Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Penned by kimchibabe at Timeless Lee Byung Hun

http://www.sokorean.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...=asc&start=2880

In primitive times, MAN, a member of tribe or clan; would hear stories from tribesmen, strangers or travellers. Primitive man was always fascinated by the stories, mostly it was about great men....leaders, warriors, conquerors. Tales told of their lives, exploits, victories and yes, downfall. Gathered around bonfires, such tales were told over and over, from age to age, from one generation to another. Others who listened would tell the same stories and it would spread from tribe to tribe, from one village to another, so forth and so on. It was history (and literature) verbally told. Eventually, writing materials were needed to chronicle and preserve these stories hence there was charcoal used by cavemen for drawings, same for the Chinese while the Egyptians had heiroglyphics.

From the last two we thank for paper and ink. Still the stories and drawings were about great men, some were preserved most weren't. This was written history (and literature). These was how LEGENDS began. Then and now, nothing's changed. We still tell stories of great men but we have better instruments, finer even. So what's my point in these paragraph?

I write about a great man. I believe in everything about him. I greatly admire his sincerity. It is because of him that i write, sometimes prose but mostly, poetry. And it is with complete humility, that i thank him for making me realize this capability. He has released me from mediocrity.

To me, LEE BYUNG HUN, modern man is a phenomenon, an enigma, a mystery, a legend of his time. He is like the great men in primitive times whose story we tell today (by word of mouth then), by the computer,

thru the internet and so on. Why is he being written about every day?

Why are there numerous websites posting and re-posting articles and pictures of him? Why is there always a re-run of his great films and still so many are eager to see how he acts and openly adore him on the big

screen?

To me, LEE BYUNG HUN, is blessed. His rise to stardom is a phenomenon.

He struggled, learned, faced the challenge and won. People emphathize with his difficult rise, admired how he diligently honed his craft and celebrated with the fame he carved. He is an enigma, hardly looking the same. He simply parts his hair this way and that, and in an instant, he's another persona. Even when he poses for pictures, he is a chameleon; changing from one image to the next, always being another, never appearing the same. He can go from manly to childish then casual to sensual. There is a constant however, he projects beautifully, in whatever which pose he makes. Mysterious? But he truly is. He will reveal a little personal part of him, openly display a bit of him and leave you wanting more, a greater part of everything about him. On his really personal side, i wish he'd be given more respect. It's the least we can give back him.

Lastly, on his being a legend in the making, that's what he is. For so long people have woven stories and they have not run out of stories about him. As in days of old,this MAN with a GREAT story will be spoken of over and over, passing age and time, crossing countries and clime. And this will continue as it must continue, his life is history (and literature) becoming ONE. Thus I write, because i want to be a part of the making of a legend, be proud for the legend and well, simply BE with the legend!

To me, LEE BYUNG HUN, living legend is boundless and timeless. He is like the SUN, wherein we, his fans, revolve around and draw an undefinable power from.

An October Hunnie-wallpaper

oct2005wp4jr.th.jpg

Shared by kinatg at lovelbh.com

QQ!!! *hugback!*

Yes, we are PANDA UNITED... more and more! :lol:

Hold on... hunnie... I'll help you with the avatar/banner later... haven't even put up mine yet. :blush:

My dearest Rubie....Thanks a lot for answering my S.O.S. message.. :)

I've just managed to get my avatar done....*high five*

Guest Mrs. Lee

Wow! so may newbies here....another good thing (aside from me now being Mrs. Lee! :lol: ) that came out of soompi crashing down is we have new pandas! (unless you are an oldie too like me and changed names! :lol: )

WELCOME TO THE THREAD d.i.m.e Babii, WINK and qwas!

Hello to midnight sun too!

Rubs, thanks for reposting the Hallyu Summit links! was not able to save it before! :D ...ur welcome abt the coffee! :Dit's Ramadan right?

Guest dashuu

i adore lee byung hun! mostly loved him in bungee jumping on their own!

this tread rocks, fantastic pictures! thx for sharing!

Guest ireneooi

heys...thanks for all the pictures...he's so hot..drooling all over already..thank s also for the pics and clips of the concert in japan..and the coffee just reminded me that i have to watch beautiful days again!

February 11, 2004

2/11/04 - Lee Byung Hun finally makes decision on his next movie project --"Everyone has a Secret". In this romance-comedy movie, he plays an energetic playboy who is dating three sisters of a family. In the beginning, he dates the cute youngest sister, and then the second sister, and finally the eldest sister. The filming of the movie is scheduled in the beginning of March after the casting of three sisters is finalized.

News credits to CindyW88 at soompi.com

February 16, 2004

It has been speculated that the actresses playing the 3 sisters in LBH's upcoming movie "Everybody Has A Secret" are Oh Yeon Soo (from Snowman, Yeon-jung), Choi Ji Woo (Beautiful Days) and Kim Hyo Ji (from Wuri's Family).

42p27004.jpg

Lee Byung Hun and Choi Ji Woo will be in the movie Everyone Has a Secret

Lee Byung Hun and Cho Ji Woo will be reunited as lovers 

In the movie Everyone Has a Secret, LBH and CJW will both be in the role of chaming male lead Soo Hyung and an innocent university student Son Young who has hidden passionate personality.

In 2001 spring, SBS < Beautiful Days >, LBH and CJW has been together as the main leads, During that period, it gained popularity over MBC Hoteiler, with its display of passionate and devoted love relationship. 

Everyone has a secret is a comedy where the charming male lead Soo Hyung will fall in love with Son Young and her sisters. Kim Hyo Jin will be cast as the youngest sister who is carefree and enjoyed her freedom 

anyways the movie is really about lee byung hun whose character's goal in life is to 'fulfil the women who desire him'.. dramaok

News credits to Shirley of leebyunghun.com

March 9, 2004

Korean actor Lee Byung Hun, busy with two projects commencing one after the other

Source: hotkorea.com.tw translated by Shirley and capture courtesy of Lucy

In March, workload of Lee Byung Hun has increased suddenly as on the 7th, his new movie Everyone Has a Secret has commenced shooting, and following that on 12 March, the horror omnibus movie, Three 2 will also officially start filming and he will be kept extremely busy. 

To have two projects starting at the same time is rather rare situation and it is not happening to the supporting roles but on someone like Lee Byung Hun who is the main actor. This makes one more curious.. as the reason for this is that LBH has been resting for nearly one year.. hence the situation occured once he is back. 

Ever since last year's All In, LBH has been taking absence from his work to take a long break. Although the plan was only for 4-5 months rest but due to some unforeseen circumstances, LBH still could not find a suitable role for himself, he joked that because he was yearning to act.. it felt so uneasy when he can't.

And after the long holiday, two projects suddenly appeared which will keep him on such a busy schedule. Lastly he said that.. someone mentioned that everything will happen all at once and did not know that it will be so true. since he had taken such a long break, he will do his utmost best and put in all his effort to complete the two projects.

March 12, 2004

43l27003.jpg

choo sang mi

cast in new film 'everyone has a secret' starring lee byung hun, choi ji woo, and kim hyo jin.
in the romantic comedy, choo will play choi and kim's oldest sister. all three sisters fall in love with lee.
choo sang mi currently appears in kbs drama 'moo in shi dae - age of warriors'.

News credits to dramaok at soompi.com

4/1/04 - Lee Byung Hun and Choi Ji Woo, once costarred in the drama "Beautiful Days", will make a CF to promote Korea tourism in Japan. They are selected by Korea National Tourism Organization because "Winter Love Song" and "All In" are going to be aired by NHK in April. They will film the CF from 4/7 to 4/11, and the CF will be aired in Japan in May and June. 

Also, the movie "Everyone has a Secret" costarred by LBH and CJW has already attracted attentions from Japan. The movie is scheduled to be released in July.

200404010252_01.jpg

Credit to Cindy of soompi.com

5/12/04 - Lee Byung Hun and Choi Ji Woo shoot a kissing scene of the movie "Everyone has a Secret". In the movie, LBH kisses Kim Hyo Jin, Choi Ji Woo, and Choo Sang Mi in three different occasions. Also, there is a bed scene of LBH and CJW.

200405120011_00.jpg

Hi Mia, dashuu... WELCOME! And Irene, welcome back to the thread!

Join, post and share more... ok.. looking forward to your comments!

Aw... we sure miss him a lot... huh.... too much already... a drama would be a dream come true but seriously, just seeing him act again is what we're asking for. *tears*

hi all,

great job on this thread, be not discouraged about what happened, all of you are so dedicated to LBH am very moved by your dedication, your enthusiasm and love for not only LBH but also one another is what made me come by almost everyday as a silent visitor to see the ongoings, the latest postings......

I like reading your postings even though no idea what u toking about....it made me smile, it made my day

keep up the good work

Guest elbie-h forever

Gud evening everyone. I am very sad when Mrs. Lee informed me that Soompi crashed and all the previous postings were all gone. I had only read 60 pages of that forum and I was not given the opportunity to read all of them. But on the other hand, maybe it is a blessing in disguise for me. This time, I will be able to catch up with all of you at the same time. There's no more need for me to review the past pages. This evening I only have to read four pages. I am anticipating all the pictures and information that you will post in the future. Good night. BTW, my old username is Pristine.

Guest thunderbolt

I want to say HI to all fans of LBH. I've adored him for a very, very long time (3 years?) but didn't dare to post in the old thread as it was sooooo long. :P

Am rewatching him now in BD and what can I say? Super-duper MESMERIZING LEE MIN-CHUL. *faint*

Guest lee ji woo

HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!

Lee Byung-hun to set up fan club in Japan

lee_l.jpg

Actor Lee Byung-hun, nicknamed “Byonsama” in Japan, will soon launch a fan club in that country in a joint effort with Hakuhodo DY, a subsidiary of the influential Japanese advertisement agency, Hakuhodo. The firm has agreed to provide active support to set up a fan club for Lee, who is often described as “a hallyu blue chip.”

The club, entitled “Lee Byung Hun Japan Official,” will be unveiled in November. Hakuhodo DY, which highly regards the actor’s popularity in Japan, will take charge of the club’s founding and overall management by capitalizing on its extensive marketing knowledge.

Although the operation of Lee’s unofficial fan Web site has been suspended ahead of the club’s launch, the number of its visitors has exceeded 10 million recently, attesting to the actor’s skyrocketing popularity in Japan.

Meanwhile, Hakuhodo DY has staged various pre-launch marketing events recently, such as posting advertisement banners on Tokyo’s downtown buses and running ads in the press in a bid to publicize the creation of Lee’s official fan club. ”

source: KBS Global

=====

elvie unni, i love your new nick :wub: very creative indeed! bravo! ;)

warm welcome to you thunder chingu!!! :D hope you drop by here often...

Guest Mrs. Lee

Gud evening everyone. I am very sad when Mrs. Lee informed me that Soompi crashed and all the previous postings were all gone. I had only read 60 pages of that forum and I was not given the opportunity to read all of them. But on the other hand, maybe it is a blessing in disguise for me. This time, I will be able to catch up with all of you at the same time. There's no more need for me to review the past pages. This evening I only have to read four pages. I am anticipating all the pictures and information that you will post in the future. Good night. BTW, my old username is Pristine.

Hi elbie-h forever aka Pristine in the old thread! Cute username ha! Glad u put u r Pristine 'coz I was thinking when I saw your new username that u might be eblapuz or elvie !

:lol: Hey! at least you will be able to catch up with us...no more 2000 plus pages! :P

I want to say HI to all fans of LBH. I've adored him for a very, very long time (3 years?) but didn't dare to post in the old thread as it was sooooo long. :P

Am rewatching him now in BD and what can I say? Super-duper MESMERIZING LEE MIN-CHUL. *faint*

Welcome to the thread THUNDER!!!! please do join us as often as u can here in the forest....anything about BH...we will luv it! :D

aiisshhh...I think I am having BD fever.... since reposting some pics at the BD thread...my hands are itching to bring out those DVDs and do a nth marathon...and now thunder is watching it!!!! ya!!! I will definitely bring out those DVDs tonite! :P

waves to Ylin and Chibikko!!!!

HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!

Lee Byung-hun to set up fan club in Japan

lee_l.jpg

Actor Lee Byung-hun, nicknamed “Byonsama” in Japan, will soon launch a fan club in that country in a joint effort with Hakuhodo DY, a subsidiary of the influential Japanese advertisement agency, Hakuhodo. The firm has agreed to provide active support to set up a fan club for Lee, who is often described as “a hallyu blue chip.”

The club, entitled “Lee Byung Hun Japan Official,” will be unveiled in November. Hakuhodo DY, which highly regards the actor’s popularity in Japan, will take charge of the club’s founding and overall management by capitalizing on its extensive marketing knowledge.

Although the operation of Lee’s unofficial fan Web site has been suspended ahead of the club’s launch, the number of its visitors has exceeded 10 million recently, attesting to the actor’s skyrocketing popularity in Japan.

Meanwhile, Hakuhodo DY has staged various pre-launch marketing events recently, such as posting advertisement banners on Tokyo’s downtown buses and running ads in the press in a bid to publicize the creation of Lee’s official fan club. ”

source: KBS Global

=====

elvie unni, i love your new nick :wub: very creative indeed! bravo! ;)

warm welcome to you thunder chingu!!! :D hope you drop by here often...

Hi ann sis! hahaha! luv ur new USER ID! ... r u referring to elbie-h forever as the new user id of elvie sis?...nah...elbie-h forever is Pristine of the old thread...she's also a pinay...

Dear Hunnies

Wave Mrs Lee, Rubie and all on the thread!

Glad to be back.... :) ... Was seaching for the thread this afternoon thinking that it was as the Korean Celebrities Photo... stupid me..... but at last I found my way back here! :)

This is to perk everyone here!

wallie19ov.th.jpg

Related KNTO CF captures from various sites & fan-sharing at EverythingLBH
Check out more photos compiled at our Gallery

4/1/04 - Lee Byung Hun and Choi Ji Woo, once costarred in the drama "Beautiful Days", will make a CF to promote Korea tourism in Japan. They are selected by Korea National Tourism Organization because "Winter Love Song" and "All In" are going to be aired by NHK in April. They will film the CF from 4/7 to 4/11, and the CF will be aired in Japan in May and June.  

News credits to dramaok at soompi.com

April 11, 2004

Korean Wave 'Colorful Korea' Commercial
Source: english.tour2korea.com

20040411_9.jpg

On April 11, Choi Ji-woo and Lee Byung-hun joined the Korea National Tourism Organization to film a commercial to help promote the 'Korean Wave' in overseas markets. The commercial was shot at Namiseom Island. The popular TV series Winter Sonata was filmed on this island. One commercial will be for the Japanese Market and one for the Chinese and South East Asian markets. This is just the latest in a series of commercials that have been filmed with these two hot stars.

April 15, 2004

200404151633130146_a_b.jpg200404161019310013_a_b.jpg

From bhjwlove.netfirms.com, thanks to Pao-BHLee HK Club

The following is not a word-for-word translation, just a summary of a related news report - translated by Pao)

Popular Hallyu stars LBH & CJW will appear in KNTO's TV Ad to help promote Korea's image in Japan. In the Ad, LBH & CJW looked every inch the happy couple when they enjoyed an intimate dating on the beautiful Namee Island.

At the shooting location, the actors exchanged opinions before filming started. CJW, who was wearing a dress on that day, got a bit worried after knowing that LBH would be carrying her on his back. Eventually, the acting was repeated more than 20 times hence LBH got exhausted. 

The filming location was crowded with fans. As BH & JW are lovers in Beautiful Days, the audience look forward to the reunion of the couple in the CF.

The stars were too engrossed in their acting that their overt gestures of affection set tongues wagging. To counter the rumour, LBH said he and SHK are going strong although they're not able to meet up frequently due to tight working schedules. 

CJW has gained amazing popularity in Japan after the telecast of Winter Sonata. LBH's popularity is also on the rise. It is reported that both Hallyu stars intended to continue their charm-attack in Japan. 

Nation's Overseas PR Campaign Reaches for the 'Stars'
Kwon Young-han champano@sportschosun.com

2004041161003_0.jpg

Two of Korea's top actors will appear in a commercial aimed at attracting tourists to Korea. Choi Ji-woo and Lee Byung-hun were filmed at Deoksugung and on a Han River ferry, Friday.

Under the theme, 'The country with dramatic fun,' the couple will do some additional filming at Namee Island in Chuncheon, Gangwon province. The commercial will air on Japanese television in May and June.

Guest Zombie

Hello Hunnie Pandas,

Just dropping by to say that the overhaul & crash out of soompi.com was not unexpected. It had been too overconjested for too long......

Glad to see hunnie pandas up and about here, a special thanks and greeting to Rubie the REGULAR :lol:

Looking forward to more quality postings in this new forum and seeing new topics having equal footing now.

Keep up the good work Hunnie Pandas and looking forward to seeing more LBH movies/dramas soon.

Formerly Aldersgate, but now ZOMBIE! :lol:

***Special thanks to Fayanatics for starting the previous LBH thread.

Guest casey wong

Hello everyone,

SO suprised to see that this thread is starting all over again....but with the unity of the hunnies here, we'll be back like before in no time.

The sad thing is I cannot even log in using my old one...need to register all over again. :(