Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

January 5, 2005

A Bittersweet Life 
If you couldn't turn back, how far would you go? 

1273064876_201005052209074020270401_01.jpg

Lee Byung-hun Stars in "Sweet Life"
Source: The Dong-A Ilbo

He's an actor that can best portray a once-successful man whose life suddenly crashes around him. 

The director Kim Ji Woon of the movie "Sweet Life" thus explains the expression of Lee Byung-hun, who plays a man living life at both ends. In the evening of January 4, the last day of shooting, we met Lee Byung-hun at the residential area of Angook-dong, Jongro, Seoul. We asked Lee, whose popularity is at a peak in Japan, hence the nickname "Byon-sama." "What made you as you are now?" He answered, "Maybe it’s because I haven’t led an overly cautious life." 

Was there a "sweet life" for you as in the movie? 

"I went to the theater on the day my movie premiered. I felt an orgasm just looking at the people who felt what I felt and shed tears with me. It was short but... sweet." 

But there were failures too? 

"To tell you the truth, there were movies that didn't do too well. (laughs) When my first movie failed, they said 'Actors that don't make it in three movies are never called back to Chungmuro (Korea's version of Hollywood).’ When my second and third movie failed to attract audiences, nobody dared to say that in front of me anymore. When my fourth movie didn't do well, everyone started avoiding me. Then things started to change with my fifth movie ("Harmonium in my Memory"), and with my hit sixth movie ("JSA") people started to say that I was greater than Hong Soo-hwan (boxer).” 

In Myungdong, Seoul, they even have socks with your face on the soles. Can you feel the popularity?" 

"Oh, the socks. My manager bought me one. They don't mean to step on me, do they? (laughs) I'm just a regular guy, so of course I'm concerned about my popularity. If the Japanese like melodramas, I think of doing even more of them. But I want to resist that temptation. The fans that I really value are the ones that respect what I do and love me for it." 

Are there any differences between your Korean and Japanese fans? 

"The fans in the Chinese sphere scream until I almost start losing my mind. They're really passionate. Japanese fans start to scream, but then they become quiet in an instant. So much that I can hear myself breathe. When someone cheers by mistake, she stops herself so that she won't disturb the person next to her. Korean fans are a mix of these two characteristics." 

Japanese fans visited Lee Byung-hun's Korean homepage and wrote "Byung Hun ssi," expressing their love in English. 

Would you like to fall into a passionate love? 

"That's what I've been wanting since middle school (laughs). If an actor falls in love, you can express the fineries in his acting. An actor should love a lot, fall into a deeper love, or love someone until it drives you crazy. By love you can start opening your feelings. Of course I don't date in order to act better... (laughs). But it's also stupid to shun dating just because I'm scared of making a scandal or if my fans might turn their backs on me." 

On the set, Lee Byung-heon is nicknamed "the almighty chief Kim," after his character "chief Kim." It's a nickname that shows his dogged spirit, by sleeping for two hours a day and shooting scenes for two full weeks in the rain and in scenes in which he is buried alive. It is also a sign of discontent, as the staff cannot expect Lee to become sick, thus earning a welcome rest due to his sickness. 

The action noir "Sweet Life," in which Lee plays the character of Sun-woo, who wars against a mob by turning a blind eye on the flirting girlfriend of his boss, premieres on April 1.

Thanks to veve111 at EverythingLBH-soompi for the BTS pics of Lee Byunghun at the filming set of A Bittersweet Life, 2004/5

4450569130_14a575d28f_o.jpg

4449796269_bdc87fdc68_o.jpg

4450569070_11190b3f15_o.jpg

4450569030_41442a1d31_o.jpg

January 5, 2005

[Interview] Lee Byung-hun Stars in "Sweet Life"
by Seung-Jae Lee (sjda@donga.com) english.donga.com

He's an actor that can best portray a once-successful man whose life suddenly crashes around him. 

The director Kim Ji Woon of the movie "Sweet Life" thus explains the expression of Lee Byung-hun, who plays a man living life at both ends. In the evening of January 4, the last day of shooting, we met Lee Byung-hun at the residential area of Angook-dong, Jongro, Seoul. We asked Lee, whose popularity is at a peak in Japan, hence the nickname "Byon-sama." "What made you as you are now?" He answered, "Maybe it’s because I haven’t led an overly cautious life." 

--Was there a "sweet life" for you as in the movie? 

"I went to the theater on the day my movie premiered. I felt an orgasm just looking at the people who felt what I felt and shed tears with me. It was short but... sweet." 

--But there were failures too? 

"To tell you the truth, there were movies that didn't do too well. (laughs) When my first movie failed, they said 'Actors that don't make it in three movies are never called back to Chungmuro (Korea's version of Hollywood).’ When my second and third movie failed to attract audiences, nobody dared to say that in front of me anymore. When my fourth movie didn't do well, everyone started avoiding me. Then things started to change with my fifth movie ("Harmonium in my Memory"), and with my hit sixth movie ("JSA") people started to say that I was greater than Hong Soo-hwan (boxer).” 

--In Myungdong, Seoul, they even have socks with your face on the soles. Can you feel the popularity?" 

"Oh, the socks. My manager bought me one. They don't mean to step on me, do they? (laughs) I'm just a regular guy, so of course I'm concerned about my popularity. If the Japanese like melodramas, I think of doing even more of them. But I want to resist that temptation. The fans that I really value are the ones that respect what I do and love me for it." 

tenpodo_ms070923a28.jpg

--Are there any differences between your Korean and Japanese fans? 

"The fans in the Chinese sphere scream until I almost start losing my mind. They're really passionate. Japanese fans start to scream, but then they become quiet in an instant. So much that I can hear myself breathe. When someone cheers by mistake, she stops herself so that she won't disturb the person next to her. Korean fans are a mix of these two characteristics." 

Japanese fans visited Lee Byung-hun's Korean homepage and wrote "Byung Hun ssi," expressing their love in English. 

--Would you like to fall into a passionate love? 

"That's what I've been wanting since middle school (laughs). If an actor falls in love, you can express the fineries in his acting. An actor should love a lot, fall into a deeper love, or love someone until it drives you crazy. By love you can start opening your feelings. Of course I don't date in order to act better... (laughs). But it's also stupid to shun dating just because I'm scared of making a scandal or if my fans might turn their backs on me." 

On the set, Lee Byung-heon is nicknamed "the almighty chief Kim," after his character "chief Kim." It's a nickname that shows his dogged spirit, by sleeping for two hours a day and shooting scenes for two full weeks in the rain and in scenes in which he is buried alive. It is also a sign of discontent, as the staff cannot expect Lee to become sick, thus earning a welcome rest due to his sickness. 

The action noir "Sweet Life," in which Lee plays the character of Sun-woo, who wars against a mob by turning a blind eye on the flirting girlfriend of his boss, premieres on April 1. 

Captures from newsbankimage and auctions.yahoo.jp

bhsocks.jpg

Guest jisung

thanks everyone, for the pics/news/what have u's! great that everybody has remained upbeat about things despite the major meltdown! still feeling my way through and a bit ambiguous about what happened, but hey, i'll always be grateful...for a lot of things in this forum! :)

last night, went to bed a bit uneasy having been unable to access this forum despite trying patiently for hours, and prior to that, was away for days because of school and workshops i had to attend...i PMed a friend re: soompi disappearing into thin air, and even as i wrote that, i never did think it would actually happen...felt a lot antsy really becoz after viewing bittersweet life, i had hoped to go online and read what others thought about it and maybe gather enough courage to share mine as well...and rubie sunbae, those off-topics added color to my days, stimulated my long-dormant brain cells, and made my insides warm in ways that were unexpected as they were unfathomable...

everyone, thank u! and count me in for the long haul! :)

January 5, 2005

Lee Byung Hun's Dream for a Personal Theater

Source: heraldbiz.comPao-BHLee HK Club, bhjwlove.com // English gist by Aldersgate

200501050007.jpg

Actor Lee Byung Hun had an interview with Herald recently and disclosed that he have a dream to set up a theater, to enjoy good movies with friends. Somewhat things are slowly materializing.

It will not be like the CGV, but something at a small scale yet meaningful & personal, as my objective is to have more conducive dialogues with fans as well at that place.

Lee Byung Hun who had only wanted to be an actor in his lifetime explained: There are pondering questions on him as to what will happen in 20 or 30 years time. I had never thought hard about it, the fact remains that popularity is ever changing. 

At this moment, the love and support from my fans with my acting, this is already an absolute joy & happiness to me.

The interview ended with mentioning LBH's appearance in NHK Kouhaku recently and also that A Bittersweet Life had completed it's filming on January 2, 2005.

Guest Mrs. Lee

Hi Omma and Zombie??? :lol: cute USER ID Alders!....

Omma, It's Gigi! LBHCrazy! The new Mrs. Lee! :lol: my married surname is really Lee so i am really a Mrs. Lee! :D

Good job hunnies on our first day at the new thread! boy!

I am still trying to dig up some BH photos....

namicm_b2.jpg

TBS19.jpg

c3321463151253091101645262280.jpg

Guest chibikko

^

Aw... chibikko! The AllStar Summit caps are awesome! :wub: Thanks for sharing with us, love & appreciate it a lot! *mwah!* Will include that in our AllStar Summit section on page 3.

Hunnies, a new clip courtesy of Angel 70 at lovelbh.com. Updated clips & pics posted at Samantha Thavasa - Page 3 as well. :)

TBC SBS - Samantha Thavasa report

mmst://netvideo.netvigator.com/a3351763421567671128519044143.wmv

Thank you and no probs at all. You could see tears forming abit in his eyes. I thought that was soo touching!!

chibikko dear, thanks for the scaps. i'll download the summit from your CB as soon as i finish dl-ing one Wedding episode, har har. now if i could only get CB work again! :wacko:

and wubes thanks for re-posting the summit and samantha links - i haven't even finished downloading nor check the pics yet. thank you Pandas for reposting older pics - i haven't seen some of 'em! *must save save save haha*

aiissh! we really need to compile the Pandas old and new USER ID!

haha gigi, i think we do!

our warmest welcome to thread newbies: HappyGirl, d.i.m.e Babii, midnight sun, qwas, Mia, dashuu, ireneooi, thunder and rajes! i hope you all could join us more often here in the forest. the more the merrier!!! :D

and to the rest of the oldies (haha, can i say that?) *hugs everyone*

welcome back to alders! and yes, special thanks to our fayenatic. i feel slightly guilty that i have to start the thread but with the new thread posting frenzy last night, Panda instinct kicked in. i apologize.

Guest Mrs. Lee

wow! thanks summer for the pics! you can see who are the BDshippah.png here! :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks to chibikko too for the scs of the summit! you are right! there were tears forming in his eyes! I guess he was so touched by the fans' love and admiration...

Related captures from various sites & fan-sharing at EverythingLBH and LBH-soompi.com
Check out more photos compiled at our Gallery & Related update here 
EverythingLBH.com thanks every fan-sharing ardently with our utmost gratitude

February 2, 2005

LEE BYUNG HUN's "BEAUTIFUL DAYS" MUSICAL CONCERT WILL START FROM 8TH MARCH IN JAPAN

Source: LBH MagicBox, translated by Pei-LBH.SG with thanks to Aldersgate for the highlight

Korean drama "Beautiful days" which was shown over Japan NHK station, will be holding a country-wide musical tour in Japan as from 8th March. 

This is the 2nd Musical concert after "Winter Sonata"... artists who will be appearing will be the Singer from "Heaven" and Zero who sang "Promise". The group band "SENS" will also be performing. Lead actor - Lee Byung hun will be appearing as well thru video. 

Choi Ji Woo also performed in the "Winter Sonata" Musical concert last year. This time the organizers organised this "Beautiful days Musical Concert" which will be held from 8th March, will be set off from Japan's International conference hall as the starting point and throughout the other places of Japan.

April 14, 2005

Lee Byung-heon, Choi Ji-woo to Participate in "Beautiful Days" Concert in Japan

Source: KBS Global

"Hallyu" stars Lee Byung-heon and Choi Ji-woo will appear in the final "Beautiful Days" concert in Tokyo, Japan, next month. Japanese dailies including Sankei Sports and Sports Nippon reported April 13 that the two stars will visit Japan to participate in the final concert to be held May 6-7 at the Tokyo International Forum.

The Japanese media wrote that while Lee and Choi's visit has been confirmed, the organizers of the concert still have to decide in what manner the two will appear onstage. Apparently, they will greet their fans onstage, and the best scenes of the drama "Beautiful Days" will be shown onscreen. Japanese newspapers are placing high expectations on the concert as it will be the first time Lee and Choi will appear in Japan in public together.

The "Beautiful Days" concerts were staged to celebrate the popularity of the same-titled miniseries starring Lee and Choi. "Beautiful Days" gained enormous popularity in Japan when it aired after "Winter Sonata." The concerts have been held eight times between March 8 and April 11 in the Tokyo International Forum and the Festival Hall in Osaka. 

The final concert featuring Lee and Choi will become a kind of grand finale celebrating the drama's success.

"The popularity of drama-related concerts in Japan can be ascribed to the fact that they present audiences with an opportunity to see 'hallyu' stars in person. We are doing our utmost to ensure the success of this concert," said Yedang Entertainment, Choi's agency and the concert's organizer.

Lee Byung-hun & Choi Ji-woo to Appear in Concert

Source: tour2Korea.com

Lee Byung-hun and Choi Ji-woo are scheduled to appear at the final concert for the drama Beautiful Days, in Tokyo, Japan on May 6 and 7. 

The concert will be broadcast on NHK. The TV miniseries/drama, Beautiful Days was extremely well received by Japanese fans. Eight other Beautiful Days anniversary concerts have been held since March 8, but this concert is said to be the last. 

The actors have both had great success in Japan and have held many events and fan meetings separately. However, this will be the first time that the two have come together in Japan to participate in an event. Reports of the two Korean Wave (Hallyu) stars have already been reported throughout Japan and fans are extremely excited about the event. It is not yet confirmed in what manner they appear on stage together. 

February 7, 2005

Lee Byung Hun's 'Beautiful Days' Musical Concert Starting March 8th in Japan

Source: LBH Magicbox Taiwan, translated by Pei-LBH.SG

200501221811220100_1.jpg

Korean drama "Beautiful days" which was shown over NHK Japan, will be featured in a country-wide musical tour in Japan as from 8th March. 

This is the 2nd Musical concert after "Winter Sonata"... artists who will be appearing will be the Singer from "Heaven" and Zero who sang "Promise". The group band "SENS" will also be performing. Lead actor - Lee Byung hun will be appearing as well through video. 

Choi Ji Woo also performed in the "Winter Sonata" Musical concert last year. This time the organizers organized this "Beautiful days Musical Concert" which will be held from 8th March, will be set off from Japan's International conference hall as the starting point and throughout the other places of Japan.

Guest Mrs. Lee

It's Ann's (the new Lee ji Woo) bday???

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ann!!!!! *hugginganntightly* lots of love and happiness! *mwah* :D

hey! Cha! nice finally seeing you here! napagod magbadminton??? harharhar

ROFL at bessie's avatar. i could already hear maja's banter :lol: mwah bessie!

Happy Happy Birthday Ann party-smiley-041.gif

ann.jpg

=================================================================

Panda Graphics

our own graphics up for grabs. please save these on your own photobucket accounts. thank you ;)

hunniepanda.gif

sexy.pngallin_shippah.pngBDshippah.pngtoxic.png

Guest Mrs. Lee

before I hit the sack...last post of NEC CF ...waah i just love his look here! :wub:

E-mail0-11s.jpg

00ckam_l_1_1.gif

1-1.jpg

04-2.jpg

6-1.jpg

6_2.jpg

7-2.jpg

7-4.jpg

8-6.jpg

10.jpg

Good Job Hunnies on our first day! NITE EVERYONE! :D

March 3, 2005

S. Korean Drama 'All In' to Be Aired in Russia
Source: yonhapnews.co.kr

SEOUL, March 3 (Yonhap) -- A Russian TV network will begin airing South Korea's popular drama series "All In" in the middle of this month, the South Korean Foreign Ministry said Thursday. 

The 24-episode series will be broadcast three times a week from March 14 to April 22 on Russia's NTV, the ministry said. 

allin_34.jpg

March 4, 2005

Russian TV to Air Korean Drama 
Source: ArirangTV via chosun.com

A private Russian television network, NTV, is expected to air a popular Korean TV drama called "All In" starting mid-March. The 24-part mini series depicts the dramatic life of a gambler who faces fierce competition and eventually rises to fame in Las Vegas. The series had audience ratings of more than 50-percent when it was broadcast on one of Korea's terrestrial channels in 2003. 

Russia's NTV is set to air the series three times a week from March 14th. Seoul's Foreign Ministry said three other former Soviet countries, including Uzbekistan, Kazahkstan and Ukraine already aired the drama last year.

Guest Wei Lin

A great big hug to everyone old and new here!!!

I have to say I'm getting confused with all the new nicks... :P by the way... my old nick was weelynx aka the lil' panda.... :wub:

It's really heartwarming to see new faces and old... let us all unite to make the new thread something to be proud of... all the way sistahs and brother(s)!!! :D

And now when 6th of October 2006 rolls around... we can all celebrate our "1 yr old" panda anniversary with a whole bunch of people!!! heehee B)

and of course to our darling Iameeh.... hugs and kisses to you on this special day of yours... :wub:

I'll have to leave my banner to tomorrow then... heh.. going to do some schoolwork... :P

Guest this luallaby

my fave drama from him "beautiful days" he was soooo hot in there! i wanna watch it againnn and again n again and again

April 30, 2004

Korean Hunks Become Asian Covermodels
Source: Kwon In-ha, englishnews@chosun.com

Korean male top stars, such as Bae Yong-joon, Won Bin and Lee Byung-heon who have successfully made inroads into Asian countries, are winning the cover of famous Asian magazines.

Won Bin appeared on the cover of the Asian version of "FHM collections", a British fashion magazine, and caught the eye of Asian fans with his sculpture-like face this spring. The magazine praised Won Bin, who wore a white suit, describing the photo as "fantastic white heat of Korean superstar Won Bin". 

200404300037_00.jpg

Bae Yong-joon, widely known as "Yon sama" in Japan, will be on the cover of the May issue of Aera, the affiliate weekly magazine of the Japanese daily Asahi Shimbun. The popularity of "Winter Sonata", in which Bae played the leading role, and Japanese fans' explosive responses shown during his visit to the island have helped Bae become a cover model of Aera. "Winter Sonata" is broadcast across Japan by NHK. 

It is the first time for Aera to choose a Korean male star for its cover model, although Korean actresses like Lee Young-ae and Go So-young appeared on the cover. Lee was on the cover in 2001, when "Joint Security Area" in which Lee was the heroin was released in Japan. Go was employed as a cover model of the magazine in June last year when her movie "A Double Agent" was released in Japan. 

200404300037_01.jpg

Lee Byung-heon, who is also popular in Japan, will appear on the cover of the May issue of the Japanese fashion magazine Miss. "The Sports Nippon" exceptionally reported that Lee Byung-heon, the hero of "All In", had became a cover model of Miss. "All In" is broadcast on a satellite channel of NHK. 

When buying a magazine in other Asian countries, it seems Korean travelers need to check whether it is a Korean magazine or a local one.

MISS Magazine June 2004
Our thanks to bonnyk75 for the magazine captures

Lee Byung Hun on the cover of MISS magazine with model-actress, Reika Hashimoto (born Dec 25, 1980) who is of Japanese-Spanish heritage.

miss.jpg 
th_miss2.jpg th_miss.jpg

Guest Zombie

Chula,

No worries about starting a new LBH thread.

It is act of dedication of his fans , no need to apologise.

Just a thought here, since your goodself and Liezle had the first few posts, you may want to make use of the space for more of his profile and links to his other fan clubs for his new fans who are unaware of his other fan links.

Wish I can contribute more, but commitment & love of my career is given top priority. Ha..ha..

Anywhere, it is nice catching up with you hunnie pandas again.

Have a good day!