 4K Blu-ray release is presented in 4K (2160p) with Dolby Atmos audio (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible). Special features on both editions include:

Vengeance Mode: Director Antoine Fuqua and cast break down key scenes and discuss the making of the film
Deleted Scenes
Six Featurettes: 
Gunslingers
The Taking of Rose Creek
Magnificent Music
Directing the Seven
The Seven
Rogue Bogue

• Like 3

November 10, 2016

Lee Byung Hun's acceptance speech at the 36th Critics' Choice Awards (a translation)

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-10%20at%2012.57.

"Although I am grateful for the film critics that praised me, I feel embarrassed.  I felt like this a decade ago  when I stood on stage to receive this trophy.  For ten years, I kept the trophy at home.   This trophy looked the same.   There are many reasons why Korean movies can be at the level of  many great films in the world. I think it is because there are film audiences  who love movies.  I will be grateful in my heart both at home and abroad.  I will not forget these kind intentions.    I will continue to work hard.   Thank you."

Source:  http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4855501211 (LBH Baidu)

• Like 4

Thank you Barbara for the lovely translation. I think it's quite a feat to receive the Critics' Choice recognition twice considering the tough competition among the acting heavyweights in the Korean film industry. Well, we hope he'll receive more of the trustworthy trophies for many many more good movies.

20161108c_1311.jpg

• Like 4

November 10, 2016

Lee Byung Hun at 'Vanishing Time' VIP Premiere

Source: Nate

Actor Lee Byung Hun attended the VIP screening of Kang Dong Won's new movie, 'Vanishing Time' at Gangnam-gu COEX mega box in Seoul. Lee Byung Hun and Kang Dong Won are co-stars in the upcoming movie, 'Master'.

이병헌, 오랜만에 영화관 나들이 왔어요~ (VIP시사회)

1478776128510547.jpg

기사의 0번째 이미지

With actress Bae Doo Na

Spoiler

120503_145875_2137.jpg

: 

• Like 4

Thanks Barbara for the latest movie update, looks like 'South Castle' is moving along just fine without much fanfare. It's definitely an impressive line-up of actors signing on to the project but somehow a pretty hushed-down type of publicity surrounding it. Nonetheless, we sure hope this will turn out even better than the lack of initial news & info. Like the total opposite of MOTS.. well, we know what happened.:mellow:

In the meantime, MA$TER latest trailer is out! Totally rising the anticipation even more, with the captures and upcoming press event next week. It's actually really fast how everything about this project came together and about to be released in less than a year. Phew!

Thanks to the fan-highlight at PlanetBH0712

Published on November 11, 2016 by Lee Min Sung

MA$TER Main Trailer

• Like 4