Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

November 20, 2019

Looking Forward to the Dramas of 2020

Source: Sports Khan via HanCinema.net

photo1125239.jpg

There is a line of dramas featuring famous stars and famous productions lined up in 2020.

It's the end of the year, but the drama industry is preparing for next year's dramas. As pre-production becomes increasingly common, there are a number of works that have already been filmed. We take a look at dramas coming in 2020 according to actors, writers, and seasons.

- "This actor is a must-watch"

The actor decides the genre of the drama. Those with probability and visuals are getting ready to star in new upcoming dramas.

SBS's "Hyena" is a survival drama about lawyers who represent the top 1% high class society. Rather than the intelligent and rational aspects of the existing lawyer character, it will show a diverse range of human beings involved in their interests. In addition, the casting of Kim Hye-soo and Ju Ji-hoon makes the drama something to look forward to. JTBC's "Sisyphus: The Myth" cast Cho Seung-woo and Park Shin-hye almost right away. Aside from the fact that it's a sci-fi mystery drama, nothing else is known yet. Still, the drama is looked forward to thanks to the choice of the two actors.

JTBC's "I'll Visit You When the Weather Is Nice" features Park Min-young and Seo Kang-joon. It's not about a 'prince on a white horse', but the simple and warm healing story of a man and a woman meeting at a rural independent bookstore is the driving point.

"HERE" starring Lee Byung-hun, Han Ji-min, Shin Min-ah, Bae Sung-woo and Nam Joo-hyuk is written by Noh Hee-kyeong, whose scriptwriting abilities have been proven numerous times.

- A credible production team

Spoiler

Just like a well-written scenario, the drama is a 'writer's work of art'. 2020 brings dramas from famous writers.

The most anticipated drama of all is, of course, Kim Eun-sook and SBS's "The King: Forever Sovereign", starring Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun. Despite the cold weather, they have started filming and are getting ready to meet viewers next year. "The King: Forever Sovereign" is a fantasy romance drama in which a deity has unleashed a demon unto the world of humans, and that demon has opened the door to a parallel world.

Writer Yang Hee-seong from MBC drama "Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo" and tvN drama "Familiar Wife", is attempting a very human-like weekend drama. "I've Been There Once" is the turbulent story of the Song family, beginning with divorce and ending up united in love and family, starring Chun Ho-jin, Lee Jung-eun, Oh Yoon-ah and others.

The writer of KBS's "Road to the Airport", Lee Sook-yeon, is coming out with tvN's "Half of a Half", a romantic drama about the relationship between an AI programmer and a recording engineer, starring Jung Hae-in, Chae Soo-bin and more.

TvN's "Hi Bye Mama" is a fantasy story about a Korean funeral custom called '49 days' and it is written by Kwon Hye-joo, who also wrote "Go Back Couple".

The book "Golden Hour", written by Professor Lee Kuk-jong, an authority on treating severe trauma in Korea, will also be reborn as a drama. Based on Professor Lee's vivid experiences, it is the talk of patients at the forefront of life and death. The drama is written by So Hyeon-kyeong and Only One, of dramas "My Daughter Seo-yeong" and "My Golden Life".

- Season 2, can't miss it

Spoiler

Due to the popularity of previous installments, a series of works to be produced for a season 2 will also appear. "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season 2", which is set against the backdrop of Doldam Hospital and its real doctors, returns with Han Suk-kyu from the first season.

Another medical drama on its way is "A Wise Doctor's Life", directed by Sin Won-ho and written by Lee Woo-jeong-I. It tells the story of a hospital of doctors, nurses, and patients based on a hobby band made up of doctors. The cast so far are Jo Jung-suk, Yoo Yeon-seok, Kim Dae-myung and Jung Kyung-ho.

The second season of "Secret Forest" is coming out too. The cooperative story about a lonely prosecutor who doesn't feel any emotion and a just and warm detective is coming back this time as a story about the murder of a prosecutor and the truth behind it. "Secret Forest 2" is also led by Cho Seung-woo and Bae Doona.

• Like 3

Now we definitely must watch the Blue Dragon Awards.. tonight.. :lol:

Watch the streaming here  yes.gif

Blue Dragon Awards opening speech rehearsal.
#Koreanfilms100years #40thBlueDragonAwards

Fan highlight on twitter, BH at BDA rehearsal 

• Like 3

The streaming doesn't work for me tonight but here's the clip of Lee Byung Hun with the opening speech at the Blue Dragon Awards tonight, celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the Korean Cinema.. what an honor it is for Byunghun and clearly the perfect choice at that.

Thank you so much to the amazing fans sharing on twitter heart.gif the lifeline of LBH fans.. are indeed lifesavers..

20191121_1.jpg

But before that.. just before he went on stage, Byunghun-ssi was still posting on IG.. :lol:

See you in five minutes

• Like 3

November 23, 2019

“Ashfall”  A super star cast, dramatic scenario will challenge the box office.  (A translation)

asfall_b1.jpg

The 2019  year end blockbuster “Ashfall” recently held a production event.   Considering the cast of super strong actors and a plot with rich imagination, this movie has been very much anticipated ever since filming started.

asfall_b2.jpg

“Ashfall”  describes the story of Baekdusan, which is important to both South and North Korea and that may pose a threat.  The story also describes how an elite team worked together to prevent its last major eruption.  At the recent production report conference, with the exception of Ma Dong Seok, Ha Jung Woo, Lee Byung Hun, Jeon Hye Jin, Suzy and the Dirctors were present.

asfall_b3.jpg

On that day, the director said “Ashfall” was conceived seven to eight years ago and the script alone took thee years to write. The director feels that the main conditions must have a clear theme.  The next step is let the audience resonate and to like the subject matter.  Finally there has to be large scale shooting.

asfall_b4.jpg

As far as actors of this movies are concerned, the combination of superstars is unprecedented.   In order to stop the eruption of Baekdusan, Lee Byung Hun who plays the role of a first class agent hold decisive intelligence.  It is also the first time for him to play a North Korean. South Korea’s (Explosive Ordinance Disposal)  EOD expert, Jo In Chang, who is involved in covert operations, is played by Ha Jung Woo who exudes leadership charm. Ma Dong Seok, who did not attend the event that day, does not need to use his fists this time,  plays the role of a geology professor. Proposing to prevent the eruption of the volcano is Jeon Hye Jin, while Suzy plays the role of Ha Jung Woo’s wife.

asfall_b5.jpg

When Ha Jung Woo discussed “Ashfall”, he said,  “ Since it is a disaster movie, people's behavior and speech relative to the role is not that simple.   In addition, when chased by the disaster even if it is for 24 hours, you do not feel tired.  Coupled with humour and blunt responses in a disaster, I hope this is a new element in the movie.”   

asfall_b6.jpg

Lee Byung Hun also highly praised Ha Jung Woo for making a relatively simple scene more interesting by adding humour and more laughter.  Ha Jung Woo, on the other hand,  said Lee Byung Hun should be the master of black comedy.  Coupled with a deadpan expression and a low voice, seemingly it is a humourous feature.

asfall_b7.jpg

Ha Jung Woo also mentioned that when he learned that Suzy will play the role of his wife, he is very concerned that everyone will feel that the age gap is too big.  Unexpectedly he said: “ Dir. Kim Yong Hwa of <Along with the Gods> and his wife's age difference is even more.  As I do not see either of them having a generation gap problem, it gave me courgae to partner with Suzy “    Ha Hung Woo on-the-spot reaction is really too humourous!   “Ashfall” will be released as the final movie of the year in Taiwan by the end of 2019.

asfall_b8.jpg

Source:  https://www.koreastardaily.com/sc/news/122004

• Like 3

November 22, 2019

Lee Byung Hun & Ha Jung Woo To Load Year-End Thrill In Upcoming Movie “Ashfall”

By Christine | hellokpop.com

EAGERLY-AWAITED FILM, ASHFALL, IS READY TO PUMP UP KOREAN BOX OFFICE THIS WINTER!

D92EE742-B5D7-4102-AF51-4AEE0280991B-660x400.jpeg

Coming this December, disaster film, Ashfall will hit the theaters. Starring Lee Byung Hun and Ha Jung Woo, the movie is filled with immense storyline and characters. With these two bankable South Korean stars, making the film as one of the highly anticipated movies this 2019.

In an interview in Seoul on November 19, the top stars talk about their upcoming film. Here are some facts the actors shared about them and their movie Ashfall.

PLOT ROUGH SKETCH

Stopping a huge volcanic eruption of Mount Paektu is what the story of the film is all about. Moreover, it goes to a premise where the North Korea and South Korea work together to cease the huge catastrophe.

Lee Byung Hun will play the role of Lee Joon Pyeong, a North Korean spy agent; while Ha Jung Woo play suits up as Jo In Chan, captain of South Korean special forces.

LEE BYUNG HUN’S COMEBACK FILM

After two years, Ashfall is the first big screen project for Lee Byung Hun since his last comedy movie – Keys To The Heart. Since his debut in 1995, Lee has over 30 films under his catalog, but this new movie is his first movie that takes  disaster theme plot.

Lee shared, “I thought I have experienced a lot of film genres in my career. But ‘Ashfall’ is my first disaster film. It has inherent thrill and tension from beginning to end, which is crucial for a disaster movie.”.

In 2018, Lee starred in a Korean drama titled Mr Sunshine that is an action, military, historical, romance, war, tragedy themed series. In addition, he learned the North Korean accents, Chinese and Russian languages for this movie.

POWERHOUSE CREATIVE TEAM

Tagged as one of the most anticipated movies this year, Ashfall is produced by Dexter Studios. The production house is behind the blockbuster hit movie franchise Along With The Gods.

Aside from the big film studio, it also secures top-tier actor cast including Lee Byung Hun, Ha Jung Woo, Jeon Hye Jin, Bae Suzy and Ma Dong Seok.

TWO TOP-TIER ACTORS TEAM-UP

Collaborating for the film, Lee Byung Hun and Ha Jung Woo’s tandem is a first in the South Korean movie industry. Ha shared that their on-screen chemistry maximizes the intensity and friendship in the film.

MORE THAN JUST A STRESSFUL DISASTER FILM

Being new in the filmmaking industry, Ha Jung Woo has already directed four movies including Fasten Your Seatbelt and Take Point. He revealed that Ashfall characters deal  differently than the usual monotonous characters during a calamity.

Despite catastrophe and desperation, the characters of the film are not fixated in distress, anguish and survival. In spite of the calamity, the cast will show their wit and humorous sides that will create and deepen their camaraderie and friendship.

“I like this movie because the characters are not monotonous,” Ha said. “We don’t feel sad and frustrated around the clock. The movie catches that balance between frustration and humor,” He added.

Moreover, the film co-director, Kim Byung Seo shares that the movie concentrates on each character’s story who tries to protect their precious ones.

• Like 3

November 19, 2019

New Blockbusters Look to Heat Up Theaters During Winter Season
Korean Film Lineup for 2019 End-of-Year Period

by Pierce Conran KOFIC

RGtudoKXpZqDcgJqsigY.jpg

An eventful year for Korean cinema, which marked the industry’s centenary celebrations and produced the most successful and globally acclaimed Korean film of all time, is preparing to wind down but not before it unleashes its final wave of box office hopefuls during the busy end of year theatrical window.

From Extreme Job at the start of year to the late spring success of Palme d’Or winner PARASITE and the summer hit EXIT, Korean films have performed well throughout 2019. A slew of mid-sized titles such as KIM JI-YOUNG, BORN 1982, The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful and BLACK MONEY are currently dominating the charts in November and while Frozen 2 is expected to briefly shift the winds back in Hollywood’s favor for the rest of the month, Korean films are expected to perform well as we approach the new year. Even the mighty Disney is staying out of the way as they have pushed back the release of their tentpole Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker to January, which opens in late December elsewhere.

Late November has one more Korean thriller up its sleeve and while early December will trot out a few smaller releases, the heavy hitters are expected closer to Christmas. Below is a brief rundown of the final Korean titles to look forward to in 2019.

Bring Me Home

A Little Princess

Killed My Wife

START-UP

Forbidden Dream

Ashfall

Director LEE Hae-jun, KIM Byeong-seo
Cast LEE Byung-hun, HA Jung-woo, MA Dong-seok, BAE Suzy
Release Date December
Distributor/International Sales CJ Entertainment

rjp4.jpg

One of the biggest Korean releases of the year, disaster blockbuster Ashfall features huge star wattage with a cast that assembles LEE Byung-hun (Inside Men, 2015), HA Jung-woo (Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds, 2017), Don LEE (THE OUTLAWS, 2017) and BAE Suzy (Architecture 101, 2012) among many other recognizable faces.

Mount Baekdu suddenly erupts, which brings chaos to the Korean Peninsula. Under the guidance of team leader Jeon (JEON Hye-jin) and professor Kang (Don LEE), a special task force is jointly set up with a South Korean operative (HA Jung-woo) and a North Korean agent (LEE Byung-hun) to prevent any further catastrophes.

The film features Castaway on the Moon (2009) helmer LEE Hae-jun co-directing with KIM Byeong-seo, a cinematographer who also co-directed the action-thriller hit Cold Eyes (2013).

• Like 3

November 24, 2019

Lee Byung Hun's opening remarks at the 40th Blue Dragon Film Awards (a translation)

EJ5hbt2UEAI02vs?format=jpg&name=small

Hello everyone, I am actor Lee Byung Hun. Movies have has always been a dream for me.  When I was a child, I would often go to cinemas with my Dad,  a movie buff.  Thus launching my dream to become an actor.   I have now realized my dream of becoming an actor.  I am standing here as an actor to bring you special greetings.

Korean film scored its centenary this year.  100 years ago, in 1919, there is a movie theatre called Dansungsa located in Chungmuro.  That is where the film “The Righteous Revenge”  began.  Thereafter, the development of Korean cinema has never stopped in 100 years.   From silent movies to sound movies, black-and-white movies also added colour. More importantly, the audience's concern and support for Korean movies grew rapidly.

When the film “Seopyeonje”  first broke through 1,000,000 viewers mark in 1993, we saw hope in  Korean movies.  When “Silmido”  attracted a box office audience of over 10 million viewers, we are full of exciting memories.  Then “The Admiral: Roaring Currents”. had a record of 17,000,000 viewers which is rare in Korean film history.  Countless Korean movies that were created in the past 100 years have left different meanings for our lives:  tears, sweat, anger, comfort, laughter, memories, hope, love and dreams.   They have become an enormous gift to the hearts of our hard-working and tired people.

This year's 100th anniversary of Korean film will also accompany our life, sweat, dream and hope together.  We are full of thanks for these hundred years and will write a new future.  Together with our audience who love movies and all those in the film industry, let us be confident and proud of the future of Korean Cinema along with the 100-year history of Korean film.

The highest film award ceremony in the Republic of Korea:  the Blue Dragon Film Awards celebrates its 40th year.   I hope that the Korean films and the Blue Dragon Film Awards and all those in the film industry will witness the glory of the moment.   My greetings are coming to an end.

Source:  https://www.weibo.com/5219854830/IhqvLAaoz?type=comment

Special thanks to the Lee Byung Hun Chinese Fan Club for translating these remarks into Chinese.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@peonie Thank you so much Barbara for this wonderful translation courtesy the sharing of LBH Chinese FC. What a nice surprise to start the week with. Although BH has no nominations in the recent Blue Dragon awards and he wasn't expected to be there (or so we thought), it's indeed a great treat to see him delivering the opening remark on the topic most dear to him and the movie industry in Korea. Definitely the best choice for the job. yes.gif

Anyway, here's another link to watch the video of the opening note by Lee Byung Hun.

20191121_8.jpg

• Like 3

November 26, 2019

Illustration Poster Added for the Korean Movie "Ashfall"

Source: HanCinema.net

photo1127084.jpg

Original poster art by k_gallery_kwang

"Roar of the Paektu Mountain Tiger,
You must stop that last explosion! "
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What would it look like if Baekdusan, one of the most representative symbols of the Korean peninsula, exploded?
I remembered as though the tiger was roaring in anger.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What would Korea look like if Mt. Baekdu exploded?
We wonder how to deal with it.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Baekdusan is scheduled to be released in December.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
In the realistic and imaginative story of Mt. Paektu

To CG of Dexter Studio! I look forward to it in many ways :)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#Stop the last explosion

Spoiler

• Like 3

November 27, 2019

The key to warfare:   First class member of the North Korean Armed Forces,  Lee Jun Pyeong (a translation) 

* These are sentences  translated from a video and are not meant to be read as a whole paragraph.

Do you really believe that such a ridiculous plan will succeed?

A man who may seem shy but human.

Did I not tell you that you have to be careful if you do not remove my handcuffs?

But in some ways, he is very sharp.  A person who is much sharper than anyone’s intuition.

What is he really thinking?  I hope to be able to act with such doubts.

For the first time,  I am challenging the North Korean dialect and have Chinese lines.

I have a very interesting kid here. Hard

Being more agile than anyone.

Make the action as vivid as possible.

Courtesy of fh.yip a LBH fan. 

• Like 3

27/11 Some fan-clips on twitter from the SBS interview shown last night.

Have to say Lee Byung Hun and Ha Jung Woo have a great chemistry despite Ashfall being their first time working together. They're like longtime buddies.. even their laughter sounded similar. :D

Clips: Red Carpet @redcarpet_712

Google-gist: Q. What are you doing after Mt. Paektu? Movies ... because.. I'm a movie star. ㅋㅋ haha ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ :lol:

(Edited) LBH & HJW promised to do a mukbang session if ASHFALL crosses 100,000 ticket admission. dduck7.gif LOL, this is too easy!

Clip: 쉼표 @rmflrhdhsmf

• Like 3