Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

‘Inside Men’ premieres in Hong Kong

Blockbuster Korean film “Inside Men” is set to open in theaters on April 21 in Hong Kong, the local distributor confirmed Friday.

Actor Lee Byung-hun, who showed off his remarkable acting in the film, attended a promotional event held Wednesday in the country.

Lee won the award for best actor at the 10th Asian Film Award held a short ferry away in Macau the day before for his lead role in the movie.

In the film, Lee plays the role of a political henchman named Ahn Sang-gu. He starred alongside Jo Seung-woo and Baek Yoon-sik.

The film, which was released here in November, gained much popularity, surpassing 7 million admissions at local box offices despite its R-rating.

Source

Congratulations to Lee Byung-Hun for winning Best Actor...  I am so happy for him..   91798d1282131532-showcase-your-bookshelf

Thank you everyone, for updates, photos, articles..  @rubie@Hanako712, @letzparty,

• Like 4

March 18, 2016

Lee Byung Hun is Best Actor at 10th AFA

by Jonathan M. Hicap Manila Bulletin

Lee Byung Hun holds his Best Actor trophy at the 10th Asian Film Awards (Photo courtesy of news.kbs.co.kr)
Lee Byung Hun holds his Best Actor trophy at the 10th Asian Film Awards (Photo courtesy of news.kbs.co.kr)

Korean actor Lee Byung Hun took home the Best Actor award at the 10th Asian Film Awards (AFA) held in Macau on Mar 17.

The star bagged the trophy for the film “Inside Men.”

The film was released last November, selling 7 million tickets and grossing $48.71 million (P2.25 billion) at the Korean box office.

Lee won the award over Donnie Yen of Hong Kong, Nagase Masatoshi of Japan, Feng Xiaogang of China, and John Arcilla of the Philippines who was nominated for “Heneral Luna.”

The Korean film “The Throne” won the Best Costume Design while Yoo Ah In, the star of the hit movies “Veteran” and “The Throne,” was given the Next Generation Award.

“The Assassin,” a Hong Kong-China-Taiwan film, swept the awards winning Best Film, Best Actress for Shu Qi and Best Director for Hou Hsiao-hsien.

K-pop group APink performed at the ceremony.

Lee’s next project is the film “Single Rider” with Gong Hyo Jin and Sohee of the Wonder Girls.

• Like 2

March 18, 2016

Actor Lee Byung-hun wins best actor at Asian Film Awards

Actor Lee Byung-hun won the award for best actor for his performance in “Inside Men” at the 10th Asian Film Awards on Wednesday. 

Lee, who starred as mobster Ahn Sang-goo in the box office hit political thriller, received the prize at the ceremony on March 17 at the Venetian Theater in Macau.

“Inside Men,” which opened to much acclaim in local theaters last November and sold over 9 million tickets, is slated for release in Hong Kong on April 21, according to reports.

20160318001402_0.jpg
Actor Lee Byung-hun poses with Taiwanese actress Shu Qi after the 10th Asian Film Awards Ceremony in Macau on Wednesday. (AP-Yonhap)

Actor Yoo Ah-in received the Next Generation Award for his role in “The Throne.” The award for best costume designer went to Sim Hyeon-seop and Lee Ji-yeon, who also worked on the Korean period flick.

Actress Clara Lee, who hosted the ceremony alongside Macanese singer Soler, received the award for Rising Star.

While actress Kim Hye-soo (“Coin Locker Girl”) was nominated for best actress, the award went to Taiwanese actress Shu Qi for her role in “The Assassin.”

Taiwanese martial arts film “The Assassin” won big at the awards, additionally nabbing the prizes for best film, best production designer and best cinematographer. The film‘s director Hou Hsiao-Hsien received the award for best director.

The Asian Film Awards, founded in 2007, are presented annually by the Hong Kong International Film Festival Society to recognize leading film professionals in Asia.

By Rumy Doo (doo@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 3

March 18, 2016

Lee Byung Hun and Gong Hyo Jin to star in upcoming thriller

by Mysujung Dramafever.com

7fea98b6-59bf-45c0-83a8-3f1128f3368e.jpg

Get ready to go down under with Lee Byung Hun and Gong Hyo Jin! A new thriller film, tentatively titled Single Rider, will begin filming on March 21 and is due to come out sometime this year.

The movie will feature Lee Byung Hun and Gong Hyo Jin as the main leads and will take place in Australia. While the details of the plot still remain a mystery, Lee Byung Hun's character is a man who has lost everything and Gong Hyo Jin will play his wife. 

Along with Lee Byung Hun and Gong Hyo Jin, former Wonder Girls member Sohee will also play a key role in the film. 

Keep your eyes peeled for this film! A movie with Lee Byung Hun and Gong Hyo Jin together can't be anything but worth the wait!!! 

Source: (Via

• Like 3

LBH thanks Lee Min Jung and newborn son for Best Male Actor Award at Asian Film Awards

Source:allkpop

Actor Lee Byung Hun has achieved yet another feat in his career by receiving the 'Best Male Actor Award' for his role in the film 'Inside Men' at the 2016 Asian Film Awards!

Lee Byung Hun impressively beat out various Chinese and Hong Kong actors for this year's Best Male Actor Award, becoming one of 4 representatives from Korea to receive awards this year. 

After the ceremonies, Lee Byung Hun commented, "I wanted to visit Macao for a chance to congratulate all of the fantastic films, actors, and staff. But to be awarded in the midst of Asia's best is such a great honor. I had a very hard time filming 'Inside Men'. I give the honor for this award to the staff of 'Inside Men' who refused to turn away from hardships. I also thank director Woo Min Ho and all of the actors from the film." 

The actor also added with tears in his eyes, "Lastly, I'd like to tell my wife (Lee Min Jungand my newborn son that I love them and am always thankful for them." 

• Like 3

@letzparty That Best Actor Best Actress photo is simply fabulous, love the happy smile from both! A very good pic indeed!

@irilight Totally agree that it's nice that (now) Dramafever and Dramabeans are highlighting the new movie plus the magazine pictorial. Although there's no mention about him winning the AFA award but we know how things work, especially after everything that he is recovering from. It's slow but definitely getting a whole lot better.

Looks like LBH doesn't get to spend more time at home, he's now off to Australia for 'Single Rider' filming. All the best!

March 19, 2016

Incheon sighting: Lee Byung Hun leaving for Australia

Source: STARNEWS / TVDaily

티브이데일리 포토

• Like 3

March 18, 2016

Korean Actor Wins Best Actor Award at the 10th Asian Film Awards (AFA)

By Daniel Lee News Everyday

[포토] 이병헌, 제10회 아시안 필름 어워즈 남우주연상 기사의 사진

One of the most well known Korean actor Lee Byung Hun, 45 years old, has won the Best Actor award at the 10th Asian Film Awards (AFA) held in Macau on Mar 17.

The award was for the performance of his movie "Inside Men." He starred as mobster Ahn Sang-goo in the box office hit political thriller.

The film was released last year November. It sold 9 million tickets and grossing $48.71 million at the Korean box office. It became the second most-watched R-rated movie of all time in Korea.

Lee won the award against Donnie Yen of Hong Kong, Nagase Masatoshi of Japan, Feng Xiaogang of China, and John Arcilla of the Philippines who was nominated for "Heneral Luna."

"Inside Men" will open in Hong Kong on April 21, according to its local distributor.

Lee made his debut in the television drama Asphalt My Hometown after auditioning in a KBS talent audition in 1991. Lee married Korean popular actress Lee Min-jung in 2013.

• Like 3

March 18, 2016

Painterly 'The Assassin' Tops Winners at Asian Film Awards

By ANGELA CHEN, ASSOCIATED PRESS MACAU 

Hou Hsiao-hsien's painterly martial arts masterpiece "The Assassin" claimed eight wins at the Asian Film Awards, including best film and best director.

The cinematic historical drama was also honored for cinematography and its lead and supporting actresses at the ceremony Thursday night in Macau.

Best-actress winner Shu Qi jokingly thanked the "Band-Aids and medicine" that accompanied her during filming, referring to the rigorous training to prepare for the role.

Taiwanese director Hou did not attend but the film's cinematographer Mark Lee collected the awards on the director's behalf. He thanked the jury, the cast and crew and Hou's supporters in the region.

"The Assassin," a gorgeously filmed story of a female killer faced with an impossible choice between love and duty, was named best film at Taiwan's Golden Horse Awards and the veteran Hou won best director at the Cannes Film Festival last year.

Chinese actress Zhou Yun of "The Assassin" was named best-supporting actress, while the best-supporting actor honor went to Japan's Tadanobu Asano for "Journey to the Shore."

Lee Byung hun won best actor for his role in the political thriller "Inside Men." Accepting the award, Lee thanked the director and his co-star, but saved the most important people until last: "I would like to thank my wife and son at home for all the love and support through good times and bad," the South Korean actor said.

In addition to his work in Asia, Lee has enjoyed success in Hollywood, having appeared in "G.I Joe: Retaliation" and "Terminator Genisys."

Lee was invited to last month's Oscars as the only Asian presenter.

After criticism over the lack of ethnic diversity among the nominees, the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences added three new governors to its 51-member board and appointed six minority members to other leadership positions. The academy also apologized to Asians for a racially insensitive skit during the ceremony.

Lee said he wasn't aware of the controversy surrounding host Chris Rock's joke, but he said Hollywood needs to generally broaden its definition of diversity.

"It's for all of us actually. For Asians, for Hispanics, for blacks. I think more roles should come to every kind of race," he said.

In its 10th year, the Asian Film Awards celebrate the best talents in Asian cinema. Hong Kong director Johnnie To was the jury president, with actors Sean Lau Chin-wan and Gao Yuanyuan among the film industry figures also on the panel.

• Like 3

News bites: March 19, 2016
by awcoconuts | Dramabeans.com

There were rumors for a hot second that Lee Byung-heon and Ha Ji-won were being courted for a John Woo film starring Fukuyama Masaharu, but Variety has the update that Zhang Hanyu and Stephy Qi Wei have landed those roles instead. Fukuyama is a detective chasing Zhang, a framed fugitive. A remake of a 1976 Japanese film called Hot Pursuit (itself based on a Japanese novel), the movie will be called Manhunt and will be partially backed by funds from SM Entertainment. [TV Report, Variety]

bites_hajiwon1.jpg

• Like 1

20160321_40thhkiff.jpg

Source: HKIFF.org

Inside Men 
South Korea 2015 130 mins Korean DCP Color
Director:  Woo Min-ho
Cast: Lee Byung-hun, Jo Seung-woo, Baek Yun-shik

40199-01-73b3.jpg

Slick, stylish and with its cross-hairs unflinchingly trained at the corrupt politicians in control of the country, Inside Men is an angry, aggressive thriller, but one with a genuine sense of fun too. Lee Byung-hun returns to the limelight as a charismatic gangster who tries his hand at politics, only to uncover a corrupt underworld even more criminal than the streets. Showy direction, taut writing and a string of engaging performances make Inside Men a real treat.

• Like 3

LEE Byung-hun Snags Best Actor at Asian Film Awards -

THE THRONE Takes AFA for Best Costume Design

KDQKAYoueyyQPnejiDij.png

• The 10th edition of the Asian Film Awards took place at The Venetian in Macau on Thursday, March 17th. While HOU Hsiao-hsien’s The Assassin was the big winner of the night with eight awards, including nods for Best Film, Best Director and Best Actress (SHU Qi), a pair of Korean nominees didn’t leave empty-handed, as Inside Men and The Throne were recognized for Best Actor and Best Costume Design, respectively.

Beating out nominees such as Donnie YEN (Ip Man 3) and FENG Xiaogang (Mr. Six), LEE Byung-hunearned the Best Actor award for his part in WOO Min-ho’s hit thriller Inside Men. The Throne earned the Best Costume Design prize for LEE Ji-yeon and SHIM Hyun-seop, and was the only film to beatThe Assassin during the show.

Going into the night, the major Korean nominee was RYOO Seung-wan’s Veteran, which was nominated for Best Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay and Best Editing, but as expected, HOU’s martial arts arthouse hit left little room for other nominees. Yet the Korean presence was significant at the AFAs this year, as each category featured at least one nominee.

The evening was also hosted by Korean singer and actress Clara, while entertainment was provided by K-pop supergroup A-Pink which performed two of its hit songs. 
  •  

- See more at: http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/news/news.jsp?mode=VIEW&seq=3801#sthash.ew9GDFLR.dpuf

• Like 3

March 21, 2016

Behind cuts of Lee Byung Hun & Al Pacino from 'Misconduct' revealed

Source: STARN News

Behind cuts of Lee Byung Heon from 'Misconduct' have been released.

On March 20th, the production team of movie 'Misconduct' released behind cuts of Lee Byung Heon and Al Pacino.

Lee Byung Heon played in 'Misconduct' as 'Hitman,' who traces the truth hidden behind a mysterious case, and Al Pacino played as the CEO of a prominent law firm who commences a war for revenge, and the two are showing fabulous look together in the photos.

Lee Byung Heon had mentioned Al Pacino as one of the actors who he admires the most during an interview, and he also talked about the first filming that he had with Al Pacino.

Lee Byung Heon told that he felt huge pressure and nervousness before his first shoot with Al Pacino. Lee Byung Heon said, "I memorized all of my lines perfectly, but forgot everything when I stood in front of the camera. I had to stop the filming in the middle, and Al Pacino came up to me to say, 'It's ok. Just keep going, and do it again.'"

Lee Byung Heon also said, "It was an amazing experience to work with Al Pacino. He was one of the reasons why I decided to participate in the film."

Meanwhile, 'Misconduct' will be officially released on March 30th, and world movie fans are showing huge anticipation for Lee Byung Heon's first collaboration with Al Pacino.

Behind cuts of Lee Byung Heon & Al Pacino from 'Misconduct' revealed

/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

• Like 3

Our thanks to the highlight by @yumenas at SingleRider movie thread

Source: mi3so
‪#‎SingleRider‬ ‪#‎LeeByungHun‬ ‪#‎Filming‬ ‪#‎Sydney‬ ‪#‎Australia‬ ‪#‎AhnSoHee‬ ‪#‎이병헌‬

Any fans and friends in Sydney, Australia?

• Like 4