Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Here's the full 7-minute clip feat. Lee Byung Hun X Brawl Stars by Supercell (feat. 5 showdowns). It's already gaining 7.8K 'likes' on YT .. simply hilarious scenes by BH and the cameo stars. Pretty huge TVCF indeed as mobile games are the rave these days.

From the WANTED notice(s) on the wall:

LBH vs Hand Slicer Joe (Jo Wo Jin, Inside Men)

LBH vs Stun Gun (JoHa's opponent, Keys to the Heart?)

LBH vs Mr. Gang (Mr. Kang of A Bittersweet Life)

LBH vs Peach Bros (Chinese fiction in Three Kingdoms)

LBH vs Flower Bros (GOF halbaes)

LOL.. despite acting tough he seems to be losing to each of them every time.. :lol: Also, LBH's famous meme from IRIS is being used plus his breakdance moment from 'I Luv It'.

Published on March 8, 2019 by 브롤스타즈

• Like 6

th_zz_searchdoc.gifRelated LBH-mention only ~ full article compilation here

March 9, 2019

10 Korean Movies To Watch If You’re Looking For Some Eye Candy

Source: Soompi by binahearts

Let’s face it, sometimes after a long and stressful day, all we really want is to kick back and put on a flick where there’s a lot of pretty people in it.

The story doesn’t have to be spectacular, but it definitely helps if it is. In the world of Korean movies, there are a lot of movies with eye-candy, but I’ve taken the pleasure of narrowing this list down. Not only do these movies have good-looking people in it, but the story is also pretty decent! Here’s a look at 10 of our picks.

Master

master-.jpg

“Master” is the hit 2016 action film starring Kang Dong Won, Lee Byung Hun, and Kim Woo Bin. With this all-star cast, “Master” made it to No. 32 of the highest-grossing films of all time! And we really wouldn’t expect anything less, especially with this very visually appealing cast.

I mean, really.

master.jpg

Lee Byung Hun plays a con-artist president by the name of Jin, Kang Dong Won plays a detective named Kim Jae Myung, and Kim Woo Bin plays Park Jang Goon, a sidekick of Jin. There’s a reason why it was such a big hit in the box office! The script is so smart and it will keep you wondering what will happen until the end.

• Like 4

3/12 Byunghun posted his pics from the filming of A Bittersweet Life -- the buried alive scene. Extremely dangerous and highly risky scene that was realistically filmed by the actor and the production team.

After which, this  was followed by the fire fight and Sunwoo's escape scene.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

Spoiler

Image may contain: 1 person

• Like 5

March 13, 2019.

I  attended a special screening of "A Bittersweet Life" in Seoul last week to commentate its 15 anniversary and took the opportunity to see the special exhibition:  "Creating The Face of Cinema Exhibition". Going there is an adventure because the Ara Art Centre is not located on the main street.   However, seeing the exhibition made walking over 12,000 steps worthwhile.  Thanks to @mistymorning, I got a 50% off the entrance fee as a senior.   When the receptionist saw my Hong Kong  Passport, she was very surprised and asked me why I am attending the exhibition.   

me1.jpg

me20.jpg

Cho Tae Hee is an amazing artist.  The exhibition is the culmination of his work spanning over 17  years starting with "My Sassy Girl".   In his own words:  " This exhibition is solely an endeavour of passion.  It was a long journey, not only since the time I started but also since the idea of exhibition came to me 7 years ago.  And I let challenge and adventure drive me forward and away from comfort and complacent.  I wish for all the young,  up and coming cinema makeup artists to be inspired from this exhibition and to continue to grow their pride and vision in our field of expertise." 

me8.jpg

Lee Byung Hun and the movie "Gwanghae"/"Masquerade"  were clearly the main focus as the exhibits from this movie occupied the largest first level.

me2.jpg

me3.jpg

me4.jpg

me5.jpg

Many of the head pieces are created by Cho Tae Hee.

me6.jpg

me7.jpg

"There are two ways to attach beard for actors makeup, one is sticking hair as a whole.  The other is sticking hairs one by one.  In a movie, the method used was the latter way.  It was chosen by the actor (Byunghun Lee ) himself for over 4 months.  

Make up cloak and make up tools

me13.jpg

me12.jpg

me9.jpg

"In the middle of this cloth, there is an autograph of actor Byunghun Lee and it says "I am the kind of Joseon.    It is because the original title of the movie was "I am the king of Joseon", however  it was changed to "Masquerade" later.  

Cho Tae Hee was also the makeup artist for "The Fortress".   The exhibit of this movie occupied a smaller room.  

me10.jpg

me11.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@peonie Thank you so much Barbara for the lovely write-up and photos on your Seoul trip. So glad that you've managed to visit the "Creating The Face of Cinema Exhibition" site, it feels like such a wonderful experience with great promos as well. You've shared a lot more photos that were not seen on IG. Simply amazing to see the stills, wigs, props and make-up tools used for LBH in the movies. Must say that it's a great timing to watch the BSL special screening and be able to visit the exhibition as well, all in one perfect weekend.

Also, the photos from JWJ's wedding are just awesome to see. Been wondering if BH attended the wedding last year and happy to know that he did, plus so many Korean (movie) actors as well. JWJ is becoming quite the actor to watch, a rising star and appearing in many hit movies these days... his invited guests of movie co-stars are amazing.

Some GIFS from the Brawl Stars CF, Byunghun's expressions are the best! :lol:

brawl2.gif <-- hey, I want a re-match

brawl4.gif <-- hand on waist sighing gesture, cute!

Spoiler

brawl5.gif <-- naughty boy caught by the Halbaes

Spoiler

brawl6.gif please.. help.. me..

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

@kansas424   The screening of ABL is a special event organised by Rubeurs (LBH's official fan club in Korea)  to commemorate ABL's 15th anniversary.   The only annual event that Rubeurs organises is BH's birthday party in July.  It is usually held on the Saturday before his birthday.  

• Like 4

Here's another 7-minute clip and great version of the Brawl Stars CF feat. LBH and the cameo stars from BSL, GOF et. al.. It's an even funnier clip, a parody of his movies JSA, A Bittersweet Life as well as Harmonium in My Memory. The MR.SUNSHINE wanted poster in the beginning is simply hilarious. th_lmfao.gif

Published on March 15, 2019 by 브롤스타즈

• Like 4

March 18, 2019

Having been captivated by the drama “Mr. Sunshine” and in particular, mesmerised  by Byung Hun-ssi's acting,   it is impossible to not visit “Sunshine Studio”  while I was in Seoul.   Going there is not an easy task.  We decided to take the KTX train from Yongsan train station to Nonsan where the Sunshine Studio studio is located.   The train took one hour and 37 minutes.  When we arrived at Nonsan, we were approached by a taxi driver who said he can drive us there.  This was a correct decision as the trip was much shorter and we avoided having to walk at least 20 minutes from the bus stop to the Studio in the rain.  The bus ride would have taken more than 45 minutes!

Visiting Sunshine Studio is the best way to recapture the moments of the drama and to imagine oneself in Hanseong as Seoul was known in that time.  The set looked authentic.   However, I cannot find Room 304  where Eugene stayed.   The Director was very clever to take shots at the right angles to let us imagine a far bigger set with many more rooms.

Eugene Choi’s desk at the US Consulate.

ms21..jpg

Eugene Choi's military uniform

ms2.jpg

Eugene's handkerchief

ms15.jpg

• Like 4