Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

August 13, 2018

“Mr. Sunshine” Tops Most Buzzworthy Dramas List For 2nd Consecutive Week

Source: Soompi by jeeelim5

âMr. Sunshineâ Tops Most Buzzworthy Dramas List For 2nd Consecutive Week

“Mr. Sunshine” is maintaining its strong showing as the Most Buzzworthy Drama of the week!

On August 13, the Most Buzzworthy lists for dramas and drama actors were released for the second week of August. Cable channel dramas continue to have strong showings on both charts, taking six out of ten spots on the drama list and nine out of ten spots on the actors list.

“Mr. Sunshine” and JTBC’s “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” maintained their top two spots for the second consecutive week and were followed by tvN’s “Wife I Know,” OCN’s “Voice 2,” and SBS’s “30 but 17” in third to fifth place respectively.

See the full list of dramas below:

1. tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine” (18.47 percent)
2. JTBC’s “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” (10.47 percent)
3. tvN’s “Wife I Know” (8.31 percent)
4. OCN’s “Voice 2” (8.2 percent)
5. SBS’s “30 but 17” (7.58 percent)
6. JTBC’s “Life” (6.39 percent)
7. KBS2’s “Are You Human, Too?” (5.46 percent)
8. MBC’s “Time” (4.61 percent)
9. tvN’s “Let’s Eat 3” (4.38 percent)
10. SBS’s “Your Honor” (3.97 percent)

The cast of “Mr. Sunshine” continues to shine on the list of Most Buzzworthy actors, taking up half of the list.

Check out the full list of actors below:

1. Kim Tae Ri (tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”)
2. Lee Byung Hun (tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”)
3. Yoo Yeon Seok (tvn’s “Mr. Sunshine”)

4. Im Soo Hyang (JTBC’s “My ID is Gangnam Beauty”)
5. Cha Eun Woo (JTBC’s “My ID is Gangnam Beauty”)
6. Shin Hye Sun (SBS’s “30 but 17”)
7. Lee Jin Wook (OCN’s “Voice 2”)
8. Han Ji Min (tvN’s “Wife I Know”)
9. Byun Yo Han (tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”)
10. Kim Min Jung (tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”)

Good Data Corporation releases weekly lists for Most Buzzworthy dramas and actors by collecting data from online articles, blogs, community posts, social media, and videos. Their latest lists took data from August 6 to August 12 on 26 dramas that are currently airing or are set to air soon.

Source (1)

• Like 4

August 13, 2018

Korean Stars Take on Hollywood

4 Successful Transitions, 4 Incoming Hopefuls

by Pierce Conran KoBiz

As Korea’s film industry has seen its global recognition steadily increase over the past two decades, we’ve seen directors go overseas, a slew of foreign versions of Korean stories, and, increasingly, Korean performers breaking out overseas. Many have gotten the call from Hollywood, and while not all have had the impact they may have hoped for, several Korean names have managed to establish themselves in Tinseltown. Below, KoBiz lists the biggest Korean acting exports to Los Angeles, as well as some recent and future hopefuls.

LEE Byung-hun

CUnDojXIPZVzmpdUlVOi.jpg

Undoubtedly, the most successful Korean actor to break into Hollywood has been superstar LEE Byung-hun. After leading such Korean classics as PARK Chan-wook’s Joint Security Area /JSA (2000) and KIM Jee-woon’s A Bittersweet Life (2005), LEE made his Hollywood debut in 2009, when he appeared as Storm Shadow in the action tentpole G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. 

Four years later he reprised the role for the sequel G.I. Joe: Retaliation, the same year that he played a hitman in the star-driven action-thriller RED 2. He then took on the role of the antagonist in Terminator Genisys in 2015 and a year after that appeared in both the thriller Misconduct and Antoine Fuqua’s western remake The Magnificent Seven.

BAE Doo-na

Not far behind LEE is Korean star BAE Doo-na, who rose to fame through roles in PARK Chan-wook’s Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2002) and BONG Joon-ho’s The Host (2006). BAE kicked off her international acting career in the Japanese youth drama Linda Linda Linda (2005), followed by KOREEDA Kirokazu’s Air Doll in 2009.

The call from Hollywood came in 2012, when she played the clone Sonmi-451, in addition to several other parts, in the Wachowskis’ adaptation of David Mitchell’s sprawling sci-fi opus Cloud Atlas. She continued working with the Wachowskis, first in their space opera Jupiter Ascending and then their high-concept sci-fi action series Sense8. She featured as one of the main characters of the hit Netflix show, playing fan favorite Sun, which recently capped off its run with a 2-hour finale special that followed its two seasons.

JUNG Ji-hoon

Globally famous pop star JUNG Ji-hoon (aka Rain) made his film debut in PARK Chan-wook’s I'm a Cyborg, but That's OK (2006), which he quickly followed up when he took on his first American role in the Wachoswki’s action tentpole Speed Racer in 2008 in which he played Racer Taejo Togokahn. 

He next took on the lead role in the 2009 martial arts neo-noir Ninja Assassin, which was produced by Joel Silver and the Wachowskis, who cast him after being impressed with his work on the previous year’s Speed Racer. Most recently, JUNG Ji-hoon appeared in the gangster thriller The Prince with Bruce Willis and John Cusack in 2014.

KIM Yun-jin

The most enduring Korean name in the Hollywood sphere has surely been KIM Yun-jin, who, after becoming one of the most celebrated actresses of her generation in Korea, featuring in films such as Swiri (1999), landed a role as one of the main cast members in the smash hit ABC TV series Lost which aired for six seasons from 2004 until 2010. KIM played the popular character Sun-hwa on the show.

KIM returned to the ABC fold when she featured as one of the leads of the affair drama Mistresses, a remake of the British series of the same name, which ran for four seasons from 2013 to 2016.

GANG Dong-won

One of Korea’s most recognizable faces, star of hits such as The Priests (2015), A Violent Prosecutor (2016), Master (2016) and the recent KIM Jee-woon sci-fi action noir ILLANG : THE WOLF BRIGADE, GANG Dong-won is set to make his long-awaited Hollywood debut in the upcoming disaster action drama Tsunami LA.

GANG joined the production of the film, from Con Air director Simon West, in April of this year. The disaster film has already secured a Korean distributor, as J&C Media Group has announced they will release the film in Korea in 2019, at the same time as it hits theaters in the United States.

Claudia KIM

When the Marvel franchise moved to Korea to shoot scenes for The Avengers: Age of Ultron, a call went out for a supporting part to be played by a local actress. Following auditions, it was Korean TV actress Claudia KIM (aka KIM Soo-hyun) who was the lucky young performer to secure the role.

KIM followed that up with a part on the big-budget Netflix series Marco Polo, in which she appeared both before the release of the Marvel blockbuster in 2014, and then after, for its second season in 2016. She then appeared alongside Matthew McConaughey in the Stephen King fantasy action adaptation The Dark Tower in 2017. KIM will next be seen in a supporting role in the fantasy sequel Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

LEE Joon-gi

Busan native LEE Joon-gi, a popular model, actor, and singer, started his acting career on the small screen before becoming a hitmaker on the silver screen with titles such as LEE Joon-ik’s King And The Clown (2005) and the Gwangju drama May 18 (2007).

LEE made the move to Hollywood last year when he received a co-starring role in the hit horror-action franchise Resident Evil. He appeared alongside Milla Jovovich in the sixth and final installment of the series titled Resident Evil: The Final Chapter in 2017.

CL

K-pop sensation CL, a member of the hit band 2NE1 and one of the visible Korean performers in the Los Angeles music scene, will soon add a new string to her bow, that of Hollywood star, when the action-thriller Mile 22 comes out later this year. 

Aside from a small role in the 2009 romantic comedy Girlfriends, CL (aka LEE Chae-rin) doesn’t really have any screen credits to her name, which makes Mile 22 not only her Hollywood debut but her first serious acting role.

From director Peter Berg, Mile 22 features Mark Wahlberg as a CIA covert agent who must retrieve a man with valuable information, played by Indonesian action star Iko Uwais, and transport him through 22 miles of hostile territory.

• Like 4

The Joseon Storm Shadow 

mrsun09_8.gif

user posted image 16/08/18 News compilation at EverythingLBH.com th_up1.gif

Lee Soon Jae: Treasured junior actors with best work attitude

Watch MR.SUNSHINE Behind-the-scene with a big smile!
    MR.SUNSHINE OST Part 3 'Days without Tears' by Kim Yuna released
    MR.SUNSHINE Ep. 6 achieves 11.7, highest viewership ratings yet
    Despite controversy, MR.SUNSHINE tops Most Buzzworthy Dramas
    Eugene: No matter where I go, I always end up drawing attention
    Sound by Lee Soo Hyun - MR.SUNSHINE MV & OST Part 4 released
    KCON LA 2018: THE FORTRESS at Hammer Museum on August 9
    Final episode of MR.SUNSHINE: Will it be a tragedy or a comedy?
    New movie featuring Lee Byung Hun and Ha Jung Woo?
    VFX special effects, filming sites & updates from MR.SUNSHINE
    Captain Eugene Choi GIFS, Artwork and Photos from MR.SUNSHINE
    August Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Announced
    MR.SUNSHINE OST Part 5 & MV - Good Day by MeloMance
    MR.SUNSHINE Ratings 1-10, CPI number 2 on weekly tv chart
    MR.SUNSHINE OST Part 6: My Home (EC's song) by Savina & Drones
    Key Players in MR.SUNSHINE: The Relationship Chart
    August 10: Happy 5th Wedding Anniversary Mr & Mrs Lee!
    MR.SUNSHINE OST Part 7 & MV: Becoming the Wind by Hyunsang Ha
    MR.SUNSHINE Ep11-12 Ratings, recap, captures and comments
    August 13-17: LBH on Tour 2018 for Japanese fans
    MR.SUNSHINE Tops Most Buzzworthy Dramas List for 2nd week
    KEYS TO THE HEART to be released in Japan on December 28
    KoBiz: Korean Stars Take on Hollywood, Successful VS Hopefuls
    MR.SUNSHINE OST Part 8 & MV: Stranger by Park Won
    MR.SUNSHINE behind-the-scenes for Fool-Moron-Loser

• Like 3

People could misunderstood that this is from MR.SUNSHINE but actually a capture from LBH ON TOUR 2018, right.. most likely at backstage before his performance. He's wearing a cruise liner Captain's uniform since the theme of the event is going on a cruise. However, I might be wrong since Aura Beauty mentioned the drama instead.

Photo: aurabeauty_01

20180813lbh12.jpg

• Like 4

Published on August 19, 2018 by Stone Music Entertainment

Source: iLyrics Buzz

O3ohn (오존) – Shine Your Star (Prod. by ZICO)

What got this fire burning
Lit up my heart so bright
Should’ve been a little careful from the start yeah

I smile in my heart when I see you
Gotta say it’s way too hard
To hide the truth

Can I call your name inside my dreams
When I close my eyes that’s when we’re free

Can I be your star
Be your light
Be your everything

Every night I’m falling
in a deeper longing for you

Can I be your star
Be your light
Shine your lonely night

I will guide your dark
and lonely night

I know that it’s impossible to
hold you close in my arms
be true

Tell you that you’re in my heart
you make me smile

But fate stands in between us
Our end and our beginning
Like frost in an endless storm
Beautiful but cold

Can I call your name outside my dreams
When I close my eyes that’s when we’re free

Can I be your star
Be your light
Be your everything

Every night I’m falling

Can I be your star
Be your light
Shine your lonely night

I will guide your dark
and lonely night

In a world without distortion
In a land that only shines
There, I could be myself, there we could begin without pain

Can I be your star
Be your light
Be your everything

Every night I’m falling

Can I be your star
Be your light
Shine your lonely night

I will guide your dark
and lonely night

In a world without distortion
In a land that only shines
There, I could be myself

mrsun12_09.gif

Spoiler

Album: Mr. Sunshine (미스터 션샤인) OST Part. 9 (tvN 주말드라마)
Lyrics: 사피라 K(Safira.K), 지코(ZICO)
Composition: 지코(ZICO), Poptime
Arrangement: Poptime, 정동환, 지코(ZICO)
Release date: 2018.08.19

ms227.jpg

• Like 2

WOW.. a rare, uplifting and positive review article on MR.SUNSHINE. yes.gif

August 21, 2018

Herald Review

‘Mr. Sunshine’ offers ray of hope with mesmerizing fantasy

Historical fiction with charming characters and flair captivate viewers

By Kim So-hyun The Korea Herald

People say there is no point asking the “what if” question in history. 

But maybe, there is, if the intention is to help heal wounds of the present and instill hope for the future through creative work.

“Mr. Sunshine,” a 24-episode TV drama series aired by cable channel tvN is a historical fiction that starts with the question “what if there were a ranking Korean-American at the US Legation in the Joseon period before Japan annexed Korea in 1910?”

20180821000577_0.jpg

“Mr. Sunshine,” a 24-episode TV drama series starring Lee Byung-hun 
Credit Netflix

Lee Byung-hun, one of the best known Korean actors in Hollywood, plays the Korean-American Marine Corps officer Eugene Choi, who falls in love with a noble woman and secret member of “righteous army” militias that sought to thwart looming Japanese invasion in the beginning of the 20th century. 

According to an article published by the Center for the Study of Intelligence under the US Central Intelligence Agency, US Minister Lucius Foote at the US Legation in Seoul requested a contingent of US Marines to guard and protect the legation property after witnessing a three-day failed coup d’etat in 1884 to unseat the royal family, followed by days of riots and mob violence in the city.

But the US never actually sent their Marines to Joseon.

Eugene Choi appears to be the product of wishful imagination inspired by US naval attache George Foulke, who spoke Korean, explored various parts of the country, and even understood the political intrigues between factions in Joseon’s court that were influenced by China and Japan at the time.

The producers of “Mr. Sunshine” also took note of the US expedition to Korea in 1871 that led to an armed conflict known as Shinmiyangyo, which roughly translates into “Western disturbance in the Shinmi year.” It was the first American military action in Korea and left five Korean forts destroyed and more than 350 Koreans dead on and around Ganghwa Island.

The first two episodes of the series are emotionally difficult to watch as they portray the brutality of some in the ruling yangban class, and how Joseon was a cruel place for those in the lowest ranks of the social hierarchy. 

Choi was the son of a nobi, a serf who was considered property. He ran away after his father was beaten to death at the orders of the yangban who owned them, and his mother killed herself.

Thanks to several people, including two nobi chasers -- an actual profession in the Joseon era -- who turned a blind eye to the 9-year-old boy, Choi was able to escape to the US. 

But the show’s key message is not about Joseon-era social hierarchy. 

Although history unfolded a dismal path for Joseon, “Mr. Sunshine,” as its title hints, is about how ordinary Koreans can help build a better society. It is a fantasy created to inspire viewers living today’s deep-rooted political and socioeconomic divisions.

As the show moves on to the following episodes, typical Korean-style, but original whiffs of humor disarm viewers. Touching stories of the characters, beautiful scenes and music quickly mesmerize viewers. 

All the recurring characters in “Mr. Sunshine,” save a few Japanese, Americans and a Russian, represent the people living the past and present of Korea. 

A boy who lost his hunter father during Shinmiyangyo, for example, grows into a member of the underground militia who trains yangban woman Ko Ae-shin as a sniper.

Ko, played by actress Kim Tae-ri, was a newborn when her “euibyeong (righteous army)” parents were killed by pro-Japan collaborator Lee Wan-ik.

Lee is a fictional recreation of a real person in history -- Ye Wan-yong, a pro-Japanese minister of Korea who signed the Japan Korea Annexation Treaty which placed Korea under Japanese rule in 1910. 

Like the 2016 tvN hit drama “Reply 1988,” “Mr. Sunshine” accentuates the different dialects spoken by the amiable recurring cast as part of efforts to underscore social harmony in a country where its two largest political parties fed on regional animosities. 

Despite criticism that the drama series can be historically misleading as it is way too imaginative, the fantasy of “Mr. Sunshine” deeply resonates with viewers thanks to its K-drama forte in attractive cast, synopsis full of life and artistic flair.

“Mr. Sunshine” airs Saturdays and Sundays on tvN. The 14th episode was broadcast last Sunday, marking a high viewer rate of 15.6 percent.

By Kim So-hyun (sophie@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 3

August 26, 2018

August Movie Star Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

Source: Soompi  by esspee

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed the brand reputation rankings for film actors for the month of August!

The institute analyzed 209,364,728 pieces of big data from July 24 to August 25 and analyzed consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars.

As a result, Ha Jung Woo came in first place with a brand reputation index of 10,557,972 and a 376.28 percent increase compared to June.

Spoiler

In second place was Joo Ji Hoon who scored a brand reputation index of 8,741,657 and saw an increase of 1,014.48 percent from his index in June.

Lee Sung Min came in third place with a total brand index of 7,795,459, which is 1,106.98 percent increase from June.

Goo Chang Hwan, the chief of the Korean Business Institue, stated, “As a result of the August 2018 movie star brand reputation rankings, film actor Ha Jung Woo recorded first place. After analyzing the movie star brand category big data and comparing it to the 120,450,353 pieces of big data from June, there was a 73.82 percent increase.”

He continued, “‘Along with the Gods,’ which achieved 10 million moviegoers, led the film brand consumption, and all the indexes related to brand reputation increased.”

The link analysis for Ha Jung Woo showed words like “amazing,” “surprising,” and “crazy” ranking high, while keywords ”Along with the Gods,” “Kim Yong Bae,” and “Cha Yeon Woo” were highly associated.

Check out the top 30 below!

1. Ha Jung Woo
2. Joo Ji Hoon
3. Lee Sung Min
4. Park Seo Joon
5. Park Bo Young
6. Gong Yoo
7. Soo Ae
8. Kim Tae Ri
9. Hwang Jung Min
10. Han Ji Min
11. Kwak Si Yang
12. Kim Hyun Soo
13. Park Hae Il
14. Lee Kwang Soo
15. Kim Hyang Gi
16. Song Ji Hyo
17. Kim Young Kwang
18. Ma Dong Seok
19. Kim Da Mi
20. Kim Dong Wook
21. Son Ye Jin
22. Jin Ki Joo
23. Lee Jin Wook
24. Kim Da Mi
25. Ra Mi Ran
26. Jo Jin Woong
27. Kim Tae Hoon
28. Lee Byung Hun
29. Kim Sang Ho
30. Hyun Bin

Source (1) (2)

• Like 1

75venezia2018.jpg

August 27, 2018

Lee Byung Hun finishes MR.SUNSHINE  filming

Actor to Attend 75th Venice International Film Festival 

Source: Star News / Jaeger-LeCoultre / Venezia2018 

As expected, Byunghun and Minjung have been spotted at Incheon International Airport as they leave for Venice. As Jaeger-LeCoultre PR Ambassador, Lee Byung Hun will be attending the 75th Venice International Film Festival. Jaeger-LeCoultre is one of the main sponsors for the annual film festival. It is expected that LBH and Benedict Cumberbatch (JLC Brand Ambassador) will attend the Red Carpet Opening on August 29.

Thanks to fan highlight on twitter, BHMJ clip courtesy gi.silver (watch clip here)

20180827.gif

Thanks to @mistymorning at MR.SUNSHINE thread for the news highlight. 

New article about end of shooting for Lee Byung-Hun, from http://news.nate.com/view/20180827n11966?mid=e1200&modit=&modit=1535334040

[Exclusive] 'Mr Sunshine' Lee Byung-Hun, completed shooting early morning today(27th)... wrapping up 1 year journey.

ê¸°ì¬ ì´ë¯¸ì§

[OSEN=Park Jinyoung reporter] tvN Sat-Sun drama 'Mr Sunshine' shooting ends for Lee Byung-Hun finally.

• Like 4