Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Lee Byung-heon debuts as jewelry designer in Japan The Japanese sports daily Sports Nippon reported on Sept. 30 that Lee--the first male promotion model/designer of the brand--will design necklaces for both men and women featuring a cross and his lucky number “7.
for women necklace_1.jpg for men necklace_2.jpg

Guest chibikko
awwwww rubes. i'm kinda speechless now :lol: - and feeling toxic haha. thanks for sharing the news chibikko and welcome to the thread. welcome to the forest too knyczxsh! no news of LBH's next project yet - we're all hoping for a drama. as of now, he's busy with his endorsement with Japanese jeweler Samantha Thavasa (pandas, did i finally get the name right? haha) :) anyway, maja ella if you're reading this - i registered your ID, per Cha's request. the verification email should've been sent to your yahoo ID (your YM ID). i hope you got my offline msg today.
thanks for the welcome ^_^ I'm kind of a late bloomer to become a fan of LBH's. But I must say he was great in 'A Bittersweet Life' I fell in love with him after that movie and I cant wait to see more of his works and to fall more in love with him. I was watching the Hallyu summit thing in Japan in which he attended and he has a really big Japanese fanbase. :)

Guest jisung

hi panda hunnies! still feeling strange and disoriented, but trying to find my way back into the forest! :P still on a high after watching bittersweet life last night! there a thread for it now up, please? :blink:

Guest jenesepas

hi all, Wah, I still cant believe over 2000 pages of everything LBH are gone :( Hope we can still rebuild from scratch. This time I wont have to read back pages anymore :)

for women necklace_1.jpg for men necklace_2.jpg
look at those BLING :blink: i want. i want ... the designer :lol:
thanks for the welcome ^_^ I'm kind of a late bloomer to become a fan of LBH's. But I must say he was great in 'A Bittersweet Life' I fell in love with him after that movie and I cant wait to see more of his works and to fall more in love with him. I was watching the Hallyu summit thing in Japan in which he attended and he has a really big Japanese fanbase.
you're welcome chibikko! (wait, so you're urbandecay? i used to DL from your CB back then! oohh didn't know you uploaded the summit, will download that tomorrow!) glad you enjoyed BSL. and if you're going to see his previous works - i highly recommend JSA for movies and Beautiful Days and All In for dramas. warning: you might fall deeper in love with him after watching the dramas :wub:
hi panda hunnies! still feeling strange and disoriented, but trying to find my way back into the forest! :P still on a high after watching bittersweet life last night! there a thread for it now up, please? :blink:
jisung dear, there's a BSL thread - buried at the last pages of the forum i think ;)
hi all, Wah, I still cant believe over 2000 pages of everything LBH are gone :( Hope we can still rebuild from scratch. This time I wont have to read back pages anymore :)
hello jenesepas. i'm clueless. which panda are you? :P i see gigi and jolee *waves* i have to go now - it's been a long day and one crazy night. must sleep. or else i'll be toxic at work haha.

Related captures from various sites & fan-sharing at EverythingLBH
Check out more photos compiled at our Gallery

February 26, 2004

KNTO Love Korea Event Launch
Reporter: Cho, JaeWon l starjiwoo.com & senses-soompi.com for article highlight

Lee Byung-Hun, Choi Jiwoo and Kim Hee-seon are recently appointed as the cultural embassadors representing the images of Korea to the world.

The Ministry of Culture and Tourisim newly appointed those three big stars throughout the continental of Asia for the embassadors that will promote the Korean cultures. Their images will be used to reflect the images of Korea. Also, the fact that each person gets his/her own zones assigned to behalf of is a special change for this year.

Lee, Byung-hun is already a well-recognized actor in South Eastern part of Asia by "the Beautiful days" and "All-In". For that reason, he was appointed for that zone.

Choi, Jiwoo is another big-shot representing the images of Korea in Japan. Her fame reached at its maximum already by "the Winter Serenade" and the popularity in Japan is untouchable. Also, Kim, Hee-Seon is assigned for the China for her embassador role.

It is true that there some cases that a celebrity works for the images of any given companies or some ministries in the government. However, this time is a bit different. This is an official govermentl appointment and they receive all the benefits and hospitality as they are real government officers. Also, a country have to provide the same level of hospitality to them as they make a visit to their assigned country.

On March 5th, there will be a ceremony fro an official appointment for three people hosted by Minister of Culture and Tourism, Mr. Lee, Chang-Dong in Hilton hotel in Seoul. There will be some special events scheduled by other celebrities and Designer Andrew Kim.

March 4, 2004

Celebrities who shine in Asia get together in one place

Translation: CindyW88-soompi.com

"Korean Wave" stars will attend "Korean Wave 2004" at 5:00p.m. in Hilton Hotel on 3/5. The event is sponsored by Korea National Tourism Organization and Ministry of Culture & Tourism of Republic of Korea.

Korean stars Lee Byung Hun, Won Bin, Choi Ji Woo, Cha In Pyo, Jang Suh Hee, Chae Rim, Kim Rae Won as well as singers/music groups Shinhwa, Kangta, Moon Hee Joon, NRG, and Baby Vox will attend the event. "Plaque of Appreciation" will be presented to these stars. Due to individual schedule, Kim Hee Sun and Jang Dong Gun are unable to attend the event but they send in congratulation messages to the event.

News media including AFP/Reuter, CBS, TV Asahi, Kyoto Communication (Japan), Xinhua News, Beijing TV (China), Mingsheng News, TGNS (Taiwan), U Channel (Singapore), Sin Chew Daily News (Malaysia), CH5 (Thailand), Oriental Daily News (Hong Kong), and 50-100 news reporters will participated in the event. 

Won Bin, Lee Byung Hun and Shinhwa will have individual press conference held separately afterwards. Andre Kim's Fashion Show will be held at the same time.

March 5, 2004

Photos from the Korean Wave 2004 Launch Event

43f27201.jpg

20040305_10.jpg

kw1.jpg kw2.jpg kw3.jpg kw5.jpg kw6.jpg 

kw7.jpg kw8.jpg kw9.jpg kw10.jpg

Korean Wave 2004 press conference

Source: chinese.tour2korea.com, translated by Shirley

Lee Byung Hun walked into the conference venue wearing a pair of sunglasses, and removed it once he was seated.

ent0308_hyun.jpg

Q Recently you went to Japan to meet your fans, what are your feelings on that trip ?

That was my third trip to Japan, but I was still surprised to see so many media reporters and fans at the airport. The feeling is very special..t hrilled and glad but at the same time.. felt a strong sense of responsibility.

Q What do you think is the reason for the popularity of Korean dramas ?

In Japan, one company has conducted a survey with Japanese females as the focus. I felt it has some valid points. Korena dramas though might seem a bit traditional.. but as most focus on family as the background for the plotline.. this strikes a sympathetic cord especially among the group in the older age range. Perhaps it is an expression (display) of their longing for hometown and family. 

Q Are there any plans to expand your popularity in the Chinese community ? 

Actually, my work is mainly focused within Korea, there was no specific plans for fans from any particular country or area. In future, this will also continue to be so. If there are opportunities to work outside of Korea, this just shown that the range of my choices has widened. 

Q Is there any request to the fans from China? 

I don't know how to say this.. but though most of the DVD are pirated (laughs) .. and nothing can be done about it. Hope that everyone will watch and support more of my work. 

Q It's been reported that you will be in the Korea, Japan, Hong Kong collaboration project "Three Monster " with no fees attached, can you tell us the reason for this decision?

This omnibus movie is a joint investment by the three countries and will comprises of three short film features , directed separately by three directors. Among them, Director Park is one of my favourite directors. Apart from this, Hollywood also has project with similar working style getting a group of friends together to film a movie together.. just like a family.. I will also like to experience that feeling.. and moreover, it is a short film and hence the shooting schedule will not be too much of a burden for me. 

Q From your dramas, you give the feeling of being a extremely matured, calm person , what is your personality in reality ? 

Ever since my debut, this has been the most frequently asked but also one of the most difficult questions. In some work, I might appeared more matured but in others .. I appeared as more sloven? Or even naughty, or playful.. I felt that there are some traces of my real personality in those characters. 

ent0308_hyun_1.jpg

Captures wireimage.com l bhfantasyland

kw20.jpg kw21.jpg kw22.jpg kw23.jpg kw24.jpg

kw25.jpg kw26.jpg kw27.jpg kw28.jpg

kw28.jpg kw29.jpg kw30.jpg kw31.jpg kw32.jpg

kw11.jpg kw12.jpg kw13.jpg kw14.jpg kw15.jpg

kw16.jpg kw17.jpg kw18.jpg kw19.jpg kw33.jpg kw4.jpg 

November 29, 2003

Lee Byung Hun selected as image ambassador for Korea 

Lee Byung Hun, Kim Hee Sun and Bae Yong Jun selected as Korea official image ambassadors.

In an attempt to lure Asian tourists to Korea, KNTO (Korea National Tourist Organisation) will be using "Korea storm" stars in their promotion clips as model to attract tourists to Korea. The cultural Minister Mr. Lim Chang Dong will also be participating in the promotion clip.

According to KNTO recent survey on the popularity of Korean stars in Asian countries, each of the three stars enjoy immense popularity in three respective regions, Lee Byung Hun in South East Asian countries, Kim Hee Seon in China and Bae Yong Jun in Japan and hence they will respectively be appearing in promotion clips that will target the countries where they enjoy their popularity 

Before the start of "2004 hanliiu tour", in Sept and Oct, KNTO had started survey with locals from Chinese speaking countries, relating to the prospective of Korea Storm and the results show that the major reasons going to Korea was to visit the Korea drama and films shooting locations. Hence, KNTO has decided to target their promotion strategy by fully utilizing the power of the actors/actresses.

This "Promote Korea" clip will have Korea Storm (hanliu) as it theme, and subdivided into three different chapters for Southeast Asia, China and Japan. And beginning next year January, these will be telecasted in the Asian countries, each chapter will has production costs of 300,000,000 Won, each will introduce the filming locations of popular K-dramas and movies in the tourist attraction over whole of Korea.

As in the previous promotion clip whereby ex President Kim Tae Jong was invited to be in the clip, President No Wu Hyan was also invited to make a special appearance, however due to the recent vote of confidence issues , this project has been delayed 

From 29th Dec onwards Lee Byung Hun will embark on a 20 days shooting trip to Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam and other countries. Though the performance fee is not even one tenth of Lee's normal costs, on the basis that he is doing a duty for his country LBH gladly accepted the invitation. (makes you wonder just how much the Korean stars' professional fee really is?)

The commercial will have the storyboard whereby it will be a scene taken from an action drama, similar to LBH's drama "All in". In the CF, there will also be a foreign actor who will be participating. The whole CF will be as thrilling as a spy movie. Minister Lee Chang Dong will act in the role of a director who will appear at the end of the CF and shout "CUT"

Source : http://www.kdocn.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=52005 (Chinese translation) 
Korean source Goodday 29 th Nov 2003

Credits to shirley, article translated at leebyunghun.com

December 2, 2003

Lee Byung Hun cast for the Asia - Oceania ad for KNTO
Source: KNTO website knto.or.kr 

Korea National Tourism Organization (President Keon Yoo) will be casting Hallyu stars (Lee Byeongheon, Jang Donggeon, Kim Huiseon, and Baby Vox) as the main models of next year's international tv advertisements. To be broadcast in Japan, China and Asia Oceania regions, these ads will be incorporating the hallyu factor with tourism to increase KNTO's image as a tourist country. 

In the past couple years, the presidents of Korea - Daejung Kim and Moo-hyun Roh - have appeared in the tourism ads for Korea, drawing a good response. But for the year 2004, in coordination with the hallyu marketing theme, KNTO has decided to cast the most popular hallyu celebrities. 

In the Japan edition, the most popular Korean celebrity in Japan will appear together with Japanese actress Yonekura Rhyko, the Korean Culture and Tourism Goodwill Ambassador. Together they will introduce Korea, a short trip across the sea. 

In the ad for China, we will be able to see Kim Huiseon, Jang Donggeon and Baby Vox. The the dragons of a mural in Seoan of China fall into the charms of Korea and come alive to cross the sea to Korea. 

Lee Byeong-heon, who appeared in "All In", has been cast for the Asia - Oceania ad. It will depict a hair-raising chase, only to find out it was part of the filming of a soap opera.

Guest jenesepas

hello jenesepas. i'm clueless. which panda are you? :P

hi chula :)

i havent been a very active panda, just secretly and silently read what you guys posted :P

oh, and i changed my nick too so you'll never know who i was ;)

Guest Mrs. Lee

6 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 3 Anonymous Users) 3 Members: Mrs. Lee, Jolee, rubie Waves to everyone! aiisshh, Rubie. ... *huggingrubietightly* ...i know we are all speechless about what happened to soompi...our beloved thread...2000 plus pages all gone now....the thread was your baby....you put a lot of effort in it! :( anyway, don't worry...we can do it! we will bring up the new thread again.....with everyone's help!...AJA AJA FIGHTING! Hey everyone! I am a bit lost on who's who now since some of the pandas change their USER ID (including moi! :lol: )....maybe once everyone re-registered already we can have a compilation of the Pandas with their old and new USER ID! :P

Hi chibikko & knyczxsh, Welcome to the brand new Everything Lee Byung Hun! Hi Jolee & jisung, welcome back! A real tight hug to all my hunnie sistahs... *despite the strange calmness, i really need one* Sorry for not writing much... yet ... still trying to figure out *myself* even as Liezle, Gigi, Ann & Chula had stated before that it's something that we've expected to happen, inevitably. But seriously, when it happens... felt so overwhelmingly strange and weird all of the sudden. I've yet to check my backup files... don't know... if I can do it so soon... So, please... let's just start the new forest with new BH stuff. Try not to post too many (& only) old pics for the sake of posting. Let's make good this time... heartfelt discussions and warm feelings all around. I'll refrain from too many off topics as well... especially those not related at all. Luckily... LBH is still not too busy these days... at least we can KEEP UP with him and each other, especially. For jisung... BSL thread started by chibikko. A Bittersweet Life http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=255

Guest chibikko

you're welcome chibikko! (wait, so you're urbandecay? i used to DL from your CB back then! oohh didn't know you uploaded the summit, will download that tomorrow!)

glad you enjoyed BSL. and if you're going to see his previous works - i highly recommend JSA for movies and Beautiful Days and All In for dramas. warning: you might fall deeper in love with him after watching the dramas :wub:

jisung dear, there's a BSL thread - buried at the last pages of the forum i think ;)

hello jenesepas. i'm clueless. which panda are you? :P

i see gigi and jolee *waves*

i have to go now - it's been a long day and one crazy night. must sleep. or else i'll be toxic at work haha.

Thanks for the recommendations. I heard JSA was good so I might go pick that up soon. The dramas I'll see where i could dl them. Yeah, I'm urbandecay..:lol: Yep, the summit is up in my cb. :D

Hi chibikko & knyczxsh, Welcome to the brand new Everything Lee Byung Hun!

Thanks for the welcome. I wanted to come in before soompi had the crash but I was cowardly :sweating:

Related captures from various sites & fan-sharing at EverythingLBH
Check out more photos compiled at our Gallery

February 26, 2004

Lee Byung Hun's popularity spreading to Japan
Source: k-plaza.com, thanks to leebyunghun.comShirley and Pao-LBH.SG

Korean megastar, has captured a lot of media attention for his trip to Japan.

On the 25th, a fan meeting cum premiere was hold in Japan, and gathered a total of nearly over 350 fans and numerous Japanese media and once again proved Lee Byung Hun's charm.

Once the news of this event was released, there were a total of over 3600 fans, who within one hour had purchased all the tickets available for the event.Bbased on the price of won 42,000 each, the fans reaction are certainly overwhelming.

Currently, Japanese TV station NHK is boardcasting Beautiful days, and LBH popularity has been on the increase, and during the meeting, the fans were screaming when they saw LBH. LBH removed his sunglasses to greet the fans and their loud cheer were even more alarming.. once again confirming his superstar popularity in Japan.

photo_byunghun_010.jpg

photo_byunghun_018.jpg

Guest Mrs. Lee

Hello chibikko & knyczxsh, Welcome to the new Everything Lee Byung Hun!

:D

Please do join us here at the new forest....everyone is friendly and helpful and we welcome any news on our HUN-nie......:D

Jenesepas! which panda are you???? aiissh! we really need to compile the Pandas old and new USER ID! :lol:

bd_mashimaro2.jpg A Trip Down Memory Lane

June 4, 2001

[Entertainment] Lee ByungHun in 'Beautiful Days'

Source: Naver // Our thanks to mistymorning for the translation 

Even with common (and overused) plot devices, the drama was successful, and most ofthe viewers picked Lee Byung Hun's attraction as the 1st reason of the success

LBH's popularity changed the love triangle into one with a particularly short edge and increased his lines, and to prevent giving him the death of his lover, the storyline was changed by rescuing the heroin from leukemia. 

The drama comment boards were filled with love letters from ajumma's sending love to LBH and on last week's ending party of Beautiful Days, fangirls gathered to see him. It looks like he's having the best time on 10th year since his debut.

But Mr Lee seems to be very tired, after completing this drama. "This was the most difficult project, among the dramas and movies that I did" giving the reason why this was difficult because it wasn't easy acting. "I got used to movie style of taking scene by scene carefully, so fast shooting dramas was very hard"

"My nickname is 'one more time'. I would like to take scene until I'm satisfied, but that's not possible in the broadcast drama, which is always short on time"

This maybe due to his perfectionist tendency, but his success in the movies - JSA: Joint Security Area and Bungee Jumping of Their Own - makes LBH pushing himself even harder. Mr. Lee commented that "It feels like I shot 12 movies during 4 months I did this drama " This shows his feeling of relief completing the 24-episode drama winning his own nerves, even being hospitalized the first time since his debut as an actor.

20010516_2.jpg 20010516_1.jpg
LBH 2001.05.16 (photo credit as stated)

Mr. Lee wanted to have some down time for a while. He doesn't want to show himself in a patient gown again. He realized truth of his seniors' advice, saying "To be a real actor, stamina is important."

He still have drama contract with broadcasting company and his popularity and acting skill seems to be in top form. He got more than 40 scenarios, but he'll pick next project carefully. "I think scenario is the most important in choosing project. I'm not reading it right now even if I have some time to do that. I'll start reading when I have enough time and ready to concentrate on it."

At one time, he was just an star actor with box office failure, but now he's known for box-office hits with acting skill. It seems that "Beautiful Days" is another of his jobs well done.

bd25.jpg

Guest chibikko

Hello chibikko & knyczxsh, Welcome to the new Everything Lee Byung Hun!

:D

Please do join us here at the new forest....everyone is friendly and helpful and we welcome any news on our HUN-nie......:D

Jenesepas! which panda are you???? aiissh! we really need to compile the Pandas old and new USER ID! :lol:

thanks for the welcome :D

So happy that the LBH thread is up. Hello hunnie pandas....nice that my comfort zone is back. For a while there I was wondering what happened to it.

Welcome to the hunny forest Chibikko and Knyczxsh to the thread. We hope you enjoy your stay. Our common denominator here, is our undying love and support for LBH.

Hi to all the hunnie pandas all over the globe. Let's have a group hug....

Related captures from various sites & fan-sharing at EverythingLBH and LBH-soompi.com

Related updates here / here / here / here // EverythingLBH.com thanks every fan-sharing ardently with our utmost gratitude

Any queries or feedback, please direct them to Admin@EverythingLBH.com or PM us at our Facebook or LBH soompi

March 1, 2001

[Star Date] 'Forever hero' Lee Byung Hun

Source: Naver l Translated by mistymorning-EverythingLBH l 2001.01.18 captures from newsbankimage, thanks to roger-bhjwlove.com & Hyc

th_20010118-2.jpg

Watching great actors and actresses on the top of success in movies, in TV drama may make viewers feel lucky.

But what would the actor or actress think?

Let's ask Lee Byung Hun who did a 2nd home run in box-office in Bungee Jumping of Their Own after JSA: Joint Security Area. He's returning to viewers in SBS mini series Wed/Thu drama 'Beautiful Days' (PD Lee Jang Soo, 9:55 PM), after long absence

"In my mind I would like to devote to movies, but it doesn't happen that way somehow. Personally, I prefer movies where I can show stable acting without being dogged by time"

Words that leaves some to think

Due to this drama, he wasn't able to attend the year's international movie festival (at Berlin) which would be once in a life time chance for actors.

It is regrettable especially because during filming of JSA, he said "if it goes to international film festival, I'll definitely attend. But because I joined drama after month and half after other actors/actresses, I can't break schedule any more"

I(reporter) got a sense during interview, that it'll be hard to see him in drama after the end of contract with broadcasting company.

th_20010118-1.jpg

In reality, he prefers movie than TV drama

"Up to date, I have appeared in relatively many dramas, but after 10 years I don't know how many viewers will remember me as the hero of the dramas. That's the way drama is. Movie is different. Regardless whether it's hit or not, it can be remembered by viewer's mind for 10 or for life."

His yearning for movie from childhood now directs him in life, after 10 years' of acting. Some could feel nervous after successes in movies, but he sounds carefree.

"I'm not too worried about box-office or viewership rate. I need to do this for whole my life, so worrying about hit for every project wouldn't be healthy."

In "Beautiful Days" LBH's Minchul is different from his usual caring image. The character is described as an elite, who, after his father (who's also from shady background), manages the biggest recording company, as a cold persona with strong charisma.

On Yunsoo (Choi Ji Woo), he forms conflict with his half brother Sunjae (played by Ryu Si Won)

He had hard time figuring out Minchul's character

"He made my head hurt. He gets angry when he should laugh, but laughs when he should be angry. To understand the character of Minchul, I consulted to PD so many times to the point that PD was annoyed."

He said "If an actor cannot clarify his character, he can only do half of the job "

"I may be carefree usually, but when I m working I want it to be perfect"

PD Lee Jang Soo commented on LBH that "Lee Byung Hun was a young idol in the past, but now he becomes an "Actor" in his 30s, who can give faith & confidence to directors and viewers alike."

th_20010118-4.jpg th_20010118-7.jpg th_20010118-5.jpg

th_20010118-3.jpgth_20010118-6.jpg