Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

On 8/2/2018 at 3:19 AM, Susie Derkins said:

@rubie Thank you for the warm welcome dear. I have been a silent lurker here. I will be honest that LBH was not the first reason I started watching Mr Sunshine but now he is the one I am rooting for the most. I just can't get enough of his acting skills and how HOT he looks. 

I have watched almost all his movies and love it. Masquerade, Master, inside men and Joint Security area being my favorites. I have been looking to watch his once in summer and keys to heart but I guess they are not available online. If you have a link, I would appreciate it very much. And Thank you once again. :wub:

I love JSA as well, it's my Korean film 101. :D Also A Bittersweet Life and Addiction plus I Saw the Devil. Honestly I could not make myself watch the gruesome parts (had 10 fingers up to constantly cover my eyes if I could not FF fast enough).. but the ruthless action and revenge by LBH's character was totally well-delivered by the actor. 

Spoiler

You can watch OAIS here and Keys to the Heart here (it's raw) but if dl-ed, the subs can be found here.

On 8/2/2018 at 10:25 AM, skinnyjeans said:

Thanks for the warm welcome @rubie and @peonie. Have checked out the link, and surely will check it more. Thanks also for the recommendations, I think I will watch them each day til Saturday and Sunday come! He's indeed addictive! LOL. 

We try to update the website as fast as we can but currently with MR.SUNSHINE airing, we're taking time to enjoy watching the drama. ^_^ It's not often that Lee Byung Hun would appear in a Kdrama compared to movies.. so, the updates and sharing are mainly at the drama thread (it's really moving fast with all-around great discussion and you shared great insights as well :)).. and here for BH-related. Have to say that it's just awesome to see that there are now more Mr.Sunshine /EuShin/Eugene/LBH fans at twitter, too.

So, keep posting your thoughts and comments with us, anytime! :lol:

Such a beautiful EuShin MV :wub:

• Like 5

The last time I visited this thread, it was still on page.. 230 something? I'm glad more people are spazzing about him since Mr. Sunshine.. he deserves all the love and recognitions, such the best actor for me. Confession, I've had crush on him ever since he threw that kunai at GI Joe. such incredible screen presence

• Like 4

@rubie thank you so much for the links chingu. Yes I have watched I saw a devil. Old boy and I saw a devil was one of the first Korean movies that I have watched. My friend recommended to me. I was so scared of choi min sik character that I haven't been able to rewatch those two movies. I used to watch just Korean dramas and movies like classic but I was shooked seeing the difference. I loved IRIS but died at the end. I really wanted to watch once in a summer and keys to the heart. Thank you for the link again. :wub:

• Like 5

@Susie Derkins, let us know later what you think of the movies or any other LBH-related topics. We'd love to hear your thoughts at the thread.

@Adwina Oltariani, welcome back to the thread after 1400+ pages on :lol: Didn't realize that you've been on Soompi for quite awhile.:P Have seen you very active on twitter with #MrSunshine particularly :D it's really cool seeing a lot of people talking about the drama excitedly and positively about Lee Byung Hun again. If not.. most of the time, we're quite the quiet ones on social media.

Another LBH-JLC clip by GQ KOREA

• Like 5

August 4, 2018

August Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Source: Soompi by E. Cha

Spoiler

Park-Seo-Joon-Park-Min-Young-Kim-Tae-Ri.jpg

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between July 3 and August 4.

Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young, the stars of tvN’s hit drama “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim,” topped this month’s list at No. 1 and No. 2 respectively. Park Seo Joon shot to the top of the rankings after scoring an impressive brand reputation index of 24,097,237, while Park Min Young scored an index of 18,161,817 for August.

High-ranking phrases in Park Seo Joon’s keyword analysis included “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim,” “Park Min Young,” and “dating.” The actor’s highest-ranking related terms included “cute,” “like,” and “lovable,” while his positivity-negativity analysis revealed a score of 64.11 percent positive reactions.

Kim Tae Ri took third place for the month with a brand reputation index of 12,964,955. The actress is currently starring in tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine” opposite Lee Byung Hun, who came in at fifth place for August, following ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo, who ranked fourth.

Check out the top 30 below!

1. Park Seo Joon
2. Park Min Young
3. Kim Tae Ri
4. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
5. Lee Byung Hun
6. Im Soo Hyang
7. Lee Dong Wook
8. Cho Seung Woo
9. Kim Min Jung
10. Kim Jung Hyun
11. Shin Hye Sun
12. Yang Se Jong
13. Seo Kang Joon
14. Baek Jin Hee
15. Lee Si Young
16. Yoo Yeon Seok
17. Yoon Shi Yoon
18. Highlight’s Yoon Doojoon
19. Kim Jae Won
20. Jo Bo Ah
21. Hong Soo Ah
22. Go Soo Hee
23. Byun Yo Han
24. Nam Sang Mi
25. Jo Woo Ri
26. Han Eun Jung
27. Lee Ji Hoon
28. Ji Hyun Woo
29. Lee Yoo Young
30. Lee Sang Woo

Source (1)

• Like 4

On 8/4/2018 at 5:43 PM, rubie said:

Photos: BH Entertainment

ms208.jpg

Gosh! He's so charming. Maybe this is what people say "old gracefully".

I've completed watch ALL IN, those 24 episodes! And also Keys To Heart. I like that he tried various of characters, not like much dramas about son of chaebol or rich guys. I only seen couple of movies and only 2 dramas of his now, but from all those, there is one similarity that I observed, that most of characters are man who is from low economic background family which is more realistic for me than those chaebol stories which could happen too but too many rich guys stories in Kdrama I had watched. Kinda boring. Btw I wonder, Was he also from low economic background family in real?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, skinnyjeans said:

Gosh! He's so charming. Maybe this is what people say "old gracefully".

I've completed watch ALL IN, those 24 episodes! And also Keys To Heart. I like that he tried various of characters, not like much dramas about son of chaebol or rich guys. I only seen couple of movies and only 2 dramas of his now, but from all those, there is one similarity that I observed, that most of characters are man who is from low economic background family which is more realistic for me than those chaebol stories which could happen too but too many rich guys stories in Kdrama I had watched. Kinda boring. Btw I wonder, Was he also from low economic background family in real?

It's quite the contrary actually, Lee Byung Hun grew up in a well-to-do family. His father was a businessman/contractor. But all that changed in 1998 when South Korea was hit with the global financial crisis. His father's business went bankrupt and due to the stress/shock, he fell ill and passed away the next year. The family was laden with debt as his father had mortgaged their house and Lee Byung Hun, being the man in the family took all sorts of projects - acting, CF, singing, nightclub gigs that he could to settle all the debts. Within 3 years of hard work, he cleared everything and provided his mom & his sister a new comfortable house - a promise BH made to his father on his deathbed.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Mr.Sunshine episode 9

mrsun09_1.gif

mrsun09_2.gif

mrsun09_3.gif

August 6, 2018

Mr. Sunshine: Episode 9

by dramallama Dramabeans.com

Eugene makes pivotal decisions that determine his alliances, and it’s a breath of fresh air to finally see a more decisive Eugene who’s ready to confront the consequences of his choices. Ae-shin’s assertive nature seems to be rubbing off on him, and it’s leading to some satisfying payoff. Dong-mae and Hee-sung still remain relatively idle, though they seem to be strategically inactive as they try to navigate the new knowledge of Ae-shin’s other identity.

sunshine-09-00159.jpg

EPISODE 9 RECAP HERE 

• Like 4

Happy Eugene

mrsun09_4.gif

mrsun09_5.gif

August 7, 2018

Mr. Sunshine: Episode 10

by dramallama Dramabeans.com

Joseon is constantly changing, but some points of change have yet to fulfill the hopes of the abandoned Joseon people. Eugene faces the harsh realities of Joseon society that still treat him as a foreigner, a stranger in his own home country. Realizing his unfulfilled hopes, Eugene takes a step back and reconsiders his allegiances to a nation that never considered him as their own.

sunshine-10-00222.jpg

EPISODE 10 RECAP HERE

• Like 5

August 8, 2018

'Familiar Wife' makes strong debut on weekly TV ratings chart

By Woo Jae-yeon

cpi20180806.jpg

SEOUL, Aug. 8 (Yonhap) -- New fantasy romance "Familiar Wife" on cable channel tvN made a strong debut on the weekly TV chart, taking the No. 4 spot in its first week on air, data showed Wednesday.

Spoiler

Featuring Ji Sung and Han Ji-in as a couple, the new series, which premiered on Aug. 1, recorded a score of 242.4 on the weekly Content Power Index (CPI) for July 30-Aug. 5. The show revolves around the over-familiar couple who've been married for five years after years of dating.

Actor Han plays tough married woman Woo-jin, who has to juggle work, childrearing and taking care of her Alzheimer's-afflicted mother while Ji Sung plays the pathetic, henpecked husband. Suffering from a strained marriage, they start to wonder what might have been if they hadn't chosen each other.

The Wednesday-Thursday shows received 4.7 and 5.5 percent in viewership ratings for its first and second episode, respectively.

Meanwhile, the top spot went to cable music channel Mnet's new idol competition show, "Produce 48, which garnered a score of 284.4. "Mr. Sunshine," starring A-list actor Lee Byung-hun, came in second with 274.8, followed by "Life On Mars," the Korean version of the British TV show with the same name, with 246.9.

The CPI, created by CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, measures the level of popularity, social media trending and influence on consumer behavior of entertainment TV programs aired on three major terrestrial networks -- MBC, SBS and KBS -- and seven cable channels owned by CJ E&M, including tvN, Mnet and OCN, during prime time. JTBC, another cable network that airs some highly popular entertainment shows and dramas, is not included in the measurement.

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

Who's the Boss?

mrsun10_5.gif

Miss you.. like crazy..

mrsun10_6.gif

• Like 5

Since following MR.SUNSHINE, haven't updated this thread/ELBH in quite awhile.. and today is BHMJ's 5th Anniversary. ^_^ Hope they will still celebrate together.. even with the busy filming. 

Vouchers and signed Eugene posters to give away.. but I think participants would have to watch eps 11 & 12 this weekend before answering in the event on IG.

Source: BH Entertainment

• Like 4

It seems that LBH On Tour 2018 will kick off this Monday (8/13) for a 4-day shows next week; 8/14, 8/16 and 8/17. Perhaps, MR.SUNSHINE have finished its filming, maybe Byunghun has a week off for the fan event. Hopefully he has Minjung & Joonhoo with him in Japan. Even though it'll be rehearsals and non-stop activities (interviews, movie promos, etc), having the family around will be a great support to him.  

20180813lbh1.jpg

MJ doesn't seem to update her IG for awhile, perhaps preparing herself for her new drama to be aired in November. Hopefully in between after MR.SUNSHINE ends, the family will have their much-needed break together. It's been a busy year, but a good one. Wishing for many, many, many more! mrs.jpg

20180810_5thanni.jpg

• Like 5

Previously, we posted an interview gist by veteran actor Lee Soon Jae sunbaenim (Grandpas Over Flowers) praising Lee Byung Hun as one of the hardworking & always-improving actors in Korea.

Credits and thanks to Netizentown for translating the compilation of LSJ interviews (published March-April 2018, Korean updates here).

Sharing the excerpts mentioning the good points of actor Lee Byung Hun.

Spoiler

20180328_3.jpg

Spoiler

20180328_4.jpg

Our previous posts at ELBH

elbh.jpg  Lee Soon Jae: 4 Junior Actors with Good Acting Ability

Lee Soon Jae Interview: Treasured junior actors with best work attitude 

• Like 5