Behind-the-scene HighCut Pictorial feat. Lee Byung Hun

Published on October 10, 2018 by makestar.co

APAN Star Awards 2018 Grand Prize Nominees

• Like 4

October 11, 2018

"Mr. Sunshine" Lee Byung-hun as Eugene Choi Behind-the-scenes

Source: Nate via Hancinema.net // Sports Chosun

photo1008082.jpg

Lee Byung-hun released a behind-the-scene cut of "Mr. Sunshine" that reflects its historical setting.

He posted a black-and-white picture of himself and David McInnis in period suits on Instagram on the 5th.

Lee Byung-hun's wife, Lee Min-jung, showed her support of the pictures on social media.

20181012mj.jpg

• Like 6

October 13, 2018

Winners Of The 2018 APAN Star Awards

Source: Soompi  by C. Hong

APAN ìê´ì ì¼êµ´ë¤

The 2018 APAN Star Awards were held at Kyunghee University on October 13. Kim Seung Woo was the emcee for the night’s ceremonies.

“Mr. Sunshine” was the biggest winner of the night after being awarded “Drama of the Year” and the Grand Prize (Lee Byung Hun). It also earned Kim Tae Ri a Best New Actress award.

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” took home three awards, including two for lead actor Jung Hae In, and “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim?” and “My Ahjussi” both got two awards apiece, including a Top Excellence Award for IU and Park Seo Joon.

lee-byung-hun-xpn.jpg

In his Grand Prize speech, Lee Byung Hun said, “I wanted to say a lot of things here so I wouldn’t regret anything, but my head is in a whirl. ‘Mr. Sunshine’ had so many people working on it, to the point where there was a B team and C team for the production crew. I worked with some amazing co-stars. There are so many people I want to thank. A lot of people had to help me achieve the miracle of looking even one year younger than I really am.”

He continued, “This drama had five main characters. Kim Min Jung, Byun Yo Han, Yoo Yeon Seok, and Kim Tae Ri – I learned from them all. I am proud of them as their senior, but I also realized that I can’t become complacent. All the supporting actors were main characters as well. I came to trust director Lee Eung Bok a lot and I think that Kim Eun Sook is an amazing person.” He also thanked his managers and the people who work at his agency.

Check out the list of full winners below:

Daesang (Grand Prize): Lee Byung Hun (“Mr. Sunshine”)

Drama of the Year: “Mr. Sunshine”

Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries: Park Seo Joon (“What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim?”)

Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries: IU (“My Ahjussi”)

Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Serial Drama: Lee Sang Woo (“Marry Me Now“)

Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama: Shin Hye Sun (“My Golden Life“)

Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries: Jung Hae In (“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”)

Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries: Go Ah Sung (“Life on Mars”)

Excellence Award, Actor in a Serial Drama: Jang Seung Jo (“Money Flower”)

Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama: Jo Bo Ah (“Goodbye to Goodbye“)

Best New Actor: Yang Se Jong (“Degree of Love“), Jang Ki Yong (“My Ahjussi”)

Best New Actress: Won Jin Ah (“Just Between Lovers”), Kim Tae Ri (“Mr. Sunshine”)

Best Supporting Actor: Park Ho San (“Prison Playbook”), Yoo Jae Myung (“Life”)

Best Supporting Actress: Kim Min Jung (“Mr. Sunshine”), Jang So Yeon (“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”)

K-Star Award (Most Popular): Jung Hae In (“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”), Park Min Young (“What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim?”)

Best Writer: Lee Soo Yeon (“Life”)

Best Manager: Bae Sung (HM Entertainment)

Global Star Award: Park Hae Jin

Source (1) // BH Entertainment

• Like 5

October 15, 2018.

I return to see Lee Byung Hun winning the Daesang at the 2018 APAN Star Awards.   Congratulations!  A well deserved win for his fabulous acting in "Mr. Sunshine."  So happy for him.  

@rubie  Thank you so much for all the kind postings.   

• Like 4

Welcome back @peonie & welcome to LBH soompi thread @kansas424 and @marfisa !

What a great night indeed, MR.SUNSHINE recognized as the Best Drama of the Year and earning 3 more awards including the Daesang for Byunghun-ssi, well-deserved! th_katt.gifHis appearance at the red carpet is always as we expected and more, very accommodating & kind to the waiting fans.

October 14, 2018

‘Mr. Sunshine’ Lee Byung-hun wins top prize at APAN Star Awards

By Yim Hyun-su The Korea Herald

Actor Lee Byung-hun who starred in hit TV series “Mr. Sunshine” won big at this year’s APAN Star Awards, bringing home the grand prize.

Despite the category being one of the most hotly contested, the veteran actor managed to fend off competition from the likes of Kim Nam-joo from “Misty” and Jeon Seung-woo from “Life,” adding yet another award to his glittering career.

During his acceptance speech, Lee said many staff and actors worked together for “Mr. Sunshine” and that he had a lot of people to thank.

20181014000080_0.jpg

(BH Entertainment)

“There were five main characters and I learned so much from them and also was proud of them as their senior,” the actor said.

Lee laughed as he quipped, “With the effort to make me look even one year younger, we managed to pull off a miracle.”

The APAN Star Awards bills itself as the only awards in South Korea where all nominated works are from a drama-oriented TV network. 

By Yim Hyun-su (hyunsu@heraldcorp.com) // Twitter & IG fan-sharing

Source: Newsen

201810132220171810_1.jpg

So happy to see actress Kim So Yeon presenting the Daesang to LBH. th_wub2.gif Brings back such good memories from IRIS' Hyunjun & Sunhwa combo and the KBS Awards 2009 particularly. Still hoping that both actor would reunite in a new project, action or non-action movie or drama.th_pwettybunny.gif

201810132256141810_1.jpg

BH & MJ.. not Mrs. Lee.. but Ms. Kim/HiNa :lol:

• Like 4

October 13, 2018

TRANSLATED COMMENTS
2018 APAN Star Awards Winners

by Netizen Drama

20181013bh.jpg

Daum – Osen: Lee Byung Hun won the daesang for Mr Sunshine…Jung Hae In won 2 awards

1.[+614, -69] ‘Mr. Sunshine’ was seriously a good work, Congratulations Lee Byung Hun for receiving the daesang

2.[+282, -27] Lee Byung Hun-ssi, I sincerely congratulate you for winning the daesang. It was the first time that I was so immersed while watching a drama. I still can’t forget his realistic acting in the end. Mr Sunshine was the drama of my life and Yoo Jin Choi was the character of my life. Once again I congratulate you for winning the daesang

3.[+178, -12] Mr Sunshine~ Drama of the year~ Actors of the year^^

4.[+108, -5] It’s a pity that Kim Tae Ri won only the New Actress Award. It won’t be even enough if she won the best actress award…

5.[+101, -6] Wish actor from Mr Sunshine doesn’t deserve an award?…I feel bad that they didn’t win everything…even Dong Mae…what a pity..

6.[+95, -2] Congratulations but where is My Mister’s Lee Sun Gyun . .

7.[+93, -10] Eugene Choi! Congratulations on the award~^^♡ he got one step further as actor~~ I will always support you~^^

8.[+80, -2] Seriously Jung Kyung Ho is not there ㅡㅡ He seriously deserved to win

9.[+82, -8] Isn’t the daesang too obvious…Congratulations to Mr Sunshine team~^^

10.[+74, -0] There are a lot of Mr Sunshine actors who deserved an award, It’s a pity that they didn’t all win

11.[+61, -7] There is nothing for Jung Kyung Ho?

12.[+50, -0] The writer’s award…. Life… Secret Forest deserved the win but this time Writer Park Hae Young (My Mister)’s writing was much better .

WINNERS:

▲ Grand Prize (Daesang): Lee Byung Hun – Mr. Sunshine mrs.jpg

▲ Top Excellence Award Actor (Miniseries): Park Seo Joon – What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim Top

▲ Excellence Award Actress (Miniseries): Lee Ji Eun (IU) – My Mister

▲ Top Excellence Award Actor (Long-length Drama): Lee Sang Woo – Marry Me Now

▲ Top Excellence Award Actress (Long-length Drama): Shin Hye Sun – My Golden Life

▲ Excellence Award Actor (Miniseries): Jung Hae In – Something in the Rain

▲ Excellence Award Actress (Miniseries): Go Ah Sung – Life on Mars

▲ Excellence Award Actor (Long-length Drama): Jang Seung Jo – Money Flower

▲ Excellence Award Actress (Long-length Drama): Jo Bo Ah – Goodbye to Goodbye

▲ Best Supporting Actor: Park Ho San – My Mister & Yoo Jae Myung – Life

▲ Best Supporting Actress: Kim Min Jung – Mr. Sunshine & Jang So Yeon – Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food

▲ Best New Actor: Yang Se Jong – Temperature of Love & Jang Ki Yong – My Mister

▲ Best New Actress: Kim Tae Ri – Mr. Sunshine & Won Jin Ah – Just Between Lovers

▲ Popularity Award: Jung Hae In – Something in the Rain & Park Min Young – What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim

▲ Best Screenwriter: Lee Soo Yeon – Life

▲ Global Star Award: Park Hae Jin

• Like 4

Clip: Young.H.Choi
BH Entertainment Artist Agent & Manager

I think this the part which Lee Byung Hun thanked his agency & staff during the Daesang speech. Wonder if he's now the new manager for Byunghun.. 

Tweeted by BH Entertainment last night, in the comment section the Korean fans are asking for a fan-meeting in Korea.
  • Like 4

October 15, 2018

[Just out on Blu-ray] Korean Movie "The Fortress"

Source: HanCinema.net

photo1008755.jpg

Korean movie "The Fortress" is available to order on Blu-ray with English subtitles from YESASIA.

Blu-ray with English subtitles (2-Disc First Press Limited Edition)

"The Fortress" (2017)

Directed by Hwang Dong-hyuk

With Lee Byung-hun, Kim Yun-seok, Park Hae-il, Go Soo, Park Hee-soon, Jo Woo-jin...

Started filming : 2016/11/21

Synopsis

The movie depicts the conflict between Choi Myung-kil and Kim Sang-heon while they fled to the South Castle (Namhansanseong) during the Second Manchu invasion of Korea. Choi Myung-kil is a representative figure of the Juhwapa faction who insisted on maintaining friendly relations with Qing Dynasty in order to protect the people in Joseon. Kim Sang-heon is a representative figure of the pro-Ming Dynasty faction, Cheokhwapa. 

Release date in Korea : 2017/10/03

Spoiler

photo1006588.jpg

• Like 4

October 17, 2018

Couples with age gap now normal in K-dramas 

c731112583514268aef94b5eba3dbf9e.jpgLee Byung-hun and Kim Tae-ri in tvN's "Mr. Sunshine." Courtesy of CJ ENM

By Dong Sun-hwa The Korea Times

Couples with big age gaps are now nothing extraordinary in Korean dramas ― many of the couples have age differences of 10 years or more. 

Spoiler

9016e314b8374e7c9e704a80270c3285.jpg

Song Hye-kyo and Park Bo-gum will star in an upcoming TV series, "Boyfriend." Yonhap

"Mr. Sunshine," a just-ended 24-episode TV series penned by star writer Kim Eun-sook, grabbed attention as soon as the leading cast was revealed ― actor Lee Byung-hun, 48, and Kim Tae-ri, 28.

Many claimed the pair would not be able to create romantic chemistry, but instead would look more like an uncle and a niece. 

However, the drama proved popular, with the last episode rating 18 percent viewership. It was also acclaimed for putting the spotlight on the forgotten fighters of the Joseon Kingdom who struggled for the freedom of their nation. 

Spoiler

32517527d53144ffac268a6024bd7cb2.jpg

Lee Na-young and Lee Jong-suk will appear in a drama tentatively titled "Romance is a Supplement." Yonhap

"People are less reluctant about couples with a big age gap these days," an industry source told Yonhap News Agency Tuesday. "What's more crucial is the content ― viewers do not watch dramas if the content is not interesting." 

A myriad of upcoming TV series reflect such a trend. For instance, actor Park Bo-gum and Song Hye-kyo will star in the drama "Boyfriend," which is set to go to air on Nov. 28. Song is 37 and Park is 25.

Actor Lee Jong-suk will appear on a forthcoming TV series tentatively titled "Romance is a Supplement" with actress Lee Na-young, who is 10 years his senior. The actor is 29. 

sunhwadong@koreatimes.co.kr 

• Like 2

Clip: kstargroup.tv

Korea's All-channel drama award ceremony 2018 APAN Star Awards' behind-the-scenes video ~! 

Translated by Netizentown

2018 APAN Star Awards roundup 

20181013asa_57.jpg

Link

[+339, -33] Lee Byung Hun daesang! Drama of the year Mister Sunshine! Congratulations! I'll never see a man like Eugene Choi in a drama again, he's the best male character, I still cannot forget Eugene Choi, I cry every night. To Lee Byung Hun who played Eugene Choi, you were amazing, so so many congratulations

[+189, -16] Lee Byung Hun's Eugene Choi is simply irreplacable! Congratualtions!

[+161, -10] Eugene Choi, from now on take all the daesangs, you deserve it

[+146, -8] To be honest it's ridiculous that Kim Tae Ri only got nominated for a rookie award

[+149, -14] Let's take it all until the Baeksang, let's sweep all the awards (to Lee Byung Hun)

[+46, -4] Thank you to the team of Mr Sunshine for making such a good drama. I was happy with Eugene Choi and moved to tears at the end. Byung Hun-nim congratulations!

[+44, -8] No one can say anything about Eugene Choi, you gotta ackowledge it

[+42, -7] My Ajusshi's Lee Sun Kyun, why is he missing? He's the right daesang winner for me

Link

[+289, -19] The drama of the year Mr Sunshine, Daesang winner Lee Byung Hun... Congratulations, I still can't forget Eugene Choi

[+151, -10] Eugene Choi, congrats for the daesang. I was sad to let you go, but now that you won the daesang I can laugh a little

[+91, -6] Congratulations Eugene Choi

[+92, -8] God Byung Hun, congrats for the daesang

[+76, -3] Congrats Lee Byung Hun, your acting was the best

[+51, -2] Lee Byung Hun really deserved it, I've seen Mr Sunshine, I hope you keep acting for a long time and  please do a melo one more time

[+66, -18] Jung Hae In I'm always cheering for you

Link

[+176, -18] Congratulations

[+160, -12] I rewatched it and the acting was good, I laughed and cried until the end, congratulations on the award

[+117, -17] "I'm doing it with a sincere heart, even if I'm still lacking I thank you for your generous support, I will try to do better", even her daesang speech is cool

[+90, -10] Fully deserved, My Ajhussi fighting!

Link

[+59, -5] From the rookie to the daesang, everyone who deserved to win, won. Congratulations everyone.

[+45, -7] Lee Byung Hun-nim, God Byung Hun... A noble and great man... congrats on the daesang Eugene Choi. I miss Mister Sunshine and I miss Eugene Choi

[+40, -9] Actress IU, let's be happy

[+32, -4] Does it make sense not giving anything to Jung Kyung Ho? He should've gotten an award for Life on Mars instead of Secretary Kim

[+38, -12] What about Son Ye Jin not winning anything, aren't you taking it too far?

[+14, -2] Lee Byung Hun fighting

[+10, -0] Life On Mars was very entertaining, it's a bit disappointing that only Go Ah Sung got an award, the story, the acting, everything was solid

20181013asa_58.jpg

Spoiler

20181013asa_56.jpg

• Like 5