Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

August 29, 2019

Song Kang-ho and Lee Byung-hun Are Starring in "Emergency Declaration"

Source: Sports Donga via HanCinema.net // Clip: KBS News

Song Kang-ho and Lee Byung-hun are starring in writer Han Jae-rim's "Emergency Declaration".

"Emergency Declaration" is an aviation term that describes the action of declaring an emergency to perform an unconditional landing when faced with a disaster and normal operation is no longer an option due to the captain's judgement.

The movie is a full-fledged aviation disaster drama that features a tense story and a colorful array of characters. Recently, Song Kang-ho and Lee Byung-hun confirmed their roles and started preparation for the production.

The meeting between Song Kang-ho, who won the Cannes Palme d'Or award for his film "Parasite", which opened in May this year, and actor Lee Byung-hun, who has been receiving love and support for his famous performances not limited to genre, raise expectations for the movie.

This is the fourth time Song Kang-ho and Lee Byung-hun are working together since "JSA - Joint Security Area", "The Good, the Bad, the Weird" and "The Age of Shadows".

• Like 2

The Barber of Seville on 29/8 again feat. a phone-call from little Joon Hoo with a one-word voice appearance of Appa. :lol: JH has the sweetest 'Ommaaaaaaa' on the phone. :wub:

Source: @AlatusDeus

Here the translation for the TBoS clip, ep 8. :)

JH: Ommaaaaaaa!
MJ: Joon Hoo-ya. :wub: Where is your dad?
JH: Pig. (showing something)
MJ Is it a pig? Were you watching a movie with your dad?
JH: Yes.
MJ: What movie?
JH: "Boss"
MJ: What?
JH: "Bolt".
MJ: "Moss"?
JH: "Bolt"
MJ: What?
JH: "Bolt"
MJ: "Bolt"?
JH: Yes.
Appa: "Bolt".
MJ: What is that?
JH: It's about dogs and people.
MJ: I see. Is there a movie about people and dogs?
I see. Did you have a meal?
JH: I did.

-♥-♥-♥-♥ KISSES ♥-♥-♥-♥-
JH: I took a bath too.
MJ: Oh really? Great job.
(She plays with her son by making funny facial expressions.)
MJ: Joon Hoo, how much.. do you miss me?
JH: I miss you.
MJ: I miss you too.
(Sending a kiss)
JH: But I love you. :wub:
MJ: But you love me? I love you too. How cute.
(His cuteness melts everyone's heart.)
(A phone call with her lovely son has recharged her energy.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Anyone wants to be an actor? av-4239.gif

Source: BH Entertainment

[The 1st Kakao M Actor Audition] The first integrated audition with Kakao M and the 6 best actors agencies in Korea 

Registration (?): 2019.09.09 – 10.06 
Eligibility: Born in 1984-2003, regardless of gender and nationality

• Like 2

Source: Dark Horizons

aeroplane.gif Emergency Declaration

Song Kang-ho (“Parasite”) and Lee Byung-hun (“G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra”) have confirmed they are joining “Emergency Declaration” at C-Jes Entertainment with Han Jae-rim directing. The disaster drama set in a plane and will boast suspenseful plot and colorful characteristics. Filming begins in the early half of 2020. [Source: Variety]

• Like 4

September 3, 2019

Most Users Watch TV on Their Smartphones

By Ku Bon-woo The Chosun Ilbo

Six out of 10 smartphone users use their phones to watch TV. The Korea Communications Commission polled 4,000 smartphone users, 2,000 computer users and 3,000 households with video on demand-enabled TVs.

Some 59.95 percent said they watch TV on their mobile phones, but only 26.2 percent watch on their computers.

Meanwhile, the most watched program on demand was costume romance "Mr. Sunshine" aired on cable channel tvN last year. 

2019090300480_0.jpg

Overall, SBS programs were the most watched on VOD, and entertainment programs were watched for the longest period of time.

Videos made specifically for smartphones were watched mostly by men and teenagers, and conventional TV programs were watched mostly by women and those in their 20s.

• Like 4

Source: @BillyRocks_13

Captain #LeeByungHun was selected as one of the #FacesOfKoreanCinema by StarNews with his critically acclaimed movie #InsideMen, among many others. Congratulations Ahn Sang-goo!!

http://naver.me/5IVTbGDM

This year is the #100thAnniversary of the Korean Cinema.From 'Loyal revenge in 1919 to #Parasite in 2019. 
Star news on its 15th anniversary, released the '#FacesOfKoreanCinema', loved by public over the years, with their acclaimed works.

Source: @MrSunshinePH18

Lee Byung Hun (Eugene Choi in #MrSunshine) is considered one of the pillars of Korean cinema in the present day.

He is the 1st Korean actor to be an Oscars presenter at the Academy Awards. Our dear captain is well-known in Hollywood with his role in G.I. Joe. #MRSWhatIsLove 

• Like 4

September 5, 2019

Kakao M To Hold Large-Scale Acting Audition With 6 Entertainment Agencies

Source: Soompi by Y. Shin

Kakao M To Hold Large-Scale Acting Audition With 6 Entertainment Agencies

Kakao M will be teaming up with various agencies to find the next Hallyu star!

On September 5, it was revealed that Kakao M will be holding the “Kakao M Actors Audition” with six management companies: Management SOOP, BH Entertainment, Awesome ENT, E&T Story Entertainment, J,Wide-Company, and King Kong by Starship, the acting division of Starship Entertainment. This will be the first time for large management companies housing the nation’s top actors to hold a combined audition to discover new actors.

Kakao M, which is actively carrying out its original video contents business, including TV dramas and digital short-form contents, expects to establish a “strong group of actors” along with its original lineup of 130 actors by discovering potential Hallyu stars with tremendous talent through the audition. In addition, the company is planning to secure original IPs for content and continue making investments to strengthen production capabilities. Kakao M will also create synergy with its prominent actors and actresses and secure a competitive edge in its unique video content.

A source from Kakao M stated, “In addition to original super-IPs and imaginative creators, actors who breathe life into the content are also very important factors that determine the competitiveness of original content. While fully supporting our existing actors’ challenges and growth, we are actively engaged in exploring new actors with potential and continuously expanding the influence of the group of actors.”

201909050929343811.jpg

Spoiler

The auditions will be conducted through four rounds with both an online application and offline acting screening, and experts from the six management companies will participate as judges.

The winner will have the chance to sign an exclusive contract with one of the respective management companies and appear in dramas and various videos produced by Kakao M.

Anyone born between 1984 and 2003 is eligible for the audition, and they will be able to apply through Kakao M’s homepage, Kakao M Actors’ social media account, and casting platform MUSE’s mobile application from September 9 until October 6. The first round of successful applicants will be notified individually starting from mid-October.

Source (1)

• Like 3

Earlier this week, there was a special show on SBS highlighting Martial Arts Director Jung Du Hong's 30-year experience in the industry. An interview with actor Lee Byung Hun was featured in the program as well. There's no English subs so far but here are the clips of BH talking about his good friend/stunt double, Dir. JDH. 

If not mistaken, they first met on the set of the movie 'Runaway' (1995). As the stuntman, JDH really resembled LBH a lot that many thought he did the stunt himself i.e. getting shot and hit by a car. From then on, BH realized their remarkable likeness to each other. ^_^

Clips: awesome_hyeminee

• Like 4

6/9 From The Barber of Seville ep 9 aired last night, thanks to ByungBlue on twitter for the highlight, translation from streaming.

(Min Jung is staring at something with dim eyes.)

Are you watching something about your child too?
MJ: Yes, it's a video.
(Emotional and affectionate)
I guess she misses her son.
Right.
(She wants to show them her son.)
Did you just talk to him on the phone?
MJ: No, his dad sent me this video. :wub:
Did he just send you this?
MJ: Yes.
(Focused)
(The 97 duo watches it with pleased eyes.)
He's all grown up.
MJ: He's excited.
How handsome.
He's pretty, his features are..

• Like 4

September 10, 2019

With exclusive literary titles, new e-book service seeks revival of book reading

By Park Boram

SEOUL, Sept. 10 (Yonhap) -- Millie's Library, a new e-book service provider, scored an immediate hit last year upon the release of its exclusive Korean-language audio translation of "Sapiens," a global bestseller, read and recorded in famous Korean actor Lee Byung-hun's baritone voice.

The abridged and annotated audio version of the book, by Israeli author Yuval Harari, drew 15,000 new subscribers to Millie's Library within a week of its release.

millie_ad10.jpg

Boosted by that success, the e-book distributor has employed an army of celebrities, like film director Park Chan-wook, old-school K-pop star Kim Dong-wan and actress Ku Hye-sun, to present and increase the allure of books through their voices.

This year, Millie's Library further solidified its lead in the burgeoning e-book market, with the launch of the new Millie Original project under which dozens of young, rising star writers released new literary works exclusive to the mobile-app or e-book reader-based service.

Spoiler

Last week, journalist-turned-novelist Chang Kang-myoung's new essay series kicked off its weekly 40-episode run exclusively on Millie's Library as the latest Millie Original title.

The essay series, whose first episode was released on Sept. 5, will hit Millie every Thursday with a new episode depicting the stories behind the podcast he operates with K-pop indie singer Yozoh.

It was the first non-fiction Millie Original title the company is publishing on its platform after 17 young Korean novelists unveiled their literary works in the experimental e-book project earlier in the year.

Cho Nam-joo, the author of "Kim Ji-young, Born in 1982," South Korea' first million-selling novel since 2009, released her latest book, "Do You Know Papa Bomnal," on Millie, becoming the first of the 17 writers to join the service's e-book publication project.

Including Cho, seven of them wrote under the Millie Original project's first novel series theme, "Landmark," followed by the second project "Monster."

Ten other novelists then took turns releasing a new novel every week under the theme, "Monster," for two months from early July, earning Millie rare recognition as a mobile literary publication platform. Among the authors are Djuna, Yun I-hyeong and the author of hit novel "Almond," Son Won-pyeong.

In another major program, Millie also engaged TV and YouTube entertainers, like singer Chang Ki-ha, or best-selling writers, like Lee Ki-joo, to share their reading lists and invite Millie users to share book reviews with a monthly subscription fee of 9,900 won (U$8.31) ,which comes with unlimited access to some 40,000 books and its original content.

"Chat Book" is another program available for access with the monthly subscription, a mobile chatting-inspired reading format that allows a new experience of reading to young readers accustomed to mobile conversation as a means of communication.

Such creative content pushed Millie's membership to some 1 million in less than four years since its launch in 2016.

By the end of this year, the company is also planning to expand its e-library to include nearly 50,000 titles and to have the biggest catalogue of best-selling and new books, according to Millie.

Millie's unusual success signals a major shift in the publishing industry and demonstrates the potential of e-books at a time when printed books are giving way to mobile video content as a means of disseminating information and spending leisure time.

"The vision of Millie's Library is to expand the common ground between reading and readers and to contribute to building the habit of reading," Millie's spokeswoman, Jeon Somee, said, adding that the company is seeking the revival of book reading.

"Millie is also preparing various special contents to help readers see reading as something familiar, that can be enjoyed on an everyday basis, and build their own habit of book reading," Jeon said.

pbr@yna.co.kr

• Like 3

A recent interview with Park Jung Min (while promoting his new 2019 movie) on JTBC talkshow, '1st Row from the Corner of My Room'. He mentioned about working with co-star Lee Byung Hun in 'Keys to The Heart'. The segment highlighted some behind-the-scenes footage from the movie, our thanks to mistymorning for the gist.

Clips: AlatusDeus

1st Row from the Corner of My Room (JTBC, 8/9/2019)

PJM talked about movie's ad-lib and although veteran actress Youn Yuh Jung is known to dislike ad-lib, she laughed so much during LBH's breakdance scene. On the other hand, BH really liked the scene where his brother went pooping outside which he gave out many ideas for it.

Those scenes featured were all ad-lib and using BH's ideas The hosts were saying that the ultimate (big) person entertainment shows should seek is definitely Lee Byung Hun. While the hosts were talking about general entertainment shows, the Korean caption was actually begging BH to be in their show. :) Considering that the captions are added later by PD of the show, it indicated the production staff’s intentions. Or similarly, adding the things that the hosts thought but didn’t say out loud.

• Like 4