Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

September 2, 2018

September Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Source: Soompi by eclipse01

Spoiler

September Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between August 2 and September 1.

Actress Kim Tae Ri topped this month’s list with a brand reputation index of 8,811,309. High-ranking phrases in her keyword analysis included “Mr. Sunshine,” “Lee Byung Hun,” and “Hong Seo Bum,” while her highest-ranking related terms included “pretty,” “cute,” and “neat.” Kim Tae Ri’s positivity-negativity analysis also revealed a score of 76.84 percent positive reactions.

Shin Hye Sun, who is currently starring in SBS’s “30 but 17,” took second place for the month with a brand reputation index of 6,834,107.

Han Ji Min, the leading lady of tvN’s “Familiar Wife,” followed at a close third with a score of 6,263,602.

Check out the top 30 for September below!

1. Kim Tae Ri
2. Shin Hye Sun
3. Han Ji Min
4. Lee Byung Hun
5. Kim Min Jung
6. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
7. Lee Yoo Ri
8. Im Soo Hyang
9. Cho Seung Woo
10. Clazziquai’s Alex
11. Park Sun Young
12. Song Ji Hyo
13. Kim Young Min
14. Yoon Doojoon
15. Hong Soo Hyun
16. Yang Se Jong
17. Lee Jin Wook
18. Ji Sung
19. Yoo Jae Myung
20. Lee Dong Wook
21. Lee Ha Na
22. Kwon Yool
23. Yoo Yeon Seok
24. Park Shi Hoo
25. Jo Woo Ri
26. Lee Ji Hoon
27. Lee Si Young
28. Byun Yo Han
29. Yoon Shi Yoon
30. Kang Han Na

Source (1)

• Like 4

Ah.. fooled by the preview again. th_bricks.gifThe scene showing Eugene all tied up was nothing to be feared, quite the opposite! But what a brilliant scene indeed. EC is knowingly helping Gunner Jang create a royal mess and they both know they can't avoid it. The expressions were spot on, Gunner Jang, beamingly mischievous and Eugene.. this is so not good! :P LJM should be lucky he doesn't know what it is.. and perhaps, will never know about it ever.

Welcome to the thread @Ahpheng and thank you for the message, I appreciate it very much. Good to see your c-strips back in action, too and Congratulations for exceeding the 200th strip. An awesome feat. of happy sharing that brought big smiles to everyone! Well done and keep on strip-ping! :lol:

Back to ep. 17, it's a pity that EC now faces the (ultimate?) betrayal of a friend. Wonder if the Japanese Colonel (can't remember his name) was really close to Eugene... somewhat like Kyle. I hope not, it's such a disheartening situation when he was proudly flaunting his knowledge of Korean to claim his nation's colony... pretty arrogant indeed. :angry: Obviously the good relationship back in NY meant nothing at all.

It's a well-meant gesture of Eugene to visit Hee Sung's mother to let her know that he has nothing against her son. It's also for her to know that EC kept his promise, he wasn't the one telling HS about the past.. he never let slip not even one detail about the incident until HS found out about it by himself. The ornament was the last thing given to EC by his mother, although not her own, it became hers as Eugene held on to it for many years as a motivation for him to survive in America. I think Lady Yun is commendable for her action, she stood up owning the responsibility of what happened 30 years ago and bowed down to atone for their mistakes. That's why Eugene wants her to support Hee Sung, in reminiscence of his own mother protecting him to the end of her life. Even without his forgiveness, Eugene wants Lady Yun to have her closure as well.

So far, these are the scenes that I remember the most from last night, but I need to watch the drama again and make some GIFS, too. ^_^

Found a cool sharing from a LEGO collector who had this in his collection passed down from his father & grandfather. Just perfect for Captain Eugene Choi! :wub:

Credit: Dong-Uck Kong

• Like 4

September 2, 2018

"Mr. Sunshine" Lee Byung-hun becomes alert in front of Kim Nam-hee

Source: HeraldCorp via HanCinema.net

photo998848.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "Mr. Sunshine", Takashi (Kim Nam-hee) approached Eugene Choi (Lee Byung-hun).

Eugene Choi witnessed a teacher from the school with Takashi at Glory Hotel. They looked like they were having a meal together, but it was actually an interrogation. When Eugene asked about it, Takashi said, "An official from Japan doesn't treat women recklessly".

Takashi claimed the teacher had caused instigation and Eugene asked if that was real. The teacher had said Japan isn't an outstanding country just because it was civilized faster and that no one could interfere with Joseon sovereignty, but Takashi was vicious and told her to get on with her missionary work.

Eugene told him, "You just made a big mistake. You won't be going to Heaven now". When Takashi asked when he was going to buy drinks, Eugene said, "When you're not busy. I'm busy because of you". When Takashi said he was going to let the teacher go, Eugene asked if he did that because he had plans for the night.

Meanwhile, Takashi was discovered to be part of the second most influential family in Japan.

20180902b.jpg

• Like 3

Source: DDOBOJA

Mr. Sunshine Roundup: Episode 17 + 18

0000893617_001_20180901221424359.jpg

Original Source (X Sports News via Naver): 'Mr. Sunshine' Lee Byung Hun shoots a gun at Kim Eui Sung, "Killing you isn't even work"

Nationwide rating for episode 17: 7.694% (cr. Nielsen Korea)

1. [+2131, -74] Eugene Choi, I'm sorry.. Because today's Korea-Japan soccer match.. let's meet tomorrow..
↪ [+13, -1] I'm sorry too..
↪ [+1, -0] You too? Me too
↪ [+29, -1] I'll watch it for you instead

2. [+593, -21] I missed you. But I have to watch the soccer match today... see you....

3. [+312, -24] Eugene Choi is so f***ing cool ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Let's only walk a love path with Ae Shin ㅠ

4. [+235, -8] I didn't watch soccer and chose Eugene~~ ^^ They scored a goal as soon as the drama ended ^^

0003856129_001_20180902220514260.jpg?type=w540

Original Source (OSEN via Naver): 'Mr. Sunshine' Lee Byung Hun to Byun Yo Han, who broke off his engagement, "I'll protect Kim Tae Ri no matter what"

1. [+555, -4] I feel like the actor who speaks Korean awkwardly is daebak.. He's Korean but imagine how much he practiced... Seriously daebak (t/n: They're talking about actor Kim Nam Hee who plays Takashi Mori)

2. [+353, -11] I feel bad for Hee Sung ㅡㅜ

3. [+285, -10] Has Byun Yo Han always been this handsome (t/n: Yes)

4. [+120, -8] Eugene is so cool

• Like 3

August 25, 2018

Love Blooms Ardent Colors In Netflix’s “Mr. Sunshine”
SECRET EXCHANGE OF MESSAGES, IMPROMPTU CITY SIGHTSEEING, AND YOU-AND-ME-RIVER-BOAT-CRUISE HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE ROMANTIC UNTIL THE MAIN LOVE COUPLE OF MR. SUNSHINE GRACE ENDEARING FRAMES FOR THE DRAMA’S FOLLOWERS.

By abbyinhallyuland | HELLOKPOP

ms263.jpg

Past the mid point of Mr. Sunshine, distinct love lines and one-sided affections are slowly enveloping the historical heavy plot of the series strengthening more the already imaginative approach of tvN’s high-rated period series.

Based on the period of Shinmiyangyo, or the U.S. expedition to Korea in the late 19th century, Mr. Sunshine tells the story of Eugene, a boy born into a family of slaves who then runs away to board an American warship after witnessing his parents forced to death by the aristocrat family that they served.

He returns 30 years later as a U.S. marine officer to his home of Choseon, which is now in need of his help. Ae-sin, on the other hand, is the daughter of an aristocrat whose love for Choseon outweighs everything else leading her to join a secret group aiming for the freedom of the nation.

ms259.jpg
Lee Byung-hun as Eugene Choi in Mr. Sunshine (Photo Courtesy of Hwa&Dam/Netflix)

ms260.jpg
Kim Tae-ri as Go Ae-sin in Mr. Sunshine (Photo Courtesy of Hwa&Dam/Netflix)

FATED MEETING

From their first encounter on a rooftop eyeing the same target, the two has constantly met in different occasions relating to the political conflicts surrounding the country which Ae-sin’s group and Eugene’s position as an American captain keep getting involved.

The two grow fond of each other as Ae-sin admires the Korean-looking American who seems to have a knack of choosing the right decisions. Eugene meanwhile develops feeling for the noble lady for being the first aristocrat who treated him as a human being.

AE SIN’S LOVE PROPOSAL

Ae-sin’s curiosity in the foreign language that Eugene speaks triggers her to take English lessons, and she accidentally tells Eugene for them to try the word “love”, not knowing what the word means. Eugene casually accepts, and even after Ae-sin finds out what the word means and is filled with embarrassment, they become closer to each other, leading to Eugene’s confession of him being born into a family of slaves in Choseon before running away to America.

While their secret love for each other grows deeper, they are saddened by the fact that Ae-sin’s love for the troubled country of Choseon is her top priority, with Eugene handing a new rifle to his beloved in support of her unwavering patriotism, and stepping back to pursue romance with her.

THE WOMAN CHERISHED BY ALL

Enraptured by Lady Ae-sin’s tenacity, elegance and devotion to her beloved country, aside from Eugene, her fiance Hee Sung (Byun Yo Han) and samurai Dong Mae (Yoo Yeon Seok) also vouch to protect the dauntless woman who accepted them for who they are. The three who shared indifferent feelings toward the country who has never given them a happy memory get entangled to Ae Sin’s fight in different motivations.

ms261.jpg
Lee Byung-hun as Eugene Choi in Mr. Sunshine (Photo Courtesy of Hwa&Dam/Netflix)

ms262.jpg

Kim Tae-ri as Go Ae-sin in Mr. Sunshine (Photo Courtesy of Hwa&Dam/Netflix)

The 24-episode weekly Korean hit drama created by the writer and director of Descendants of the Sun and Goblin, continues to build on the sad love story between two people born into different environment and social classes whose strong affection for each other defy their opposing views in saving their native country.

Catch up the beautiful story of love and patriotism of Mr. Sunshine on Netflix on the same day of its Korean broadcast every Saturday and Sunday.

All photos provided by Netflix PH.

• Like 3

August 30, 2018

KEYS TO THE HEART 5-day screening in Hawaii

via

K-Drama Weekly Update: 08-30-18

By Jeff Chung/K-Drama | West Hawaii Today

The Honolulu Museum of Art is celebrating Korean cinema beginning Saturday at Doris Duke Theatre with the opening night film “Little Forest.” There are a total of 12 feature films which will run until Sept. 25. The titles are: “Little Forest,” “The Age of Blood,” “Keys to the Heart,” “Hit the Night,” “Beautiful Vampire,” “Believer,” “The Accidental Detective,” “The Accidental Detective 2,” “Microhabitat,” “On the Beach at Night Alone,” “Claire’s Camera” and “The Day After.” Kwon Sang Woo fans will be happy his film “The Accidental Detective” is in the program while Lee Byung Hun fans are happy that “Keys to the Heart” is also in the program. The Korean cinema is sponsored by Korea Foundation and KBFD. For more information please visit: www.honolulumuseum.org.

Source: Honolulu Museum of Art // IG

Film:
Keys to the Heart • 그것만이 내 세상

Showtimes:
Thursday Sep 06 01:00 PM 
Saturday Sep 08 01:00 PM 
Sunday Sep 09 04:00 PM 
Thursday Sep 13 07:30 PM 
Wednesday Sep 19 07:30 PM 

Price:
Museum members: $10.00 
General Admission: $12.00