Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Excerpt from ep.71:

What JDH said was similar to what BH had said in his past interview, the hardship & treatment while filming GI Joe 2. BH must have felt bad because he was the one who asked JDH to go to Hollywood but these two are incredibly hardworking men as well as physically & mentally strong to overcome unfavorable criticism and situation. 

JDH have trained Byunghun for his Storm Shadow in Retaliation and he was also the stunt-double in RED 2  Needless to say, Dir. Jung became his action mentor in BSL, GBW and ISTD featuring BH in all those excellent & thrilling action scenes. Only the Master fit for the best actor.

0th image of the article

Source: MBN Star

I was shooting "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" with Byung Hun.
In the US?
I ate six meals a day. I had to build muscles.
I ate once every two hours.
(To gain muscles, he went on a high protein diet.)
It was very tough at first.
What was so tough?
I was an outsider.
Right.
In that action team. I was hated.
For a month and a half.
I was very discriminated. It was partly racial discrimination.
They were being territorial. "He's from Korea."
They kept excluding me from their group.
They even complained about me to Byung Hun.. and his manager.
(They even doubted his acting style.)
"DooHong is too old."
"Will you be fine?""
Byung Hun asked me to come to the US to help him.
He took you there.
That's why I was there.

And I was getting criticized.
He told me his concern.
That's when I told him this. "Byung Hun."
"I am confident to not lose to them."

It's a do-or-die situation.
I wasn't trying to show them something else.
I wanted to show them the action.. I do in Korea.
My action style.
(The beginning in the foreign land and in Hollywood wasn't easy.)
(But with the action only Doo Hong can do..)
BH: In Hollywood, people gave him a standing ovation..
(He turned doubt into conviction, persecution into standing ovation.)

• Like 4

Still looking for photos of Byunghun at the wedding... anyone seen anything? Both bride and groom are BH Entertainment artistes.

May 31, 2019

Choo and Yu wed at Grand Hyatt

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

Celebrity couple Choo Ja-hyun and Yu Xiaoguang had their wedding ceremony at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in central Seoul on Wednesday and released photos to the public on Thursday. 

The two got to know each other while working on a Chinese drama series in 2012, notifying the public of their relationship in September 2015. The couple registered to wed in January 2017. After Choo gave birth to her first child last June, the couple decided to celebrate their wedding and their son’s first birthday at the same time. 

Celebrities such as Kim Go-eun, Ju Jin-mo, Cho Yeo-jeong, Lee Byung-hun, Lee Ji-ah, Yoo Ji-tae, Yoona, Han Ji-min, Baek Ji-young and Hwang Chi-yeul attended the ceremony. 

The couple became popular in Korea after starring in a reality TV series “Same Bed, Different Dreams 2: You Are My Destiny” on SBS. They quit the show in March after Choo became pregnant.

By Lee Jae-lim

• Like 4

For fans in Singapore 

May 31, 2019

Toggle Viewers Can Now Stream Korean Blockbusters With tvN Movies
To mark the launch, tvN Movies is offering four free movies to stream. 

By DOUGLAS TSENG TODAYonline

To mark the launch, tvN Movies is offering four free movies to stream.

Good news for fans of Korean movies!

Starting from today (May 30), you can access the extensive and expanding library of tvN Movies, the world's first and only Korean blockbuster movie channel — from well-loved classics to contemporary dramas. New titles will be added every month.

To subscribe, you can choose between the recurring package at $5.90/ month or the six-month package at $4.32/month (prepayment of $25.90 is required). With the latter option, you save $9.50 overall.

As a taster, tvN Movies is offering four free titles on Toggle, each running for a week: Lucky Key (May 30-June 5); Miss Granny (June 6-12); Keys to the Heart (June 13-19); and The Good, The Bad and The Weird (June 20-26).

The Toggle app is available on iOS and Android devices. Download the free app at AppStore and Google Play. To subscribe to tvN Movies, click here.

Here are some of the must-see titles on tvN Movies...

Be With You
This tearjerker — a remake of the 2004 Japanese film — stars Son Ye-Jin as a dead woman who returns from the grave to reunite with her husband (So-Ji-Sub) and tween son (Kim Ji-Hwan).

A Taxi Driver
This 1980-set drama — Korea’s Oscar submission for Best Foreign Language Film — stars Song Kang-Ho as a cabbie hired to chauffeur a German journo (Thomas Kretschmann) covering the pro-democracy protests in Gwangju.

Midnight Runners
Action-comedy starring Kang Ha-Neul and Park Seo-Joon play trainee-cop buddies embroiled in a kidnapping conspiracy during their night off. Just lovely.

The Good, The Bad and The Weird

The Good, The Bad, and The Weird

Inspired by Clint Eastwood’s The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, this 2008 actioner stars Lee Byung-Hun, Song Kang-Ho and Jung Woo-Sung star as feuding treasure hunters in WWII-era Manchuria.

• Like 4

June 6, 2019 - Actor Byun Yo Han (Kim Hee Sung, Millie Library) sent a coffee truck to the filming site of Mount Baekdu. Photos posted by actor Yang Ji Soo (also cast of Mount Baekdu, starring Lee Byung Hun et al.). Thanks to @mistymorning for the translation & info.

Caption: Thank you for the coffee Byun Yohan nim, to support Lee Byunghun sunbaenim. I took two cups of it. cuppa.gif

• Like 3

Long time no see!

Personal life interfering my fan life.. but here with a news of program dealing with 2 genius directors and their personas. One of them is Kim Jiwoon and Lee ByungHun.

Movieroom episode 59, on Friday 6:30 PM KST, next week. Rewatch seems to be possible thru 

http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/replay/pr10010791/pm10048426

with fee, and not for where I am :(

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much @mistymorning for the clip highlight. Undoubtedly Lee Byung Hun works well with director Kim Ji Woon, their collaboration featured 3 very well-known and acclaimed Korean movies (BSL, GBW and ISTD). Obviously BH is KJW's muse or persona, they definitely produce the best of Korean movies. Sure hope they will one day reunite with another memorable hit.

In the meantime, director of MA$TER, Dir. Cho Ui Seok had sent a coffee truck to LBH at the Mount Baekdu filming site. That is really nice & wonderful of him.. will they reunite as well? (Banner translation cr: mistymorning)

Dir. Cho's message on banner: Cheering for Lee Byung Hun and Mount Baekdu!

Photos: Lee Byung Hun 

BH caption: Thank you, director!

• Like 4

The content of the news doesn't seem too reliable but one thing for sure, GI Joe 3 will likely not happen as scheduled. Not sure if it's postponed again or replaced by Snake Eyes - the movie. As long as it doesn't tie BH down from other better projects, all that matters.

June 8, 2019

New ‘G.I. Joe’ Film Release Date Pushed Back, Title Revealed

By Amrit Chatterjee OTAKUKART News

The G.I. Joe franchise has been extremely popular among fans, and everybody in the community is eagerly waiting for the next installment, however, according to the new reports, fans will have to wait a little longer to see their favorite team back in action. The last movie in the franchise was G.I. Joe: Retaliation and it was released back in 2013, so it has been a long wait for everybody and fans will surely be bothered since the upcoming movie has now been pushed back. We have gathered all the new details regarding the movie, so here is everything you need to know about the upcoming G.I. Joe film.

Currently, the concrete title for the movie hasn’t been finalized but, according to Jeff Sneider, they are calling the upcoming film by the title, “Snake Eyes.”

From the title, speculations are made that the upcoming film will have the storyline centering around Snake Eyes specifically, and it might feature another Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow fight, and if it does, it will be epic and whether it will be a reboot or a continuation is still not revealed yet.

The upcoming film was originally scheduled to release on 27th March 2020, however, according to latest reports from Deadline, the release date has been pushed back, and it will now release on 16th October 2020, and the team provided no reason for the delay.

• Like 2

More updates are coming out regarding the final GI Joe movie. What was previously reported as separate production of GI Joe 3 and Snake Eyes the movie.. seems that there will be one GI Joe movie instead called Snake Eyes (if not mistaken :unsure:).

Well.. well.. we'll just wait and see if that is really the case and if BH as Storm Shadow will be a major part of the movie or otherwise. ;)

June 10, 2019

'G.I. Joe' Third Film A Spin-Off Entitled 'Snake Eyes'; Release Date Moved To Fall Of 2020

By Emily Joy Custodio Business Times

Based on a 1960's toy action figure, G.I Joe live-action series shows how these military men and women fight against the damaging products of modern technology. Since the first G.I Joe film, the world was terrorized by the nanobots as it creates an army of enemy troops. 

When the installment came four years after, Cobra operative Zartan impersonated the President of the United States, and the terrorist organization was able to frame the Joes as traitors and have them nearly annihilated in an airstrike.

Although the third installment, titled "G.I. Joe: Ever Vigilant," has been confirmed to be in development, the spin-off film was originally set for March 27, 2020. However, two Hasbro movies have been moved namely the G.I Joe spin-off entitled as Snake Eyes and Micronauts. Released dates for Snake Eyes and Micronauts has been changed to October 16, 2020, and June 4, 2021.

Paramount Pictures told through a spokesperson the change of the movies' release date without further reason. But a very crucial detail came from Jeff Sneider who confirmed that the upcoming film would be titled as "Snake Eyes" who is also a special character in the G.I Joe Team. "Snake Eyes" is one of the original and most popular members of the G.I. Joe Team, and is most known for his relationships with Scarlett and Storm Shadow.

Snake Eyes is one of the most prominent characters in the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero franchise, having appeared in every series of the franchise from the original film although there is more to watch out for.

Actor Ray Park has already played the two previous installments and now it all depends on if this will be a continuation of the past films or some sort of relaunch/retooling.

Based on G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and G.I. Joe: Retaliation, both films had a star power cast like Channing Tatum, The Rock, and Bruce Willis. That is why, for "Snake Eyes," it all depends on the incredible fight choreography to keep their viewers to the edge of their seats.

Snake Eyes hits theaters on Oct. 16, 2020, and will be directed by Robert Schwentke of the Divergent sequels, Insurgent and Allegiant. From the title, speculations are made that the upcoming film will have the storyline centering around Snake Eyes specifically, and it might feature another Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow fight. The film will follow Snake Eyes' journey to Japan for training and his eventually joining the G.I. Joe team.

G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Gets New Release Date

• Like 2

Thanks to the fans' highlight on twitter, the wedding update & pics from Interview365. Held on June 8 and said to be the wedding of actress Shin Jae Yi (will update more when confirmed). Fellow actors Ahn Sung Ki, Jung Joon Ho and Song Kang Ho (with his son) also attended the wedding ceremony.

20190608_2.jpg

20190608_4.jpg

Via twitter, courtesy original sharing..

20190608_1.jpg

Spoiler

20190608_3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

cat3_e0.gif

Hope we'll be able to watch the KJW-LBH subbed clip, somehow. Hopefully there'll be some news updates as well.. esp. for The Man Standing Next.. a teaser.. pics.. something? 

In the meantime.. wishing.. EugeneChoi-Joonhoo-Appa.. salute.gif

hfd19.jpg

• Like 3

June 17, 2019

HanCinema's News 

First Lee Byung-hun and Kim Tae-hee Have Bought Houses in the United States

By William Schwartz HanCinema.net

photo1072907.jpg

First Lee Byung-hun bought a two million dollar house in Los Angeles. Now, Kim Tae-hee has also bought a two million dollar house in Irvine. Speculation has been mounting as to why, or whether these two high profile real estate transactions are mere coincidence.

That two major South Korean entertainment stars bought the houses in the same area at the same time was probably a coincidence. However, wealthy Asians have long bought houses in this area for a variety of reasons.

Practically speaking, it is convenient to have a permanent residence near Los Angeles for people who frequently take trips there. This was the official explanation for Lee Byung-hun's investment. Kim Tae-hee's agency has claimed that she is not currently looking into expanding her career into Hollywood as Lee Byung-hun has.

Financial motives are another likely factor. American houses are seen as offering a strong return by foreign investors. This practice has made much of the American housing market unaffordable for normal Americans, creating spikes in homeless populations.

Taking advantage of American birthright citizenship is another reason for wealthy foreigners to maintain official residences in the United States. Such an advantage is of particular value to South Korean families trying to spare their sons the trauma of mandatory military service. Kim Tae-hee's second child is due in September. Its gender has not yet been revealed.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 3

searchdoc.gif Mention of Lee Byung Hun in the recent episode 184 of JTBC variety show, Knowing Bros which featured the drama 'Chief of Staff' aka 'The President's Aide' starring Lee Jung Jae and Shin Min Ah.

SMA of course, was BH's co-star in A Bittersweet Life and Beautiful Days while Im Won Hee (IWH) was in Three, Monster. The guests on Knowing Bros were IWH, Lee Elijah and Kim Dong Joon.

Lee Byung Hun and his movies are definitely a favorite topic on the variety shows. His name will likely be mentioned whenever there's a chance, particularly if the guests had worked with him in the same drama or movie.

The related transcript from the show, to watch streaming (here at 16:15 time-mark) / article on Naver ++

Then do you fall in love with Min A by any chance?
IWH: There's no chance.
Because..
in 'A Bittersweet Life', Lee Byung Hun...
falls in love with the assemblywoman he serves. (however SMA's role wasn't an assemblywoman in BSL).
But that's Byung Hun.
I guess so.
IWH: (A sad laugh)
I guess it's because it was Byung Hun.
Kang Ho Dong: What a coincidence, we're all around the same age.
Really?
He's also the same age. You three are all the same age.
KHD: Won Hee, Byung Hun, and I are all the same age.
I guess that was possible only because it was Byung Hun.

kb184.jpg

• Like 4