Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

July 24, 2019

Byung Hun-ssi posted a portrait of himself taken by the famous Studio Harcourt based in Paris, well known for taking black and white photos of celebrities. 

Source:  LBH's instagram

• Like 3

Now that Mount Baekdu has finished filming, fans are speculating Byunghun's whereabouts right now. Is he in Paris based on the throwback photo posted on his IG today? dontknow.gif And MJ is also quiet after her Bali trip.. the family is very likely taking a break in LA.. as they have their new house there.

So..  where is The Man Standing Next?176.gif

There's a group photo of Baekdusan cast & crew after filming ended posted on this twitter thread (click on tweet/link to expand) but the 3 male leads were not in the capture.

Source: @BillyRocks_13

• Like 3

July 25, 2019

BAEKDUSAN filming ends and set for a Winter premiere

Source: News1 // Interview365 // Yonhap ++ (Google-gist)

20190725_w.jpg

The disaster-thriller 'Baekdusan', a new film by Dexter Studio, that produced the series 'With the Gods', featuring the cast of Lee Byung Hun, Ha Jung Woo, Ma Dong Seok, Jeon Hye Jin and Suzy, has finally finished filming on July 21.

Mount Baekdu which started shooting on February 17th, cranked up after the filming schedule of 5 months, filled with passionate energy of the actors and staffs. 'Baekdusan' draws the stories of those who wanted to prevent the mountain's last explosion, which would be the catastrophic disaster that swallows both the South and North Korea.

Lee Byung Hun portrays a secret agent of the North Korean Armed Forces, who holds decisive information to prevent the last explosion of Baekdu Mountain. He is expected to express his three-dimensional character with unique charisma and acting ability. 

Lee Byung Hun said, "Since movies are done by a group of people who love movies so much that they always wanted good results, I think the (filming) process is as important as the results.

'Baekdu Mountain' was filmed very meaningfully and I hope that you will expect as much as the movie which has various stories, " said Ha Jung Woo. "I had a lot of dangerous shots, but I am grateful to have done so well."

• Like 3

July 25, 2019

HanCinema's News: "Mt. Baekdu" Finishes Shooting

By William Schwartz HanCinema.net

photo1085370.jpg

As of July 21st, the upcoming major film "Mt. Baekdu" has finished shooting. "Mt. Baekdu" stars Ha Jung-woo, Suzy, Lee Byung-hun, and Ma Dong-seok in a massive effort to try and prevent the titular mountain from erupting.

"Mt. Baekdu" represents a major moment for all four of these major actors. It's Ha Jung-woo's first major motion picture following his recent prominence in the production side of South Korean film. It's the first film for Suzy since she changed to an agency more in line with her acting career ambitions. It's Lee Byung-hun's first film since appearing in the drama "Mr. Sunshine", and it's Ma Dong-seok's first ensemble piece having appeared in a long string of movies as the major star.

"Mt. Baekdu" had been filming for five months and the actors were relieved that their part in the movie's production was finally over. Lee Byung-hun has noted that for all the power of the cast, he thought the process and the results of filming were what was important. He was hopeful that the film's diverse stories would be well communicated.

Ha Jung-woo also said that there were many dangerous scenes in the movie. He expressed thankfulness that the shooting resolved safely, and promised to do his best as necessary for the next stage of the film's production. It is unknown how long the editing process will take, but "Mt. Baekdu" is currently expected to field a theatrical release sometime in winter.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 3

July 27, 2019

An excerpt from the interview at the Opening of Lee Byung Theatre and Pavilion.  (a translation)

n13.jpg

LBH:  To share this historial moment with you, I am really thankful.

Q:   Let’s just talk about this movie “ Baekdusan “

LBH:  After wrapping up “Mr. Sunshine”, I completed the filming of two movies.  “Baekdusan” (literal meaning: White Mountain) took four months and two days to film and my part in the movie wrapped up yesterday.     This is a movie that I immediately took up after completing the shooting of “The Man Standing Next” ( The Ministers of Namshan (South Mountain), so I will be very curious about what “Mountain” I will shoot later (laugh)

Q:  What do you think of the many photos and articles related to yourself?

LBH:  Because the theatre would be named after me, I started to prepare a little bit when I was filming.  However, I didn’t find too many photos.  Having been a long term actor, whenever I used my childhood photos, I gave them out and got them back, except I forgot where I put them.  Although my mother and I tried to find them some of my funny childhood photos that we can share, what we found were less that we have originally  anticipated.  Fortunately, the venue is very beautiful, so I was very gratified  to see it just now.

Q: At the Star Chair event, this sign appeared.  At the “Mr. Sunshine” review site, this sign also appeared  and even reached your instagram.  Can you please tell us how you felt at that time?   

LBH:  When I learned that I shall have a personal theatre/ pavilion, I was overjoyed and unconsciously made this sign.   I felt very honoured.

Q:  This is the fifth filmmaker with an individual pavilion after Ahn Sung Ki, Park Chan Wook, Im Kwon Taek and Kim Ki Young.  It is the second one among the actors.  Do you think you have the sufficient qualifications?  Does  everybody think so?  On one hand, you may feel burdened as it is not common to have a personal pavilion at a young age. On the other hand, you have to bear some responsibilities. How do you think about it?    

LBH:  The sense of responsibility that comes with it is a good thing. On the contrary, I shall bear  the burden when choosing a script or shaping a character. But I still think that there are more positives:  I will carefully select scripts and try to be a better actor.

Q:  When shooting a movie, your  instagram will stop working for a long time.  However, after this long silence, the photo uploaded was actually for promotion purposes!!  Why upload such a photo?

LBH: I was playing with the figurines at home at that time. I didn't expect it to be so interesting.  Therefore,the results were shot.  One of them is holding the other one. It is difficult to find the center of gravity for the fugurine to stand still. All this hard worked was filmed by my manager.  (fans please send it!!) will be uploaded to instagram.

Q:  I understand 5 figurines are displayed.   There is one thing that will surprise us, please explain.

LBH: Among the five figurine characters, Storm Shadow and Gwanghae can be bought and I took them from my office. The remaining three are gifts from Byun Yo Han.  They are Ahn Sang Goo, A Bitter Sweet Life’s Sun Woo and President Jin.  When I shot “Mr. Sunshine”, I met Byun Yo Han for the first time.  He said, “Sunbae, I have your figurine characters, I made them myself."  I later learned that the production of figurine characters is his interest.  It was my first time to meet someone who makes figurine characters and with whom we are acting together.  I was surprised when I heard it.  It’s amazing. I didn’t expect to show them to everyone in this way.  In the process of preparing the pavilion, I consulted Yo Han and sought his permission to display his figurines.  He said it is an honour.

Grateful thanks to NN of LBH CFC.

Source:  https://www.weibo.com/u/5219854830?is_all=1

• Like 3

July 26, 2019

Action Film Starring Ha Jung Woo, Lee Byung Hun, Suzy, And More Wraps Up Filming

Source: Soompi by L. Kim

Upcoming film “Mount Baekdu” (literal title) has wrapped up filming!

Featuring a star-studded cast of Lee Byung Hun, Ha Jung Woo, Ma Dong Seok, Jeon Hye Jin, and Suzy, the story revolves around people fighting to prevent the impending eruption of the Mount Baekdu volcano in North Korea.

Lee Byung Hun will play a North Korean agent named Ri Jun Pyeong who is trying to block the eruption. He was a top agent but was jailed for spying. Lee Byung Hun is expected to showcase his unique charisma and acting skills through the character.

On the other hand, Ha Jung Woo will take on the role of a member of South Korea’s EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) team named Jo In Chang. He will lead the film with his masculine and down-to-earth charms as he portrays a character who was put into a risky operation where everyone’s fate is at stake.

Ma Dong Seok plays Kang Bong Rae, a geology professor who has predicted the eruption of Mount Baekdu and studied countermeasures for it. Jeon Yoo Kyung, the charismatic South Korean government official who proposes an operation to prevent the last eruption of Mount Baekdu, will be played by Jeon Hye Jin, and Jo In Chang’s wife Seo Ji Young, who remains alone in Seoul to face the massive disaster when her husband is deployed to the operation, will be portrayed by Suzy.

“Mount Baekdu” started filming on February 17, and after five months of acting with passionate energy, the movie finally finished filming on July 21. Lee Byung Hun said, “Although I always hope for good results because films are created by people who love them, I think the process is as important as the outcome. ‘Mount Baekdu’ was filmed very meaningfully, and I hope you will look forward to it as it is a movie with a lot of different stories.”

Ha Jung Woo commented, “We’re finally closing the curtain after about five months. There was some dangerous filming, but I am thankful that we finished safely. I will do my best until the end and also work hard on the post-production so we can greet you with an enjoyable film.”

“Mount Baekdu” will hit theaters this winter.

Source (1)

• Like 3

The writer can definitely add Lee Min Jung to the list as well. Watching her in 'The Barber in Seville,' the real life MJ is girlish but confident and speaks English well to communicate with the locals. BH and MJ spend a lot of time in LA and travelling together, their language skills are certainly on a commendable level & getting even better each time.

July 28, 2019

13 Korean Actors And Actresses You Didn’t Know Speak English

Source: Soompi by binahearts

The only time we really see a Korean celebrity speaking English is during a random scene in a K-drama where the actor has to engage in conversation with someone who speaks English. Sometimes the pronunciation is pretty flawless, and sometimes it’s not so perfect.

Regardless of this, we’re pretty forgiving because English isn’t their first language. I mean, it’s not easy being bilingual! That’s why it’s always a pleasant surprise when you come across a random clip or video online with a Korean celebrity speaking English. It’s even more impressive when said celebrity is pretty darn fluent! Here are 13 Korean actors and actresses who you might not have known are good at English.

1. Choi Woo Shik

2. Park Min Young

3. Han Ye Seul

4. Lee Byung Hun

Lee-Byung-Hun-1.jpg

This may be an obvious one as Lee Byung Hun has been in several Hollywood films, showcasing his English skills. The cool thing about this particular actor is that he never actually lived in the States, but instead studied it on his own! He’s also pretty fluent in French as he graduated from university with a degree in it. So impressive!

Check out this interview of him when he starred in “G.I Joe Retaliation”:

5. Shin Se Kyung

6. Lee Seo Jin

7. Cha In Pyo

8. Kang Sora

9. Bae Doona

10. Kim Ji Suk

11. Ahn Hyo Seop

12. Gong Yoo

13. Jung Ryeo Won

• Like 3

@peonie, thank you so much Barbara for the lovely interview highlight and the wonderful translation from LBH Theater Opening Event, much gratitude to the Chinese fan translating these. It's really good to finally able to understand the Q&As. There're more new things we learn about BH, his work, family and friends through his response.

It does look like Byunghun and his family are in LA right now. Their friend just posted photos with Minjung while BH attending some work commitment there. Hope both of them plus friends will post more photos from this trip.

Photos: T1ny

Spoiler

cute_chick.gif Now that BH has finished filming the two movies, fans are highly anticipating his next project. Will it be in Hollywood or another one in Korea.. movie or drama?

• Like 3

July 29, 2019

"An essay that Lee Byung Hun wrote to himself"  (a Translation )

1207_15.jpg

At the interview of the Opening of the Lee Byung Hun Theatre, the interviewer asked him about a hand written essay that was displayed at the Lee Byung Hun Pavilion.

Byung hun-ssi said  " A writer requested me to write something that I said to myself".  

"Even if you want to try hard growing up, please do not feel ashamed if you are criticized for not knowing anything.

Sometimes, during innocent teenage years, one appears ignorant and  pure.  It is the unrestricted embodiment of the mind.

Instead, I felt that the simple thoughts and frame of mind at the time.

If you still keep it today, it’s a smart thing.  Maybe that can become an unexpected super weapon in your life.

Sometimes adult, and sometimes teenager. "

https://youtu.be/AXgIecekqiM

• Like 3

July 27, 2019

July Male Advertisement Model Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

Source: Soompi by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has announced this month’s brand reputation rankings for male advertisement models!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of consumer behavior, using big data collected from June 25 to July 26. The Korean Business Research Institute evaluated the participation, communication, media, and social values of 50 male advertisement models in order to calculate each star’s total brand reputation index for July.

Spoiler

Soccer star Son Heung Min and celebrity chef Baek Jong Won topped the list for the second consecutive month, maintaining their positions at No. 1 and No. 2 respectively. Son Heung Min scored a total brand reputation index of 1,619,269 for July, while Baek Jong Won enjoyed a 39.37 percent increase in his score for a total index of 1,057,421.

Actor Ma Dong Seok took third place in the rankings with a brand reputation index of 783,190, marking an impressive 71.69 percent rise in his score since May (the last time the rankings were calculated).

Finally, Kang Daniel came in at a close fourth with a brand reputation index of 764,053, while Gong Yoo rose to fifth place with a score of 535,631 for July.

Check out this month’s top 30 below!

1. Son Heung Min
2. Baek Jong Won
3. Ma Dong Seok
4. Kang Daniel
5. Gong Yoo
6. Park Seo Joon
7. Yoo Jae Suk
8. Jung Hae In
9. Park Bo Gum
10. Lee Si Eon
11. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
12. Jo Jung Suk
13. Hyun Bin
14. Kang Ho Dong
15. Yeo Jin Goo
16. Lee Jung Jae
17. Jo Se Ho
18. Ryu Jun Yeol
19. Ha Jung Woo
20. Lee Byung Hun
21. Kim Sang Joong
22. Jun Hyun Moo
23. Kim Jong Min
24. Kim Jong Kook
25. Bae Jung Nam
26. Shin Dong Yup
27. Lee Dong Wook
28. Won Bin
29. Yoo Hae Jin
30. Ji Jin Hee

Source (1)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, peonie said:

July 29, 2019

"An essay that Lee Byung Hun wrote to himself"  (a Translation )

1207_15.jpg

At the interview of the Opening of the Lee Byung Hun Theatre, the interviewer asked him about a hand written essay that was displayed at the Lee Byung Hun Pavilion.

Byung hun-ssi said  " A writer requested me to write something that I said to myself".  

"Even if you want to try hard growing up, please do not feel ashamed if you are criticized for not knowing anything.

Sometimes, during innocent teenage years, one appears ignorant and  pure.  It is the unrestricted embodiment of the mind.

Instead, I felt that the simple thoughts and frame of mind at the time.

If you still keep it today, it’s a smart thing.  Maybe that can become an unexpected super weapon in your life.

Sometimes adult, and sometimes teenager. "

https://youtu.be/AXgIecekqiM

@peonie Very good translation!:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing:wub:

• Like 3

July 30, 2019

Thank you @rubie for posting this piece from Twitter.    We must thank the translator!!

What an amazing interview!    We have not seen such depth in an interview for a long time.  The interviewer must be a LBH fan  to ask such intelligent and direct questions that revealed so much.   I agree 100% that Byung Hun -ssi has kept some childlike qualities.  This explains his spontaneity in his responses and his willingness to reveal things that other actors may not be willing to share. 

• Like 3

On 7/30/2019 at 9:57 PM, peonie said:

July 30, 2019

Thank you @rubie for posting this piece from Twitter.    We must thank the translator!!

What an amazing interview!    We have not seen such depth in an interview for a long time.  The interviewer must be a LBH fan  to ask such intelligent and direct questions that revealed so much.   I agree 100% that Byung Hun -ssi has kept some childlike qualities.  This explains his spontaneity in his responses and his willingness to reveal things that other actors may not be willing to share. 

Absolutely agree with you Barbara! The interviewer must be a LBH fan, to be able to ask all the right and precise questions. yes.gif We continue to learn about the actor and person from this wonderful Q&A article. Just like yourself at the thread, Ms. BillyRocks_13 on twitter translating this has done a superbly wonderful job in sharing what every fan is hoping for. To truly understand what it's all about and the in-depth answers revealed by Byunghun especially.

The clip posted by Lotte Cinema on the Opening of Lee Byung Hun Theater is priceless sharing. :wub: It's quite an extensive space allocated for the museum or rather a designated pavilion displaying the significant movie items leading to the personalized movie theater. 

Indeed it is an amazing tribute to an amazing actor! Truly deserving, BH! kaoani_whiteball_01.gif

20190712t.gif

• Like 3