Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Guest jenesepas

Hi jenesepas!

Welcome to the thread once again. Yes, we'll rebuild everything from scratch just like before... I hope you will join us too as we need everyone, more than ever. It's a blessing indeed... to be able to start fresh... hopefully whatever we had before can be renewed especially existing ties and new bonds of friendship. And of course, the sharing of our sweetest man... Lee Byung Hun.

Btw, I love your photoalbum. Well done! :)

Dear rubie,

I wouldnt say its a blessing, esp for me, cuz I still hadnt finished reading those back pages of the old thread :D. But yeah, at the same time I'm glad that I'll be part of the thread from the beginning again. I'm sure everyone will help rebuild this thread to be longer and better in no time :) . I dont know what i can help with but at least i have some photos of LBH backed up :P . Thanks for visiting my photoalbum, you can tell I have too much time on my hand :lol:

Jenesepas! which panda are you???? aiissh! we really need to compile the Pandas old and new USER ID! :lol:

Hi Mrs Lee, how's Mr Lee? :P

Let's just say I'm a new panda here, just starting to make my way into the forest ;)

I love your nick, and i bet if LBH ever visits our thread, he won't ever forget you B)

Hi all,i kind of think it's not a bad idea for us to restart everything again

so it keeps everyone busy having to dig everything leebyunghun out whether it's old or new.Thanks to all who have put out their effort and share with us their treasure of our MR.LEE.Forgive me for not contributing as i'm a computer nut

Happy birthday Ann (we share the same birth date)

Guest Mrs. Lee

Dear rubie,

I wouldnt say its a blessing, esp for me, cuz I still hadnt finished reading those back pages of the old thread :D. But yeah, at the same time I'm glad that I'll be part of the thread from the beginning again. I'm sure everyone will help rebuild this thread to be longer and better in no time :) . I dont know what i can help with but at least i have some photos of LBH backed up :P . Thanks for visiting my photoalbum, you can tell I have too much time on my hand :lol:

Hi Mrs Lee, how's Mr Lee? :P

Let's just say I'm a new panda here, just starting to make my way into the forest ;)

I love your nick, and i bet if LBH ever visits our thread, he won't ever forget you B)

Hi Jenesepas! Mr. Lee is doing fine! :lol:...ah that nick...Pinay Panda EBlapuz/Elvie actually gave me the idea of using Mrs. Lee as my user id when she learned my (married) surname is really LEE...the Pandas really can't believe it! :lol:

BTW, I went to your photoalbum yesterday...very nice and there were several BH pics I haven't seen before...I hope you don't mind, but can you share them here? esp photos bhjw 328, bdl02

, 4, 1008_23_01, 5, 01, 04, 3766364, p_s69_28....so many huh?hehehe... ey! I even saw the panda cake I made during the Pinay Panda BH bday meet! thanks for including it in your photoalbum! :D *mwah*

Hi Omma and Zombie??? :lol: cute USER ID Alders!....

Omma, It's Gigi! LBHCrazy! The new Mrs. Lee! :lol: my married surname is really Lee so i am really a Mrs. Lee! :D

Good job hunnies on our first day at the new thread! boy!

I am still trying to dig up some BH photos....

What a relief!!! For a while you got me sweating...thought my lover married someone behind my back. *phew*

Anyway Gigi....take care. I will be back to share some of the goodies lost when I am back.

Guest Mrs. Lee

so it keeps everyone busy having to dig everything leebyunghun out whether it's old or new.Thanks to all who have put out their effort and share with us their treasure of our MR.LEE.Forgive me for not contributing as i'm a computer nut

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you ELAINE!

wow ! two pandas celebrating their bdays today!...Lots of love! *mwah*

What a relief!!! For a while you got me sweating...thought my lover married someone behind my back. *phew*

Anyway Gigi....take care. I will be back to share some of the goodies lost when I am back.

Omma! :lol: what a relief huh!...you take care too!...will wait for your goodies! :D

*waves at everyone*

i don't know what topic description should i put, so for now i wrote "We want LBH in a 2006 drama!" - any other suggestions laydees? :)

everyone, thank u! and count me in for the long haul! :)

aww jisung!

Some more gifs to share!

ylin dear, love your GIFs! such eye candies

A great big hug to everyone old and new here!!!

I have to say I'm getting confused with all the new nicks... :P by the way... my old nick was weelynx aka the lil' panda.... :wub:

wei lin and ylin - they rhyme :lol:

my fave drama from him "beautiful days" he was soooo hot in there! i wanna watch it againnn and again n again and again

oooohhhh right on hear no evil, Min Chul is muy muy hot!

Chula,

No worries about starting a new LBH thread.

It is act of dedication of his fans , no need to apologise.

Just a thought here, since your goodself and Liezle had the first few posts, you may want to make use of the space for more of his profile and links to his other fan clubs for his new fans who are unaware of his other fan links.

Wish I can contribute more, but commitment & love of my career is given top priority. Ha..ha..

Anywhere, it is nice catching up with you hunnie pandas again.

Have a good day!

thanks alders. will work on that list tomorrow - with rubie the librarian's help hopefully. please wubes?

oh wow Happy Birthday Elaine. more birthdays and blessings to come!!!!! *hugs*

==============================================

just an fyi for our new sistahs, we kind of developed our own terms for LBH, when we drool and talk about him and check out his pics/VODs. you'll definitely see these abbreviations in our posts.

GBL = Good Boy Look (shy smile or wide smile or whenever he looks like that boy next door *eee!*)

BBL = Bad Boy Look (now this makes the Pandas go gaga :w00t: )

SBL = Sexy Boy Look (major droolfest)

i still haven't seen Hyc. where could she be?

jen i'm checking your photoalbum right now. i'm so happy you have some of my other favorites here. My other Lee ... Dong Gun! :D

Related captures from various sites & fan-sharing at EverythingLBH and LBH-soompi.com
Related updates here / here / here / here // EverythingLBH.com thanks every fan-sharing ardently with our utmost gratitude
Any queries or feedback, please direct them to Admin@EverythingLBH.com or PM us at our Facebook or LBH soompi

Veteran Actor - Mr. Kim Moo Saeng (father of actor Kim Joo Hyuk)1943.03.16 - 2005.04.16 via empas.com

April 17, 2005

Lee Byung Hun at the service of Mr. Kim Moo Saeng

bh_kms1.jpg

bh_kms2.jpg 

bh_kms3.jpg

Source: empas, byunghunzzang, naver, starnews & mydaily // Thanks to leebyunghun.com & lovelbh.com

Guest jenesepas

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN AND ELAINE

Wishing you all the fun you could have on your special day!

Elaine, you make me feel like i should beg for forgiveness too, since I havent been contributing anything at all :(

Hi Jenesepas! Mr. Lee is doing fine! :lol:...ah that nick...Pinay Panda EBlapuz/Elvie actually gave me the idea of using Mrs. Lee as my user id when she learned my (married) surname is really LEE...the Pandas really can't believe it! :lol:

BTW, I went to your photoalbum yesterday...very nice and there were several BH pics I haven't seen before...I hope you don't mind, but can you share them here? esp photos bhjw 328, bdl02

, 4, 1008_23_01, 5, 01, 04, 3766364, p_s69_28....so many huh?hehehe... ey! I even saw the panda cake I made during the Pinay Panda BH bday meet! thanks for including it in your photoalbum! :D *mwah*

Wah, I can't even believe that there's a married panda here, let alone being married to a Mr Lee as well . All the time i thought i must be the oldest panda :P

Oh, regarding the photos, i've just basically collected as many as i could and save them all in one place so every night i can view them and drool :D

They're not mine in any way, as you've spotted, there's your special panda cake as well :lol: . I was gonna say if you or anyone like anything from my album, feel free to take them down, but i realized you cant right click, and I cant direct link either :angry: , but here they are specially for you :D , hope i dont take up too much soompi space :rolleyes:

p_s69_28.jpg

04.jpg

01.jpg

1008_23_01.jpg

4.jpg

bhjw328.jpg

7306.jpg

bdl02.jpg

3766364.jpg

First of all,thanks to those who have given me their blessings for my birthday.But feel kind of embarassing as i seem to be announcing my

birth date for wishes anyway really appreciate all the wishes.

I do not know how to quote to reply so i can only say thanks to all!

^:lol: Thanks for sharing the terms ^_^

y'welcome chibikko!

jenesepas thanks for sharing those pics :)

pst gigi, i just realized you're member # 2000. i just find that cool :lol:

wei lin dear, i see that the archive page has been set up. thanks sis! will link that on our first page. btw, you forgot for the terms: SOTONG = confused. my favorite malaysian word. because it's the only one i know, haha.

LBH news tidbit.

Japanese studios to release 35 titles in HD DVD format (Oct 5, 2005)

TOKYO — Toshiba Corp and other companies promoting the HD DVD high-definition DVD format said Tuesday some 10 Japanese movie makers will release 35 titles of films and other image content based on the HD DVD format.

The titles, to be released beginning at the end of this year, will include Japanese motion pictures, animated movies, the U.S. film "The Aviator" and South Korean films featuring Lee Byung Hun, the Toshiba-led group said.

source: http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=news&cat=4&id=351180

Related award captures from various sites & fan-sharing at EverythingLBH
Check out more photos compiled at our Gallery

July 8, 2005

Lee Byung Hun at the 42nd Daejong (Grand Bell) Film Awards
Naver news/My Daily News/Newsis; thanks to Aldersgate, Uisa Charul & River-soompi.com

daelbh3.jpg 200507082006380100_1.jpg

Lee Byung Hun's arrival at the 42nd Daejong Awards on Friday, July 8th. About 200 fans were there to support & cheer him at the Red Carpet and through the ceremony.

daelbh12.jpg daelbh9.jpg 

daelbh8.jpg

20051006113617.060.0.jpg

160121.jpg daelbh10.jpg

160108.jpg

Naver news; thanks to Uisa Charul-soompi.com

July 4, 2005

"Crying Fist" Nominated for 12 Categories of Daejong Award

Source: KBS Global

Nominees for the 42nd Daejong Film Festival awards were announced July 1. A total of five movies will compete for the best picture award, including “A Bittersweet Life,” “Marathon,” “Rikidozan,” “Crying Fist” and “Blood Rain.” 

Nominees for the best director award include Kim Ji-woon (“A Bittersweet Life”), Park Heung-shik (“My Mother, the Mermaid”), Song Hae-sung (“Rikidozan”), Ryoo Seung-wan (“Crying Fist”), and Kim Dae-seung (“Blood Rain”).

The most prominent nominee for the closely-watched best actor award is Sul Kyung-koo, who was nominated twice for his roles in “Public Enemy 2” and “Rikidozan.” Other candidates include Lee Byung-hun from “A Bittersweet Life,” Cho Seung-woo from “Marathon” and Ryoo Seung-beom from “Crying Fist.” 

Attention is also being focused on the late Lee Eun-ju, who committed suicide in February and was nominated for the best actress award for her role in “The Scarlet Letter.” Other nominees for best actress include Moon Keun-young from “Innocent Steps,” Kim Mi-suk from “Marathon,” Jeon Do-yeon from “My Mother, the Mermaid” and Kim Hye-soo from “The Hypnotized.”

”Crying Fist” has been nominated in a total of 12 categories, including best picture, best director, best screenplay and best actor and actress. “A Bittersweet Life” and “Blood Rain” were each nominated in 11 categories, and “Rikidozan” in 10, including best picture and best actor. 

The final results will be announced at the award ceremony to be held on the last day of the Daejong Film Festival on July 8 at 9 p.m. at the Sejong Center for the Performing Arts. The red carpet event featuring many top actors will be held earlier that evening from 8 p.m.

7/1/05 – The movie "Crying Fist" gets 12 nominations in "The 42nd Daejong Awards". Ryu Seung Wan (Best Director Award), Ryu Seung Bum (Best Actor Award), Na Moon Hee (Best Supporting Actress Award), Jo Yong Gyoo ( Cinematography Award) are nominees of four major categories. The ceremony of presenting awards to the winners is scheduled at 7:00p.m. of 7/8, and SBS will broadcast the event.

The nominees of The Best Movie Award are: A Bittersweet Life, Marathon, Crying Fist and Blood Rain.

The nominees of The Best Actor are: Sol Kyung Gyoo, Lee Byung Hun, Jo Seung Woo and Ryu Seung Bum.

The nominees of The Best Actrress are: Moon Geun Young, Kim Mi Sook, Jun Do Yun, Kim Hye Soo and Lee Eun Joo.

The nominees of The New Actor are: Jo Han Sun, Park Kun Hyung, Park Ji Bin, Go Soo and Lee Dong Gun.

The nominees of The New Actress are: Soo Ae, Lee Chung Ah, Kim Ji Soo and Han Ji Hye.

Just wanted to greet the birthday girls, ELaine and Ann. I hope that you have a wonderful day filled with love, friends, family and all the things that will make the day special for you.

And now must do BP....will be back. Ah..ALL IN photo...Miss IN HA KIM...

September 7, 2004

LEE BYUNG HUN REBORN AS GENUINE ACTOR
Article No. 690 of Movie Entertainment News/Posted 2004-09-07 10:32, translated by Splash

LBH is really an actor with many faces. From humorous Jim Carrey-style facial expressions to gazes that exude masculinity and sincerity, he has charisma powerful enough to make one breathless. Among his many faces, the writer likes one of utmost filial piety that LBH displays towards his mother. 

"Son, oh Byung Hun, your shirt today doesn't seem to suit you." As soon as his mother says those words, LBH changes his clothes. Within the entertainment circle and TV stations, he is already known for his filial piety in that he obeys his mother unconditionally whenever she says something for whatever reason. During the time his sister Lee Eun Hee (Miss Korea) was a CF model when she was growing up, LBH was the humble and respectful youth who used to visit this writer's office holding his little sister's hand. 

Even now whenever he meets LBH who is already a big star, the writer smiles to himself when he recalls those days when the thoughtful and adorable youth would appear on filming locations to support his little sister. Perhaps LBH lives by the motto that everything starts from filial piety? Time passes by and LBH has now become a national actor who enjoys the love and support of many fans over the 10 years he has been acting. 

LBH began his acting career through dramas when he played rare characters that were good, honest, while exuding masculine beauty at the same time, and captured the hearts of the TV audience. After receiving the Best Newcomer Award in 1992, his name and face gradually became recognized, so he finally made his movie debut in Who Drives Me Crazy in 1995. Starring in both dramas and movies, he built his acting experience steadily and grew from a young star to a genuine actor. 

Applauded for his excellent portrayal of the humane and sensitive North Korean soldier character in JSA, LBH showed that he could very well be the main pillar supporting the Korean movie world. Recently he demonstrated characteristic acting in Director Park Chan Wook's Three Monster and received reviews that said this was another excellent example of LBH-style acting. Moreover, with the favorable reviews for Everybody Has a Secret where he captures the hearts and souls of three sisters with his irresistable charm, LBH has more than confirmed his status as an actor who can really act. 

When analyzing LBH's face carefully, the writer feels the bright cheery warmth of a playful kindergarten child, instead of a high-spirited youth. LBH's looks are a dead giveway for the mischievous brat he was when he was little. It was common for him to break an arm while playing with his sister or to break someone's windows while playing baseball in the neighborhood. Despite all that, he was a little movie-crazy fan who says that he held his mother's hand while watching the movie Papillon and became an actor because he could not get over the movie. 

In the movie Elegy of the Earth, one of LBH's lines from the script goes, "when I get the Academy Award for Best Actor, I will definitely show it to my father." This was a line that expressed his own thoughts precisely as he had decided to become such an excellent actor that he would not be embarrassed in front of his late father. 

LBH has now risen to become a leading actor with an important position in the Korean movie world, but he has not become complacent or lazy. He builds up his physical strength with exercise and makes time for books and movies. All these show that he is working hard to carry out the promise he made to his father in the movie. 

Now the day when LBH becomes an actor representing Korea at the Academy Award Ceremony and rules the world with his trademark cool peppermint smile doesn't seem too far away.

* Article No. 690 of Movie Entertainment News/Posted 2004-09-07 10:32 
Credits: Neul Pulreun Namu of LBH.Com & Movie Entertainment News Translation by Splash *

Spoiler

20051006113617.060.0.jpg

Guest stardust3000

hi pandas!!!

**waves to everyone**

How are you all? :D

i couldnt believe when i received the sms msgs from gigi, cha and rori about what happened here in soompi. but i am glad that it looks like everything is going back to normal. i'd like to believe that it is a blessing in disguise though. it is a fresh start for everyone. :)

I have been very busy with work lately and i do apologize that i havent posted as often as i should.

I hope everyone is in good health. hope t catch up with everyone again one of these days.

also...

i am curious who is the girl with LBH in the picture below. i have a guess but it doesnt seem like its her though. :huh:

7306.jpg

July 15, 2005

Real Fantastic Film Festival 2005 Kicks Off
Source: KBS Global

The opening ceremony of the Real Fantastic Film Festival 2005, which will last through July 23, was held July 14 in Jongno, Seoul, drawing significant attention from the representatives of the movie industry.

The 1924 Russian silent film "Aelita" was screened at the opening ceremony to the accompaniment of its original score performed by acoustician and composer Song Hyun-joo. 

The festival was founded by Kim Hong-joon, former head of the Bucheon Film Festival executive committee. Kim joined forces with several programmers and staff members after his resignation from the committee to launch an alternative film festival. Film directors, actors and representatives of the movie industry who participated in this year's festival showed their strong support. 

Kim Ji-un, the director of the movie "A Bittersweet Life," and the movie's lead actor Lee Byung-heon arrived at the festival venue 40 minutes prior to the opening ceremony.

News clip:
mms://navernews.hvod.nefficient.co.kr/navernews/0018/2005/0715/00004107.wmv

Guest stardust3000

*waves back to stardust!*

Hi stardust! Welcome back! Been missing you a lot and a lot has happened as well. :P

Hope that you're doing well, too... come by to the forest and don't be a stranger now. LBH hasn't decided his next project yet... so, everyone is pretty much at the same pace with each other. The BPs are all in the past! :lol:

The answer to your question above, I'm guessing you're thinking of SHK. Yes, that's SHK in the photo with LBH. Taken in Greece/Italy for the Elle Magazine 2003 photoshoot, right after the conclusion of their drama, All In.

Hi rubie!

good to know you havent changed your name. i'm seeing a lot of new names and i cant tell who is who. ;)

yup. i did think of SHG but i just had to make sure. ;):D

i will try to visit more often. since i missed the forest so much. :)

btw, i got a copy of BSL and i'll watch it later when i get home... cant wait. :P

Catch up with you guys later! :)

Guest liezle

Hi hi everyone!

I saw stardust posting and i'd like to apologize to you hunnie for not sending yet the hunnie vod that you were asking. i promise to do it tomorrow since i'll be just in my workstation the whole day and i've written the task in my "to do" list.

Was it Ann's birthday yesterday? Belated happy birthday Ann!

And Elaine, happy birthday to you!

Wishing you guys all the best in life! :)