Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

@peonie Thank you so much Barbara for the wonderful translation, such a sweet festive surprise..  befitting the lovely Christmas celebration. It's really good to see and read various articles on BH in Ashfall & TMSN which reiterates the hardworking and talented actor he truly is. It's great to know how he really appreciates HJW as his co-star that their first collaboration totally exceeded any uncertainty.. it's as if they've been working together for so long. As well as his respect for JDY as an actress with strong presence is a welcomed revelation.

Frankly, BH need not worry about TMSN coming out soon, that his character there would be overlapping (overshadow?) his role in ASHFALL. He is an awesome actor and will carry both very well. It's actually double the treat for the fans and moviegoers to be able to enjoy not one but two very distinctive movies with two most remarkable performances from Lee Byung Hun.

sp2su1.gif 2019.12.24 ASHFALL at # 1 Korean Box Office with 3.2 million audience admission sp2su1.gif 

holidays.gif

bh1.gif

20191224.jpg

• Like 3

Source: Encore Films

In just 7 days, admissions for Ashfall has hit 4,000,000 in Korea!

Ashfall, the biggest Korean disaster blockbuster ever! Starring Lee Byung Hun, Ha Jung Woo, Ma Dong Seok a.k.a. Don Lee, Jeon Hye Jin, Bae Su Zy!

Fantastic reviews from those who have watched the film! “10/10 would recommend!” “Thrilling but also funny at the same time. A movie that will touch your heart as it makes you laugh. A movie full of emotions. Great acting too!” “Level of intensity is almost similar to Train to Busan!!!” Due to popular demand, Ashfall will now sneak on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day!

December 24, 2019

With their overwhelming and massive scale, Korean Movie 'Ashfall' continues to top the box office.

Source: Navertranslation by Story Kpop

0000608048_001_20191225093106680.jpg?type=w540

Netizen comments :

(+159,-15) Lee Byunghun, the devil's genius.. His acting is no joke.

(+89,-10) Cutie ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Cho Jiyoung ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

(+106,-43) Ashfall Ma Dongseok Suzy Bus scene is funny.ㅋㅋㅋ

(+139,-97) I saw Ashfall yesterday and it was so fun.

(+35,-17) I really enjoying Ashfall.

(+16,-3) Lee Byunghun is really good at acting.

• Like 3

2019.12.25 ASHFALL at # 1 Korean Box Office with 4.1 million audience dance.gifadmission  Source: KoBiz

20191225.jpg

December 26, 2019

“Ashfall” Surpasses 4 Million Moviegoers At The Box Office

Source: Soompi by C. Hong

“Ashfall” has surpassed 4 million moviegoers at the box office in an impressive amount of time!

“Ashfall” is a disaster film that tells the story of a group of people struggling to prevent a catastrophic eruption of a volcano on Mount Baekdu that threatens the survival of both North and South Korea. It stars Ha Jung Woo, Lee Byung Hun, Jeon Hye Jin, Suzy, and Ma Dong Seok.

The film has held the top spot at the box office for two consecutive weeks since its release. It achieved 1 million moviegoers on its third day, 2 million on its fourth day, and 3 million on its sixth day. On December 25, around 3:17 p.m. KST, it surpassed 4 million moviegoers, achieving the milestone within seven days of its release.

This is an impressive record, beating out the times it took for “Extreme Job” (8 days), “The Thieves” (8 days) “Veteran” (9 days), and “Ode to My Father” (12 days) to reach the same milestone.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Ashfall!”

Source (1)

• Like 3

December 26, 2019

An assessment of Lee Byung Hun's acting by a fan in LBH Weibo (a translation) 

EMrcAIDUUAAppIN?format=jpg&name=small

What makes “Ashfall” more interesting and fills the weight of the blockbuster is Lee Byung Hun’s acting skills. Through three-dimension acting, Lee is able to immerse the audience in an otherwise predictable flat drama.  He plays an important North Korean operative,  Lee Jun Pyeong who holds the key of the fate of North and South Korea.  He interpreted splendidly the role of a mental state of vigilance.

Lee Byung Hun’s emotions are sometimes restraint and sometimes explosive, providing persuasive insights to the gaps in the historical narrative of the character in the movie, bestowing upon this disaster movie the necessary tension and touch.  In the middle of the movie, Jeon Do Yeon made a guest appearance as his wife.  The “pas de deux” of Lee Byung Hun and Jeon Do Yeon gave a feeling of watching a movie in a movie.

Source:  https://www.weibo.com/u/6388714649?refer_flag=1008085010_&is_hot=1

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

dduck2.gif 2019.12.26 ASHFALL at # 1 Korean Box Office with 4.5 million audience admission (Source: KoBiz)

20191226.jpg

Source: @KDrama555

Finish watching #Ashfall #백두산 
I will rate 9/10
More than I expected 
#HaJungWoo & #LeeByungHun Chemistry is very funny 
Such a good couple 
An action movie with touch,laughter and cry

hc15.gif

• Like 2

Preview highlight by 쉼표 @rmflrhdhsmf

Watch the full TMSN interview on New Late Night E News (Ep 139) featuring Lee Byung Hun, Kwak Do Won and Lee Hee Jun with English subs HERE, starting at 43:00 time-mark. movie1.gif

December 27, 2019

THE MAN STANDING NEXT, the first Korean film to shoot at Place Vendôme in France

Source: My Daily // Wikipedia

tmsn_25.jpg

tmsn_21.jpg

• Like 3

December 29, 2019

Actor of Perfect Form - Lee Byung Hun

Comments from the film director and fellow actors on Lee Byung Hun  (A translation)

tmsn_21.jpg

Director Woo Min Ho:  “It is difficult to imagine the detailed intricacies of how actor Lee Byung Hun can continue to suppress and cover the feelings that overwhelmed an individual. “

Gwak Do Wan: “I wonder if it is the actor I dream of in my head?”

Lee Hee Joon:  “It is really what I cannot achieve; I had truly desire to learn how to do that so I have observed meticulously.   Even when I do not have to be in front of the camera, that spirit invigorats me through and through.”

Lee Sung Min:  “Is he not the the most amazing in the world? “

Source:  http://tieba.baidu.com/p/6408063448

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@peonie, thanks Barbara for the great gist to read. It's good to know that Lee Byung Hun continues to work with new actors and inspiring himself & others to do well in any project. TMSN is certainly a different kind of movie compared to ASHFALL.. in all seriousness, the movie will definitely showcase LBH's acting in a new level.

It's almost January 2020 but no release date have been set for TMSN. From the looks oi it, probably around the second half of the month. While we wait for the info, here's an update on twitter (thanks to @AlatusDeus) about the TMSN Live Chat on January 17 plus more images released today via Naver news.

tmsn_26.jpg

tmsn_27.jpg

tmsn_28.jpg

• Like 3

bh5mash.gif

December 31, 2019 congrats.gif

“Ashfall” Surpasses 6 Million Moviegoers With Impressive Speed

Source: Soompi by R. Jun

Shortly after reaching 5 million moviegoers on December 28, film “Ashfall” has already reached 6 million as of December 31, its 13th day in box office!

“Ashfall,” starring Ha Jung Woo, Lee Byung Hun, Jeon Hye Jin, Suzy, and Ma Dong Seok, is a disaster film about a group of people struggling to prevent the catastrophic eruption of a volcano on Mount Baekdu that threatens the survival of both North and South Korea.

The film has reached the milestone at a quicker pace than the 2014 film “Ode to My Father,” which made headlines at the time for surpassing 6 million moviegoers by its 16th day in box office.

In celebration, CJENM posted a video on Instagram & Twitter with movie clips of Ha Jung Woo and Lee Byung Hun. Ha Jung Woo says, “Already?” and Lee Byung Hun says, “You’re surprised, aren’t you? Me too.” :lol:

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Ashfall”!

Source (1)

• Like 2

January 1, 2020

0101_1.jpg

Today being a public holiday,  seven LBH fans decide to watch “Ashfall” together.  Having read so much reported on this movie, we all had great anticipation.

0101_5.jpg

Lee Byung Hun did not disappoint.  In fact, he was amazing and pretty much carried the entire movie.  His eyes and facial expressions conveyed so much without his actual deliveries of his lines.  The way he handled weapons was top notch like a professional solder when he fact he was only a spy that sold important information to the highest bidder.  Certain actors required the help of fancy costumes,   Lee just acted based on his acting skills without props.

0101_3.jpg

I loved the scenes between Lee Jun Pyeong and his wife (Jeon Do Yeon as Seon Hwa ) as well as with his daughter, Soon Ok.  For someone who acted so nonchalantly in the mission to try to stop the last eruption of Baekdusan, he expressed his multi-faceted acting of being a cold and warm person concurrently.  The scenes between Lee Byung Hun and Ha Jung Woo were dynamic and humourous. These added laughter to a very serious theme and a thrilling movie.    

0101_2.jpg

Ashfall’s computer graphics were excellent.  The scenes of buildings and bridges collapsing were truly realistic!   

0101_4.jpg

As a blockbuster movie, Ashfall delivered:  great acting, suspense and humourous and at times, heart breaking.  However, the plot could be more realistic.

Having translated an article about an interview when LBH was asked whether he was playing a hero, he answered was not complete.

Spoiler

Q. “As the movie is based on the theme of the volcanic eruption of

Baekdusan, will you be playing a hero?

A.  It is not the kind of hero that we perceive.  As the heroes are looking at the catastrophe on the Korean Peninsula and taking great risks to solve the problem, they can be called heroes.”

As far as I was concerned, He was indeed the ultimate hero of the movie, as demonstrated by his final decision to stop the eruption.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

@peonie, thank you Barbara for the wonderful sharing. So happy to know that friends and fans in Hong Kong celebrated the New Year with ASHFALL. I'm very sure that you and @luwali 196 have had a great time yesterday. :lol: What a fabulous way the start off a new decade with BH in a thrilling & exciting Korean blockbuster. hny2.gif

As ASHFALL is still going strong and going places.. we will have a double BH treat as THE MAN STANDING NEXT has a fixed release date and the promos are coming out steadily. Absolutely anticipating TMSN and anxiously hoping that the movie will be well-received by the audience. Undoubtedly it's one of the highly anticipated Korean movies considering the situation. 

January 2, 2020

THE MAN STANDING NEXT Confirms Release on January 22

Source: Naver News ++ (Google-gist)

poster_12.jpg

The movie 'The Man Standing Next' (also known as 'Chiefs Of Namsan)' will be released on Wednesday, January 22nd to meet the New Year's holiday moviegoers. In addition to the release announcement, a whisper poster has been released showing the people directly involved in the 1979 presidential assassination.

Shown on the poster, from the left, Kwak Sang Chun (Lee Hee Jun) whispering to Cheong Wa Dae's President Park (Lee Sung Min) who listens to this seriously giving out a unique aura. On the far right, Park Yong Gak (Kwak Do Won), the former chief information officer and whistleblower, is also telling Kim Kyu Pyeong (Lee Byung Hun) something who is deliberating between truth and falsehood, stares at the camera.

• Like 3
  • Love 1