Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

th_zz_searchdoc.gifRelated LBH-Millie excerpt only.

Full article at INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

February 7, 2019

Cars, clothes, beer and books delivered to your door
Owning’s out and loaning’s in as subscription services prove popular in Korea

millie_ad4.jpg

Following the lead of Netflix and music apps, subscription services that offer members exclusive access to their vast content libraries are also growing in number.

In October 2017, start-up Millie’s Library launched the first unlimited e-book subscription service in the country, giving users access to all 30,000 online books available on the platform. Its “Reading Book” service - where celebrities introduce international and domestic best sellers in an audiobook format -helped Millie’s Library reach a broad user demographic. Some 15,000 members tuned into actor Lee Byung-hun reading bits of Yuval Harari’s “Sapiens” within the first week after it was released last November.

Published on Mar 8, 2019 by Millie's Library

Before bed, listen to Millie's book reading by Lee Byung Hun (15-sec)

• Like 6

If not mistaken, Byunghun & Minjung enjoyed Valentine's dinner at a Chinese restaurant in Seoul. Seems that the couple is taking a break in LA now that MJ has finished her drama. Probably explains the early birthday party with her friends on 2/13. BHMJ likely celebrating the birthday (2/16) together in LA.

Photo posted by their good friend, Hyunseok Choi.

• Like 6

February 15, 2019

Lee Byung Hun and family en route to LA

Source: SPOTVNEWS ++

265347_326233_2609.jpg

On the evening of the 15th, Lee Byung-hun and Lee Min-jung departed from Incheon International Airport for a vacation in LA.

There were at least 2 news videos but because JH's face can be seen, the footage are now unavailable. He's such a big boy for his age and looking very happy to travel with his parents.

Two news clips, click on links to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22D2D3Qw2SE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl9k88K-bIk

201902160246263510_1.jpg

Spoiler

201902160257513510_1.jpg

• Like 5

On 2/13/2019 at 10:00 PM, kansas424 said:

@mistymorning  Misty, is this the first time LBH attended fan-sharing event? It seems like he enjoyed it thoroughly, hopefully he will attend more events of similar nature hehe

@kansas424, I think he does attend such events frequently esp for his works, and seems to enjoy them always. I love Masquerade one where they did Thanks viewers event for 10M ticket sales.

• Like 5

These clips were on YT before but became unavailable. Here's the version on twitter shared by fans. The media have now edited out/blurred the visual of JH's face. BH was walking ahead much faster than usual so that the cameras doesn't focus on his son.

But somehow, they still tried to film MJ and JH (with a manager?) who were walking behind and it's really getting too much when they had to run to avoid the media. :angry:

• Like 4

February 19, 2019

Thank you @rubie   for posting The Making of JMsolution TVCF and Interview feat Lee Byung Hun.    I just loved Byung Hun-ssi's  attitude.  Promoting products and filming CFs are part of his job.  Yet, he seemed to be enjoying himself and having a lot of fun!  

• Like 5

@peonie Absolutely agree with you, Barbara. The reason Lee Byung Hun is successful and well-respected in the industry is because of his professional,  positive and hardworking attitude. He doesn't just go and do his job, he takes part actively in giving ideas and always creating a warm working atmosphere plus he listens well to the PD, too despite his top star status. 

This is another heartwarming mention that was highlighted by the Korean media last week. In the tvN talkshow Life Bar (aka Tipsy Talk) episode 110, the guests were veteran actresses Kim Young Ok, Kim Soo Mi and Park Jun Keum. During their conversation about Hollywood, BH was mentioned & highly praised.

To watch the whole episode (HERE - LBH mention at 21:21 time-mark). Anyway, here's a rough transcript of what they talked about Lee Byung Hun in the show. Watching this really gives us the idea just how proud of them seeing Byunghun going to Hollywood because it's really no easy feat to achieve and he did it. We sure hope BH will be able to take it a step higher because we know he can really deliver what was thought not achievable before.

lb_110_1.jpg

Kim Soo Mi: So, I always think Lee Byung Hun is amazing
He really works hard.
I agree
He's really...
Park Jun Keum: So what happened was, I went to Hollywood. You know where those handprints are.
Yes, I do.
Those star-shaped frames
I know that.
It was on that street.
I walked down that street, and went to this area..for 'The Oscars"..
As soon as I got there, I saw Byung Hun's handprint on the left.
I heard it's there.
Looking at it, I teared up all of the sudden.
I get it.
You would feel that way.
It must have been hard for him.
It's admirable.
You were very proud of him.
I was.
You would be proud.
I really felt that way.
I also found out that he didn't write it in English.
He wrote, "Korean Actor, Lee Byung Hun",
KSM: Just listening to it makes me feel emotional.
PJK: I even took a photo of it.
I got goosebumps.
Shin Dong Yup (host): I've met Song Seung Heon and Lee Byung Hun often since we were young. In the mid-1990s, even when Seung Heon and I were having fun, Byung Hun never stopped studying.
So I asked, "Why would you study so hard at this age?"
We couldn't even imagine working in Hollywood back then.
It was the mid-1990s.
That's right.
Nobody would have thought that.
Of course.
But even then,
Even then he thought he would do it.. one day
That's right.
You always have to be ready.
So I think what he's done is amazing.
But back then, I thought like, 
"You think you can really get a part in Hollywood?"
You would have thought so back then.

lb_110_2.jpg

• Like 5

Wonder if BH is attending the Oscars this Sunday? He brought quite a lot of luggage (for the family) so, it's likely a pretty long break and busy days with some work+events as well.

Minjung also posting the image of LA sky..

• Like 5

This is a nice interview with good English subs, with mentions of Lee Byung Hun, Masquerade and The Fortress. Almost an hour long clip but very insightful from the movie make-up artist's perspective. (related updates at the Masquerade thread)

Published on Feb 21, 2019 by ARIRANG TV

The INNERview Ep.284 - Creating the face of cinema - Taehee CHO | Makeup Director 

thc_1.jpg

thc_2.jpg

• Like 5